/Pew poll: Health care law faces diff...

/Pew poll: Health care law faces difficult future

There are 282 comments on the USA Today story from Sep 16, 2013, titled /Pew poll: Health care law faces difficult future. In it, USA Today reports that:

Three years after President Obama signed his signature health care overhaul, Americans are as negative toward it as they have ever been, and disapproval of the president on the issue has reached a new high.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

CBOW

Dover, PA

#130 Sep 27, 2013
But former Congressional Budget Office Director Doug Holtz-Eakin said Thursday,“unfortunately you can go all through that HHS report and not be able to answer the most important question: will my insurance rates go up in 2014?"

"They cherry picked the data in order to highlight the fact that people of low income will benefit under the law," adds Avik Roy of the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, a New York-based think tank. "But people of middle income will not. And they didn’t really talk about that."

The new law requires the addition of what it calls essential benefits -- a list of things that must be covered and which make insurance more expensive than it is now.

"This report is intended to send the message,'hey everybody wins, this is a great thing, please show up,"says Holtz-Eakin.

"That's not the reality. The reality is much messier. There's going to be some people who do better. There are going to be a lot of people who do much, much worse."

The Manhattan Institute analyzed rates around the country and found that for people of medium income, costs will soar -- up by as much as 99 percent for men, and up about 55 percent for women.

"Even if the average American gets some subsidy, a partial subsidy," says Roy, who authored the study,"that partial subsidy won't be enough to overcome the dramatic increase in the cost of insurance, the underlying cost of insurance ObamaCare imposes on the market."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#131 Sep 28, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww. Sounds like a personal problem.......Tribe-a social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect, typically having a recognized leader. Most definitely fits the definition. You need to get out more, sonny.
Yes, your stupidity is indeed a personal problem. One you should address.

Now run along and go bleach your hood skippy.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#134 Oct 28, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your stupidity is indeed a personal problem. One you should address.
Now run along and go bleach your hood skippy.
Obamacare in action.(CBS News) Nearly five weeks into the launch of HealthCare.gov , the management expert brought in to turn around the website says its issues are fixable. But it's going to take weeks, not days. That comes as some Americans are being surprised, not only that they are being booted off their current plans, but at how much they're being asked to pay for new ones.

Special section: Health care in America

For many, their introduction to the Affordable Care Act has been negative: a broken website, and now cancellation notices from insurance companies followed by sticker shock over higher prices for the new plans. It's directly at odds with repeated assurances from the president, who has said "if you like your insurance plan, you will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you."

But people across the country are finding out they're losing their existing insurance plans under Obamacare because requirements in the law, such as prenatal and prescription drug coverage, mean their old plans aren't comprehensive enough.

In California, Kaiser Permanente terminated policies for 160,000 people. In Florida, at least 300,000 people are losing coverage.

That includes 56-year-old Dianne Barrette. Last month, she received a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield informing her as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. Barrette pays $54 a month. The new plan she's being offered would run $591 a month -- 10 times more than what she currently pays.

Barrette said, "What I have right now is what I am happy with and I just want to know why I can't keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else?" Keep promoting the ACA, it will be you undoing.

Location hidden

#136 Oct 29, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare in action.(CBS News) Nearly five weeks into the launch of HealthCare.gov , the management expert brought in to turn around the website says its issues are fixable. But it's going to take weeks, not days. That comes as some Americans are being surprised, not only that they are being booted off their current plans, but at how much they're being asked to pay for new ones.
Special section: Health care in America
For many, their introduction to the Affordable Care Act has been negative: a broken website, and now cancellation notices from insurance companies followed by sticker shock over higher prices for the new plans. It's directly at odds with repeated assurances from the president, who has said "if you like your insurance plan, you will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you."
But people across the country are finding out they're losing their existing insurance plans under Obamacare because requirements in the law, such as prenatal and prescription drug coverage, mean their old plans aren't comprehensive enough.
In California, Kaiser Permanente terminated policies for 160,000 people. In Florida, at least 300,000 people are losing coverage.
That includes 56-year-old Dianne Barrette. Last month, she received a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield informing her as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. Barrette pays $54 a month. The new plan she's being offered would run $591 a month -- 10 times more than what she currently pays.
Barrette said, "What I have right now is what I am happy with and I just want to know why I can't keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else?" Keep promoting the ACA, it will be you undoing.
Which PROVES that the software companies delivered a faulty product...exactly as I said.

