Who still takes global warming seriou...

Who still takes global warming seriously?

There are 30925 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Who still takes global warming seriously?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31974 Apr 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I want to discuss the low values experiments give CO2's greenhouse effect, less than 1° C warming each time it's doubled in the enclosed atmosphere. Don't you find that reassuring, we have such insignificant effect on climate?
Seems I busted you. You've gone to plan B.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31975 Apr 13, 2013
...I think lyin brian is still in Germany, he never responds this late a night.

He responds on this thread mostly during daylight hours for Germany.

And on weekends, I'll bet he often travels to the Eagle's Nest, and fantasizes about how great it would have been if Hitler had won....

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31976 Apr 13, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Seems I busted you. You've gone to plan B.
You posted lab experiments on CO2 in an enclosed atmosphere. The results are far lower than any climate sensitivity used by the IPCC. You busted man made global warming alarmism, you didn't post an experimental test of climate change mitigation.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31977 Apr 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You posted lab experiments on CO2 in an enclosed atmosphere. The results are far lower than any climate sensitivity used by the IPCC. You busted man made global warming alarmism, you didn't post an experimental test of climate change mitigation.
As you said, they are just lab experiments.

Applicable to the real world, but NOT the real world. Real world data give a different result. But, of course you don't want to acknowledge that.

And you said CO2 mitigates a cooling climate without even doing one of your precious experiments.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31978 Apr 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Greenhouse gases are good because they keep the warmth on the surface of Earth....

There he goes again.

He used to say there was no proof of this. He must have done his experiment.

And Kyle noticed too:
In case you missed it, Lyin' Brian has just copped to the fact of CO2 being a critical GHG for regulating Earth's climate. Therefore, he has copped to the fact that increasing it 41%(now) or 100%(in decades) will regulate climate at a drastically different state.

Well, he has, but he'll lie and deny that the undeniable logic above is valid. He'll do so by repeating an already refuted argument that was prima facie retarded or just some handwaving nonsense.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#31979 Apr 14, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
As you said, they are just lab experiments.
Right, not field experiments; on this we agree.

gcaveman1 wrote:
Applicable to the real world, but NOT the real world. Real world data give a different result.
No part of science is more real than reproducible experimental data. Gcaveman1
s real world and mine differ, because I look at experimental tests.

gcaveman1 wrote:
But, of course you don't want to acknowledge that.
I acknowledge the only experimental tests of AGW theory yield far lower climate carbon sensitivity than the IPCC. I acknowledge gcaveman1's real world is made of computer models while I prefer physical models. This is where we differ.

gcaveman1 wrote:
And you said CO2 mitigates a cooling climate without even doing one of your precious experiments.
I saw the same experiments you did, emitting CO2 does nothing but help. We need more plants to feed, clothe and shelter more people from climate. I favor adapting over mitigating or controlling climate. I'm using real world science to inform my policy, for the greater good instead of selfish altruism.
SpaceBlues

United States

#31980 Apr 14, 2013
Hey folks, science is one universe of unknowns to b_gone above.

It's unaware that CO2 is aka the thermostat.

Its ignorance ignores that fossil fuels and their combustion products are toxic, radioactive, and carcinogenic.

Yet it has posted its "paid" fossil fuel propaganda for more than 40,470 times.
SpaceBlues

United States

#31981 Apr 14, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Greenhouse gases are good because they keep the warmth on the surface of Earth....
There he goes again.
He used to say there was no proof of this. He must have done his experiment.
And Kyle noticed too:
In case you missed it, Lyin' Brian has just copped to the fact of CO2 being a critical GHG for regulating Earth's climate. Therefore, he has copped to the fact that increasing it 41%(now) or 100%(in decades) will regulate climate at a drastically different state.
Well, he has, but he'll lie and deny that the undeniable logic above is valid. He'll do so by repeating an already refuted argument that was prima facie retarded or just some handwaving nonsense.
Or paid to repeat standard fossil fuel propaganda or all of them.
SpaceBlues

United States

#31982 Apr 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Right, not field experiments; on this we agree.
<quoted text>No part of science is more real than reproducible experimental data. Gcaveman1
<quoted text>I acknowledge the only experimental tests of AGW theory yield far lower climate carbon sensitivity than the IPCC. I acknowledge gcaveman1's real world is made of computer models while I prefer physical models. This is where we differ.
<quoted text>I saw the same experiments you did, emitting CO2 does nothing but help. We need more plants to feed, clothe and shelter more people from climate. I favor adapting over mitigating or controlling climate. I'm using real world science to inform my policy, for the greater good instead of selfish altruism.
But you just posted this:

There is no climate thermostat; climate is chaotic. We can't dial it back without the danger of disaster tipping the balance. We won't jeopardize climate without experiments showing the data

There's no dial we can turn, else it would have been tried and tuned. Our CO2 emissions are perfect, they fit without a hitch. Other noxious combustion byproducts might be problems but not carbon dioxide.

Don't panic.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

P.S. b_gone is gone already. How many are there?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#31983 Apr 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Hey folks, science is one universe of unknowns to b_gone above. It's unaware that CO2 is aka the thermostat.
Its ignorance ignores that fossil fuels and their combustion products are toxic, radioactive, and carcinogenic. Yet it has posted its "paid" fossil fuel propaganda for more than 40,470 times.
Other molecules are the problem, not CO2. We need fossil fuel to power our economy.

