Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party?

Jan 12, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Ledger

Rep. Ron Paul's 1988 Libertarian Presidential campaign started with great promise: A former four-term Republican US Congressman running on the ticket of America's third largest party. via National Ledger

Comments
28,381 - 28,400 of 29,296 Comments Last updated May 13, 2014
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29402
Dec 6, 2012
 
UIdiotraceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>i talking about One-man /one woman is enough for me. Of course they be problem in any relationship , that is given ! duh Duh DUH! BWHAHHHAHAaaa
That's up to you, how you want to live, it's not how I want to live. Life is way too short to put up with problems.
Crazy n Nutty Politics

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29404
Dec 7, 2012
 
GREAT NEWS...US ADDS 146,000 jobs....wait for it..

BAD NEWS..Majority of new jobs pay low wages.

lolol

Welcome to America folks. I swear I should become a politician. Back in high school (I'll be 59 this year) I predicted that you are going to require a Phd to sweep floors. Damn I'm good.

"While a majority of jobs lost during the downturn were in the middle range of wages, a majority of those added during the recovery have been low paying, according to a new report from the National Employment Law Project"

"The report looked at 366 occupations tracked by the Labor Department and clumped them into three equal groups by wage, with each representing a third of American employment in 2008. The middle third — occupations in fields like construction, manufacturing and information, with median hourly wages of $13.84 to $21.13 — accounted for 60 percent of job losses from the beginning of 2008 to early 2010."

I just hope my neice and grandaughter (who both have college degrees and debt) don't lose their retail jobs or else they're going to have to move in with Grandpa.(So best buy..please keep them working even if it's at 8$/hr)

Sincerely,

Grandpa.
Bill R

Elma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29405
Dec 7, 2012
 
UIdiotraceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>You been to 60s but somehow you forgotteuln humility and human rights issues ... as too 60s counter culture is no go for me, but you should look at human rights issues, world peace, instead you let all them drugs, counter culture stuffs ect cloud your mind by politics and money.
Not about Moral or intellectual superiority but about world human rights... you naive, corrupted politics and money agendas had taken hold of you ...
Congressman tell the truth about corrupted US.
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
-----
Congressman RP: Democrats and Republicans Are Dinosaurs
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Sonny, I cannot help but share with you the fact that I find
this and other posts you have directed to me do not anger me;
rather I find them amusing. But before giving a few more
details about what we are doing, I'd point out that you seem
either unable or unwilling to provide us with any evidence,
anecdotal or otherwise, about how you yourself actually work
for the goals you profess to represent right where you live.

I've forgotten nothing, but I would point out that foregoing
a free doctoral education in favor of working for approximately
one half of what I could have made elsewhere in order to live
and work on a reservation (rather than just reading "Bury My Heart
at Wounded Knee" and believing I actually DID something) and being directly involved in the civil rights movement and ... horrors
for Easy ... the push for full rights for women.

As I sit here my wife and I care for more than a dozen animals
given to animal rescue because their original owners could not
care for them properly. We pay for all their room and board
and medical costs. We donate 10% of our crops and local animal
rescue and provide the equipment to recover and begin essential
treatment for them.

Lest you think we care only about animals, I am on the board
of directors of Food for ***** County and contribute several
thousands of dollars for the destitute and homeless. I also
am heavily involved in 3 other local service organizations
that include service to veterans. I employ 3 people who have
suffered from post traumatic stress and cover their expenses
to received treatment at VA hospitals (both more than 90
miles away). We have received numerous awards for community
service and scratch our heads wondering why simply doing the
right and moral thing qualifies us (or anyone else) for awards.

Speaking more to your localized situation, we have given
directly to a family member who lives on Staten Island and
and another near Seaside Heights. The diffuse utterances about
"world peace" mean little to those who are simply looking for
a clean bed, warm place, and some evidence that people care about them. What you have presented to us here has been nothing more
than pseudo-60s nonsense about the evils of government which
conveniently seems to excuse you from personal responsibility
for anything.