Thanks for admitting I was correct

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#137 Oct 29, 2013
So, why are my healthcare premiums increasing by 18%? I thought the cost was supposed to go down. I sure did not expect that high of an increase. Why am I and my spouse working our buttockses off?
Where are the jobs for the young healthy people that are supposed to carry the weight of this system?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#138 Oct 29, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Which PROVES that the software companies delivered a faulty product...exactly as I said.
Thanks for admitting I was correct
Thanks to this pathetic administration. Odumbo and his minions have done more damage to the insured in this country than the insurance companies have done. Nice work Odumbo. So much for the democratic party's "salvation" for the common man! LOL!!!

Location hidden

#139 Oct 29, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
So, why are my healthcare premiums increasing by 18%? I thought the cost was supposed to go down. I sure did not expect that high of an increase. Why am I and my spouse working our buttockses off?
Where are the jobs for the young healthy people that are supposed to carry the weight of this system?
Where did you hear that? Not in NY they aren't

Location hidden

#140 Oct 29, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to this pathetic administration. Odumbo and his minions have done more damage to the insured in this country than the insurance companies have done. Nice work Odumbo. So much for the democratic party's "salvation" for the common man! LOL!!!
This administration did not write the code for the software company skippy.

The contracts were bid and approved by CONGRESS as well dumb azz.

You REALLY need to do your homework
CBOW

Dover, PA

#142 Oct 30, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA law is directly responsible for cancellation since they don't meet the criteria for minimum coverage. Lord knows all men and women over 50 need maturnity leave insurance and free birth control pills. LOL! Get a clue! The ACA is a giant financial scheme to get those to pat for those who don't! Odumbocare IS indeed way "more than just a website", it's an abomination!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#143 Oct 30, 2013
What's with the succumbi in this administration protecting the chosen one? He is so out of touch and ill-informed he cannot really be our president. He is out of the loop more than he's in.......

Location hidden

#144 Oct 30, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA law is directly responsible for cancellation since they don't meet the criteria for minimum coverage. Lord knows all men and women over 50 need maturnity leave insurance and free birth control pills. LOL! Get a clue! The ACA is a giant financial scheme to get those to pat for those who don't! Odumbocare IS indeed way "more than just a website", it's an abomination!
What in the hell are you crying about? Try to get back on topic. your little tantrum has nothing to do with the software glitch or Congressional approval
CBOW

Dover, PA

#145 Oct 30, 2013
Want to see our healthcare in this country tank, wait for it......wait for it....engineered failure by the Obastard administration in order to enact a single payer system. Single-payer health care is a system in which the government, rather than private insurers, pays for all health care costs. Single-payer systems may contract for healthcare services from private organizations or may own and employ healthcare resources and personnel. ...The worst and most encompassing tax increase in history will be imposed. And to think, Sarah Palin was laughed at for her perception of Death Panels.

Location hidden

#146 Oct 30, 2013
CBOW wrote:
Want to see our healthcare in this country tank, wait for it......wait for it....engineered failure by the Obastard administration in order to enact a single payer system. Single-payer health care is a system in which the government, rather than private insurers, pays for all health care costs. Single-payer systems may contract for healthcare services from private organizations or may own and employ healthcare resources and personnel....The worst and most encompassing tax increase in history will be imposed. And to think, Sarah Palin was laughed at for her perception of Death Panels.
The GOParanoid imbeciles are back in full force. Now this was an engineered ploy to destroy this nations health care industry?

