In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
45,421 - 45,440 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
And Constitutional monarchies overlap with democracy.
Is the United KING_dom a monarchy?

Yes or no?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
You are doing it again. You happily acknowledge that there are differences between animals,
I don't pretend a fish is a mammal.

And I don't have a single problem ever acknowledging a that salmon is a fish.

And you have had a problem acknowledging that the UK is a monarchy.

And I don't have to make up thinks that you might say, or insist that this is how you think.

And I am still waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is, but you are a coward with very tiny seeds where most men have grapes.

I guess it is part of your national heritage: you are a nation of pu88ies. Maybe it comes from having a queen as HOS.
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the United KING_dom a monarchy?
Yes or no?
Is the USA a republic? Yes or no?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't pretend a fish is a mammal.
Not the point. The point is that by your logic all fish are the same.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't have a single problem ever acknowledging a that salmon is a fish.
Again, not the point. The point is that by your logic all fish are the same.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have had a problem acknowledging that the UK is a monarchy.
You have a problem acknowledging that having a monarch does not mean that a country is subsequently undemocratic for the same reason that America being a republic does not mean that it is not a democracy.

In other words, you have a problem realising that things can belong to more than one family - unless it sutis your circumstances.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don't have to make up thinks that you might say, or insist that this is how you think.
All you have to do is cherry-pick what to ignore and what to respond to, even if it means cutting off quotes mid-sentence.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am still waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is, but you are a coward with very tiny seeds where most men have grapes.
So says the manchild who refuses to define democracy or admit he lied about not getting a quote from Wikipedia.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it is part of your national heritage: you are a nation of pu88ies. Maybe it comes from having a queen as HOS.
Show me how to be a big boy and define democracy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll point to my quote above defining the US as a republic long before you even asked.

And remind you that no matter how much you huff and puff: the United King_dom is still a monarchy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
The point is that by your logic all fish are the same.
The point is: you are m/f c/s liar, a coward, and the only way you can get me to "say" something is to make it up and insist it is "my" logic.

Troll.
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll point to my quote above defining the US as a republic long before you even asked.
Nope, you have to play your own game and simply answer yes or no. You yourself said that we must pretend that we are computers and answer yes or no, true or false, 0 or 1.

So, come on, let's play Barefoot rules:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And remind you that no matter how much you huff and puff: the United King_dom is still a monarchy.
Then the USA is just a republic.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is: you are m/f c/s liar, a coward, and the only way you can get me to "say" something is to make it up and insist it is "my" logic.
Troll.
Your logic is derived from your posts. Unless you are claiming that you are not Barefoot2626, but actually a sock puppet made by myself in order to argue with myself, then I am not making anything up in the slightest.

Don't cry when people play by your rules. You want to play "yes or no" questions, you want to play with one-definition words, you want to pretend that everything within umbrella terms are the same.

Suck it up, manchild. Put on your big boy pants and think up arguments that would actually pass at high school level at best.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you have to play your own game
Yep.

A long time ago.

And you won't put up because you know I'll slap the snot out of you.

As I would literally, in person.

Put up or shut up... you sniveling, worm parasite.

Put up or shut up.
My opinion

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

That is where they need to stay...God Bless
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
A long time ago.
Yet within the last week you said:

"The entire world of computers revolves around boolean logic: is or is not, 0 or 1, yes or no.

The follow is an example: the United Kingdom is a monarchy.

Yes.

Not maybe.

Not it depends.

Not compared to...

It is."

Which must also mean that the USA either is or is not a republic.

So: where you wrong "a long time ago", or were you wrong within the last week?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you won't put up because you know I'll slap the snot out of you.
As I would literally, in person.
Put up or shut up... you sniveling, worm parasite.
Put up or shut up.
I do not negotiate with manchild internet tough guys; you either back up your claim, or keep showing that you are lying. Either way you are too much fun to whack so I am not going anywhere.

You can stop pretending. I know you got the quote from Wikipedia, you know you got the quote from Wikipedia, so who are you trying to fool?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet within the last week you said:
Put up or shut up.

Do stop wasting my time.

Don't believe I read your posts further than a few lines.

