Howard agrees to proposed $1.3M settl...

Howard agrees to proposed $1.3M settlement in immigration raid case

There are 18 comments on the The Mississippi Press story from Nov 21, 2012, titled Howard agrees to proposed $1.3M settlement in immigration raid case. In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

A federal judge has set an opt-out deadline of Nov. 29 deadline for those eligible for part of a proposed, $1.3 million class-action settlement alleging discriminatory hiring practices at Howard Industries, which was the target of the largest U.S. workplace raid on illegal immigrants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Nov 21, 2012
too bad white folks cannot sue for the same reasons. this happens way too often here in ca and most likely wherever there are illegal aliens.

what i see here in ca in construction is when a latino or hispanic guy gets into a foreman or higher job he/she will only hire others just like them and harass all others who are not and still working the job. trying to make an all latino or hispanic work place then the news says they are the only people willing to build houses or work any construction

if we are to ever have equal rights this needs to be stopped, discrimination is the same no matter who does it and should not be overlooked or protected when it is going against white folks.a/a has to be removed.

don't know if its do to being bigots or they want workers they can exploit and take advantage of.
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Nov 21, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
too bad white folks cannot sue for the same reasons. this happens way too often here in ca and most likely wherever there are illegal aliens.
what i see here in ca in construction is when a latino or hispanic guy gets into a foreman or higher job he/she will only hire others just like them and harass all others who are not and still working the job. trying to make an all latino or hispanic work place then the news says they are the only people willing to build houses or work any construction
if we are to ever have equal rights this needs to be stopped, discrimination is the same no matter who does it and should not be overlooked or protected when it is going against white folks.a/a has to be removed.
don't know if its do to being bigots or they want workers they can exploit and take advantage of.
I hate illegals with a Passion but I hate the people that hire them even more. Those are the one I want to see underground

Location hidden

#3 Nov 21, 2012
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>I hate illegals with a Passion but I hate the people that hire them even more. Those are the one I want to see underground
in my area of ca that would be everything from farmers to schools then the local city and county government.add in the state who has let some work in the capital as interns for public officials.
ronnie

Saint George, UT

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Good for them. More Co.'s must stop this behavior and Law suit's may be the only way. But I also think we can do our part, by turning in as many people as you know or suspect work here under the table. This behavior is the only reason America's lost it's way. Greed by these Co's. out way loyalty to this Country. It's sickening.
Jim W

Dacula, GA

#5 Nov 22, 2012
"Immigration agents detained nearly 600 illegal immigrants during the raid at the sprawling plant."
Knowingly hired illegal immigrants. In my opinion that is a company that should be put out of business, it's assets seized just as is done with drug dealers.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#6 Nov 22, 2012
Jim W wrote:
"Immigration agents detained nearly 600 illegal immigrants during the raid at the sprawling plant."
Knowingly hired illegal immigrants. In my opinion that is a company that should be put out of business, it's assets seized just as is done with drug dealers.
Who's going to do it? The governments not going to, because they pretty much know who the illegals are anyways. They even give the illegals a number so they can pay income tax. The government pretty much aids and abets these illegals to work here.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 22, 2012
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's going to do it? The governments not going to, because they pretty much know who the illegals are anyways. They even give the illegals a number so they can pay income tax. The government pretty much aids and abets these illegals to work here.
yep,funny how the gov can do what a law from the 80s on this issue makes what they do a federal felony,helping illegal aliens stay in the country. all helping illegal aliens are felons just waiting to get arrested. Joe needs more help!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8 Nov 22, 2012
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>I hate illegals with a Passion but I hate the people that hire them even more. Those are the one I want to see underground
We need a open season on them like for coyotes.......
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#9 Nov 22, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
yep,funny how the gov can do what a law from the 80s on this issue makes what they do a federal felony,helping illegal aliens stay in the country. all helping illegal aliens are felons just waiting to get arrested. Joe needs more help!
I sure wish there were a lot more people out there like Joe. There probably would be if the government didn't come down on them so hard and fight them every step of the way.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 22, 2012
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure wish there were a lot more people out there like Joe. There probably would be if the government didn't come down on them so hard and fight them every step of the way.
strange how this gov supports criminals and goes against those enforcing laws. even suing states and siding with invaders and other countries instead of supporting them.
sba131

United States

#11 Nov 22, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
While Sheriff Joe is doing a good job. He sure could use more help. Like from the p--sys in the Federal Goverment!
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Nov 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a open season on them like for coyotes.......
I'm with you.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#13 Nov 23, 2012
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with you.
As a American living in Mexico I can tell you there is a huge difference in how the two countries treat immigrants
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#14 Feb 10, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
As a American living in Mexico I can tell you there is a huge difference in how the two countries treat immigrants
... but they're not as rough on shemales as you are:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

“Facts”

Location hidden

#15 Feb 11, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
... but they're not as rough on shemales as you are:
By a girly boy????

My 6 year old would take a punk like you out..........LOL
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#16 Feb 11, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
By a girly boy????
My 6 year old would take a punk like you out..........LOL
Your 6 year old is a queer like his daddy:

“Facts”

Location hidden

#17 Feb 11, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 6 year old is a queer like his daddy:
Why are you so scared of me girly boy??

Why did you waste a good ticket to come down and punch me in the face??

Why did your cop friends run away girly boy??
Are they scared like you??

When are you going to make good on your word girly boy and punch me in the face???

@
@
@
@

Be man and keep your word girly boy..........ROTFLMAO

Come down and try and punch me in the face.........

What is wrong???
You found out I was not a woman???

@
@
@
@
@
@

Is that why 20 of the top 25 richest people in the world have houses here????

Is that why you are so scared girly boy???

Is that why you wasted your ticket to come down and punch me in the face???

@
@
@
@
@

Any day you are brave enough to keep your word and try and punch me in the face........

5k says you can't

Waiting girly boy..........LOL

5k says you are too scared girly boy…………….LOL
Frito Bandito

San Diego, CA

#19 Feb 11, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so scared of me girly boy??
Why did you waste a good ticket to come down and punch me in the face??
Why did your cop friends run away girly boy??
Are they scared like you??
When are you going to make good on your word girly boy and punch me in the face???
@
@
@
@
Come down and try and punch me in the face.........
What is wrong???
You found out I was not a woman???
@
@
@
@
@
@
Is that why 20 of the top 25 richest people in the world have houses here????
Is that why you are so scared girly boy???
Is that why you wasted your ticket to come down and punch me in the face???
@
@
@
@
@
Any day you are brave enough to keep your word and try and punch me in the face........
5k says you can't
Waiting girly boy..........LOL
5k says you are too scared girly boy…………….LOL
Tired?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min The Northener 201,017
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Dr Guru 219,266
News Westboro Baptist Church Says Obama, SCOTUS Goin... (Mar '11) 30 min Pigeon Forge trailer 43
News Marine's father responds to Supreme Court decis... (Mar '11) 33 min Pigeon Forge trailer 33
News Critics: Trump speech signals shift to coded ra... 41 min Bama Yankee 14
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 46 min Pigeon Forge Hookers 119
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,402,991
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Yeah 390,980
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Jay 232,738
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 3 hr gwww 71
More from around the web