NOM Sets Sights on Starbucks for Gay Marriage Support

Nov 14, 2012 Full story: EDGE 263

The leaders of the anti-gay marriage group the National Organization for Marriage are furious that the LGBT community made great strides after Election Day.

Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#1 Nov 14, 2012
funny he does not mention the 2 million Bill Gates and Microsoft pitched in I guess even Brian Brown cant live without Windows, and why India Hinduism does not condemn homosexuality.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#2 Nov 14, 2012
This gave me a laugh.
First of all, do they really expect to make much of a dent in Starbucks? Even if they do, are they thinking of all the people, even the people on their side, that'll hate them for attacking a major company like this?

Second, bigots always complain when people boycott companies that donate to hate groups. Yet when people attack major companies for their views (that have been known for quite a while, by the way), they scream in joy. They're all a bunch of hypocritical bigots.

When I said people would hate them, I mean that if they do succeed in making a dent in Starbucks, they'd have to raise costs to cover damages. People will be pissed at NOM for that raise in costs if they are Starbucks goers, gay individuals and bigots alike.

Montreal

#3 Nov 14, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
funny he does not mention the 2 million Bill Gates and Microsoft pitched in I guess even Brian Brown cant live without Windows, and why India Hinduism does not condemn homosexuality.
You make a good point, it'd be even more hilarious to try and attack Microsoft.
They'd snuff out NOM in one blow.

Starbucks won't be affected much by this though, they're too big and NOM is way too small.

Besides, I doubt people who donated to NOM are happy that they're attacking companies who supported equality, attacking for past events. I bet they're a little peeved that their donations aren't being saved for fights for equality in the future.
NOM isn't a very smart hate group.
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Brown and Gallagher the like wil be RESPONSABLE for any and ALL occurances that happen IF they start thier crap against STARBUCKS in other countries......if 1 Starbucks employee is Hurt, or killed - NOM should be HELD responsible...period!

Montreal

#6 Nov 14, 2012
disgusted american wrote:
Brown and Gallagher the like wil be RESPONSABLE for any and ALL occurances that happen IF they start thier crap against STARBUCKS in other countries......if 1 Starbucks employee is Hurt, or killed - NOM should be HELD responsible...period!
I didn't think of the possibility that someone could be killed in the process while it is 100% true that the possibility exists.
NOM is a destructive force that claims it is doing good, yet they fail to realize what their actions could yield consequentially.
3OHY

San Jose, CA

#7 Nov 14, 2012
If gays don't want opposition to focus on companies overtly supporting gay agendas, maybe the leading gay organizations should stop publishing lists of companies most friendly to their agendas and recommendations for consumers to use the lists to focus discrimination onto companies not specifically heralding gay agendas. As usual, it's the gays generating the problems.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#8 Nov 14, 2012
3OHY wrote:
If gays don't want opposition to focus on companies overtly supporting gay agendas, maybe the leading gay organizations should stop publishing lists of companies most friendly to their agendas and recommendations for consumers to use the lists to focus discrimination onto companies not specifically heralding gay agendas. As usual, it's the gays generating the problems.
and...just how many of them companies do you buy from? Full list is at HRC.com
3OHY

San Jose, CA

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>and...just how many of them companies do you buy from? Full list is at HRC.com
If gays insist on polarizing the issue and harassing companies not actively supporting their agendas increasingly focused on turning youth into sexually active perverts, there will undoubtedly be a reversed use of the lists generated by organizations surreptitiously supporting NAMBLA agendas by indoctrinating children in first grade and in their consumption of candy bars, etc.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#10 Nov 14, 2012
notice how they cry for the employees of Starbucks, but not for chick-fil-A....
its faux concern.

