Dear White People, Stop Calling Michelle Obama a Monkey

Mar 8, 2010 Full story: www.womanist-musings.com 2,152

Even before Mrs. Obama became the FLOTUS race based attacks were aimed at her from White conservatives. Walt Baker, the prominent CEO of the powerful Tennessee Hospitality Association, called Michelle Obama Cheetah the monkey from Tarzan in a supposed joke e-mail last Thursday.

Only in a white supremacist world could comparing a Black woman to a monkey be considered political humour. I understand that such an attack was used against George Bush; however, White men do not have a history of being called animals to reduce their value and humanity. Racism is what differentiates George Bush being called a monkey and Michelle Obama being called a monkey.

Full Story
Cartersville Girl

Philadelphia, PA

#2370 Jul 1, 2011
To all you haters: you wish you could be in her shoes. Call her what you please, if that makes you fell superior. She is too smart and too educated to let any name calling belittle her. Continue to carry on generations of hatred towards others because if not Michelle, I can only assume your own mothers and fathers that have given you life and instilled the ugliness of mixed messages that you tend to believe. A monkey is hairy all over, loves the wilderness, enjoys peanut butter and banana sandwiches as well as rant and rave about nothing. The behavior of the monkey is the same as the white people calling the kettle black. Get a life. She's still more intelligent that most of you monkeys!
tony

Richmond, KY

#2371 Jul 1, 2011
That guy must have pissed her off saying he picked her up and got a free b.j. Hope he used protection ,I hear aids runs ramped through the black community. Who'd mess with a fat, big mouth, retarded, wanna be White,black thing like her anyway?????Her brother,father and her uncles and cousins.Believe it or not, my parents walked with M.L.K. A one in 14 million.
Bite Me

Rockford, IL

#2372 Jul 1, 2011
Ok i will agree it is wrong to call her that. only a pea brain from any side would call her names like this. And i dont like the woman

But the word puppet would fit better
LOL

Tampa, FL

#2373 Jul 1, 2011
Bite Me wrote:
Ok i will agree it is wrong to call her that. only a pea brain from any side would call her names like this. And i dont like the woman
But the word puppet would fit better
Nope...

gorilla is really the best name for michelle.....

monkey is better for the lil obama pick-a-ninnies...

and lazy azzed lying puppet for barry....
LOVELY FULANI

Chesapeake, VA

#2377 Jul 4, 2011
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> There are a percentage of people on the right side trying to do something. And many were destroyed from the beginning by the progressives and the old repub power base. The progressive dems have done nothing to stop this or people on the left rising up to at least try. And on the federal level there are still to many old style Repubs in power.
That's why I have loyalty to myself because I have seen how society has progressed & regressed. I've seen segregation & so called integration. I have been studying American, World, African & African American history all of my life. One day people in American will become weary of being slaves of the Industrial Complex machinery. Until then, unfortunately, the same will continue. But, we must not give up, our work toward not being a part of the goal will happen one day.
Blessings
LOVELY FULANI

Chesapeake, VA

#2378 Jul 4, 2011
LOVELY FULANI wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow how arrogant you to assume that I don't know where I'm from or who my family is??? I know where I come from, I AM 100% A FULANI FROM GUINEA BISSAU & NIGERIA. I, also, am related to all Fulani in Mali, Guinea, Cameroon, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Chad, and Niger. I know everything about my family in so called America & Africa my whole lineage & family history. As well as, of the slaveholders & their origins in Scotland & Ireland. I know what plantation my people were on its exact location? I have oral, historical and personal family authentic antique heirloom documents which gives me the authority to claim such to where my family is.
I also know about a plantation in Jamaica. One shouldn't be so facetious.
I also know about the Native Indians of that area, & what their experience is & was.
My Elders (AS)had a old family African proverb: If one does not want people to know how stupid & foolish you are do not assume ANYTHING! Why? Because, it will make an ASS out of you.
Now run & tell that. I have only given you a synopsis because there are too much details which can be expounded upon. Let this be a lesson to you....Don't make assume ANYTHING .... its not a good look.:}
I grew up with 3 Great Grandparents and most of their siblings (AS). Their Parents & Grand Parents were enslaved, so, I have a plethora of resources available to me.

“Attention InterestDesireAc tion”

Since: Dec 07

Chicago,Il. USA

#2380 Aug 12, 2011
Everyone has the right to their own opinion. For some, they lack the ability to show their mastery of the English language.

So these individuals, retreat to vulgar words and insults phrases.

I must agree that 'Our First Lady', is a exceptional woman of looks, when she is smiling.

But,when the camera catches her off guard, she does look a lot les appealing !

So, why dont we all take a picture, one minute after waking up in the morning...

Your butt will look more like an ape than a human...

“Attention InterestDesireAc tion”

Since: Dec 07

Chicago,Il. USA

#2381 Aug 12, 2011
Everyone has the right to their own opinion.

For some, they lack the ability to show their complete mastery of the English language.

So these individuals, retreat to vulgar words and insulting phrases, when trying to share their thoughts to others !

However,I must agree that 'Our First Lady', is an exceptional woman of looks, but only when she is smiling.

Yet, when the camera catches her off guard, she does look a lot less appealing !

So, why don't we all take a picture, one minute after waking up in the morning...

Your butt will look more like an ape than a human being... Peace !

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2382 Aug 12, 2011
We don't "all take a picture, one minute after waking up in the morning" because we're not all the First Lady.

Her position affords her the scrutiny, good or bad.

I seriously doubt she cares how America sees her. After all, she's just recently proud of us.