You'll have to try harder to attack me (us) while you provide
nothing in the way of evidence that you do anything more than
preach peace comfortably at your computer. Personally, my
wife and I take most pleasure in giving away so much to
charitable works that they receive virtually nothing for
their war machine.

Thanks for listening ..... now give us some specifics about
your credentials before you attack anyone here, whether it be
me or Easy. Nothing I have said has had one hoot to do with
Republicans or Democrats .... the terms mean little or nothing
to me which, as I have said countless times, is why I am and
will continue to be an independent.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29406
Dec 7, 2012
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
...them amusing. But before giving a few more
details about what we are doing, I'd point out that you seem
either unable or unwilling to provide us with any evidence,
anecdotal or otherwise, about how you yourself actually work
for the goals you profess to represent right where you live.
I've forgotten nothing, but I would point out that foregoing
a free doctoral education in favor of working for approximately
one half of what I could have made elsewhere in order to live
and work on a reservation (rather than just reading "Bury My Heart
at Wounded Knee" and believing I actually DID something) and being directly involved in the civil rights movement and ... horrors
for Easy ... the push for full rights for women.
As I sit here my wife and I care for more than a dozen animals
given to animal rescue because their original owners could not
care for them properly. We pay for all their room and board
and medical costs. We donate 10% of our crops and local animal
rescue and provide the equipment to recover and begin essential
treatment for them.
Lest you think we care only about animals, I am on the board
of directors of Food for ***** County and contribute several
thousands of dollars for the destitute and homeless. I also
am heavily involved in 3 other local service organizations
that include service to veterans. I employ 3 people who have
suffered from post traumatic stress and cover their expenses
to received treatment at VA hospitals (both more than 90
miles away). We have received numerous awards for community
service and scratch our heads wondering why simply doing the
right and moral thing qualifies us (or anyone else) for awards.
Speaking more to your localized situation, we have given
directly to a family member who lives on Staten Island and
and another near Seaside Heights. The diffuse utterances about
"world peace" mean little to those who are simply looking for
a clean bed, warm place, and some evidence that people care about them. What you have presented to us here has been nothing more
than pseudo-60s nonsense about the evils of government which
conveniently seems to excuse you from personal responsibility
for anything.
You'll have to try harder to attack me (us) while you provide
nothing in the way of evidence that you do anything more than
preach peace comfortably at your computer. Personally, my
wife and I take most pleasure in giving away so much to
charitable works that they receive virtually nothing for
their war machine.
ials before you attack anyone here, whether it be
me or Easy.Thanks for listening ..... now give us some specifics about
your credent Nothing I have said has had one hoot to do with
Republicans or Democrats .... the terms mean little or nothing
to me which, as I have said countless times, is why I am and
will continue to be an independent.
Most you NArcististic personality , egomanical mentions ... is dully noted. In Your other post you forgot to mention you worked IN THE SUPPORTED AND VOTED for wr mongering BushJR . And why u AfRAID TO MENTION THIS, IT TELLS ALOT OF KIND of character we all dealing with... Bushjr & co had been tried for War crimes against humanity at the ICC.
Don't need to be about me or about my credentials... Credentials is nothing more than ABOUT HOW MUCH Money YOU wHORE FROM OTHERS, AND power OVER OTHERS , HOW MUCH YOU HAVE, what you have attained ,... and with credentials known you use to attack the weak, handicap, and those without a voice of society... you not clueless. take it and stuff it!
If you wanted I support humanity causes for world human rights - gay rights, Anti-war... What is important good people at home and around the world is complaining what US is doing is ugly aND even good US leaders (in power) criticize our nATION is see it do good, and not to the supporting those evil mens and thier evil ambitions...
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29408
Dec 7, 2012
 
Know anything about Amnesty International for Human rights...
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29410
Dec 7, 2012
 
Your answer! try look for something to support

The Man Who Sold the World
Ronald Reagan and the Betrayal of Main Street America
by William Kleinknecht
Nation Books, 2009, paperback, p183

in the Darwinian struggle for survival that followed the Reagan administration's budget cuts, a huge number of nonprofits closed their doors, and too many of those that remained inevitably absorbed the private-sector values of their new [corporate] sponsors often at the expense of their core mission.

