Race in America: Why are blacks being...

Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?

There are 9913 comments on the Washington Times story from Jul 8, 2013, titled Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?. In it, Washington Times reports that:

WASHINGTON , July 8, 2013 - Last week's Rasmussen poll revealed some surprising and disturbing information about the way Americans think about race in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#4221 Aug 17, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't africa now is it?
I don't give a rat's ass what's happening in africa.
Also, anyone who works in Law Enforcement like as cops, security officers, etc.... can not have a prison record. As well as in the military they can not have records.
And there are Blacks who work those jobs in America here.
Plus, in Post #4141 you said
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one, single black man that DOESN'T have a crime record - just one.
You can't because there is no such thing.
You did NOT specify any given area.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4222 Aug 17, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly and all Jessie Jackson Sr. and Al Sharpton have done all along with the Pseudo Liberal Democrats starting in the 1960's is literally turned the majority of Blacks into Useful Idiots & voters and which they knew the Blacks would become dependent on the Pseudo Liberal Democrat's Great Society entitlement programs and Bill Cosby was right to criticize the Blacks & the Black Culture here in the US at the NAACP 2004 meeting delivered May 17 2004 at Constitution Hall in Washington D.C. Which Blacks like Jessie Jackson Sr. and Al Sharpton were shocked that Bill Cosby told the truth and if we only really knew then probably Jessie Jackson Sr. would of liked to cut off Bill Cosby's Nuts off too for talking down the Black People on Bill Cosby's faith based of what is wrong with Black America which Jessie Jackson Sr. and Al Sharpton have no use for anyone who is out to tell the truth and we know how Jessie Jackson Sr felt about Obama and alot of it has to do with the fact that Obama is half white and was raised by whites and his White grandmother had the biggest impact on Obama.
Bill Cosby
Address at the NAACP'
delivered 17 May 2004, Constitution Hall, Washington D.C.
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/bill...
"CUT Obamas Balls off?" Nas Reacts to Jesse Jackson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AnLra64GX-QXX
People can follow whoever they desire. But who they follow reflects what those followers are like and have in mind.

It's like the whole Rap thing. Many blame whites because they are the producers of that idiotic music, but what they do is cater to the stupid, and the stupid freely gives their money to them.

When blacks have little to say about people like Cosby, Thomas, Rice and so on, but get all riled up about Al and Jackson, what does that say about your average black person? Sharpton and Jackson are really doing nothing wrong. Like the Rap producers, they are giving their followers what they want.

Supporting these clowns tells me that the black race is still way behind in education. It tells me they embellish race discrepancies. It tells me they wish to continue blaming everybody else but themselves. It tells me that accepting responsibility and the continuance to use excuses for their lot in life will be the norm for at least another generation and probably more.

My father could tell you stories about growing up that would make you cry. But if I used what happened to my father, my grandfather, my great grandfather and the fathers before him as an excuse for laziness or failure, where would I be today?
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#4223 Aug 17, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, anyone who works in Law Enforcement like as cops, security officers, etc.... can not have a prison record. As well as in the military they can not have records.
And there are Blacks who work those jobs in America here.
Plus, in Post #4141 you said <quoted text> You did NOT specify any given area.
Those aren't blacks, those are 'uncle toms' as designated by other blacks because they don't subscribe to the ghetto attitude of 'spend your life on welfare to stick it to whitey', never get a job, never make anything of yourself, only participate in society if it's free and handed to you through affirmative action, and be a living, breathing stereotype playing the 'victim' role because "look what mean ole mr. whitey did" even though the majority of blacks now have NEVER had a relative that was a "slave" HERE (you like you project the problems in africa on america) or were ever affected by slavery at all.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4224 Aug 17, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
People can follow whoever they desire. But who they follow reflects what those followers are like and have in mind.
It's like the whole Rap thing. Many blame whites because they are the producers of that idiotic music, but what they do is cater to the stupid, and the stupid freely gives their money to them.
When blacks have little to say about people like Cosby, Thomas, Rice and so on, but get all riled up about Al and Jackson, what does that say about your average black person? Sharpton and Jackson are really doing nothing wrong. Like the Rap producers, they are giving their followers what they want.
Supporting these clowns tells me that the black race is still way behind in education. It tells me they embellish race discrepancies. It tells me they wish to continue blaming everybody else but themselves. It tells me that accepting responsibility and the continuance to use excuses for their lot in life will be the norm for at least another generation and probably more.
My father could tell you stories about growing up that would make you cry. But if I used what happened to my father, my grandfather, my great grandfather and the fathers before him as an excuse for laziness or failure, where would I be today?
That is what I have been saying all along that the Pseudo Liberal Democrats along with Jessie Jackson Sr. and Al Sharpton have been suppressing the Blacks for years Socially and Economically for their own personal gains and the majority of Blacks have been for it and they believe everything that Jessie Jackson Sr. and Al Sharpton says as if their words are the gospel but these policies that Pseudo Liberal Democrats along with Jessie Jackson Sr. and Al Sharpton are promoting is costing the US Socially and Economically especially and as long as the Blacks continue to support & allow Jessie Jackson Sr. and Al Sharpton to control the National Debate nothing is going to change Socially or Economically for the Blacks here in the US including Race Relations because Racism is Jessie Jackson Sr. and Al Sharpton's Livelihood and is the only thing they know.

