In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51437 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#23641 Jul 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be curious to hear whether any posters have respect, even just a little bit, for barefoot and his views.
Anybody?
Hmmm...

I doubt you'll get any takers (other than barefoot's socks).

After all, barefoot would first need to possess a modicum of credibility before anyone could respect the man and his views.

“free your mind.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#23642 Jul 6, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can’t see police internet spies on general and open internet sites, certainly not in the western world. It would be much too expensive considering a single box of electronic tricks can do the job of perhaps 10000 or more such people, 24 hours a day 7 days a week and the box doesn’t want time off for 6 weeks holiday and 3 grandmothers funerals a year.
That’s not to say it doesn’t happen, It certainly has happened on restricted sites as many a bewildered paedophile has discovered however this is probably triggered by the box of tricks in the first place.
The internet is to vast a system to police on an individual basis and the police departments that police it are finite
I'm not talking about your average bobby, more like undercover / MI5 etc....
there's likely much 'spying' we don't know about, especially with regard to national security..in a way those suspected of racial and /or religious unrest would be of even more relevance to the government than paedopiles.
Re which sites to choose for surveillance..I guess they need to be selective, practicallity wise.. as you say.!

HugeKielbasa

Since: Jun 12

Poughquag, NY

#23643 Jul 6, 2012
Beatthesystem wrote:
<quoted text>
I said your arguements were dishonest..
you are being dishonest with yourself even if you don't realise it..
I did not say you were a liar.. because I consider you genuinely believe what you say, what you believe.
still not answered my question.. tick..
My arguments are generally honest.

You just see my arguments as dishonest because my arguments don't fit with your feelings.

You as most Brits live in a one track mind fantasy incapable of reality.

HugeKielbasa

Poughquag, NY

#23644 Jul 6, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have had your reply, now get it trough your thick racist head that I have every intention of ignoring anything and everything you write. You sicken me, you make we want to puke. It is you type of deliberately ignorant moron that tried to kill my children, now butt out
You ignore because you as most British people are desperate one track minded chimps.

You Brits live in a one track minded fantasy.

You are like desperate chimps attempting to be humans.

“free your mind.”

Location hidden

#23645 Jul 6, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
If you claim to have a high IQ & high EQ.
You should be able to figure out why people would hate dumb people & degenerates.
Even a 10 year old might get it. LOL
It is not rocket science to why people might hate dumb people & degenerates.
Time's up..

so long, farewell, i need to say adieu..

white sheet applied.

HugeKielbasa

Poughquag, NY

#23646 Jul 6, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your second guess? Tell you what, make your next two guesses in the next post.
If you fail to guess my race, you have to admit that you're wrong about your views on race/
You said Bollocks like a Brit.

You have the typical British Island trait of Brits where they ignore things when they don't like reality.

You are OBVIOUSLY a Brit.

You type like a Brit.
You act like a Brit.

HugeKielbasa

Poughquag, NY

#23647 Jul 6, 2012
Beatthesystem wrote:
<quoted text>
Time's up..
so long, farewell, i need to say adieu..
white sheet applied.
Derp derp.

I hate stupid people & degenerates because they are liability & detriment to society.

This is just what Black people are to American society a detriment & liability.

“free your mind.”

Location hidden

#23649 Jul 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catcher white sheet works rather well for me.
you read my mind..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#23650 Jul 6, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Its A Nation Of Christians
Not for much longer.

Extrapolating current trends, we're looking at about 25-30 years before the irreligious outnumber Christians and assume the majority.

Your best hope of not obtaining minority status would be the destruction of the planet before then. That news should give you great comfort, however, since you have told us that you assume that as a fact.

HugeKielbasa

Poughquag, NY

#23651 Jul 6, 2012
Oh I forgot we have Protestant racist Timmothy Mcveigh blowing up White buildings & killing Whites.

F*cking stupid Protestant monkeys

Just like that F*cking stupod protestant monkey Breivik also blowing up White buildings & killing Whites.

HugeKielbasa

Poughquag, NY

#23652 Jul 6, 2012
Oh yeah Protestant racist Charles Manson also killed White people because he thought it would help Whites to create a race war.

F*ck protestants

F*ck North Western Europeans.