Large nonprofits are now often indistinguishable from for-profit corporations with huge executive salaries, sprawling office complexes, and high-priced lobbyists. Many of their operations are wedded to for-profit affiliates, and yet they are still exempt from taxes.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29411
Dec 7, 2012
 
The Man Who Sold the World
Ronald Reagan and the Betrayal of Main Street America
by William Kleinknecht
Nation Books, 2009, paperback, p183

Charity care in hospitals has declined dramatically even as beds go unfilled, and medical equipment and personnel sit idle. A 2001 study found that 350,000 hospital beds, or one-third of the nation's total, are empty on an average day, while millions of people are denied charity care.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29412
Dec 7, 2012
 
Crazy n Nutty Politics wrote:
GREAT NEWS...US ADDS 146,000 jobs....wait for it..
BAD NEWS..Majority of new jobs pay low wages.
lolol
Welcome to America folks. I swear I should become a politician. Back in high school (I'll be 59 this year) I predicted that you are going to require a Phd to sweep floors. Damn I'm good.
"While a majority of jobs lost during the downturn were in the middle range of wages, a majority of those added during the recovery have been low paying, according to a new report from the National Employment Law Project"
"The report looked at 366 occupations tracked by the Labor Department and clumped them into three equal groups by wage, with each representing a third of American employment in 2008. The middle third — occupations in fields like construction, manufacturing and information, with median hourly wages of $13.84 to $21.13 — accounted for 60 percent of job losses from the beginning of 2008 to early 2010."
I just hope my neice and grandaughter (who both have college degrees and debt) don't lose their retail jobs or else they're going to have to move in with Grandpa.(So best buy..please keep them working even if it's at 8$/hr)
Sincerely,
Grandpa.
Dept of labor mocking us all!
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29413
Dec 7, 2012
 
Rights for All - USA
Amnesty International for Human Rights, p127

In a direct challenge to the status of international law, the USA has on several occasions claimed that the American Declaration on the Rights and Duties of Man is not binding on the USA, even though the Inter-American Court of Human Rights and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights have considered the Declaration part of customary law binding on all member states of the OAS.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29414
Dec 7, 2012
 
Rights for All
Amnesty International for Human Rights

There are only two countries in the world that have not ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child. One is the collapsed state of Somalia which has no recognized government—the other is the USA. Despite the strength and achievements of the US women's movement, the USA is also one of only a handful of countries that have not ratified the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.

Since: Aug 10

Main Street, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29415
Dec 7, 2012
 
We are a sovereign nation. International law is not and should not be applicable. Our laws may be compatible, but we are a sovereign nation and we live by our own rules. Do you understand sovereign?

Since: Aug 10

Main Street, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29416
Dec 7, 2012
 
The government needs to stay out. If you are too irresponsible to get a pre-nup or whatever you want to call the contract that defines the agreement between two or more people then the state does what the state will do to settle it.
The government thinks it needs more taxes. What it needs is a backbone and machete to slash the spending.
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
I say dump the religious end of it, that's all hog wash, but in order to reap a tax benifit, and you will soon need all of the help you can get, the government must be involved. I would suggest a pre nup right from the gitgo as manditory. And I speak as a man who has started over almost from scratch three times.
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29417
Dec 7, 2012
 
taxpayerUSA wrote:
We are a sovereign nation. International law is not and should not be applicable. Our laws may be compatible, but we are a sovereign nation and we live by our own rules. Do you understand sovereign?
No kidding! But war crimes against Humanity, for those who war against other nation(s) and invade others sovereignty ... and should be on trail in court of international law for crimes agianst humanity...
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29418
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

taxpayerUSA wrote:
We are a sovereign nation. International law is not and should not be applicable. Our laws may be compatible, but we are a sovereign nation and we live by our own rules. Do you understand sovereign?
Good grief!!!! At last something of substance from you. For once your right!!!!!
Pull out of NATO, toss the UN out of the country and stop paying for their incompetence and hatred of America.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29419
Dec 7, 2012
 
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Rights for All
Amnesty International for Human Rights
There are only two countries in the world that have not ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child. One is the collapsed state of Somalia which has no recognized government—the other is the USA. Despite the strength and achievements of the US women's movement, the USA is also one of only a handful of countries that have not ratified the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
Somalia is a collapsed state?

