Would an assault weapons ban work?

Would an assault weapons ban work?

There are 3769 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Would an assault weapons ban work?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3683 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You ignorant loony toon, you have provided proof when ask for it the last umpteen post.
Of course I have. I'm not like you, you lying, evading spammer!

LOL
alan

Overland Park, KS

#3684 Feb 7, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
100% legal full background check and all. Once again I LOVE AMERICA. They know how to distinguish the scumbags from the law abiding.
Nice....wrong butt, nice. Lets see, there are TO MANY GUNS in circulation to enforce the 7000 gun laws on the books. There is nothing better than guns and drugs to keep the prison systems being filled to overflowing. Basically, any person hell bent on destruction cant purchase a weapon legally, WILL go underground.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3685 Feb 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
what proof moron
already posted... Dumbo.

funny you think anyone thinks otherwise.

Location hidden

#3686 Feb 7, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>Nice....wrong butt, nice. Lets see, there are TO MANY GUNS in circulation to enforce the 7000 gun laws on the books.
Buttlicker: tens of thousands in prison right now for violating gun laws.

More laws: more gun gnutters in prison.

Details emerge about family in Denver shooting that left 3 dead
Posted: 02/06/2013 07:30:04 AM MST
Updated: 02/07/2013 08:13:50 AM MST
By Sadie Gurman
The Denver Post

A woman and two children were found dead in a Denver home Wednesday. One child was taken to a hospital. Irene Nuñez, a cousin, identified them as Mayra Perez, 23, her daughter, Nevaeh Morales, 2, and son, Erick Perez, 1. Daughter, Isabel, 2, is the survivor.

Mayra Perez called her mother Tuesday night to get a recipe for gorditas. She also quarreled with her husband, who left for the night to cool off.

By early morning, Perez and two of her children were dead, a third was in critical condition and her relatives were struggling to understand what happened in the family's northeast Denver home.

"I got a phone call at 7 a.m.," said Perez's sister, Liliana Castro.

It was her sister's husband, Ricky Perez, who told her he had found the bodies when he returned home Wednesday morning.

"He just told me he needed to tell me something, but he didn't know how to say it," Castro said. "I asked him,'What happened?' He's like,'I don't know, I don't know.' He couldn't talk. He

just hung up."

Denver police officers were called to the home in the 4900 block of Pearl Street at 6:55 a.m. for reports of a shooting. Officials did not identify the people whom officers found dead inside, but relatives said they were Perez, 22; her daughter, Nevaeh Morales, 6; and son, Erick Perez, 2.

A third child, Isabel Perez, 3, underwent surgery at Denver Health Medical Center, where police Cmdr. Ronald Saunier said she was in "extremely critical condition."

Ricky Perez and other relatives were with her at the hospital Wednesday night, Castro said.

Police had made no arrests and had "no reason to suspect a killer is on the loose," police spokesman Lt. Matt Murray said earlier in the day.

"At this time, we're not looking for any suspects," Saunier said later Wednesday. He would not elaborate, but said, "We have some questions we still need to answer.... We still need to complete the investigation."
alan

Overland Park, KS

#3687 Feb 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buttlicker: tens of thousands in prison right now for violating gun laws.
More laws: more gun gutters in prison.
Details emerge about family in Denver shooting that left 3 dead
Posted: 02/06/2013 07:30:04 AM MST
Updated: 02/07/2013 08:13:50 AM MST
By Sadie Gurman
The Denver Post
A woman and two children were found dead in a Denver home Wednesday. One child was taken to a hospital. Irene Nuñez, a cousin, identified them as Mayra Perez, 23, her daughter, Nevaeh Morales, 2, and son, Erick Perez, 1. Daughter, Isabel, 2, is the survivor.
Mayra Perez called her mother Tuesday night to get a recipe for gorditas. She also quarreled with her husband, who left for the night to cool off.
By early morning, Perez and two of her children were dead, a third was in critical condition and her relatives were struggling to understand what happened in the family's northeast Denver home.
"I got a phone call at 7 a.m.," said Perez's sister, Liliana Castro.
It was her sister's husband, Ricky Perez, who told her he had found the bodies when he returned home Wednesday morning.
"He just told me he needed to tell me something, but he didn't know how to say it," Castro said. "I asked him,'What happened?' He's like,'I don't know, I don't know.' He couldn't talk. He
just hung up."
Denver police officers were called to the home in the 4900 block of Pearl Street at 6:55 a.m. for reports of a shooting. Officials did not identify the people whom officers found dead inside, but relatives said they were Perez, 22; her daughter, Nevaeh Morales, 6; and son, Erick Perez, 2.
A third child, Isabel Perez, 3, underwent surgery at Denver Health Medical Center, where police Cmdr. Ronald Saunier said she was in "extremely critical condition."
Ricky Perez and other relatives were with her at the hospital Wednesday night, Castro said.
Police had made no arrests and had "no reason to suspect a killer is on the loose," police spokesman Lt. Matt Murray said earlier in the day.
"At this time, we're not looking for any suspects," Saunier said later Wednesday. He would not elaborate, but said, "We have some questions we still need to answer.... We still need to complete the investigation."
Ok, Bareassss2602 you can regurgitate all the stories and stats that makes you feel important. Most news is one sided, inaccurate and false, the whole story is never told. Think B, the Govt, states and counties are desperate for tax money. The more laws, the more revenue, not rocket science. The more laws, the more lawyers and judges needed to interpret and defend complicated and corrupt institutional bureaucracy."In God We Trust" ans "In Greed We Will Fall".......Later.