ISA

Since: May 07

New York - born and raised

#2385 Aug 18, 2011
KEN wrote:
When all is spinning into complete failure that good ole Race card gets pulled out. I guess we can just all forget about what her guaranteed one term empty suit of a Husband is doing to royally Phck up this Country and not concentrate on a race attack. Are we supposed to feel sorry now ???
Start packing Michele, 2012 comes fast
and she sure has a lot of designer clothes to pack, nor only for herself but her moms and her kids.

In this economy FRUGAL she is NOT.

ISA

#2386 Aug 18, 2011
LOVELY FULANI wrote:
Fine Americans, I can call anyone whatever I want to. Anyway calling someone racist is a subjective opinion. I'm subjective and I'm calling a the cards as I see them. Why don't you call yourself those name because it does bounce back to you because you have no facts to discredit what I have stated and I mean scholarly & scientific proof that discredits my statements. If you got it come on with it, I'm ready for it. Let's do this.
I find from the above that you are ready to fight with someone...why?
Everyone is entitled, as you say, to their own opinion....and this is considered to be a privilege given to Americans by the way of the first amendment....

I for one am not looking for a fight with you, cause you are entitled to say what you wish but don't get upset when others express their opinion...that is the AMERICAN WAY.

I certainly don't care about the obamas, but not because their black but because they are incompetent commies and are destroying my country where I was born and raised.....I am a Republican and I like many of the GOP candidates for President for 2012...M. Bachman, Chris Perry, Herman Cain....and others but I have not yet decided whom to vote for...but it won't be obama.

ISA

#2387 Aug 18, 2011
Alabama wrote:
I love the fact that Mrs. Obama has all this power to make stupid people act the way they do towards her. The power of this black women is priceless
What power does she have...she was NOT elected into any official post.

ISA

#2388 Aug 18, 2011
liz wrote:
Well, listen to you saying such nice things about
our first lady....Glad to hear it!!
What amazes me is you are the same people who peeled the skin off Mrs Bush with every post YOU
Posted.
If anything was fair about anything you say, it
would be a different story....So when we read
your acciamations and your trash and lie on
others depending on their political standings,
its very hard if not impossible to have to belive
what you say and do. So you want "it" stopped
when its Mrs Obama, you will just have to eat it,
'cause its your turn to pay what you have said and
done...Sorry, either change and bring fairness into
you posting, be responsible and grow up..
Whats the likelyhood of that???None!!!
Same thing goes for Obama, tell us what a great
President he is.....You have a problem, you won't
listen or see what he doing, your still in love
whith his smile?????????? Better get you
sh1! together and grow up.
Never happen, you are bred from a generation that
enjoyes ruining reputations with lies and evil
put downs....Where or are you one of those bullies
who terrorized your class mates? Its true about
the old saying, "you get what you deserve"!
I have no respect for those kind of people or
would I ever believe what you say....
He is up there with Jimmy Carter.. incompetent...
Zoo Keeper

Phoenix, AZ

#2389 Aug 18, 2011
obama A monkey wrote:
Obama is a monkey so learn grammer read dictionary
and obama ia a ape puppet
A female ape has escaped from the DC zoo. She answers to the name "michelle" and she wears a dress.

If you see her, do NOT approach her or feed her. She will bite you. Instead, call the zoo or Obuma, her husband, who is touring the nation in a foreign made bus.

Thank you.

ISA

#2390 Aug 18, 2011
DARK N LOVELY says wrote:
<quoted text> stop being stupid my great great grandmother was born 1857 her parents where slaves so I am the inheritor of what they experienced here DURING SLAVERY. You white people are jealous it is obvious you are because you all know it is going to be in the zillions of dollars to settle this debt; also you are not paying us shit it is the US GOVERNMENT not you so again shut your mouth it is irrelevant what you are saying.
Please read up on indentured slave.....This were WHITE people....a little history for you.
Katrina

Houston, TX

#2391 Aug 24, 2011
Y'all need to quit callin her that!!! So wat if she black??? Okay some black ppl look like monkeys?? And for y'all who's talkin shitttt she tryin her best to be a first lady!! Okay yall might not see that becuZ ur just agreeing on wat ur parents say (yea been ther done that) and it makes no sence. I luv mrs obama she encorages tha children every were to stay fit and active but y'all dnt care y'all just hear and agree it and y'all dnt no her I'm sure y'all just look at her as bein BLACK!!!! Smh grow up some times America!!!!
Viking

Johannesburg, South Africa

#2392 Aug 30, 2011
ascendo tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
And what, pray tell, did you call Barbara Bush???
We called her "Mrs Bush , First Lady".

“Rumoured asylum escapee”

Since: Jan 10

Queensland, Australia

#2393 Aug 30, 2011
They had be to the last line.

So it's ok to call a white man a monkey, but not a black woman ... Hmmm, I think there's something wrong there.
First Lady

Huntington Beach, CA

#2394 Aug 30, 2011
I funna be dun gotsun me a dollah!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#2395 Sep 1, 2011
obama A monkey wrote:
Obama is a monkey so learn grammer read dictionary
and obama ia a ape puppet
Spoken like a true ignorant azz white jack azz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min DanFromSmithville 142,227
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Hobgoblin 1,173,329
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Calvin_Coolish 168,304
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques Ottawa 183,844
Former Mexico Prez: Illegal Immigrants Stay in ... 5 min Memo From Turner 28
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 5 min Le Jimbo 1,848
House Democrats Brace for Potentially Tense Ret... 6 min serfs up 8
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min woodtick57 304,867
McCain gives thumbs up to 'American Sniper' movie 22 min woodtick57 93
More from around the web