Also, our CO2 emissions aren't a thermostat. Get a grip.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31984 Apr 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Right, not field experiments; on this we agree.
<quoted text>No part of science is more real than reproducible experimental data. Gcaveman1
<quoted text>I acknowledge the only experimental tests of AGW theory yield far lower climate carbon sensitivity than the IPCC. I acknowledge gcaveman1's real world is made of computer models while I prefer physical models. This is where we differ.
<quoted text>I saw the same experiments you did, emitting CO2 does nothing but help. We need more plants to feed, clothe and shelter more people from climate. I favor adapting over mitigating or controlling climate. I'm using real world science to inform my policy, for the greater good instead of selfish altruism.
You wanted experiments; I gave them to you. You liked one, because it seemed to back your denier side. The rest you dismissed as just lab experiments. So now you're harping on one high school science experiment overruling all other experiments and calculations done by degreed scientists. But that's all you can do.

Did you ever tell us why you think the world is warming if not the addition of massive amounts of GHG's?

NO.

You formerly insisted that an experiment was needed to show that climate mitigation was possible. Did you do a real world experiment before you said CO2 was helping us avoid another ice age?

NO.

Since you've been defeated by your own words as far as what is causing warming, you have fallen back to your next trench, sensitivity. I'll bet someone helped you with that: "Hey, boss, I screwed up and admitted that CO2 warms the planet. What do I do now?"

Boss says,"Hit 'em on sensitivity. There's some gray area on that."

"selfish altruism"? Can you define that?
SpaceBlues

United States

#31985 Apr 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Other molecules are the problem, not CO2. We need fossil fuel to power our economy.
Just because you say the opposite of science, you get a grip.

Your 41 thousand posts have failed at changing science. However, 90 million tons of man-made CO2 are being emitted into our atmosphere every day and are changing our global climate.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31986 Apr 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good point, nor does it count their customers, vendors and employees. When you look closely, fossil fuel is the energy that makes our economy thrive and prosper. We need fossil fuel because we depend on light when we flip the switch, not just when solar can get sunlight and the wind is blowing just right. Green energy is bad because it doesn't work; fossil fuel is good because it does.
<quoted text>Every consumer has the same interest as the provider; we aren't cooking our meals over dried dung; we use clean energy from fossil fuel. The CEO and the customer make the market together, you can't vilify the rich and exonerate yourself. Alarmists are truth deniers.
Your posts certainly resemble burning dung in a number of ways.

But your glassy-eyed Denierism continues to amuse, as I'm sure you intend it to.:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31987 Apr 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Other molecules are the problem, not CO2. We need fossil fuel to power our economy.
What "problem," I thought there was no greenhouse effect, no mitigation? Surely ALL molecules are created equal by our Creator, endowed with the same inalienable rights to fill our atmosphere with good cheer.

Why the implied bad-mouthing of certain molecules, Brainless? Are you a moleculist or something???

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#31988 Apr 15, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
What "problem," I thought there was no greenhouse effect, no mitigation?
Other way, there is a greenhouse gas effect but climate change mitigation has never been tried or tested.

tha Professor wrote:
Surely ALL molecules are created equal by our Creator, endowed with the same inalienable rights to fill our atmosphere with good cheer.
Almost, keep studying.

tha Professor wrote:
Why the implied bad-mouthing of certain molecules, Brainless? Are you a moleculist or something???
We need carbon dioxide in the atmosphere or we starve.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31989 Apr 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Other way, there is a greenhouse gas effect but climate change mitigation has never been tried or tested.

>>I think you simply make it whatever "way" you want to depending on what argument you're making in that particular post. That's what trolls DO, of course - the facts mean nothing to them.

<quoted text>Almost, keep studying.

>>I've studied your posts for some time, that's how I know you're a troll.

<quoted text>We need carbon dioxide in the atmosphere or we starve.

>>No one's said otherwise, Mr. Disingenuous.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#31990 Apr 15, 2013
Gcaveman suggested an experiment that shows a climate sensitivity much less than 1°C. Isn't that reassuring?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31991 Apr 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Gcaveman suggested an experiment that shows a climate sensitivity much less than 1°C. Isn't that reassuring?
I'm sure that, like the disingenuous moron you are, you'll pretend to be "reassured" by the claim.

I can't wait for the burning of fossil and nuclear fuels to be shut down, personally. I want green energy to replace them, and I want an end to Denierism and fuel-company greed.

Will you shoot yourself when that happens, Brainless?:)
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31992 Apr 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Other way, there is a greenhouse gas effect but climate change mitigation has never been tried or tested.
But, Lyin Brian, you said CO2 mitigated the climate to keep us from freezing.

Did you forget that you said it saved us from another ice age??
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31993 Apr 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Just a hi skool lab experiment, you said.

What did the other 11 experiments show?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump kicks off victory tour with Cincinnati ra... 8 min Philosophic 10
News Congressional panel recommends charges against ... 9 min Philosophic 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min sonicfilter 1,457,486
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 11 min Reality Speaks 1,851
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min mdbuilder 62,296
News Is President Elect Donald Trump Connected To Th... 15 min In The Know 89
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Injudgement 252,784
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 24 min Reality Speaks 403,238
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 27 min WasteWater 2,804
More from around the web