Obama wants gun violence measures pas...

Obama wants gun violence measures passed in 2013

There are 12 comments on the KXXV-TV Waco story from Dec 30, 2012, titled Obama wants gun violence measures passed in 2013. In it, KXXV-TV Waco reports that:

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says the Newtown school shootings have changed the gun control debate and that rural America is ready to be part of a national conversation that he believes could bring people... Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says the Newtown school shootings have changed the gun control debate and that rural America is ready ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXXV-TV Waco.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Vilsack really thinks that rural America thinks yet another ban will work? It hasn't worked before it won't now.

They get a warm fuzzy feeling for passing eyewash legislation but it doesn't fix the problem.
GunOwner

Acton, MA

#3 Dec 31, 2012
People do evil things to eachother and always have since the begining of time. A gun ban will not put an end to evil all it will do is make an evil person find another way of commiting mass murder.
Lowell

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 31, 2012
GunOwner wrote:
People do evil things to eachother and always have since the begining of time. A gun ban will not put an end to evil all it will do is make an evil person find another way of commiting mass murder.
WACO, 76 dead 26 children, weapon US Army TANK caused fire

Jim Jones, 900 dead hundreds of children, weapon poisen

1927 school Bath house, 6 adults 38 children, weapon explosives

Oklahoma Murrah building, 168 killed 19 children, weapon explosives

2001 WTC thousands killed, weapon box cutters

Many NYC and Jersey nightclub murders of over 100 adults, weapon fire

Many other killings without the use of firearms.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 31, 2012
GunOwner wrote:
Has a gun ban ever stopped a criminal from obtaining a firearm? NO! You know it and I know it. The problem is politicians are in their own little world and us common folk don't matter except at election time when they suck on us to vote them back in....
GunOwner

Acton, MA

#6 Dec 31, 2012
Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>
WACO, 76 dead 26 children, weapon US Army TANK caused fire
Jim Jones, 900 dead hundreds of children, weapon poisen
1927 school Bath house, 6 adults 38 children, weapon explosives
Oklahoma Murrah building, 168 killed 19 children, weapon explosives
2001 WTC thousands killed, weapon box cutters
Many NYC and Jersey nightclub murders of over 100 adults, weapon fire
Many other killings without the use of firearms.
Exactly my point, trying to understand WHY people are commiting evil acts is what we should be looking at, not the tool they are using to commit the acts. Let's face it people will find a way they don't need a gun.
Lowell

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 31, 2012
GunOwner wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly my point, trying to understand WHY people are commiting evil acts is what we should be looking at, not the tool they are using to commit the acts. Let's face it people will find a way they don't need a gun.
President Obama's kids school is guarded by 10 armed guards.

Guards work for the President's kids why not the common man?

There are many simple but effective measures to be made at schools to protect the kids. Government has the gun control agenda and won't let up.

Makes me sick when Obama and Fienstien run on their mouths on hoe gun control will protect the kids.

What a crock of BS!!

100% BS!!!!
Lowell

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Dec 31, 2012
A simple test, once gun control is put in place by Obama and company will the armed guards be removed from President Obama's kids schools?

Of course NOT!!

And why NOT, if gun control will prevent school murders? Because gun control WILL NOT eliminate murders!!
Brad

Manchester, CT

#9 Dec 31, 2012
I live in Ct. and we have not only an assault weapons ban but the most restrictive gun laws in the nation.
I own a pre ban AR-15 and since the tragedy in Newtown the worth of my rifle has increased to a value of over $4,000 dollars.
It's easily a better investment than my house.
timetoact

Houston, TX

#10 Jan 8, 2013
Please lets do something and vote them out soon, I am so sick of those demoturds and that dianne frankenstein needs to be put in a home. The government is more of a threat then the guns, enough said.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Obama's record:

In March 2004, the Illinois Senate passed Senate Bill 2165, a law introduced in response to DeMar's case, with provisions designed to assert a right of citizens to protect themselves against home invasions, such that self-defense requirements would be viewed to take precedence over local ordinances against handgun possession. The measure passed the Illinois Senate by a vote of 38-20. Barack Obama was one of the 20 state senators voting against the measure.