Location hidden

#4225 Aug 17, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Those aren't blacks, those are 'uncle toms' as designated by other blacks because they don't subscribe to the ghetto attitude of 'spend your life on welfare to stick it to whitey', never get a job, never make anything of yourself, only participate in society if it's free and handed to you through affirmative action, and be a living, breathing stereotype playing the 'victim' role because "look what mean ole mr. whitey did" even though the majority of blacks now have NEVER had a relative that was a "slave" HERE (you like you project the problems in africa on america) or were ever affected by slavery at all.
Your exactly right that is what the Blacks consider Blacks in those positions as Uncle Toms and there was Blacks in Detroit I worked with would tell you that and have no use for Blacks like that especially Blacks as police officers.

Minneapolis, MN

#4226 Aug 17, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
They are men who are trying to provide for their families. And many of them have realized to get ahead. That one must have respect in themselves from themselves as well as from those around them.
YOU are the one labeling them as 'uncle toms' because they do not fit your stereotyping of Blacks.

Minneapolis, MN

#4227 Aug 17, 2013
There you go again wrote:
<quoted text>
your the one that wants more free stuff!!! It's a black thing!!!!!!!
No, that is the occupy america thing.. You do remember those groups of folks who were camping out at the various places in various cities and tried to get businesses to give them free stuff.
I was in downtown Minneapolis doing my civil duty by answering the call to jury duty. And I was seeing a batch of college aged brats who thought America owed them a living. Kids whose parents gave them everything they wanted as kids. And they thought that the rest of society like their parents owed them a living. Many of them stunk due to them not taking baths, and not taking care of themselves. Brats who thought that they had the right to camp on as well as destroy property that did not belong to them. Brats who also screamed at the city for not making sure the streets stayed summer warm and dry in early winter.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/11/09-0

Location hidden

#4228 Aug 17, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
They are men who are trying to provide for their families. And many of them have realized to get ahead. That one must have respect in themselves from themselves as well as from those around them.
YOU are the one labeling them as 'uncle toms' because they do not fit your stereotyping of Blacks.
Blacks in Detroit do feel that way especially towards the Blacks that live outside of Detroit in the suburbs are considered Uncle Toms and here is proof since I dont want people to think I making it up because that is the way Blacks in Detroit are and Feel and proof of Jessie Jackson's Rainbow Push Coalition and of Al Sharpton’s National Action Network keeping the Blacks fired and Racism alive.

Opponents Label Detroit Emergency Manager An ‘Uncle Tom’

“Uncle Tom” is a derogatory term for a black man considered by other African-Americans to be subservient to, or to curry favor with, whites.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/03/14/detroi...
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#4229 Aug 17, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, it's whitey's fault again even though blacks call them 'uncle toms' all the time.

Do you even pay attention to the world around you or are you just being typically liberal - contrary for the sake of being contrary?

Get a clue.

You keep posting all these so-called "facts", which we all know you go look up on google just before you post because you have no actual knowledge to base anything on as evidenced by the fact you obviously weren't paying attention while the blacks were calling black republicans uncle tom's and anyone else who doesn't display the ghetto attitude of "ALL whites were slave masters and ALL blacks were slaves".

