In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 50952 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#48114 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
My prediction is that you will not bother because you either have no idea what strawmen are
Let's all watch how SuperFAG flips and flops:

SuperFAG writes: "Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy"

Poor SuperFAG. He forgot he already denied Britian had a monarchy.

Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
"If Britain is a monarchy then the Queen should have legislative powers.
She does not.
Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy. "

+++

Now let's all watch as SuperFAG flips and flops and tries to say what he said exactly doesn't mean exactly what he said...

Popcorn, anyone?

Location hidden

#48115 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Like fundamentalists you seem to have a big problem understanding analogies.

SuperFAG writes: "Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy"

Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
She does not.

+++

Now let's all watch as SuperFAG flips and flops and tries to say what he said exactly doesn't mean exactly what he said...

Popcorn, anyone?

Location hidden

#48116 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
My prediction is that you will not bother because
Because as I have told you the last fifty times you made the same "prediction", I don't have to prove something to you when you make the assertion.

What I get to do is quote EXACTLY what you say, and show EVERYONE where you said precisely the opposite, and then watch you flounder and flop and make up nonsense and exclaim that it depends what the definition of "is is".

HAHAHAAHAHAH!

Like when I quote you when you say 'unanimous' and then when I pull down your panties and prove you wrong you try to pretend you said "popular" or "almost everyone".

HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Now, I catch you yet again.

Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
She does not.

+++

Popcorn, anyone?

Location hidden

#48117 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
The point, manchild, is that rather than try to actually win the match via checkmate - ie, try to refute my arguments - you place your entire focus away from the King
You don't play chess, SuperFAG.

As anyone who gets past the three move checkmate will tell you, pawns are the most critical piece in setting up a good defense.

And you are on the other side of the board trying to figure out how to castle to the queen side.

PS:

Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
She does not.

+++

Popcorn, anyone?

Location hidden

#48118 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Why should a poster who was born, raised and remains in Scotland care about English religious practices?
Scotland is still part of the UK.

I think that if anyone has small grapes than a Brit, it would be a Scot who has put up with having a Brit boss him around for three hundred years.

Location hidden

#48119 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Are you going to keep pretending that "system of government" is absent from the quote?
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

SYSTEM of government....

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

That is so much different thant....government.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

""It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement..."

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#48120 Apr 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchy definition, a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch.
English.
F A C T

All POWER proceeds from the PEOPLE. This is the foundation of parliamentary DEMOCRACY in Sweden
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48121 Apr 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchy definition, a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch.
English.
And the definition for democracy is?...

I asked Barefoot to define strawman and demonstrate how the list of arguments and points he cannot refute are strawmen.

His response:
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Aunt Sally? Is that you?
He could not even provide a definition for strawman. Another non-answer.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's all watch how SuperFAG flips and flops:
You mean, let's all watch how Barefoot sets up a strawman with a statement I specifically wrote to prevent him from doing so.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>SuperFAG writes: "Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy"
Let's zoom in:

"... has a monarchy".

Closer:

"HAS"

Let's continue.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And thus the strawman has been committed. I shall stick a pin here.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
She does not.

+++
Once again, let's zoom in:

"If Britain is a monarchy..."

Closer:

"is a monarchy..."

Ever closer:

"IS"

Is, has. Two completely different claims. Nobody, not even I myself in the quote-mine, is denying that we -have- a monarchy; the point of contention is that we -are- a monarchy, ie, our system of government.

Our system of government is a Parliamentary democracy.

I even spelled it out for you by including "system of government".

That you are once again trying to quote-mine me is sad, but not at all surprising.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Soundly refuted. You are deliberately trying to twist "has" into "is" to create an entirely different statement - and you most likely know this.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because as I have told you the last fifty times you made the same "prediction", I don't have to prove something to you when you make the assertion.
You made the assertion that my list of points and arguments are strawmen. Are you denying this?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I get to do is quote EXACTLY what you say, and show EVERYONE where you said precisely the opposite, and then watch you flounder and flop and make up nonsense and exclaim that it depends what the definition of "is is".
Has and is are entirely different contexts. That you are genuinely trying to run with this is another sign of desperation on your part.

Location hidden

#48122 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
ie, try to refute my arguments - you place your entire focus away from the King and on a couple of pawns; words I have used, phrases, spelling, and so on.
Yes, I keep taking exactly what you said and prove you wrong, at which point you change what you said and deny what you said the day previous. And then I show you the exact quote and how you changed exactly what you said, and you cry I am taking what you say literately and that I am only technically correct, and then you post yet another straw man.

