In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#38665 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Except the fact that it demonstrates the church of England does nothing more than ceremonially rubber stamp the elections of the people.
Why, Barefoot, would the church of England appoint Muslims into Westminster if they are so concerned about Christianity?
<quoted text>
Well, yes, because secular democratic governments do not discriminate against people based on their religious beliefs or lack of.
What is demonstrates is that for all your song and dance about the UK being a state religion, it is nothing more than hot air considering we act just as any democratic country does.
Why, Barefoot, do we see no Muslim members of Congress in the United States considering you see your country as the champion of secular democracy?
<quoted text>
We are certainly more open minded on religious belief contrary to the United States, which again renders your whole spiel about legalities meaningless considering our actions contradict our laws.
Why? Because our religious laws are relics. Artefacts. Shells. Until you can get your head round this, you are going to be stuck in an intellectual rut.
Historically, membership in the House of Lords was tied to land ownership. Hence "Lords".
The Church, of course, owned more land than anyone except the Crown, hence the bishops.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#38666 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
If your whole debate is "the Queen is the head of state!"
Sweetie: I have given you a list.

You spending 275 million pounds ($425 million) for your ornaments is icing on the cake.

Here is the one line summary:
USA is a secular state; the UK is a religious state.

Location hidden

#38667 Sep 24, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
There's a serious movement been rumbling away for a while* for not merely reform, but abolition
Well that's funny...

Why would there be a serious movement necessary if it wasn't needed?

**DO GIVE ME A CALL** when the state religion is abolished but until then it looks like I continue to hold the floor.

Location hidden

#38668 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
You are pretending that general elections don't exist in British political history.
And you are a g/d, m/f, c/s liar.

I do understand: you lack the moral principles to stand here and to try to hold your grounds ethically.

I cannot help that Topix cannot just step in when a pathological liar like yourself cannot contain "herself" when not bound by any moral boundaries.
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38669 Sep 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie: I have given you a list.
You spending 275 million pounds ($425 million) for your ornaments is icing on the cake.
Here is the one line summary:
USA is a secular state; the UK is a religious state.
Two words: Magna Carta.

You think that the royal family bothers us, and whereas we don't exactly see their relevance in 21st century Britain, we're not exactly bothered about them either. Simply, it's a British thing.
You guys, on the other hand, spend millions of your own dollars on mega churches.

So, you were saying about states and religions, exactly?
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38670 Sep 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a g/d, m/f, c/s liar.
I do understand: you lack the moral principles to stand here and to try to hold your grounds ethically.
I cannot help that Topix cannot just step in when a pathological liar like yourself cannot contain "herself" when not bound by any moral boundaries.
Psycological projection is a common sign when one has run out of arguments.

I have quoted the same line from you at least three times now that clearly demonstrates that you think MPs are selected not by the British electorate, but by the church of England. To keep crying distortion is dishonest.

Why, Barefoot, do you complain about morals while lying through your teeth?

Why do you make a song and dance about America being a secular democracy when your currency declares "In God We Trust?"

Location hidden

#38671 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words: Magna Carta.
Two words: "Constitutional" monarchy.

Let me know when the Queen declares that there is no longer a state church.

I'll take her word for it.

As we know: you lie whenever you open your mouth.

Location hidden

#38672 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Psycological projection is a common sign when one has run out of arguments.
I'd say when you are force to outright lie about what I have said- several times- you have already preempted your "arguments".

Putting aside, of course, there is no such thing as 'psycological projection'.

Happy to see your medical degree, though.

Location hidden

#38673 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
I have quoted the same line from you at least three times
I guess Topix must have deleted them all.

I guess "quote" is another one of those English words that change when one crosses the ocean.

Over here: it is the exact reiteration of what a person says.

Of course- with you being English- we'd also have to define what exact means.
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38674 Sep 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words: "Constitutional" monarchy.
You can call us a state religion, a constitutional monarchy, even banana bread for all it matters. The fact remains, however, that your archaic argument has no basis on how Britain actually operates.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when the Queen declares that there is no longer a state church.
I'll take her word for it.
Let me know when you realise that the Queen plays no role in politics other than ceremonially open parliament, where, you know, our democratically-elected politicians run the country.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As we know: you lie whenever you open your mouth.
I am not the one pretending that democratic elections do not happen in Britain.
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38675 Sep 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say when you are force to outright lie about what I have said- several times- you have already preempted your "arguments".
Putting aside, of course, there is no such thing as 'psycological projection'.
Happy to see your medical degree, though.
"Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pr...