Piss off, done with you.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#4230 Aug 17, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>not self-serving, racist and sterotyping comments at all and are not standard and are not right-wing Propaganda talking points repeated over and over like a retarded Parrot or a broken record and your lies along with the others are getting old and tired Incidentally, if anything those pure black folks that you admire so much are still selling young boys and girls into sex-slavery to this very day and you are another that denys the facts and doesn't like the facts for what they are and all you guys are doing is promoting Black Racism with your lies!
The Origins of the African Slave Trade
Back to History | by Piero Scaruffi
In 1807 Britain outlawed slavery. In 1820 the king of the African kingdom of Ashanti inquired why the Christians did not want to trade slaves with him anymore, since they worshipped the same god as the Muslims and the Muslims were continuing the trade like before.
The civil rights movement of the 1960's have left many people with the belief that the slave trade was exclusively a European/USA phenomenon and only evil white people were to blame for it. This is a simplistic scenario that hardly reflects the facts.
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/slavetra.htm...
Townhall Meeting on Sex Trafficking in the Black Community Aims To Get More Men of Color to Speak Out
San Diego, CA (April 2, 2013)-- From April 11th through the 14th, hundreds of members and supporters of the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity will convene in Las Vegas for the fraternity's 2013 Leadership Conference. The organization's San Diego Chapter, best known for its exemplary leadership and representation of the African American man, has recently partnered with a San Diego based non-profit organization for girls called Nu(me)r.a.l.s.
Together, the two organizations are kicking off a campaign created by Nu(me)r.a.l.s. called "Gentlemen Don't John," in an effort to get more men of color to speak out against the atrocity of sex trafficking. On April 11th, the first day of the conference, Nu(me)r.a.l.s. will sponsor a Town Hall meeting on Sex Trafficking in the Black community, bringing more awareness to the attendees about the issue.
With around 40% of the girls trafficked in this nation being African American, Nu(me)r.a.l.s. Executive Director and Founder, Chida R. Warren-Darby, thought it imperative to get more African American men to commit to speaking out against the issue as well as urge other men not to "john." "Sex Trafficking has gotten a lot of national attention in recent years, but not enough light has been shed on the fact that the number of victims being trafficked is extremely high in the Black community." Sex trafficking occurs when people are forced into or coerced into the commercial sex trade against their will. Child sex trafficking includes any child involved in commercial sex.
http://www.blacknews.com/news/numerals_townha...
What's your point, it's history that no one disputes!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4231 Aug 17, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've yet to meet any white person who ever used the term Uncle Tom. It's much more common among blacks who don't like people drifting off the reservation.
Just wondering

Oakland, CA

#4232 Aug 17, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Origins of the African Slave Trade
Back to History | by Piero Scaruffi
San Diego, CA (April 2, 2013)-- From April 11th through the 14th, hundreds of members and supporters of the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity will convene in Las Vegas for the fraternity's 2013 Leadership Conference. The organization's San Diego Chapter, best known for its exemplary leadership and representation of the African American man, has recently partnered with a San Diego based non-profit organization for girls called Nu(me)r.a.l.s.
Together, the two organizations are kicking off a campaign created by Nu(me)r.a.l.s. called "Gentlemen Don't John," in an effort to get more men of color to speak out against the atrocity of sex trafficking. On April 11th, the first day of the conference, Nu(me)r.a.l.s. will sponsor a Town Hall meeting on Sex Trafficking in the Black community, bringing more awareness to the attendees about the issue.
With around 40% of the girls trafficked in this nation being African American, Nu(me)r.a.l.s. Executive Director and Founder, Chida R. Warren-Darby, thought it imperative to get more African American men to commit to speaking out against the issue as well as urge other men not to "john." "Sex Trafficking has gotten a lot of national attention in recent years, but not enough light has been shed on the fact that the number of victims being trafficked is extremely high in the Black community." Sex trafficking occurs when people are forced into or coerced into the commercial sex trade against their will. Child sex trafficking includes any child involved in commercial sex.
http://www.blacknews.com/news/numerals_townha...
Every single time the heinous topic of slavery in America comes up, you or some other white imbecile - actually trying to sound smart – will trot out the tired old "Europeans just bought them from Africans", like some spoiled child in kindergarden/nursery, "he did it first miss", making it seem like white people are now the child-like ones, needing basic right and wrong lessons. "No Jonny, two wrongs don't make a right". This argument is baseless and self-serving on so many levels and for so many reasons. You are a typical ignorant American. Ignorant is not an insult. The last official legal African slave died in Montgomery Alabama in 1948.
- If you really think all of the slaves taken from Africa where sold by Africans you either have a room-temp IQ or have never thought about it in any sort of realistic way.
- Buying a human being, including a child, pregnant woman, baby is wrong, regardless of who's selling. For example would you pay for sex with some trafficked woman I was keeping in my basement that I kidnapped?
- "Africans weren't viewed as human beings at that time" Unless Europeans are not the highly evolved, Aryan, superhuman, all inventing, all conquering, all rich, all knowing, ultra high IQ, master race that we've been led to believe they are, anyone with an ounce of brain power knows what a human being looks like - do you need me to explain to you what a human being looks like?
Why don't white people just accept it as pure evil, self-examine, and try to do better, instead of coming up with lame excuses. Isn't better for someone to admit they don't know or was wrong, than to try and BS their way out of responsibility.
White people have benefit unfairly from it and they still do today. For example slaves couldn't even own property; they couldn't pass down wealth to their children. Today their children's, children are dirt poor as a result. In turn this means white people have more money to start more companies and hire more white people.
I'm not surprised you right-wing moron cannot see the travesty in this. You lack empathy and any form of compassion. I guess those things are unnecessary evolutionary flaws.