Now you try to pretend "system of government" means... something other than "goverment".

HAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48123 Apr 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't play chess, SuperFAG.
You clearly do not understand analogies.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As anyone who gets past the three move checkmate will tell you, pawns are the most critical piece in setting up a good defense.
And you are on the other side of the board trying to figure out how to castle to the queen side.
The strategical role of pawns has never been the point.

The point, manchild, is that your debating style is akin to a chess player whose strategy is simply to take a pawn or two, then - with absolutely no intention to checkmate the King - declare victory on those and those alone.

Instead of actually attacking your opponent's argument, you play obtuse and deliberately look for scraps that you can latch on be it grammar, spelling, red herrings, and so on.

You take a pawn, you claim victory.

You jump on a triviality, you claim victory.

You never go for the King.

You never go for the argument.

That is the analogy. Do I need to dumb this down some more, manchild?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Scotland is still part of the UK.
I think that if anyone has small grapes than a Brit, it would be a Scot who has put up with having a Brit boss him around for three hundred years.
You did not say "the UK"; you specifically said "England".

Is Scotland part of England? Yes or no?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
SYSTEM of government....
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
That is so much different thant....government.....
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
""It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement..."
Barefoot cannot accept that his quote-mine does not show me denying that Britain has a monarchy but rather simply states that Britain's system of government is a Parliamentary democracy. Thus, meltdown.
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48124 Apr 8, 2013
Edit: strategic^
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48125 Apr 8, 2013
Attempt #3 to get Barefoot to address this:

"I didn't pick the name, Meatball"

"Now tell us the official name of Sweden"

You then claimed:

"PS: If you follow the thread, you will find I define Sweden because it is a monarchy, not because their official name is the KING_dom of Sweden."

So, Barefoot: if you do not define Sweden as a monarchy based on its name, then why did you go at pains to stress it's name within the same page of the thread?

Location hidden

#48126 Apr 8, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
F A C T
FACT: Monarchy definition, a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch.

Point to the part that is wrong, meatball.
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#48127 Apr 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I keep taking exactly what you said and prove you wrong, at which point you change what you said and deny what you said the day previous. And then I show you the exact quote and how you changed exactly what you said, and you cry I am taking what you say literately and that I am only technically correct, and then you post yet another straw man.
Now you try to pretend "system of government" means... something other than "goverment".
HAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
Your quote-mine is of me denying that our system of government is a monarchy.

We have a physical monarchy. That is well known. What we do not have is a monarchy as a government. That is where our Parliament - with democratically elected lawmakers - come in.

Are you seriously trying to portray me as saying that our Queen does not exist?

Location hidden

#48128 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly do not understand analogies.
Clearly you don't play chess any better than you do play the forum.

Happy to prove you have a false analogy, you can keep it in your closet full of straw mans.

Location hidden

#48129 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
And the definition for democracy is?..
Exact quote:
SupaAFC wrote:
"Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy. "

Location hidden

#48130 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Are you seriously trying to portray me as saying that our Queen does not exist?
As predicted, when SuperFAG is nailed, he flippity flops.

Exact quote:

SupaAFC wrote:
"Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy. "

I don't have to portray something you said, Aunt Sally.

I quote you EXACTLY.

Location hidden

#48131 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
You did not say "the UK"; you specifically said "England".
Aunt Sally does her little dance for Barefoot2626.

Location hidden

#48132 Apr 8, 2013
[QUOTE who="SupaAFC"
We have a physical monarchy.[/QUOTE]

Poor Aunt Sally: stuck inventing new English.

Is-is, dance, Aunt Sally, dance for the puppet master.

Location hidden

#48133 Apr 8, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quote-mine
I've quoted not only EXACTLY what you said MANY times, I quoted the ENTIRE COMMENT in its entirety.

Dance, Aunt Sally, dance for the puppetmaster!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Wipe your chin, you miserably lying britisher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "I have never seen negatives that high," says a... 1 min davy 85
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 min NotSoDivineMsM 2,266
News In climate denial, again (Oct '10) 1 min Earthling-1 92
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Right Wing 1,374,786
News Ted Cruz names Carly Fiorina as vice president ... 4 min Lawrence Wolf 150
News London Set To Elect Muslim Mayor With Ties To E... 8 min Arch 13
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min jollyroger 195,416
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Incognito4Ever 381,380
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 10 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 372
News Arrests in Seattle as May Day marchers take to ... 51 min Cat74 37
More from around the web