We have all read your claim. The only liar, here, is you. That is why, Barefoot, all you can do is project your own shortcomings onto me.

"In God We Trust".
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38676 Sep 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Topix must have deleted them all.
I guess "quote" is another one of those English words that change when one crosses the ocean.
Over here: it is the exact reiteration of what a person says.
Of course- with you being English- we'd also have to define what exact means.
Or, you have ignored them. Just like you ignore pretty much all of my post content and latch onto tidbits that you think you can get crumbs from.

"In God We Trust" - care to explain why a secular democratic country has this slogan on their currency? I am all ears.

Location hidden

#38677 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Why, Barefoot, do you complain about morals while lying through your teeth?
Why don't you quote me, you m/f c/s liar?

How is it you can only "paraphrase" me?

Funny how that is.

Location hidden

#38678 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
"In God We Trust" - care to explain why a secular democratic country has this slogan on their currency? I am all ears.
No, shug, there is no room for ears, you are all mouth, and when it is open, lies come out.

Do let me know when you find an instance of a motto having an kind of influence on our legislative body.

Putting aside, of course, compared to the UK where the state church appoints members to the Parliament.

Location hidden

#38679 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call us a state religion, a constitutional monarchy, even banana bread for all it matters.
Funny how you insist on paraphrasing what I have said.

Funny how I don't have any problem quoting EXACTLY what you said.

('C O N S T I T U T I O N A L' M O N A R C H Y )

Do note I put constitutional in quotes as we know- as I have pointed out- the UK doesn't have a constitution.

If it had, it would have the freedom of religion we enjoy in the USA.
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38680 Sep 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you quote me, you m/f c/s liar?
How is it you can only "paraphrase" me?
Funny how that is.
On post #38641:

SupaAFC wrote:

<quoted text>
And again you are ignoring the facts that we can vote for whoever we want,

barefiit2626 wrote:
I already proved you lied.

You do not vote for the members appointed to the Parliament by the Church of England.

PS:

Tell me: when is the last time you voted on the King or Queen of the UK?

:-

You do not vote for the members appointed to the Parliament by the Church of England.

It's right there, clear as crystal. Either you had no idea that general elections are held in the UK to elect MPs, or you were lying. Which was it?

Location hidden

#38681 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, you have ignored them.
Have someone explain what "quote" means, Shug.
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38682 Sep 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, shug, there is no room for ears, you are all mouth, and when it is open, lies come out.
Do let me know when you find an instance of a motto having an kind of influence on our legislative body.
Putting aside, of course, compared to the UK where the state church appoints members to the Parliament.
Translation: you cannot admit that religious influence is rife in your secular democracy.

Location hidden

#38683 Sep 24, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Psychological projection "
You spell better when you copy and paste from others.

I don't see your doctorate attached so we can all assume you are as qualified to make diagnosis as you are able to tell the truth.
SupaAFC

Paisley, UK

#38684 Sep 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you insist on paraphrasing what I have said.
Funny how I don't have any problem quoting EXACTLY what you said.
('C O N S T I T U T I O N A L' M O N A R C H Y )
Do note I put constitutional in quotes as we know- as I have pointed out- the UK doesn't have a constitution.
If it had, it would have the freedom of religion we enjoy in the USA.
Barefoot, you selectively choose what to respond to from me and thus ignore about 90 percent of my post content. I, on the other hand, respond to every part of all your posts.

You really have no leg to stand on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Monica Scaramucci 24,539
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Abe 285,562
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min southerngirl 1,579,089
News Donald Trump vows to answer North Korea nuclear... 3 min ImPeach 258
News Police: Suspect who drove over protesters at Vi... 4 min spocko 100
News Reactions to Trump's statement on violence in V... 7 min Poor Trumpflakes 229
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min Freedomofexpression 316,225
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 1 hr Tikee 1,146
More from around the web