Wow skippy....your stupidity is boundless

Location hidden

#147 Oct 30, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Traitors all. No passing the buck. They gave the contract to a Canadian company, with ties to Michelle Obama.
Toni Townes-Whitley is senior vice president at CGI Federal, the company that earned the “no-bid” contract to build the $678 million Obamacare website. She is also reportedly a former Princeton classmate of First Lady Michelle Obama, a curious connection first noted by the Daily Caller.

Townes-Whitley and the first lady reportedly graduated from Princeton in 1985 and are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni
Go ahead, check the facts.

Location hidden

#148 Oct 30, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a liar
Also, please tell me how I am not paying more for less coverage with my MVP health insurance. My premiums and my deductibles are higher. I work full time and have dependents. I am not working for the Government.

Location hidden

#149 Oct 30, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>Traitors all. No passing the buck. They gave the contract to a Canadian company, with ties to Michelle Obama.
Toni Townes-Whitley is senior vice president at CGI Federal, the company that earned the “no-bid” contract to build the $678 million Obamacare website. She is also reportedly a former Princeton classmate of First Lady Michelle Obama, a curious connection first noted by the Daily Caller.
Townes-Whitley and the first lady reportedly graduated from Princeton in 1985 and are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni
Go ahead, check the facts.
First off skippy, where did you hear that there were ties to Michelle, faux news perhaps? What exactly does that prove even if it were true? Cheney was on the board of Halliburton, did any republitards cry about that?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#150 Oct 30, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOParanoid imbeciles are back in full force. Now this was an engineered ploy to destroy this nations health care industry?
Wow skippy....your stupidity is boundless
Republicans rammed Odumbocare through????? Wow, news to me. FOOOL!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#151 Oct 30, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
First off skippy, where did you hear that there were ties to Michelle, faux news perhaps? What exactly does that prove even if it were true? Cheney was on the board of Halliburton, did any republitards cry about that?
newsmax.CGI Federal, which secured a $678 million no-bid contract to build the Obamacare exchange web portal, has come under increased scrutiny for ties between senior executives and the Obama administration following the disastrous rollout of the healthcare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, a senior vice president at CGI Federal, is a Princeton classmate of First Lady Michelle Obama, the Daily Caller reported. In addition to being college classmates, both Obama and Townes-Whitley are members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

According to Federal Election Commission Records, Toni Townes-Whitley gave $500 in 2011 and 2012 to Obama's reelection, and another $1,000 to the Obama Victory Fund.

Location hidden

#152 Oct 30, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans rammed Odumbocare through????? Wow, news to me. FOOOL!
Where did I say that skippy? You are losing what little sanity you entered this debate with.

Location hidden

#153 Oct 30, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>newsmax.CGI Federal, which secured a $678 million no-bid contract to build the Obamacare exchange web portal, has come under increased scrutiny for ties between senior executives and the Obama administration following the disastrous rollout of the healthcare website.
Toni Townes-Whitley, a senior vice president at CGI Federal, is a Princeton classmate of First Lady Michelle Obama, the Daily Caller reported. In addition to being college classmates, both Obama and Townes-Whitley are members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.
According to Federal Election Commission Records, Toni Townes-Whitley gave $500 in 2011 and 2012 to Obama's reelection, and another $1,000 to the Obama Victory Fund.
LMAO they both went to Princeton???? Wow what a scandal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,640,498
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 4 min Kato 397
News GOP closer to big win with House tax vote; Sena... 5 min Retribution 32
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Lyndi 41,611
News Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should've resigned ove... 37 min American Independent 27
News Anti-gay married Republican quits after he is c... 48 min Wondering 16
News Ohio Supreme Court justice under fire after biz... 51 min anonymous 7
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 1 hr youll shoot your ... 141
News Donald Trump pauses for a water break 2 hr AlrightyThen 69
News Senator Al Franken accused of groping, kissing ... 3 hr CodeTalker 65
More from around the web