70% gang related? Seems low. Sounds like that stat includes suicides along with misuse and accidental deaths and of course the otherwise law abiding citizen who just snaps and kills people is what I'll assume is the other 30% of firearms death is. Or the non criminal use of them. Non intentional?Looks like barebrained2626 been huffing paint again:
Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, D.C., Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. Total Population = 136,308,568
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia. Total legal 2012 population = 177,362,338
The South has 41,053,770 more people than the North. Then there's THIS interesting FACT:
Illegal immigrants 16,000,000
At least 80% of those are in the southern U.S.- Mainly; Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Mexico and Texas.
Number of illegals: 12,800,000
Population Difference: 41,053,770
Total Population over: 53,853,770 (South over north)
The largest percentage of homicides [by far] are in California, Florida, and Texas.
Why do you think the FBI lumped in "Hispanic" with "White" in their crime figures?
Addendum: It should be noted that around 70% of all homicides by firearm are gang related.
Suicides really don't fit in either category. It's a random exception and not the rule. Most law abiding gun owners do not kill themselves nor do the criminals shoot themselves in the head.
The slower ones might think of that as gun owners don't commit suicide because their gun owners and criminals don't commit suicide because their low life pieces of shit. If you factor out suicide, it would probably be 90% is intentional criminal use of a firearm and most of that takes place in black and Hispanic hoodz
The size of a State or it's location has nothing to do with why a State has a high murder rate or even if it's a red or blue State.
Break it down by city/race and it's pretty obvious WHAT the problem is.
What flawed logic would think that by going after those that obey the law, passing background checks with no criminal record would do anything to stop crime or the 70% of all homicides using guns?
I'd think by focusing on Where the shooting & killing is going on would be the best place to stop it...At least 70% of it and the Justice System already knows who most of those people are.
Nobody's doing anything about it.