North Western Europeans are stupid monkeys.

There is a reason why North Western Europeans were the last to develope civilization in Europe.

Now North Western Europeans are the first to go extinct from multiculturalism.

There is also a reason why North Western Europeans have shorter & more dolichocephalic like Negros, Homo Erectus, Chimpanzees, Neanderthals, Gorillas,

Watford, UK

#23653 Jul 6, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
My arguments are generally honest.
You just see my arguments as dishonest because my arguments don't fit with your feelings.
You as most Brits live in a one track mind fantasy incapable of reality.
Why did the Pole cross the road?

He couldn't get his dick out of the chicken.

HugeKielbasa

Poughquag, NY

#23654 Jul 6, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
North Western Europeans are like stupid Negro + super desperation, OCD & over ambition.

North Western Europeans are hopeless stupid chimps who are destined to go extinct.

The mass majority of North Western Europeans blindly follow & support Multiculturalism than other Europeans.

The few North Western Europeans who object & are racist mostly just end up killing mostly Whites like Breivik, Mcveigh, Charles Manson.

Stupid f*cking ape people.

While Italian Sheriff Joe is fighting for the U.S border against Mexico

While Russian skinheads are beheading Muslims like Muslims behead us.

While braindead North Western European racists just go ape sh*t & kill mostly Whites & destroy White buildings like Breivik & Mcveigh

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#23655 Jul 6, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Theists prefer whomever will support their fables over the consensus opinions of the qualified experts in good standing in the sciences that contradicts it.
True Truth wrote:
Some theists. Not all, and not even most.
That's not my experience. I've never heard heard any theist say that his holy book is wrong about anything, or change his interpretation of it because of something he learned from science. The science that contradicts any scripture that he believes literally is simply rejected out of hand. Any science that he accepts that contradicts scripture, he has always accepted. He has always considered that scripture allegorical.
True Truth wrote:
I don't know anyone who listens to the Vatican on science anymore. Nor do I know anyone who listens to any muslim maulana, or hindu priest regarding science. I don't know anyone who would reject a University and favour a church over scientific claims. People question scientific claims for themselves, but as for turning to a priest and rejecting the scientific community, I haven't seen that happen here.
I think that we've already agreed that the theism you see in South Africa is radically different from what I have always known in America.

What you just said is exactly wrong in America, especially its bible belt, which is a huge piece of it. Such opinions are dirt common. Where do you think all of this anti-evolution anti-scientism is coming from? Yee haw, y'all!
True Truth wrote:
I have heard that certain isolated communities do indeed trust their church on every single thing. I've seen such things about small town America on TV.
You've heard wrong. What are isolated are the strongholds of reason - the cities - dotting the vast expanse of rural America, especially in the Mountain States, the Plains States, and the South.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#23656 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, "Bringmedinner" is morally bankrupt, and all too typical for his kind. He tells us that without his faith, he would have no reason not to murder. He obviously believes that murder is not wrong unless a punitive sky daddy sees it. And that's just the beginning of his depravity. He is happy to scapegoat skeptics, and he is happy to use the extremely derogatory and provocative language to do so.
What do we think about such people? What should we do about them? Politely tolerate them? The Jews don't think so. They and their Anti-Defamation League won't tolerate this kind of talk about them, and I'll bet that they know a thing or two about the consequences of condoning such speech.
Some say don't be confrontational. I ask, why not? Because somebody might be turned off? Who cares? Being a spineless doormat turns me off.
Who else tolerates this kind of talk? Seriously - who else let's others call them vile, corrupt, and abominable? I say we need to kick it up a notch, and take the aggressive role in such conversations. If one of these religites wants to libel you or me, give his moral indignation back to him in spades - in language that makes it clear what is and is not acceptable, and offers an example for others. Nobody should sit for that kind of hate speech that doesn't need to.
Your defensiveness is showing. The discussion was about the godless person murdering a seven year old child and the godless person having sex with a cut up corpse, then eating it. An atheist can not assert that these people were not godless. It is atheism and its insistence that there is no higher power guiding mankind's morality that results in these examples of depravity and the continued generalized sinking of American culture to new lows. Elsewhere here, atheists celebrate depriving their children of a knowledge of God and His ways. Since atheist principles found sway in the early seventies, the culture is bankrupt... all of it directly attributable to atheist influence... killing 57 Million humans for convenience, sexual wantonness and depravity, increasingly outrageous murders. You can't claim it a failure of Christian morality, which teaches love above all. Destruction after destruction of decency and morality have occurred particularly because of atheist thought encouraging people to live outside moral concepts. You even have a fellow atheist on this board, who staunchly says no such thing as morality exists. I challenge you to confront the realities of your influence; you defensively call that hate speech, or that others are morally bankrupt. Such absurd twists of reason show only that a true representation of atheism in its extreme clarity can not really defend itself. Mirrors of your foundational depths are rather disgusting. For thousands of posts you denigrate Christians and morality as practiced and survived for six thousand years. When someone defines the actual impact of atheism and pagan practice, you cry foul. You're weak in nature and weak in character. Atheism can not foster one reason for morality, let alone the thousands needed and supplied by religion for millenia. Morally bankrupt indeed.

