Farm bill passes House with welfare-t...

Farm bill passes House with welfare-to-work reforms

There are 18 comments on the The Mountaineer Publishing Company story from Jun 22, 2018, titled Farm bill passes House with welfare-to-work reforms. In it, The Mountaineer Publishing Company reports that:

The U.S. House of Representatives narrowly passed the 2018 farm bill Thursday, called for a second time after it failed in May. It sets in place more comprehensive work requirements for recipients of federal food assistance. Able-bodied recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, that aren't pregnant or caring for children would need to either work at least 20 hours per week or spend that time in job training.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mountaineer Publishing Company.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 Jun 23, 2018
Able-bodied work for free food - how racist.
Cordwainer Trout

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jun 23, 2018
There are already very similar regulations in place, which the Obama Communists operating HHS routinely find ways to disregard. The real long term answer to getting rid of cheats, liars, thieves and slackers in various welfare appropriations and distribution is to get rid of the Communists in our Federal Agencies. Democrat opposition to new Farm Bills redundantly shows their repeated attempts to disrupt Congress and the United States, as the Bill simply restates what their own legislation under Clinton established.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#3 Jun 23, 2018
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
There are already very similar regulations in place, which the Obama Communists operating HHS routinely find ways to disregard. The real long term answer to getting rid of cheats, liars, thieves and slackers in various welfare appropriations and distribution is to get rid of the Communists in our Federal Agencies. Democrat opposition to new Farm Bills redundantly shows their repeated attempts to disrupt Congress and the United States, as the Bill simply restates what their own legislation under Clinton established.
Well if you cannot buy a voter who can you buy?
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#4 Jun 23, 2018
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you cannot buy a voter who can you buy?
You could try using your mummies SNAP card to buy a clue, but I doubt you’d know what to do with it once you had it.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#5 Jun 23, 2018
Impeach the Creep wrote:
<quoted text>

You could try using your mummies SNAP card to buy a clue, but I doubt you’d know what to do with it once you had it.
Gosh, such hate from an immature little bot that still lives in mommies basement because of being too stupid to get hired. Does your mommy like having a pet parasite to call her own?
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#6 Jun 23, 2018
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>

Gosh, such hate from an immature little bot that still lives in mommies basement because of being too stupid to get hired. Does your mommy like having a pet parasite to call her own?
Ah, the all-powerful “I know you are, but what am I?” rejoinder.

Well played, Cupcake, well played.
Democrat Hero

Troy, NY

#7 Jun 23, 2018
Notice how Trump his base & republicans lump all together? All immigrants are evil because of MS 13 immigrants, Stop Snap benefits because there are a few bad apples receiving them that shouldn’t? And these are the same ones who always cry ,don’t hold everyone to blame because of a few bad apples in any issue that arises that puts them and their beloved causes in the spotlight! Such hypocrisy.
Jackie

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Jun 24, 2018
Welp, better get that minimum wage at least to 15.00 if this goes through.
NICK

Huntington, WV

#11 Jun 24, 2018
Democrat Hero wrote:
Notice how Trump his base & republicans lump all together? All immigrants are evil because of MS 13 immigrants, Stop Snap benefits because there are a few bad apples receiving them that shouldn’t? And these are the same ones who always cry ,don’t hold everyone to blame because of a few bad apples in any issue that arises that puts them and their beloved causes in the spotlight! Such hypocrisy.
You’re confused troy. It’s you snowflakes that do all the cryin’...
coyote505

Fargo, ND

#12 Jun 24, 2018
Democrat Hero wrote:
When England took the "right wing reactionary" step of asking all those drawing "disability" payments to submit to medical examinations, this is what happened: One third took the exams and were found legitimately disabled. One third took the exams and were found Not to have any disability. One third did not bother to show for the exams, knowing very well that they were not disabled, and simply dropped off the welfare rolls and got a job. Seems that there were more than "a few" welfare moochers in that apple barrel.
Jackie

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Jun 24, 2018
coyote505 wrote:
<quoted text>

When England took the "right wing reactionary" step of asking all those drawing "disability" payments to submit to medical examinations, this is what happened: One third took the exams and were found legitimately disabled. One third took the exams and were found Not to have any disability. One third did not bother to show for the exams, knowing very well that they were not disabled, and simply dropped off the welfare rolls and got a job. Seems that there were more than "a few" welfare moochers in that apple barrel.
People with drug and alcohol addictions are considered disabled, so I guess they are safe then.
Jackie

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Jun 24, 2018
Maybe they will have rehab programs for people with addictions that would qualify as work, since they can't work? Just a thought.
Jackie

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Jun 24, 2018
What about sex addicts that can't work, I remember a judge in the news several years ago that had some kind of penis pump machine right there s court was being held in session. Was he able o make sensible decision, I wonder?
Jackie

Reading, PA

#16 Jun 24, 2018
Wow I got no replys?
JUST ICE

United States

#17 Jun 24, 2018
Jackie wrote:
Maybe they will have rehab programs for people with addictions that would qualify as work, since they can't work? Just a thought.
I am interested to know just how that will work.
If these people do not go to the rehab center then what happens? Would their food stamps be cut off?
That might work for males, but I don't think women with children would let the politicians do them that way.
Jackie

Bethlehem, PA

#18 Jun 24, 2018
JUST ICE wrote:
<quoted text>

I am interested to know just how that will work.
If these people do not go to the rehab center then what happens? Would their food stamps be cut off?
That might work for males, but I don't think women with children would let the politicians do them that way.
I don't know. I hope their food stamps wouldn't be cut off. Just trying to see both sides, the taxpayers can't keep holding the load.

These big corporations need to step up the plate and pay for their employees food and benifits.

Something just came to mind, there are people already working 40 hours a week and their pays are so low they have to get food stamps.
JUST ICE

United States

#20 Jun 25, 2018
Jackie wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't know. I hope their food stamps wouldn't be cut off. Just trying to see both sides, the taxpayers can't keep holding the load.

These big corporations need to step up the plate and pay for their employees food and benifits.

Something just came to mind, there are people already working 40 hours a week and their pays are so low they have to get food stamps.
I do get your point about getting drug user's to go to rehab, but most of them will not go.
I think tax payers will be paying higher taxes because some of these politicians say America is a rich nation.
A person making minimum wage should at least be able to buy food.
southern at heart

Charleston, WV

#21 Jun 25, 2018
Jackie wrote:
<quoted text>

Hey, retard. The big corporation I work for deposits the wages I earn into my bank account. Then It's up to me to be responsible to pay my bills and to buy my food. Why do you think people are constantly in need of a baby sitter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some Democrats warn of dangers of election over... 5 min CodeTalker 21
News Kavanaugh accuser to tell her side to Senate 6 min Disappointed 37
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min White Ghost 1,831,395
News Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker on same... 7 min Junos Rising Star 1,944
News A 2nd woman has accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexu... 8 min spud 17
News Same-sex suburban couples are changing the equa... 9 min Junos Rising Star 5
News The Latest: Senate hearing will feature Kavanau... 9 min Ace 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min Kavanaugh 106,460
News Woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual miscon... 45 min spud 431
News Deputy AG Rosenstein suggested he secretly reco... 1 hr jtkluempers 63