Since: Oct 12

Gray, GA

#4233 Aug 17, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Every single time the heinous topic of slavery in America comes up, you or some other white imbecile - actually trying to sound smart – will trot out the tired old "Europeans just bought them from Africans", like some spoiled child in kindergarden/nursery, "he did it first miss", making it seem like white people are now the child-like ones, needing basic right and wrong lessons. "No Jonny, two wrongs don't make a right". This argument is baseless and self-serving on so many levels and for so many reasons. You are a typical ignorant American. Ignorant is not an insult. The last official legal African slave died in Montgomery Alabama in 1948.
- If you really think all of the slaves taken from Africa where sold by Africans you either have a room-temp IQ or have never thought about it in any sort of realistic way.
- Buying a human being, including a child, pregnant woman, baby is wrong, regardless of who's selling. For example would you pay for sex with some trafficked woman I was keeping in my basement that I kidnapped?
- "Africans weren't viewed as human beings at that time" Unless Europeans are not the highly evolved, Aryan, superhuman, all inventing, all conquering, all rich, all knowing, ultra high IQ, master race that we've been led to believe they are, anyone with an ounce of brain power knows what a human being looks like - do you need me to explain to you what a human being looks like?
Why don't white people just accept it as pure evil, self-examine, and try to do better, instead of coming up with lame excuses. Isn't better for someone to admit they don't know or was wrong, than to try and BS their way out of responsibility.
White people have benefit unfairly from it and they still do today. For example slaves couldn't even own property; they couldn't pass down wealth to their children. Today their children's, children are dirt poor as a result. In turn this means white people have more money to start more companies and hire more white people.
I'm not surprised you right-wing moron cannot see the travesty in this. You lack empathy and any form of compassion. I guess those things are unnecessary evolutionary flaws.
you can twist it all you want but I can care less what you and your ancestors did!!!!!what are you doing???! Taking money out of my pocket that's what!!!! I didn't have the fun of making you so I don't want to support you!!!! If you can't write your own destiny lay down and Wallow in your own self pity I for one have had enough of the poor black act. Blacks use to have more respect for themselves but as of late they have sold there soul to the dems for a free ride!!!!
Who Dat

Houston, TX

#4234 Aug 17, 2013
You're one of the most pathetic insecure individual in the world. And you racist have the nerve to talk about black people wining when not getting their way...lol
You wasn't enslaved, beaten, raped disenfranchised, stigmatized and other inhumane treatment, and you think you have problems? You don't no what bad treatment is. You're a weak piece of shiyt! What have you been through that a black person haven't 100 times worse???

