House Republicans to push $40 billion...

House Republicans to push $40 billion cut to food stamp program

There are 97 comments on the Reuters story from Aug 1, 2013, titled House Republicans to push $40 billion cut to food stamp program. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#96 Aug 6, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, he also recently dropped our National Debt a Trillion Dollars.....

I believe you meant a possible savings of 1 Trillion dollars over the next 100 years. Nice Try Epic Failure
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#97 Aug 6, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
OLD News lets blame his father no wait lets blame President Lincoln after all he was the first Republican President. He only Freed the slaves!
How far back do you want to go for blame?
Bush is hardly "old news (just BAD news)," but since you Repubbies go back to FDR to cast blame, I think Dems should go back to Hoover at least..:)
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#98 Aug 6, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush is hardly "old news (just BAD news)," but since you Repubbies go back to FDR to cast blame, I think Dems should go back to Hoover at least..:)
George W. Bush became Gov. of Texas in 1995.

Barack Obama was on a team of lawyers suing CITIBANK in 1994 for its housing loan procedures, leading to out of court settlement.

Now we learn thru the revelation of a Government Accounting Office Audit of the Federal Reserve, that between 2007-2010, Citigroup received 2.5 TRILLION Plus in SECRET LOANS, just to keep the institution stable.

So you see, OBAMA was already screwing up the economy before "W".

http://www.silverdoctors.com/gao-audit-reveal...
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#99 Aug 6, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
I will go back to Woodrow Wilson. Fiat currency, Federal Senators not elected by state legislatures anymore, Federal income tax...World War 1. Oh yeah..

“For God & Country”

#100 Aug 6, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way I can see the Republicans going back to FDR is if the current President is comparing himself to FDR
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#102 Aug 6, 2013
I can't really see the advantage of comparing the Horrific Presidencies of Bush and Obama.

As Jesse Ventura stated.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/jesse-ventu... -
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpol...

"I can't see any difference in government between Bush and Obama apart from the color of their skin," Ventura is quoted as saying.
----------

Over 2/3 of the NATIONAL DEBT exists because of those GLOBALIST BANKSTER Puppets.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#103 Aug 6, 2013
tea-baggage wrote:
<quoted text>
de facto GOP leader Drugs Limbaugh has long blown hard about how FDR is the root of all Democrat party evil.
when Drugs talks – GOPee-baggers listen.
One has to admire FDR for opposing "Public Service Unions".

http://www.conservativeblog.org/amyridenour/2...
----------

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#104 Aug 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I will go back to Woodrow Wilson. Fiat currency, Federal Senators not elected by state legislatures anymore, Federal income tax...World War 1. Oh yeah..
You can go back to the Stone Age, where you and the rest of the teabag troglodytes belong.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#105 Aug 6, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you meant a possible savings of 1 Trillion dollars over the next 100 years. Nice Try Epic Failure
Look it up.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#106 Aug 6, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>How?
Part of it was raising taxes on the top 2%.....$17.7 during the Election, and now $16.4 trillion dollars....

“For God & Country”

#107 Aug 6, 2013
tea-baggage wrote:
<quoted text>
de facto GOP leader Drugs Limbaugh has long blown hard about how FDR is the root of all Democrat party evil.
when Drugs talks – GOPee-baggers listen.
The truth of the matter is FDR and the Democrats of then do not even resemble the Democrats of today. There are not even close to JFK Democrats. Ah the good old days! Back when dirt was new!
You do know that 2 of history’s greatest liberals were: Stalin & Mao

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#109 Aug 6, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth of the matter is FDR and the Democrats of then do not even resemble the Democrats of today. There are not even close to JFK Democrats. Ah the good old days! Back when dirt was new!
You do know that 2 of history’s greatest liberals were: Stalin & Mao
I always knew that. And the first liberal was Atilla The Hun. Moron bagger bnut.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#110 Aug 6, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Part of it was raising taxes on the top 2%.....$17.7 during the Election, and now $16.4 trillion dollars....
Of course that Babboon will take credit for money saved, even though he said it was taking food from the poor. Now he wll say I wanted to save money all along. LOL
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#111 Aug 7, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush became Gov. of Texas in 1995.
Barack Obama was on a team of lawyers suing CITIBANK in 1994 for its housing loan procedures, leading to out of court settlement.
Now we learn thru the revelation of a Government Accounting Office Audit of the Federal Reserve, that between 2007-2010, Citigroup received 2.5 TRILLION Plus in SECRET LOANS, just to keep the institution stable.
So you see, OBAMA was already screwing up the economy before "W".
http://www.silverdoctors.com/gao-audit-reveal...
Um, sure, if you believe that suing someone for breaking the law or behaving unethically is the same as "screwing up the economy."

I don't blame Dubya for the recession, incidentally. Both Repubs and Dems helped deregulate banks, etc. and encouraged the real estate bubble which led to the recession. And Wall St. itself is most of all to blame.

FYI
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#114 Aug 8, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I will go back to Woodrow Wilson. Fiat currency, Federal Senators not elected by state legislatures anymore, Federal income tax...World War 1. Oh yeah..
Wilson, FWIW, was a terrible President. Lefties hate him because he got us to vote for him in 1916 on an anti-war platform and then promptly got us into WWI the next year (thus, also, the income tax, which I don't have a problem with).

He was also a racist, and his wife was President the last year or so he was in office because they concealed the fact he'd suffered a stroke.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#115 Aug 8, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I always knew that. And the first liberal was Atilla The Hun. Moron bagger bnut.
Attila was an anti (Roman) government, crazeeee, Ted Nugent-style anarchist wild man! YEEE-HAAAAA!

;)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#116 Aug 8, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
The mortgage crisis happened under George W. Bush.
The deepest recession since the Great Depression happened
under George W. Bush.
The worst attack against America since Pearl Harbor
happened under George W. Bush.
Have you forgotten already?
Or is this just another case of terminal self-inflicted
amnesia so common to conservatives?
I taught you well my son..good post Gary, the truth hurts them thats why CONS dont talk about what Cheyney,Powell, and Paulson did to this country!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump endorses boycott of NFL 1 min spud 139
News John McCain: Brain cancer prognosis very poor 3 min tony 25
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min swampmudd 31,669
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 4 min spud 25
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,604,173
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Who Cares 289,491
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min loose cannon 242,629
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 25 min spud 139
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 41 min Covfefe 514
More from around the web