Watford, UK

#23658 Jul 6, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your defensiveness is showing. The discussion was about the godless person murdering a seven year old child and the godless person having sex with a cut up corpse, then eating it. An atheist can not assert that these people were not godless. It is atheism and its insistence that there is no higher power guiding mankind's morality that results in these examples of depravity and the continued generalized sinking of American culture to new lows. Elsewhere here, atheists celebrate depriving their children of a knowledge of God and His ways. Since atheist principles found sway in the early seventies, the culture is bankrupt... all of it directly attributable to atheist influence... killing 57 Million humans for convenience, sexual wantonness and depravity, increasingly outrageous murders. You can't claim it a failure of Christian morality, which teaches love above all. Destruction after destruction of decency and morality have occurred particularly because of atheist thought encouraging people to live outside moral concepts. You even have a fellow atheist on this board, who staunchly says no such thing as morality exists. I challenge you to confront the realities of your influence; you defensively call that hate speech, or that others are morally bankrupt. Such absurd twists of reason show only that a true representation of atheism in its extreme clarity can not really defend itself. Mirrors of your foundational depths are rather disgusting. For thousands of posts you denigrate Christians and morality as practiced and survived for six thousand years. When someone defines the actual impact of atheism and pagan practice, you cry foul. You're weak in nature and weak in character. Atheism can not foster one reason for morality, let alone the thousands needed and supplied by religion for millenia. Morally bankrupt indeed.
Paragraphs dude.

Or try posting your own thoughts rather than plagiarising someone else's.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23659 Jul 6, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> are you sure you want to criticize Americans to make a case against that nut you are arguing with? are you sure you want to put yourself on his level by discussing anything with him?
WAHHHHHHH! he is only repeating the same thing that KowKow has already said only he has miosspelled more words.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#23660 Jul 6, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Paragraphs dude.
Or try posting your own thoughts rather than plagiarising someone else's.
You've never read Ken Kesey, when he could write, I presume.

Accusations of plagiarism are simpy (and simply) avoidances of relevance.

Location hidden

#23662 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's not my experience. I've never heard heard any theist say that his holy book is wrong about anything,
We have already proved you a liar, IANUS.

So clearly you are going to honestly report anything that contradicts anything you have ever said.

Any more than you would confirm any of the many times you have been proved wrong here.

Funny how that is.

Location hidden

#23663 Jul 6, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
(quote)
LONDON -- Police raided homes and properties of dozens of suspected pedophiles, arresting 76 people – including a retired teacher and a scout leader.

Officers from 40 forces working under the direction of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Center executed 141 warrants. The warrants included offenses relating to the possession and distribution of indecent images of children.

Kate Fisher, an analyst at the center, says the images being downloaded by pedophiles are increasingly becoming more extreme, sadistic and violent. They are also featuring increasingly younger children.

Among those arrested by police were a referee, a pathologist, a firefighter, and a computer programmer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Abe 232,854
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Earthling-1 60,657
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Chimney1 201,140
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 24 min coco 10,362
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr X -Man- 391,104
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr sambo 219,332
News Top StorySanders has book deal; will reflect on... 1 hr Light That Turquo... 12
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,403,354
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 3 hr Trumping On 187
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 3 hr woodtick57 154
More from around the web