Governor Rod Blagojevich vetoed the bill. On Nov. 9, 2004, the Illinois Senate voted 40-18 to override Blagojevich's veto. Again, Obama acted against the bill.

Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban
Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded,“No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.”

Actually, Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.
An explanation Obama gave at a private fundraiser in San Francisco of the challenges he faced with working-class voters in Pennsylvania and Indiana. "It's not surprising they get bitter," he said, referring to decades of constrained economic opportunities. "They cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Clinton said the remarks were "not reflective of the values and beliefs of Americans." McCain said Obama showed "breathtaking" elitism. Obama challenged the accusations, and noted in response to the charge of elitism that he had been raised by a single mother who relied on food stamps, but conceded he could have been more diplomatic.

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998
Obama voted against making it a criminal offense for convicts on probation or on bail to have contact with a street gang.

Obama voted against a bill that would have delivered the death penalty to gang members who murder first responders.

Voted against letting people argue self-defense in court if charged with violating local weapons bans by using a gun in their home.

Unsuccessfully sponsored limit of one handgun purchase per month

Voted against making gang members eligible for the death penalty if they kill someone to help their gang.

Read all about it:
ftp://12.43.67.2/Digest/92ndFi nalDigest.pdf
Medication control

Saint Petersburg, FL

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Since last month’s horrifying and heartbreaking school massacre in Newtown, Conn., politicians and the press have, as everyone knows, been totally obsessed with firearms.

Indeed, President Obama has vowed to impose strong new gun-control measures on the nation – very soon, with or without Congress.

from violent video games to the “failure of our mental-health system” to the unintended consequences of making schools “gun-free zones”– have taken a back seat to guns. Within hours of the gruesome mega-crime, the media had provided extensive, round-the-clock coverage of precisely which firearms, manufacturers and calibers the perpetrator had used, how he had obtained them from his mother, where they were originally purchased, and so on.

But where, I’d like to ask my colleagues in the media, is the reporting about the psychiatric medications the perpetrator – who had been under treatment for mental-health problems – may have been taking? After all, Mark and Louise Tambascio, family friends of the shooter and his mother, were interviewed on CBS’“60 Minutes,” during which Louise Tambascio told correspondent Scott Pelley:“I know he was on medication and everything, but she homeschooled him at home cause he couldn’t deal with the school classes sometimes, so she just homeschooled Adam at home. And that was her life.” And here, Tambascio tells ABC News,“I knew he was on medication, but that’s all I know.”

Read more at

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/the-giant-gaping-h...

Since: Nov 08

Corbin Ky.

#13 Jan 9, 2013
America’s Biggest Killers: The Chart Anti-Gunners Don’t Want You To See
http://www.infowars.com/americas-biggest-kill...

"Concealed carry laws have reduced murder and crime rates in the states that have enacted them. According to a comprehensive study which reviewed crime statistics in every county in the United States from 1977 to 1992, states which passed concealed carry laws reduced their rate of murder by 8.5%, rape by 5%, aggravated assault by 7% and robbery by 3%."

"Twice as many children are killed playing football in school than are murdered by guns. That’s right. Despite what media coverage might seem to indicate, there are more deaths related to high school football than guns. In a recent three year period, twice as many football players died from hits to the head, heat stroke, etc.(45), as compared with students who were murdered by firearms (22) during that same time period."

http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina 3 min goonsquad 614
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,234,173
News Streets calm after 71 arrested in Cleveland pro... 4 min goonsquad 27
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 5 min BoneYard 240
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min sassyjm 309,938
News Questions raised on military gear used by police 11 min Joe Balls 20
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Calvin_Coolish 182,765
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min replaytime 164,306
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 14 min Agents of Corruption 328,614
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min positronium 190,178
More from around the web