Blair Called a Liar in British Iraq Inquiry

There are 20 comments on the Feb 3, 2010, www.nytimes.com story titled Blair Called a Liar in British Iraq Inquiry. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

Only days after Tony Blair offered an impassioned defense of his decision to take Britain to war in Iraq, a cabinet minister who resigned over the war delivered a blistering condemnation of the former prime minister on Tuesday, accusing him of "conning" her and of deceiving his cabinet, the Parliament and the public in his resolve to have Britain ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#63 Jun 3, 2014
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely correct! Will that war criminal ever be bought to justice?
The Dems were intimdated by Dubya, he should have been impeached for several Constitutional violations..Cindy Sheehan was right for calling them cowards

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#65 Jun 14, 2014
Sadly, Oliver, above is correct (mostly).. While it appears that this was USImperialisn, technically it was not. Rather it was a supremely ignorant foray into adventurist war for profit by those around our wooden-headed president. Cheney, Rumsfeld, and their friends all made Billions, as did Bush's father.

They emptied the US Treasury and destroyed the balance of power in a region that continues to spiral out of control from their murderous meddling.

But back to your real subject; Mr. Tiny Blair. Yes, he knew better. Yes he deliberately followed the Cheney instituted chains of lies; knowing better than Dick Cheney how false they were. Anyone who cannot accept this is lying to himself.

So, it remains, why would Mr Blair follow the trail of lies?
I can only think of one solution; and that is to preserve Britain's position as a first class World power. Abandoning the Anglo / US long standing convention of support would have left Britain somewhere below Spain as a national force in the world.

And so I believe Mr Blair bit the bullet, put a deliberate lie in his mouth, and followed the ignorant American neo-conservates into Hell to preserve Britains first class power status in the world.

Location hidden

#66 Jun 14, 2014
Ditto
writewingproxycontin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty big difference: One was "sure" enough to invade, the other wasn't. One had an itchier trigger finger....
And the d.W.i. Admin lies were different. The 45 minute mushroom cloud hoax from war criminal, lying Condi. The "moblie biological weapons" labs. The "fuel rods." The photos proffered by Powell at the UN of facilities which had been surveyed on the ground after Clinton and before Iraquagmire. The "intelligence report" that was a college student's paper in Britain. The "yellow cake" myth.
The other fact is that Hussein did curtail attempts to obtain nuclear technology from Germany and did decommission a lot of chemical weapons after Clinton and before Bliar and d.W.i. made their oil and military base grab.
But it's true there was majority support for Iraquagmire at the time in the US, just as its true that a majority of Americans thought Hussein wrought the 9/11 attacks. That's because Americans are among the stupidest people on earth when it comes to policy issues.

Location hidden

#67 Jun 22, 2014
time for a sanity break

Location hidden

#68 Jun 23, 2014
Maybe they can write this on my tombstone

Location hidden

#69 Aug 20, 2014
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, Blair was echoing GW Bush's lies. Buy a calendar.
Lmao!

Location hidden

#72 Aug 27, 2014
Tony Blair we accept your resignation
Swedenforever

Washington, DC

#73 Sep 12, 2014
FDR not a Zionista..Im a New Deal progressive
Swedenforever

Fulton, MD

#75 Sep 25, 2014
John Lilburne wrote:
<quoted text>
Then perhaps you as an 'American' might care to learn the full history of WWII - Britain repelled the threat of invasion before the US entered the war - Battle of Britain might just ring a bell with you.
That's not to say FDR didn't do a great deal to help by channelling funds to the UK in defiance of Congress before Pearl Harbour though.
As for Clinton, it really doesn't matter which political group is in power in the White House, they still demand subservience from Britain.
If one good thing has come of this debacle it is this, never again will a British PM, Govt. or Parliament dare to jump to serve a Yankee cause without the full backing of the British people.
FDR was the last American President- smart enough to fight poverty in the rural United States with organized labor contracts, he reigned in Commercial Banking by applying consumer protections. Initially, wasnt really a Hawk until German expansion reached Western Europe..I was watching the Roosevelts on Maryland Public Television last week it was funny to see Chancellor Adolph and his Austrian officials laughing at FDR's warnings..but I think he knew the US had the upper hand..awesome tv series
Swedenforever

United States

#76 Sep 30, 2014
John Lilburne wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly something to be proud of though is it?
B.Liar sold Britian and her armed forces out to the neocon war machine then in office in the US, despite widespread opposition in the country at large.
P.S. The Light Brigade actually got the job done, they took the guns at the end of the valley even though the original instructions were to clear the Russian guns from the heights flanking the battlefield. We are still mired in the mess made in Iraq & Afghanistan.
NeoSerfs
Swedenforever

United States

#78 Oct 1, 2014
Eavesdropping on UN mmembers.Big BrotherPatriot Act is watching
Swedenforever

United States

#79 Oct 3, 2014
Stick a fork in Tony Blair
Gloria

United States

#80 Dec 1, 2014
That's been over a long time ago.
Gloria

United States

#81 Dec 1, 2014
Ego te absolvo wrote:
It's damn troubling how Blair's and other significant testimony is not covered by the media, but as soon as some Left-wing loon starts to talk, the media is all over it.
Zip the fingers please.
Swedenforever

United States

#82 Dec 2, 2014
Swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text> FDR was the last American President- smart enough to fight poverty in the rural United States with organized labor contracts, he reigned in Commercial Banking by applying consumer protections. Initially, wasnt really a Hawk until German expansion reached Western Europe..I was watching the Roosevelts on Maryland Public Television last week it was funny to see Chancellor Adolph and his Austrian officials laughing at FDR's warnings..but I think he knew the US had the upper hand..awesome tv series
Awesome Post, who is this guy..Oh he's Swedenforever

Location hidden

#83 Dec 4, 2014
The Roosevelts
Swedenforever

United States

#84 Dec 5, 2014
The History Channel would like me to take on more responsibility

Location hidden

#85 Jan 21, 2015
No sirprise here

Location hidden

#86 Feb 5, 2015
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, Blair was echoing GW Bush's lies. Buy a calendar.
lol

Location hidden

#87 Feb 18, 2015
Journeyman 71234 wrote:
America owes Blair a debt of gratitude.
His resignation was the first step

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Aura Mytha 161,003
Who do you side with in Ferguson? (Aug '14) 13 min R12 Freon 12,166
Loosing Innocent Lives In An Airstrike: Do the ... 17 min Old Pom 97
News Ferguson's ugly, racist emails released 35 min R12 Freon 664
News Marco Rubio: Desperate for Cuba Deal, Obama Ign... 53 min Liger 44
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr litesong 34,195
News Hillary Clinton - no stranger to controversy 1 hr Sally 203
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 2 hr ItaSta 208
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr VorenusI 324,657
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr John Galt 1,220,549
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr IND 179,323
More from around the web