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

#11 Nov 14, 2012
3OHY wrote:
<quoted text>
If gays insist on polarizing the issue and harassing companies not actively supporting their agendas increasingly focused on turning youth into sexually active perverts, there will undoubtedly be a reversed use of the lists generated by organizations surreptitiously supporting NAMBLA agendas by indoctrinating children in first grade and in their consumption of candy bars, etc.
You sound like a NOM robot….and someone off their meds.
3OHY

San Jose, CA

#12 Nov 14, 2012
Juanpaul wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a NOM robot….and someone off their meds.
It's gays generating the lists identifying Hershey's as encouraging more gay access to children, not NOM.
shelby

Mississauga, Canada

#13 Nov 14, 2012
Fools..... the Middle East hates everyone from America and Canada along with everyone else that are So called Christians. (not only gay people)Although that is what many of them do behind closed doors. I was stationed in the Middle East with the Army most men use boys and each other for sexual pleasure but still want to marry a virgin. FOOLS joining FOOLS looks good on them.
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#14 Nov 14, 2012
disgusted american wrote:
TOTALLY AGREE..But they will just lie and blame somebody else, probably Gays.
Todd

Laramie, WY

#15 Nov 14, 2012
Its a brilliant idea!(NOT) Let's go into countries where the LGBT population is constantly attacked (physically and often to the point of death) and spread the anti-gay message even further. NOM you are a DISGUSTING organization who uses despicable mechanisms to support your unsupportable stance. You should be ashamed. The blood of those in the LGBT community in the middle east will now be on your hands. Ironic isn't it...how you claim to be the moral ones (with so many values) when all your tactics are as immoral as possible.
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#16 Nov 14, 2012
3OHY wrote:
<quoted text>
It's gays generating the lists identifying Hershey's as encouraging more gay access to children, not NOM.
Your a bigoted idiot if you believe that.
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#17 Nov 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
notice how they cry for the employees of Starbucks, but not for chick-fil-A....
its faux concern.
Yea right, Starbucks isn't donating for the murder of gay people either.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#18 Nov 14, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea right, Starbucks isn't donating for the murder of gay people either.
are you suggesting Chick Fil-A is advocating for the murder of gays?
that would be breaking news...
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Nov 14, 2012
Lacez wrote:
This gave me a laugh.
First of all, do they really expect to make much of a dent in Starbucks? Even if they do, are they thinking of all the people, even the people on their side, that'll hate them for attacking a major company like this?
Second, bigots always complain when people boycott companies that donate to hate groups. Yet when people attack major companies for their views (that have been known for quite a while, by the way), they scream in joy. They're all a bunch of hypocritical bigots.
When I said people would hate them, I mean that if they do succeed in making a dent in Starbucks, they'd have to raise costs to cover damages. People will be pissed at NOM for that raise in costs if they are Starbucks goers, gay individuals and bigots alike.
The antigay are simply not logical. In fact, by some indications I'm reading and seeing, you're now witnessing just the beginning of their utter hysteria on this subject: NOW I believe they are going to get extreme.

Getting "desperate" is not a good thing to call it, as I see some saying; they're far from over with this fight. What they will get is *extreme*, even sabotaging their own self-interests.

This is because their viewpoint is based, for them, in *ideology* which is unchangeable and unbudgeable. It is antigay *ideology* based on a *moral imperative* which drives them to behave in this way: In short, you're seeing what indoctrination does to otherwise normal people who become batshit demons, hysterical with hatred.
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#20 Nov 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
are you suggesting Chick Fil-A is advocating for the murder of gays?
that would be breaking news...
Jane..we've been through this before. Follow the donations and they end up in Nigeria..

Montreal

#21 Nov 14, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane..we've been through this before. Follow the donations and they end up in Nigeria..
Jane refuses to look where the donations are going or what the groups donated to believe in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 min KiMare 1,365
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min USMail XXXII 269,369
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 6 min harmonious 32,966
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min deutscher Nationa... 120,671
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 10 min barefoot2626 1,242
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Jay 158,602
Rahall-Jenkins House race remains tight 14 min sheetzluvr 20
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min sonicfilter 1,124,642
Ebola commentary desperately needs clarification 24 min the Light 36
Justices allow Texas to enforce strict voter ID... 59 min ronnie 112