Location hidden

#3690 Feb 7, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, Bareassss2602 you can regurgitate all the stories and stats.
and you can grab hold of your boyfriend's belt loops and comb his short ones with your fairyfeather duster stache, if you need your clock cleaned, you let me know.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3692 Feb 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
already posted... Dumbo.
funny you think anyone thinks otherwise.
where

Since: Oct 09

Arvada, CO

#3693 Feb 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers are worthless when you (and your aliases) make them up, Muffins.
Here's another man buys gun to save family story:
ALCOA — Alcoa authorities say it appears a 47-year-old man shot his 39-year-old live-in girlfriend and her 18-year-old son to death Sunday night before killing himself.
The dead are identified this afternoon as alleged gunman Amos L. Turbyfill, Stacy L. Wade and her son Joshua J. Demetri, according to a release from the Alcoa Police Department.
The reason for the killings remains under investigation.
The three lived together in a home at 813 Maple St. Police responded at 8:41 p.m. Sunday to a report of a shooting at the home.
Neighbor David Hammontree said Turbyfill and Wade had lived there with the teen for a number of years.
"They kept to themselves," he said. "The only time I saw them is when they'd wave when they were going down the alley."
You really don't have a job do you bareass? I was just taking a shot at the queen comment but damn, all you can do is spew your sick gay fantasies and recaps from last night. What a pathetic POS you truly are! Please post the all the stories where the shooter used one of those magazine fed rifles which scares you sooooooo much......That is right, they did not use one they used handguns. You cannot fix stupid, which is what occurred with anyone letting their child play with a gun and you damn sure cannot fix evil which is what your stories point to. Are you saying it would have been better is the killers had used a butcher knife to stab them to death or a baseball bat to beat them to death? Those two items are used many more times each year to kill someone than a gun you fool! What makes you think taking away guns will make you or anyone any safer? Just check out the actual statistics in England, Australia, Mexico, hell any of the other countries who traded their liberty for the “safety” their communist politicians promised. Other than the occasional mass shooting, their crime rates are out of control! Assaults, stabbings, rapes, robberies, home invasions……..all have increase since they banned guns from their law abiding citizens but the criminals still have guns. Those are the facts bareass but you will of course make some sick gay comment and claim it is a lie. What makes you think you or your POS POTUS or these POS Gov’s have the right to tell me or any other American they cannot have a gun? They don’t dipshit! It takes a vote of the people, 3/4ths of the states to be precise, to ratify any change, revision, deletion, modification or restriction of the US Constitution and any of the amendments! So, why don’t you put on your moo moo and slippers, get on your hoveround , get out of your subsidized apartment and see that life is not safe, fair or able to be controlled. I know you are on overload from eating all that your marxist messiah odumbass is spewing into your mouth but take a break from your liberal protein injection and try to live in the real world for once in your miserable little life. Life is what you make it, not what someone gives to you. All you little libtards seem so intent and fixated on controlling everyone else because you are so scared that someone might get you or you won’t get all you think you deserve. Here a fact for you, this country did not get to be the greatest place this world has ever seen by following any of obama’s communist wet dreams. Facts show, every country in the last 300 years that followed your mangod obama’s policies has failed! Why don’t you worry about yourself and realize if obama’s goals come to pass, your fat infected ass will be given the pill just like he wants to do for grandma.

Location hidden

#3694 Feb 8, 2013
Melman68 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't have a job do you bareass?
From the stains you have on your shirt and the puddle you have around your feet, we can be sure if not a job you have a vocation, eh, Mailman? I guess you can be proud you deliver!

Wipe your chin, boy!

Location hidden

#3695 Feb 8, 2013
Melman68 wrote:
Please post the all the stories where the shooter used one of those magazine fed rifles
It isn't hard to find stories of husbands killing their wives with the guns they say they bought for keeping their family safe because it happens every single day, several times a day.

