Why is Congress so afraid of gun co...

Why is Congress so afraid of gun control?

There are 33 comments on the www.newyorker.com story from Apr 10, 2013, titled Why is Congress so afraid of gun control?. In it, www.newyorker.com reports that:

What's the worst that could happen? That's what people sometimes ask friends who are considering taking a step that carries a risk but also stands to change their lives for the better.

It’s what people ought to be asking Congress, in particular those senators—Republicans and a few Democrats—who are holding up federal action on gun safety. Last week, it became apparent that the gun-control measures that President Obama and many others have championed since the killings in Newtown, Connecticut, were losing support in Congress. The Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, had already acknowledged that a renewal of the assault-weapons ban was a no-go.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newyorker.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#23 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
With a dad like Rick Warren, the kid is better off dead.
Classy

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#24 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is forced to join a union either; it's your choice to work there or not.
Btw, I was an NRA member back when they were actually a pro-American organization. Now they're just another criminal organization which supports killers of children.
Interesting. So you haven't always been a bitter delusional woman. I’m guessing your husband drinks occasionally, you know the song, 1 or 2 - 3 or 4 times a day. But seriously, you are almost as much fun as Marine Corp Patty except you have the perfect name. Hail Joe Biden.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#25 Apr 11, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Classy
Ditto for all Rick Warrens comments about gays & lesbians.

I take joy knowing he thinks his kid will burn in hell for all eternity.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#26 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto for all Rick Warrens comments about gays & lesbians.
I take joy knowing he thinks his kid will burn in hell for all eternity.
Hopefully your family suffers the Same fate.

Karma is gonna get you.

Tawas City, Michigan

#27 Apr 11, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully your family suffers the Same fate.
Karma is gonna get you.
Doubtful, since my family isn't a bunch of religious freaks.

He got what he deserved.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#28 Apr 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful, since my family isn't a bunch of religious freaks.
He got what he deserved.
Religión has nothing to do with this tragedy.

You're a bad person.

Tawas City, Michigan

#30 Apr 11, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Religión has nothing to do with this tragedy.
You're a bad person.
Right, and drug use had nothing to do with Whitney Houston's death....

You reap what you sow.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#32 Apr 12, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You reap what you sow.
That's right, and you will.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#33 Apr 12, 2013
because they're afraid history will repeat itself like the last weapons ban when the dems lost hoth house and senate in the midterms.
SlipperySlope

Pottstown, PA

#34 Apr 12, 2013
lolol wrote:
because they're afraid history will repeat itself like the last weapons ban when the dems lost hoth house and senate in the midterms.
The wibbly wobbly RepublicANTS are the real danger here. They are playing the role of a "PROfessional" politician acting out the desire for votes and public approval to feed their self esteem issues. They want to be loved short term. The consequences or ramifications of their actions be darned.

They are paid to make decisions based on the constitution and not the whims of professional victims acting as or being used as a tin cup.

National Whistleblower

“GOVERNMENT OF DECEIVERS (GOD)”

Since: Sep 10

NEWARK, NEW JERSEY

#35 May 2, 2013
Chris Kyle American Sniper vs. John Allen Muhammad DC Sniper.

American Holocaust (population control - Murderbyproxy - Death fix it / deficit)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19435907/National-S ...

http://postalemployeenetwork.com/news/2013/03 ...

http://blog.uspsoig.gov/index.php/2013/fuel-f ...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/59383868/Postal-Hol ...

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewArticle.a ...

YHVH solution for American Holocaust Perpetraitors is Mongoose Protocol

I AM YHVH DEITY THE FARTHER CIPHER 888

YHVH suspends mercy in response to god (government of deceivers) suspension of inalienable rights ( life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness) in the American Holocaust (Moral corruption, suspension of Habeas Corpus to avoid liabilities - Fraud - Terminal Injustice - Economic oppression - Murderbyproxy - Population Control - death fix it>deficit<). Those entrusted with protecting American Citizens by enforcing the laws of the United States Constitution and refusing to do so for personal gain is Treason / Terrorism. Terrorism begets terrorism. Government Officials achieving the National goal set in Executive Order 12871 reducing government (we the people) reducing government spending (no due process, no justice, no liabilities, just murder and mayhem through lie, delay and deny til you die tactics).

Thank YHVH, YHVH welcome, YHVH bless, YHVH way

You
Have
Victory
Halleluejah!
News Skeptic

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 May 5, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing wrong with you hunting with your gun. We need more responsible gun owners like you. Not the problem.
Yes, the gun owning parents are GUITY, and should do hard time, and be sued in civil court.
But that won't bring these children back.
The gun is the open barn door. You and the NRA want more open barn doors, and the want to blame the cows for wandering. And just shrug your shoulders when the wolf takes a calf
And we need to try in court every person who trasmits a gun to a child, or crazy or criminal, or wife abuser.
And those who deal in death by buying up guns and selling them to kids and thugs and crazies in places like the south of Chicago should do long, hard labor in prison. No chance of parole.
Not your fult, but surely, some irresponsible gun owner's fault. Every time. Think on it.
What are your thoughts on " Fast and Furious " ?

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#37 May 6, 2013
News Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your thoughts on " Fast and Furious " ?
An idiotic idea, inhereted from teh Bush administration, and expanded, rather than killed by President Obama. I know that follow the good is an old law enforcement technique, but I fear its value is overshadowed by the risks with both guns and drugs.

In other words, a great mistake, by the Obama appointees; but not a dealbreaker. It is much conflated by the FOXLIES press.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 28 min ROG 84,648
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min Realtime 1,534,364
News Biden: It's time for America to regain unity an... 38 min RustyS 24
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 39 min Drumpf Disaster 225
News White House rebuts Washington Post report of Tr... 42 min spud 641
News James Comey fired as FBI director 51 min huntcoyotes 2,342
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr huntcoyotes 269,723
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LOL 240,798
More from around the web