U.S. Senator Cruz catapults to fame w...

U.S. Senator Cruz catapults to fame with marathon anti-Obamacare speech

There are 616 comments on the Reuters story from Sep 25, 2013, titled U.S. Senator Cruz catapults to fame with marathon anti-Obamacare speech. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#23 Sep 26, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
<quoted text>
pap schmear anti-American, you drool with your boyfriend's panties stuffed in your mouth while future President Cruz speaks
shut your face and listen, you goof
Fuckyoutoo.

Location hidden

#24 Sep 26, 2013
Canon wrote:
HA! So funny that this new senator has your feathers ruffled!
Interesting!
The people love him, it's the "good ole boys" congressmen that don't like him....because he didn't go there to "JOIN" their club!!! He went to do what he said he would do!
GET OVER IT...or not....it's funny!!!
The "people" who love Cruz don't walk upright. Support for the Tea Party is now down to 22%. Your creaky ship is sinking, your deranged clowns like Ted Cruz along with it.
carey529

United States

#25 Sep 26, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>+
The republicants are good at that fear thing - seems Hillary is giving them some fear food for thought.
Mr. Geisel must have been rolling around in his grave while watching Ted (Jessie Helms) Cruz read Green Eggs! It was pathetic.
the depth of your stupidity is matched only by the depths of your hypocrisy...

but you're too frikkin stupid to know that!
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#26 Sep 26, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The "people" who love Cruz don't walk upright. Support for the Tea Party is now down to 22%. Your creaky ship is sinking, your deranged clowns like Ted Cruz along with it.
Wrong. That is what the lib media is telling you to think...you little robot. Hee Hee. Go ahead, stay asleep.

Location hidden

#27 Sep 26, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. That is what the lib media is telling you to think...you little robot. Hee Hee. Go ahead, stay asleep.
You'd be better off if you were asleep. That might deactivate the spores.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#28 Sep 26, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You'd be better off if you were asleep. That might deactivate the spores.
I'll stay awake, thank you tho.:)

spores? whatever that means.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#29 Sep 26, 2013
Obamacare MUST be delayed until there is some OPEN debate as to what the bill encompasses. While the bill has been ruled Constitutional, it should be noted that a law also has to be enforced equitably under the 14th Amendment.

Here are some exemptions which Obama the Opaque has hidden from the American People.

http://calwatchdog.com/2013/02/05/obamacare-g...

IRS allowable exemptions

The proposed regulations also catalog the statuteís nine categories of individuals who are exempt from the shared responsibility payment:

* Individuals who cannot afford coverage;

* Taxpayers with income below the federal filing threshold;

* Members of Indian tribes;

* Hardship;

* Individuals who experience short coverage gaps;

* Religious conscience;

* Members of a health-care sharing ministry;

* Incarcerated individuals; and

* Individuals who are not lawfully present.

These exemptions leave only the working middle class, and those who pay income tax to pick up the tab.

Who doesnít pay?

The half of Americans who do not pay federal income taxes will not be required to pay the ďmandatoryĒ IRS fine if they do not buy government health insurance.

Illegal aliens will not be fined.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#30 Sep 26, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The Corporate Fascist MSM put Obama in the WH at the behest of the Globalist Oligarchy.

I'm sure the very rich and the very poor and the politicians Will Be Exempt from Obamacare, which looks like it is designed to further wipe out the middle-class.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#31 Sep 26, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know whatís coming nextÖ how we are all afraid of Ted Cruz because he can beat Hillary. The same desperate stupidity they were saying for over a year before 2012 about Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, Michelle Bachmann, Herman (the token buffoon) Cain and Mitt Romney, LOL!
We sure did have to fear all of them didnít we, LOL!
I fear the dumbasses that elected him.

Just like last time they'll be rejoicing for anyone that can fog a mirror.

The latest, greatest flash in the pan.

Poor teabaggers.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#32 Sep 26, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey blue
The amazing thing is the clowns never stop coming out of that car
Sadly, there are still a few highly intelligent and grounded Republicans around....they just don't want anything to do with this mean-spirited, treacherous remnants of a once proud party. Another attempt to hold our country's economy, because they don't want Affordable Healthcare to work is beyond childish....
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#33 Sep 26, 2013
It looks like the Republicans have FOCUSED on a Critical issue of Obamacare where they can make a strong moral stand; ie delaying the individual mandate.

Obama's rules for enforcing the individual mandate are BLATANTLY Un-Constitutional under the 14th Amendment.

