MF Global Trustee: Shortfall Could Exceed $1.2 Billion

Full story: New Media Journal

The amount of customer money missing from the collapsed trading firm MF Global may be more than $1.2 billion - double previous estimates - the trustee dismantling the firm's brokerage unit said on Monday.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2011

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

for openers 600 million of the 1.2 questionable funds was reported as stolen from the treasury!! then a report that 600 million was found!! so we have real money and we have play money here in the same amount!! the 600 million recovered however is frozen and quite possibly can never be recovered as it is comprized of "slush funds" (which i find - are quite illegal)!! owners of these funds are from the top echelon - but in the current state of this country and the world it is expected tha these particular types of felons are only too happy to push the envelope and because of their status in the political world as they consider themselves above the law and have so far proven themselves to be so in my opinion!! my belief is that the recovered 600 million (that will never be released from its crypt) and the 1.2 million is no more than musical chairs worked at its best!!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

typo - correction to above post - 1.2 billion not million!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••