In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44441 Dec 6, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
When he has to be right no matter what, it only shows his own insecurities about his own opinions.
Of course, the annoying part of it is he is right and you wrong and unable to deal with it, otherwise you wouldn't be responding every single day.

PS: The island to the west of England... Ireland.
SupaAFC

Pitlochry, UK

#44442 Dec 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Running away is a British trait.
Let me know when you pass the "what is a loaded question" test.
That depends on whose definition we are playing by. If you mean a conventional term for loaded question, then I have passed with flying colours. If you mean the "Barefoot loaded question test", then inevitably I am going to fail.

You cannot debate, and that is why you hide behind a flawed question. You know just as much as everyone else here that Britain is an average western democratic country.

Location hidden

#44443 Dec 6, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends on whose definition we are playing by
Those that speak English.

The people who understand when I say the UK is a monarchy, they nod.

For example.

And when I say the Ireland is an island and to the west of England, they get annoyed because everyone knows that that is rather obvious.

Rather than rolling around on the floor kicking and crying and screaming Wales is to the west of England and that an explanation is needed for saying the UK is a monarchy.

Those who speak English, SuperFag.

Maybe you can have Packy help?

Location hidden

#44444 Dec 6, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
You cannot debate, and that is why you hide behind a flawed question.
That is why I am able to say without reservation: Yes, the UK is a monarchy and why after a month you cannot admit that you are wrong.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#44446 Dec 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, the annoying part of it is he is right and you wrong and unable to deal with it, otherwise you wouldn't be responding every single day.
PS: The island to the west of England... Ireland.
Northern Ireland: Part of Britain.

Britain: Not an island.

The Borderland of Sol

#44447 Dec 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't dish it out if you can't take it, HOney, especially when you started it.
Oh, you just hit her back first?

Now that's funny.

Location hidden

#44448 Dec 6, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Northern Ireland: Part of Britain.
Northern Ireland:

http://www.oileain.ie/images/map_english.gif

PS: still west of England.

Great Britain: An island off the western coast of Europe comprising England, Scotland, and Wales. It is separated from the mainland by the English Channel and from Ireland by the Irish Sea.

++

Hmmm... no northern Ireland.

Location hidden

#44449 Dec 6, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you just hit her back first?
Now that's funny.
Don't dish it out if you can't take it, StickyGums.
Anonymous

UK

#44450 Dec 6, 2012
Were not talking about great Britain, he clearly said the united kingdom of great Britain and northern Ireland, so you, barebutt, do not know the difference between Britain and UK

Location hidden

#44451 Dec 6, 2012
straa wrote:
Were not talking about great Britain, he clearly said the united kingdom
I know exactly what he said, Packy, just as I know exactly what you have said, and exactly what I say and have said.

The difference between you and me, Packy, and me and your NotBot friends is: I am able to QUOTE *exactly* and not have to insist on paraphrase what anyone meant to have said.

Ireland is west of England, yes or no, Packy.
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#44452 Dec 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't dish it out if you can't take it, StickyGums.
Ok pops,We're gonna need a blood sample,A stool sample and a semen sample.Ah just give us a pair of your used shorts!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#44453 Dec 6, 2012
"The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain, is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. The country includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland, and many smaller islands.

The United Kingdom is a unitary state governed under a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary system, with its seat of government in the capital city of London. It is a country in its own right and consists of four constituent countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. "

~ Wikipedia

Location hidden

#44454 Dec 6, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
"The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK)
Yes?

So what?

Does the sun still rise in the east?

As I recall, I said that Ireland was west of England.

Do you need to look that up?

Is Northern Ireland part of Ireland?

You better check a map, HOney.

Here's one:

http://geology.com/world/ireland-map.gif

The Borderland of Sol

#44455 Dec 6, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes?
So what?
Does the sun still rise in the east?
As I recall, I said that Ireland was west of England.
Do you need to look that up?
Is Northern Ireland part of Ireland?
You better check a map, HOney.
Here's one:
http://geology.com/world/ireland-map.gif
Silly bastard.