His rules are like saying some citizens have to obey a speed limit of 55 mph and some don't.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#34 Sep 26, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The "people" who love Cruz don't walk upright. Support for the Tea Party is now down to 22%. Your creaky ship is sinking, your deranged clowns like Ted Cruz along with it.
....They don't get any positive economic updates on Fox, nor any updates on the death of the two-party system.....
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#36 Sep 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, there are still a few highly intelligent and grounded Republicans around....they just don't want anything to do with this mean-spirited, treacherous remnants of a once proud party. Another attempt to hold our country's economy, because they don't want Affordable Healthcare to work is beyond childish....
ohh...you so silly.....IT WON'T WORK you idiot. That's what this is about you moron.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#37 Sep 26, 2013
Oh, so now it's a "marathon" speech?
Guess that's not quite the same as a
filibuster, huh?.

You know, like he said he was going to?

The guy's a con man.
He should be selling used cars.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#38 Sep 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, there are still a few highly intelligent and grounded Republicans around....they just don't want anything to do with this mean-spirited, treacherous remnants of a once proud party. Another attempt to hold our country's economy, because they don't want Affordable Healthcare to work is beyond childish....
How many people have even read the bill? My take on this is that the Government just wants the Health Care money in their hands to give to their BANKSTER Overloards; the Bilderbergs, etc. Theft, plain and simple.

Now I could be wrong about this and let us say, that Obamacare IS good for the country. The Prima Facie evidence suggests otherwise.
What Evidence? Of couse, the HUNDREDS of Exemptions to the law, excluding Congress, the Judicial, the Executive Branch, Unions, Corporations, Illegal Aliens, etc.

Now you say that the Republicans DON'T want this to work BUT I say that Obama has crafted this bill in the UTMOST secrecy and denied Congress the time necessary for a full debate.

Do you remember the "WAR on POVERTY" programs. Over 16 TRILLION spent with no improvement in the poverty levels.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#39 Sep 26, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
It looks like the Republicans have FOCUSED on a Critical issue of Obamacare where they can make a strong moral stand; ie delaying the individual mandate.
Obama's rules for enforcing the individual mandate are BLATANTLY Un-Constitutional under the 14th Amendment.
His rules are like saying some citizens have to obey a speed limit of 55 mph and some don't.
FYI bud:

The Supreme Court upheld President Obamaís health care overhaul law, saying its requirement that most Americans obtain insurance or pay a penalty was authorized by Congressís power to levy taxes. The vote was 5 to 4, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. joining the courtís four more liberal members.

Read and weep.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#40 Sep 26, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI bud:
The Supreme Court upheld President Obamaís health care overhaul law, saying its requirement that most Americans obtain insurance or pay a penalty was authorized by Congressís power to levy taxes. The vote was 5 to 4, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. joining the courtís four more liberal members.
Read and weep.
I don't disagree with what you are saying at all. You are 100% Correct. The Court ruled that the power to levy taxes is in the Constitution, making the mandate Constitutional on those grounds.

My complaint is of a different sort. A different Constitutional Issue, to wit, that under the 14th Amendment there is equal protection under the law. By providing EXEMPTIONS to the mandate it opens up a whole new can of worms and it seems on its surface that the middle-class is being targeted.

Until these exemptions can be sorted out, there should be a delay in the mandate.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#41 Sep 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
The Republican Party decayed in pieces over time. I registered as a Republican in 1975. My first vote was for Jerry Ford. Me and my grand father were John Anderson volunteers in 1980, I even got to chew the fat with Jack Kemp a couple times.
Then came the purges...
Reagan invited the Anderson delegates to leave, grandpa did , I hung on until the Christian Right began it's purging of the party. Now even great men like Richard Lugar are not Republican....
It is hard to say why those who are sane hang on.. could be that they vote on a single issue..But todays GOP is like yesterdays Democrat. factious aggressive, ideological and futile..

Location hidden

#42 Sep 26, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll stay awake, thank you tho.:)
spores? whatever that means.
You don't get it about the spores, but you are an unwitting victim of it.
Hint: It causes paranoia and absurd conspiracy theories about the media.

Location hidden

#43 Sep 26, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The Corporate Fascist MSM put Obama in the WH at the behest of the Globalist Oligarchy.
I'm sure the very rich and the very poor and the politicians Will Be Exempt from Obamacare, which looks like it is designed to further wipe out the middle-class.
You forgot to mention that the sky is green and that dogs quack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rahm Emanuel on Democratic problems: - You're n... 3 min UidiotRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Jay 270,786
News Senate Intelligence Committee requests Trump ca... 14 min Christsharia sLaw 10
News How President Trump consumes - or does not cons... 22 min Christsharia sLaw 1
News Snubs and slights are part of the job in Trump'... 27 min Christsharia sLaw 2
News As White House defends Jared Kushner, experts q... 31 min Christsharia sLaw 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Into The Night 63,626
News Every GI Who Invaded Vietnam, Iraq, etc. Was a ... 2 hr davy 33
News Flynn invokes 5th Amendment, refuses to comply ... 2 hr WelbyMD 96
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Chicagoan by Birth 240,970
News James Comey fired as FBI director 4 hr Erl 3,057
More from around the web