Democrats find living on minimum wage...

Democrats find living on minimum wage is tough

There are 493 comments on the USA Today story from Jul 28, 2014, titled Democrats find living on minimum wage is tough. In it, USA Today reports that:

Former Ohio governor Ted Strickland ran out of money and walked instead of taking taxis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

foster

Ashburn, VA

#87 Jul 30, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush should be put to death for sedition by the Posse Comituat.
Bush failure isnt Posse Comitatus of 1878, but he has credits for collapsing our financial system
Yep2

Roy, WA

#88 Jul 30, 2014
I never put starch in my rebuttles - makes them burn in the pan.

You're just trying to get me to do sedition so you can have me put to death like the Constitution told you.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#89 Jul 30, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
How much are you receiving on bank loans, when they are using your deposit stooge? But you dont have working capital, right? Banks havent paid a nickle in interest in 7 years, but are expericing record profits.
Udamrite

I got out of cash as soon as Obama and his Idiot Gang came along.

Besides banks expericing record profits makes them as bad as that illeterate Jim Crow.

Anyone who experices should be put to death for sedition.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#90 Jul 30, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I was referring to the Posse Comituat - you'll have to ask foster what that is.
I have no idea what a Posse Comituat is - might be a commie posse with qumquats or something.
Odd, just the other day you posted That Perry could supercede Posse Comituta with his activation of the Guard to the border. You wanted the Guard to fire in women and kids.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#91 Jul 30, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Udamrite
I got out of cash as soon as Obama and his Idiot Gang came along.
Besides banks expericing record profits makes them as bad as that illeterate Jim Crow.
Anyone who experices should be put to death for sedition.
Your arguments make it obvious youre not awash with cash.

Idiots depend on bamks and abandoned market accounts after Bush nationalized Bamks. Hows that working for you?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#92 Jul 30, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom made one helluva joke.
She must have been a fan of Fine, Howard and Fine.
Actually it was the Ritz Brothers.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#93 Jul 30, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd, just the other day you posted That Perry could supercede Posse Comituta with his activation of the Guard to the border. You wanted the Guard to fire in women and kids.
I did?

No doubt you can copy and paste where I posted that.

I have no idea what a Posse Comituta is either - is it like a Posse Comituat?

I bet there are lots of women who would love to have a Guard fire in them.

Personally I love to fire in women (they love it too - strictly consentual mind you)- but NEVER in kids.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#94 Jul 30, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arguments make it obvious youre not awash with cash.
Idiots depend on bamks and abandoned market accounts after Bush nationalized Bamks. Hows that working for you?
Udamrite

Only idiots stay in cash when inflation is looming on the horizon.

I never depend on bamks - they pee on the bed - and nationalized bamks are even worse than Jim Crow.

Dang bamks.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#95 Jul 30, 2014
If we look back on history we would find that people working in politics also had a full time job. They would only travel to Washington when there was a meeting. Now they have at least two homes. One in the state that they represent and one in DC. Plus they have or get better Insurance packages, retirement packages for only doing a four year term in office.

I think that is what needs to happen is that they have to go back to the way it was when the goverment was formed. If they have to spend most of their time in DC then build them barecks to live in just like the Military has to live in. They get the same insurance and other bennifits that the military get.

We need to remember that they are there for the people. But it would seem that it has become a job to better ones self in every way and in some repects make it were they are above everyone. I think that if they want to fly to some place then they should fly couch just like the rest of us. If they want to fly first class then they have to pay for that out of their own pocket.

This is just my thoughts on it as a hole.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#96 Jul 30, 2014
foster must be having difficulty with his copy and paste.

Maybe Jim Crow put him to death for sedition.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#97 Jul 30, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, do the math, it comes out trickle up poverty.
Yep.

The more money people make, the more they spend. The more they spend, the WEALTHIER the business corporations become.

So the rich get richer and some of the poor become a little less poor for a short while and the rest of the poor become even poorer and even LESS LIKELY to get out of poverty.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#98 Jul 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Teaparty GOP loses in the end....as the State's raise the minimum wage, on their own....and even higher, than originally could have been done....Stupid House republicans......
Really what liberal state was that..........Vermont and it's twelve people.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#99 Jul 30, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush failure isnt Posse Comitatus of 1878, but he has credits for collapsing our financial system
Still beating the dead horse I see..........damn pookie, it's almost flat.
Justin

United States

#101 Jul 30, 2014
Living on minimum wage is tough, which is why most Mexican immigrants don't earn minimum wage... they earn more.

I pay a guy $45 to mow my lawn, and he usually finishes in less than an hour. He then goes on to mow about three other yards in my neighborhood on the same day, and I know he does this all over town at least five days a week. This guy earns 4 or 5 times minimum wage, and he barely speaks english.

Those day laborers you see standing by the gas station at sunrise (the ones you sneer at while you're driving to your dinky little McDonalds gig), they all earn at least $15 an hour and probably more if they're working home construction jobs.

If you're a white American male, and you're trying to support your family on minimum wage, then you are a dummy. You don't know sh!t.
Justin

United States

#102 Jul 30, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Freddie May and Fannie Mac "collapsed" our financial system. Federally insured mortgages with mandated sub-prime lending quotas was a bad idea that originated back in the 1990s, before Bush.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#103 Jul 30, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant believe it,That takes the starch out of your rebuttles. The poverty line used to be $12,000 a year, now the poverty line is any wage below Virginia. 1/3 of the nation exist in poverty, dominated by Southern and Mid Weatern States.
WTF are you getting your numbers at?

Highlights

The data presented here are from the Current Population Survey (CPS), 2013 Annual Social and Economic Supplement (ASEC), the source of official poverty estimates. The CPS ASEC is a sample survey of approximately 100,000 household nationwide. These data reflect conditions in calendar year 2012.

In 2012, the official poverty rate was 15.0 percent. There were 46.5 million people in poverty.

https://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/about...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#104 Jul 30, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn good observation. Minimum wage is a personal issue with GOP supporters because many of them earn minimum wage or near. Review the median wage in red states and the rate od depending on federal wage subsidies.
States don't earn minimum wage, people earn minimum wage.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#105 Jul 30, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Bush that exploded a producing economy and implemented a nationalized financial and automobile industry once his policies collapsed capitalism and our free market system. How long did it take Rome to recover after its collapse ?
Bush did that?

Boy, it's a good thing DumBama never gave our tax money to banks or automobile industry giants.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#106 Jul 30, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
All higher wages will do is fuel inflation - which will destroy savings - which will harm the banks.
Leftists and their brilliant ideas for ruining an economy.
What minimum wage does is increase the cost of our goods and services. Then when those workers with the new minimum wage increase go to purchase items at stores, they are higher and find themselves in the exact same position they are in now.

This is how Democrats solve problems.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#107 Jul 30, 2014
Barack Obama is the worst disaster in American history.

It will be a miracle if this country survives two more years of the horrible idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton To Speak At East LA College, Ho... 1 min CreepyCrookedHillary 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nos TROLL is Waxman 1,375,480
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 4 min George 5,794
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 4 min Time again 2,876
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Denny CranesPlace 223,060
News As Trump wins, Clinton exploring how to win Rep... 5 min Cat74 32
News Kerry at G7: No apology for Hiroshima 6 min George 32
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Denny CranesPlace 381,701
News Donald Trump, pictured, was labelled 'divisive,... 12 min Shinichiro Takizawa 65
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 15 min Joe Fortuna 548
More from around the web