Obama visits Detroit-area engine plant as company announces $120M upgrade and 115 new jobs

Dec 10, 2012 Full story: www.washingtonpost.com

The Detroit Diesel Corp. used a visit from President Barack Obama to announce that it will add 115 jobs and invest millions at a huge factory near the city. The company, which makes heavy-duty diesel truck engines, said it will invest $120 million at the plant in Redford Township, Mich., to build a new transmission and turbocharger.

Full Story

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#1 Dec 10, 2012
i guess he didn't visit A123 Systems, which received $133 million in federal stimulus grants, then went belly up, and now the chinese have won the bid to buy the plant...
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#2 Dec 11, 2012
You fools who voted for Obama got him, lord knows what he is going to do this time around. Can you believe this s#hit.

Obama borrows money from China to pay for his $800 billion stimulus bill, and then gambled these funds away on now-bankrupt green energy ventures,

Now a Chinese company buys the company for pennies on the dollar leaving the US taxpayers to repay interest to China for a business that a Chinese company now owns.

But it gets better, when you look at the company that bought the Obama energy folly you learn that it is Wanxiang, China's largest auto parts supplier. So guess what is next, cars from china to compete with the union Obama rescued in Detroit using technology we paid for on the installment plan from China. But don't worry that is 5 to 10 years down the road and I am sure you believe Obama will solve the worlds problems by then.
Pooooooocy

Hanoi, Vietnam

#3 Dec 11, 2012
Dr. Bill_Phd! Destroit or D-troit!!!;-000h, it"s bob romney false!;)

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4 Dec 11, 2012
The stupid people's president!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min positronium 283,358
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Le Jimbo 163,133
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min TurkanaBoy 127,605
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TSM 1,143,735
Why Elizabeth Warren would be a very dangerous ... 3 min Le Duped 98
Obama backer faces sexual abuse charges 5 min Reverend Alan 109
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 6 min they breed like mice 2,818
Obama to award Presidential Medal of Freedom 32 min Le Duped 44
Obama heckled 33 min Eleanor 2
Republican Party shifts on immigration with hig... 39 min Le Duped 15
US judge strikes down Arkansas' gay marriage ba... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 1
Obama defends immigration amnesty 1 hr Cricket 23 5

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE