Democrats find living on minimum wage...

Democrats find living on minimum wage is tough

There are 493 comments on the USA Today story from Jul 28, 2014, titled Democrats find living on minimum wage is tough. In it, USA Today reports that:

Former Ohio governor Ted Strickland ran out of money and walked instead of taking taxis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Stone Mountain, GA

#1 Jul 28, 2014
big deal, living without an EBT card is hard too.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#2 Jul 28, 2014
Raise the minimum wage and prices will rise to cancel out the wage increase.

Don't waste your time trying to explain that to dummies.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Jul 28, 2014
Every thing went up anyway. Have you not noticed? Granny's Prescriptions have doubled in price. My utilities are half again as much as they were last year, and the dollar is pretty much worthless. If I thought they would shut up at $13. and hour I would say fine, but as soon as they get that they will want $15.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 28, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
There have been such dire predictions about past minimum wage increases. We managed. I willingly take the time to explain that to dummies. I hope you understand.

Location hidden

#5 Jul 28, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Every thing went up anyway. Have you not noticed? Granny's Prescriptions have doubled in price. My utilities are half again as much as they were last year, and the dollar is pretty much worthless. If I thought they would shut up at $13. and hour I would say fine, but as soon as they get that they will want $15.
I would normally say something about your ignorance and lack of conscience. But I realize you have to be with yourself 24 hours a day. That is punishment enough.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#6 Jul 28, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There have been such dire predictions about past minimum wage increases. We managed. I willingly take the time to explain that to dummies. I hope you understand.
Considering you get your facts from Jeb Magruder and Liz Warren I'm not surprised you're an idiot - I understand perfectly.

It goes like this:

The employer's wage costs go up.

The employer increases the price of the goods or services to pay the increased wage cost.

I know it sounds complicated.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 28, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering you get your facts from Jeb Magruder and Liz Warren I'm not surprised you're an idiot - I understand perfectly.
It goes like this:
The employer's wage costs go up.
The employer increases the price of the goods or services to pay the increased wage cost.
I know it sounds complicated.
You made it all quite simpleminded, as only you could.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#8 Jul 28, 2014
I figured the simplemnded version would fix you up.

I enjoy punking you.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 28, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
I figured the simplemnded version would fix you up.
I enjoy punking you.
Get something into what passes for your head. You couldn't lay a glove on me.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#10 Jul 28, 2014
Sure - Elizabeth Warren never claimed to be native american and Jeb Magruder said Nixon ordered the Watergate break-in.

Only punked you twice - you're just an average dummy.

“America Elects Trump”

Since: Oct 10

Heath, OH

#11 Jul 28, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
big deal, living without an EBT card is hard too.
Your prove that posting without a clue is even harder.

“America Elects Trump”

Heath, OH

#12 Jul 28, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
At least you admit that corporate greed is a big part of the problem.

“America Elects Trump”

Heath, OH

#13 Jul 28, 2014
The real problem is the transfer of wealth from the lower to the higher end of the economy. Decades of tax cuts for the wealthy and tax laws written to benefit them and their corporate masters, in addition to other factors (union busting, for example), have made the gap between rich and poor wider and wider - to the point where it's hard for the poor to ever rise above their poverty.

Which is how the rich want it, of course.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#14 Jul 28, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
All I admit is what a pleasure it is punking dummies like you Capt. Benghazi.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#15 Jul 28, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There have been such dire predictions about past minimum wage increases. We managed. I willingly take the time to explain that to dummies. I hope you understand.
With millions out of work, the economy's GDP at zero, you want to increase unemployment and worsen the cash flow of many businesses that are just getting by. Clear you and most liberals like Obama haven't the knowledge to run a kool aid stand.

Paris

#16 Jul 28, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prove that posting without a clue is even harder.
When are you going to supply a clue to who would think a moron like you should even be looked at.

Paris

#17 Jul 28, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
The real problem is the transfer of wealth from the lower to the higher end of the economy. Decades of tax cuts for the wealthy and tax laws written to benefit them and their corporate masters, in addition to other factors (union busting, for example), have made the gap between rich and poor wider and wider - to the point where it's hard for the poor to ever rise above their poverty.
Spin, Spun, Spam.........you got the trifecta.

Since: Oct 08

Stone Mountain, GA

#18 Jul 28, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
we got enough poor people, we need more rich people...poor contribute nothing, only consuming resources paid by the taxes that taxpayers pay. I saw, fcck the poor.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 28, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>With millions out of work, the economy's GDP at zero, you want to increase unemployment and worsen the cash flow of many businesses that are just getting by. Clear you and most liberals like Obama haven't the knowledge to run a kool aid stand.
You do.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20 Jul 28, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
The real problem is Liberal Democrats and they proved that with Obamacare too.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Liberals pro big business? The facts say it is so

Many liberals (aka progressives) like to say that the democratic party is the party of the people, and the republicans are the party of big corporations. This is what they want people to think, yet the opposite is true.

In fact, liberals are pro big business. They want fewer private businesses, because with few large corporations it's easier for liberals to tell these business owners what they want to hear, and then make laws that favor them, so that these progressives can slowly move forward their progressive agenda.

Of course we know that the progressive agenda is to create "social reform" by creating more state control and regulations. Thus, by the democrats creating more regulations, they are in turn driving out small businesses who cannot afford to pay the overhead. Big businesses, however the corporate bosses like to complain, can afford the new overhead, and are more likely to stay in business and live on.

The first perfect example I can think of is one of the first progressive actions way back in 1906 when Upton Sinclair wrote his book about the poor cases in the meat packing industry. He painted such a bad picture that President Theodor Roosevelt moved to pass regulations that would benefit the people, and force corporations to produce cleaner, healthier foods.

The problem with this picture is that not all meat packers were corrupt this way. In fact, a majority were small businesses that were honest with their work, and sold a healthy product. Yet the few bad big businesses that were out to make money at the expense of a good product were the few rotten apples that spoiled the batch.

So, in the end, most of the the small and (mostly) honest businesses were driven out of business because they couldn't afford to pay the new regulations, and pay to purchase all the new technology to make the product the way the "state" now regulated. So, in the end, the same big businesses that were "corrupt" were the same businesses that stayed in businesses.

Over the years I can think of many examples. The Federal government has created an environment, via high corporate taxes and high cost of regulations, where nearly all small businesses are gone.

As one example, during the hey day of the movie industry, 13,571 of the 18,321 movie theaters were independently owned. Due to regulations, and codes, and taxes, all in the name of making a better product for the consumer, has driven out most of the independent owners. I can drive down downtown Manistee, Michigan and see five buildings that used to house independently owned movie theaters., and down Ludington avenue and see the same, and Shoreline and see the same, and Grand Rapids, and Detroit.

Click Link below to read the rest of the article

http://freadomnation.blogspot.com/2010/06/lib...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 2 min President Donald ... 14,926
News Cooper names NC governor transition team Read S... 2 min Retired SOF 17
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Dogen 217,099
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 4 min Denny CranesPlace 2,185
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,460,388
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 231,226
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 7 min berklee 3,204
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 21 min positronium 404,315
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 25 min Faith Michigan 686
More from around the web