What bubbles to the top are the ones where one of your fellow gun gnutters taking out the entire family... which happens several times a week, every week.

Here's some of the stuff people have to put up with with concealed carriers:

BEND, Ore.(AP)— A Bend woman accidentally shot her husband when her Derringer fell out of her pocket, hit the floor and fired.

KTVZ reports it happened Thursday at a McDonald's restaurant, and about 15 other customers who were inside at the time were startled by the gunfire.

Lt. Chris Carney says 47-year-old Richard Lee Cooper and 48-year-old Barbara Annette Masters were in the dining area when she leaned forward and the gun hit the floor. The impact caused the .22-caliber gun to fire, hitting Cooper in the abdomen. He was taken to St. Charles-Bend hospital in serious condition.

Location hidden

#3696 Feb 8, 2013
Melman68 wrote:
Assaults, stabbings, rapes, robberies, home invasions……..all have increase since they banned guns
You are a liar, Mailman.

But we knew that already.

Arvada, CO

#3697 Feb 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar, Mailman.
But we knew that already.
Wipe your eyes and try not to get too confused by actual facts and the truth their ole baress!

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/02/m-new_...

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

I am aware these links are not from code pink, MSNBC, or currentTV but it is really not that hard to disprove any of the mindless bullshit you spew everytime you post. I am really starting to fell pity for you!

Arvada, CO

#3698 Feb 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't hard to find stories of husbands killing their wives with the guns they say they bought for keeping their family safe because it happens every single day, several times a day.
What bubbles to the top are the ones where one of your fellow gun gnutters taking out the entire family... which happens several times a week, every week.
Here's some of the stuff people have to put up with with concealed carriers:
BEND, Ore.(AP)— A Bend woman accidentally shot her husband when her Derringer fell out of her pocket, hit the floor and fired.
KTVZ reports it happened Thursday at a McDonald's restaurant, and about 15 other customers who were inside at the time were startled by the gunfire.
Lt. Chris Carney says 47-year-old Richard Lee Cooper and 48-year-old Barbara Annette Masters were in the dining area when she leaned forward and the gun hit the floor. The impact caused the .22-caliber gun to fire, hitting Cooper in the abdomen. He was taken to St. Charles-Bend hospital in serious condition.
I would say the need to buy a better quality gun! I would recommend a ruger or my favorite a sig sauer! They don't fire until you pull the trigger. If you need anymore advice on the type of pistol you should buy, please feel free to ask me.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3699 Feb 8, 2013
Melman68 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say the need to buy a better quality gun! I would recommend a ruger or my favorite a sig sauer! They don't fire until you pull the trigger. If you need anymore advice on the type of pistol you should buy, please feel free to ask me.
It's time to quit feeding the liberal trolls.

Arvada, CO

#3700 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>It's time to quit feeding the liberal trolls.
I absolutely agree with you. It is very obvious who and what barefoot2626 is. Any reply is a total waste of time and effort but it is quite sad that any group of people in this country could be as misguided, brainwashed and ugly as they are.
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#3701 Feb 8, 2013
Apparently the government, who calls all 2nd Amendment people crazy, is preparing. Wonder why they are trying to ban the public's rights?

http://drudgegae.iavian.net/r...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3702 Feb 8, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, Bareassss2602 you can regurgitate all the stories and stats that makes you feel important. Most news is one sided, inaccurate and false, the whole story is never told. Think B, the Govt, states and counties are desperate for tax money. The more laws, the more revenue, not rocket science. The more laws, the more lawyers and judges needed to interpret and defend complicated and corrupt institutional bureaucracy."In God We Trust" ans "In Greed We Will Fall".......Later.
'Run away! Run awaaayyy!'

LOL

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3703 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>It's time to quit feeding the liberal trolls.
ROTFLMAO! That may be the (unintentionally) funniest thing you've ever posted here, au Spambo...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3704 Feb 8, 2013
AntiMelting wrote:
Apparently the government, who calls all 2nd Amendment people crazy, is preparing. Wonder why they are trying to ban the public's rights?
http://drudgegae.iavian.net/r...
Apparently you're another right-wing conspiracy loon...
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#3705 Feb 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you're another right-wing conspiracy loon...
Maybe, but also well armed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump bounces into the lead 1 min stop trump 137
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min thetruth 20,592
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Truth is might 201,358
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 25 min Quirky 391,296
News Bernie Sanders Wants Donald Trump To Know He Al... (Dec '15) 27 min stop trump 32
News Clinton On Police Murders: 'Don't Let Hate Infe... 32 min True Judgement 89
News Ex-KKK leader David Duke signs up to run for US... 35 min True Judgement 97
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Limbertwig 233,155
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 3 hr NotSoDivineMsM 205
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 5 hr woodtick57 253
More from around the web