The more you post, the more you give critical evidence how jealous and insecure white racist like yourself are! Blame the victims huh???
<quoted text>
I might be but the blacks like what dat made me what I Am!!!!!!!! I hope he's happy!!!! Lolololil

Location hidden

#4235 Aug 17, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single time the heinous topic of slavery in America comes up, you or some other white imbecile - actually trying to sound smart – will trot out the tired old "Europeans just bought them from Africans", like some spoiled child in kindergarden/nursery, "he did it first miss", making it seem like white people are now the child-like ones, needing basic right and wrong lessons. "No Jonny, two wrongs don't make a right". This argument is baseless and self-serving on so many levels and for so many reasons. You are a typical ignorant American. Ignorant is not an insult. The last official legal African slave died in Montgomery Alabama in 1948.
spoko or frank whatever you want to call yourself now you know it is the truth and you left wing morons cannot see the travesty in siding with the Left Wing Pseudo Liberal Democrats years ago and no one to blame but yourselves for your social and economical failures and like I said before Blacks today are nothing like the Blacks years ago that had the Entrepreneur Drive to succeed in life like and didnt dwell on slavery & the past like Garrett Morgan, George Washington Carver, & Booker T. Washington who wanted to succeed and didn't whin and want to play the blame game like they do today post daily here for their own lack of Entrepreneur Drive besides Garrett Morgan, George Washington Carver, & Booker T. Washington had it alot harder than what todays Blacks got it besides the fact back then there wasnt free handouts like the Blacks are accustomed to today and Garrett Morgan, George Washington Carver, & Booker T. Washington would be applaud at the Direction the Blacks have taken here in US Social & Economically at their own choosing.

Garrett Morgan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrett_Morgan

George Washington Carver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washingto...

Booker T. Washington

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booker_T._Washin...

Location hidden

#4236 Aug 17, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point, it's history that no one disputes!
that is just recent this year talking about the Black Culture in California and what is going on.
Who Dat

Houston, TX

#4237 Aug 17, 2013
Especially the ones I'm always helping them with employment, plus putting food on their tables. Did I mention most have used welfare benefits?
Don't feel sorry for them, it's you who needs help....lol
<quoted text>
there's also whites that like black ppl!!! I'm not one of them!!!!!! I feel sorry for your so-called white friends!!! I'll bet they think your special!!!!!!!
Who Dat

Houston, TX

#4238 Aug 17, 2013
How many times African americans have forgiven white people for beating, raping, shooting, hanging and killing their love ones? After all thing bad, many black people still decided to hate. But you guys do.

So re-think who's sick?
<quoted text>
you are one sick black azz
Who Dat

Houston, TX

#4239 Aug 17, 2013
Hey hypocrite, doesn't that go for many people? Tons of you white guys have records, in and out of rehabs silently. Think of all the rich, educated white guys from wealthy families going crazy committing devastating crimes. History have proven many were covered up by entitlement's of influence. Hell, all day everyday on TV's Life Time, true life stories are being played out for all to see twisted minds of Caucasian people. I'm watching one as I speak. White man abducts a young student girl because he was too lonely, now you know rape took place. But many are more gruesome real life tragedies being played out..

Before TV and internet, plus more educated black travelers finding out about history, such as myself, you guys can no longer lie, hide or fool us!
<quoted text>
how do you know his records are sealed
spocko

Oakland, CA

#4241 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>
you can twist it all you want but I can care less what you and your ancestors did!!!!!what are you doing???! Taking money out of my pocket that's what!!!! I didn't have the fun of making you so I don't want to support you!!!! If you can't write your own destiny lay down and Wallow in your own self pity I for one have had enough of the poor black act. Blacks use to have more respect for themselves but as of late they have sold there soul to the dems for a free ride!!!!
What else is new - moron!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Injudgement 1,521,413
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Buster Steinbeizer 240,317
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 6 min southern at heart 1,522
News New Mexico Legislature sues governor in escalat... 6 min Cordwainer Trout 12
News Ivanka Trump advocates for women, girls in trip... 10 min anonymous 2
News Court: New Orleans can remove 3 Confederate mon... 14 min RushFan666 40
News Elizabeth Warren: 'Fearless' foe against a char... 39 min anonymous 73
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 51 min huntcoyotes 266
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 2 hr Hank 149
News Racism motivated Trump voters more than authori... 3 hr Mitt s Santorum S... 283
Gay Skype !! 4 hr Hello 352
More from around the web