Immigration reform appears stalled

Immigration reform appears stalled

There are 109 comments on the The Salinas Californian story from Sep 25, 2013, titled Immigration reform appears stalled. In it, The Salinas Californian reports that:

While strawberry fields in the Salinas Valley are being plowed under because there are not enough skilled laborers to harvest the crops, a comprehensive immigration reform bill has been stalled by the GOP-controlled House.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Salinas Californian.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Sep 25, 2013
why do we need 20+ million illegals to farm our crops? from what I've read, we only need about 2 million to do this. and we already have a legal process in place to bring in people temporary if they are needed.

NO AMNESTY. NOT NECESSARY. nor is it in our best interest.
Brenda besson

United States

#2 Sep 25, 2013
We dont need them.they think its stalled ,its dead,been dead.never going to happen.now everyone out the party is over mofos
African

Bronx, NY

#3 Sep 25, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
We dont need them.they think its stalled ,its dead,been dead.never going to happen.now everyone out the party is over mofos
Do you scare of immigrants ? They
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#4 Sep 25, 2013
African wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you scare of immigrants ? They
TRY English next time.
African

Bronx, NY

#5 Sep 25, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
why do we need 20+ million illegals to farm our crops? from what I've read, we only need about 2 million to do this. and we already have a legal process in place to bring in people temporary if they are needed.
NO AMNESTY. NOT NECESSARY. nor is it in our best interest.
Why do you guys scare of immigrants ? You afraid because they do what you can't do ? I'm an immigrant, and I believe I can do better in my own country by working hard the way I do in US. Don't worry, because if the Congress doesn't vote for, we'll go back home to work hard to develop our nations. But you never know, some day you could be an immigrant then you'll know how hard it is for being a part of illegal people. Enjoy !
African

Bronx, NY

#6 Sep 25, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>TRY English next time.
English is not my first language.
African

Bronx, NY

#7 Sep 25, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>TRY English next time.
A day will come when you'll want immigrants to be by your side but you won't. When people will realize that working hard in their own country is the only to make it strong economically and peaceful, nobody will immigrate. Do you see China now ? Think about that. Take it easy !
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#8 Sep 25, 2013
African wrote:
<quoted text>
English is not my first language.
No me diga.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#9 Sep 25, 2013
African wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you guys scare of immigrants ? You afraid because they do what you can't do ? I'm an immigrant, and I believe I can do better in my own country by working hard the way I do in US. Don't worry, because if the Congress doesn't vote for, we'll go back home to work hard to develop our nations. But you never know, some day you could be an immigrant then you'll know how hard it is for being a part of illegal people. Enjoy !
You choose to break our immigration laws and to be an illegal immigrant. A sovereign nation has an obligation to protect our borders. All other nations do the same.
Adale

Baltimore, MD

#10 Sep 25, 2013
California is slowly legalizing the illegal immergrants. Look it up.
All against federal law.

It's a game of political control, power. Can't be stopped because the Obama admin has chosen to ignore it.
Instead they go after states like Arizona that have passed laws to deal with the issue.

Remember, bush ignored this just like Obama has. No political will and the citizens are focused on getting fat, drunk,or on drugs.
Si Se Puede

Teaneck, NJ

#11 Sep 25, 2013
African wrote:
<quoted text>
English is not my first language.
English is not your first language but your message is loud and clear. I commend you for telling all these ignorant trash that life is a ring.
What goes around comes around and they never know when they can be in someone else's shoes.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#12 Sep 25, 2013
Si Se Puede wrote:
<quoted text>
English is not your first language but your message is loud and clear. I commend you for telling all these ignorant trash that life is a ring.
What goes around comes around and they never know when they can be in someone else's shoes.
I don't envision traveling to a foreign country and entering illegally. As to ignorant trash, you must be illegal ignorant trash, pendejo.
Si Se Puede

Teaneck, NJ

#13 Sep 25, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I don't envision traveling to a foreign country and entering illegally. As to ignorant trash, you must be illegal ignorant trash, pendejo.
If it makes you feel better then yes I'm illegal just like you.
Ignorant maybe because I'm taking the time to acknowledge you but trash don't think so. To me every human being deserves respect and compassion. What make you trash is your lack of humanity.
NYM8387

Warwick, RI

#14 Sep 26, 2013
Si Se Puede wrote:
<quoted text>
If it makes you feel better then yes I'm illegal just like you.
Ignorant maybe because I'm taking the time to acknowledge you but trash don't think so. To me every human being deserves respect and compassion. What make you trash is your lack of humanity.
more anchor baby talk?
NYM8387

Warwick, RI

#15 Sep 26, 2013
Si Se Puede wrote:
<quoted text>
English is not your first language but your message is loud and clear. I commend you for telling all these ignorant trash that life is a ring.
What goes around comes around and they never know when they can be in someone else's shoes.
Even if that's true,I seriously doubt your illegal parents home country is the place people will be flocking to.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#16 Sep 26, 2013
The articles says they can't get enough skilled workers to pick strawberries. Skilled? The growers are worried about their slave labor, that's what this is all about. They should be paying a competitive wage to an American instead of depending on our government to subsidize them with cheap illegal labor. Anybody could pick strawberries, regardless what this goofy article says. You could even train monkeys to pick strawberries.
Brenda besson

United States

#17 Sep 26, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>You choose to break our immigration laws and to be an illegal immigrant. A sovereign nation has an obligation to protect our borders. All other nations do the same.
right on
Brenda besson

United States

#18 Sep 26, 2013
Adale wrote:
California is slowly legalizing the illegal immergrants. Look it up.
All against federal law.
It's a game of political control, power. Can't be stopped because the Obama admin has chosen to ignore it.
Instead they go after states like Arizona that have passed laws to deal with the issue.
Remember, bush ignored this just like Obama has. No political will and the citizens are focused on getting fat, drunk,or on drugs.
true,its a dam shame,jerry brown does not play with a full deck.
Brenda besson

United States

#19 Sep 26, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I don't envision traveling to a foreign country and entering illegally. As to ignorant trash, you must be illegal ignorant trash, pendejo.
no one ever wants to live anywhere but america.thats why these people bust in here and think they can stay.everybody out clean up america.amen
Brenda besson

United States

#21 Sep 26, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> more anchor baby talk?
may they all stay illegal,and get out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret CIA assessment says Russia intervened in... 1 min Mikey 98
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Aquarius-wy 1,460,461
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min District 1 231,241
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min USA 13,254
News Cooper names NC governor transition team Read S... 8 min Muffy Pierce 18
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 10 min Trump your President 3,234
News White rage and racist thought: How history puts... 12 min Mikey 98
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 26 min replaytime 217,131
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 28 min Trump failed Us 404,335
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr Duke David 686
More from around the web