Put up or shut up.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Put .......... up.
You are funny :---------
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Put up or shut up.
Do stop wasting my time.
Don't believe I read your posts further than a few lines.
Put up or shut up.
What time of yours do I possibly have to waste when you devote 80 plus posts a day to this forum?

Put up little boy: show me where you got the Macmillan quote from.

Define democracy.

Explain why you get to break your own rules and be right, but why everybody else is wrong whether they play by your rules or not.

Come on, manchild. My mallet needs to whack you some more.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
What time of yours do I possibly have to waste when you devote 80 plus posts a day to this forum?
You don't require twenty seconds per post.

Put up or shut up.
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't require twenty seconds per post.
Put up or shut up.
Maybe you have got confused:

You - yes, you - made the claim.

Adults are expected to back up their claims.

You, my manchild friend, have to take something called -responsibility- for your claim and back it up, so show me where you got the Macmillan quote from. Mommy and Daddy cannot help you; you need to do this by yourself like a big boy.

For all your talk of British people being cowards it sure is ironic how you run away from your responsibilities. Is that what you think being big and manly is about? Acting like a child? Crying and begging other people to leave you alone when cornered? It sure seems that way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you have got confused:
Put up or shut up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Adults are expected to back up their claims.
Exactly.

Put up or shut up.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Put up or shut up.
Troll!

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Put up or shut up.
Troll!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll!
Wipe your chin, Meatball.

(quote)
STOCKHOLM—The Swedish royal family is gearing up for the lavish wedding of its crown princess Saturday, even as more citizens are saying the country should divorce itself from the monarchy.

Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling were presented with china at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on June 3.

The royal family is something of an anachronism in a country that prides itself on being one of the most equal in the world. For decades, a majority of Swedish lawmakers have been in favor of abolishing the monarchy, but no political party has had the stomach to pursue it.

Royalists and republicans struck a deal in 1974 that allowed the king to remain head of state, but without any executive powers. Ever since, Sweden has been, in the words of then-Prime Minister Olof Palme, a "pen stroke from a republic."

Almost 40 years since the compromise was struck, more than 200,000 people are expected to line the streets of Stockholm to see Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, her former personal trainer, take a lap of honor in their horse-drawn carriage from the royal castle through central Stockholm and back again. To further underscore that this isn't an average wedding, 18 fighter jets and 5,000 troops have been called out to pay tribute to the couple.

But it is far from certain that Victoria, 32 years old, will inherit the crown from her father, 64-year-old King Carl XVI Gustaf. Popular support is on a gentle, but steady, downward slide. According to an April poll by Gothenburg University's SOM-Institute, the proportion of Swedes in favor of the monarchy has slid to 56%, from 62% six years ago, and is the slimmest majority since the institute started polling. Attempts to reach the royal family were unsuccessful.

Some say the weakening support of late is due to Victoria's choice of husband—a regular, middle-class guy from the rural town of Ockelbo in central Sweden.

Others cite public discontent at having to foot the bill for the wedding. Taxpayers are coughing up 10 million kronor ($1.3 million) for the wedding alone, before factoring in the cost of restoring the church, new uniforms for police officers, cleaning and other necessities. The city of Stockholm is also splashing out eight million kronor on a two-week-long festival tied to the wedding called "Love Stockholm 2010." And critics are unlikely to be mollified by the prospect of free subway rides on Saturday, courtesy of Stockholm's taxpayer-funded transportation authority.

"For all of us who weren't too fond of the whole monarchy deal, this has really triggered us to do something," says Vilma Seth, organizer of "Real Love Stockholm," one of the many antiroyalist parties taking place in the capital this weekend.

"I don't understand why politicians refuse to do something about the monarchy," Ms. Seth says. "I think the way a country is run should reflect its values."

Those who favor hanging onto the monarchy often mention the king's role as a representative of the country and his work supporting Swedish companies abroad. Whether that work justifies the 110 million kronor the government pays him every year is a matter of hot debate.

And while the national retail organization is forecasting 2.5 billion kronor in domestic sales of official wedding merchandise, Swedes may be overestimating the allure of their monarchy to foreigners.
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Put up or shut up.
I did not make the claim.

You did. You lied.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.
Back up your claim, manchild.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••