Your original claims were "Britain is an island" and "Northern Ireland is not British".

No-one is arguing, or has argued , that the geographical entity "Ireland" is anywhere other that West of England.

That's a (not very effective) strawman argument of your own devising. And you know it.

Location hidden

#44456 Dec 6, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Silly bastard.
Your original claims were "Britain is an island" and "Northern Ireland is not British".
They weren't.

Anything else?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#44457 Dec 7, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Team UK football failed because they were UK footballers. Other sports would have a better team ethos.
<quoted text>
I am inclined to agree - Rugby and cricket, for instance.

Take an example - on a football pitch, the players do not respect the ref. They challenge him on penalty, free kick and yellow card decisions, sometimes pulling in all the players AND coaching staff.

In rugby, 30 much bigger men bash into each other, but when the ref's whistle blows, they immediately stop their crap and accept his decision. Same with cricket - higher quality sportsmen.

BTW, you are doing a fantastic job of tearing India apart!
Thinking

UK

#44458 Dec 7, 2012
Same happened to me. bsfoot was crapping on about Concorde. All I said was I got to fly on it free once and he called me a parasite. I don't bother with bsfoot now. It's just another religitard eating cycles.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you just hit her back first?
Now that's funny.
Thinking

UK

#44459 Dec 7, 2012
I don't follow football but I think that red cards and penalties are too heavy handed. I think the petty nature of the modern game could, over time, be improved by 10 minute sin bins.

Dissent to the ref: sin bin
Bad behaviour: sin bin
Diving: sin bin

I might follow football again if I could look at most of the players without deriding their bad tempered petulance.

Cook's run out was odd, wasn't it? C'est la vie.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I am inclined to agree - Rugby and cricket, for instance.
Take an example - on a football pitch, the players do not respect the ref. They challenge him on penalty, free kick and yellow card decisions, sometimes pulling in all the players AND coaching staff.
In rugby, 30 much bigger men bash into each other, but when the ref's whistle blows, they immediately stop their crap and accept his decision. Same with cricket - higher quality sportsmen.
BTW, you are doing a fantastic job of tearing India apart!

#44460 Dec 7, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I don't follow football but I think that red cards and penalties are too heavy handed. I think the petty nature of the modern game could, over time, be improved by 10 minute sin bins.
I might follow football again if I could look at most of the players without deriding their bad tempered petulance.
Great idea. I would take it a bit further: A citing commission, like we have in rugby. Let's say the attacking player takes a dive and gets away with it. I'd like to see him cited and banned for 3 or 4 games.

Also, slap the players with some real fines! I remember some South American star was fined about 10,000 Euros for some kind of misconduct. 10,000 Euros??? For a guy that earns 100,000 Euros a WEEK? That is like fining me the price of a bag of crisps.
Thinking wrote:
Didn't watch it. Work cuts into my cricket watching time.

#44461 Dec 7, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
509/6 After day 3.

A near 200 run lead, with 4 wickets remaining. Prior is a decent batsman and Swannie can stack up a few quick runs. Batting normally, you can have another 100 runs in the first session tomorrow; that will mean a near 300 run lead, with 5 sessions to go... This game is in the bag, methinks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger has a... 4 min RADIO 3
GOP types accused of 'thinly-veiled racism' for... 5 min Le Jimbo 128
House Dems fight to hold 9 districts Romney won 8 min Le Jimbo 30
Warren in Minnesota: 'The game is rigged' 12 min Le Jimbo 15
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 20 min Le Jimbo 434
Kay Hagan's Bad Math 22 min Le Jimbo 21
Obama admin. to allow thousands of Haitians int... 23 min Positive Vibes 30
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 26 min FREE SERVANT 120,469
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,124,277
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr harmonious 269,273