Give the Rand Paul morons half the chance and that's
just what America will be. A third world dystopia.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29420
Dec 8, 2012
 
UDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>No kidding! But war crimes against Humanity, for those who war against other nation(s) and invade others sovereignty ... and should be on trail in court of international law for crimes agianst humanity...
Crimes against humanity? Your kidding aren't you? Unless you have traveled to most of the countries in this world, the only thing that makes most of the world resemble humans is that they walk on two legs. Most countries are only two steps up from being neanderthals. The best thing that America could do is flatten and eliminate half of the countries in the world. Crimes against humanity, your a joke, you sound like that fool Jimmy Carter. A bible thumping idiot!
Bill R

Elma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29421
Dec 8, 2012
 
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Know anything about Amnesty International for Human rights...
Yes, I was a dues paying member of Amnesty International
for many years.

As for your diatribe about women's rights, my wife and
I both belonged to the National Organization for Women
for several years until their positions became too
strident and nonsensical.

Gay rights? Two farms nearby are owned and operated
by lesbian couples who, in my opinion, are or should
have the same rights as my wife and I do. They are
good friends and neighbors.

Incidentally, did you know that Sen Mark Hatfield,
whom I have mentioned several times on this forum,
was gay and lived with a man for many years?
Gee, imagine that .... a gay Republican.

My step-brother-in law is now my step-sister in law
and married another woman in Massachusetts. They
have been guests in our home and we enjoyed a nice
day this past summer on a one day cruise on the
Columbia River. She's has had a tough life and
deserves all the happiness that comes her way.

You fail to mention that I voted for Bill Clinton
and Hubert Humphrey. I understand that these people
are inferior to you because they have or had
credentials.

Bill R

Elma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29422
Dec 8, 2012
 
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Rights for All
Amnesty International for Human Rights
There are only two countries in the world that have not ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child. One is the collapsed state of Somalia which has no recognized government—the other is the USA. Despite the strength and achievements of the US women's movement, the USA is also one of only a handful of countries that have not ratified the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
Excuse me, IO, but the last time I checked we were governed
by U.S. Constitution, not any collection of nations that
choose to meet and write their own legislation to serve their
own individual ends. We are a sovereign nation, not a
state governed by the rules of a body which has a miserable
record for honesty, integrity, and much worse.

Incidentally, apart from their tacit approval of such a
piece of worthless legislative garbage excreted onto a
piece of paper, exactly what countries are observing these
child's rights? Please produce evidence of other countries
altering their own governmental policies and laws to suit
the work of this U.N. committee ultimately designed to
extract money from other nations under the pretext of helping
children. Where is the evidence that this masturbatory piece
of crap has changed anything in the world that could not
or would not have been accomplished without it?
Bill R

Elma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29423
Dec 8, 2012
 
UDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>No kidding! But war crimes against Humanity, for those who war against other nation(s) and invade others sovereignty ... and should be on trail in court of international law for crimes agianst humanity...
Invasion of other sovereignty comes in any number of ways,
IO. One of them is for other countries to attempt or assume
the right to take precedence over the law of another
country. That is what you are advocating. There is nothing
good or honorable about that any more than it is good or
honorable for the United States to write the laws of another
countries constitution in a manner that makes them subject to
the will of other countries, many of which are dictatorships.
Your argument is bogus.

Now, let me suggest that we give the United Nations all the
honor and credit it deserves and toss its political,
ideological garbage into another country. The U.N. does
some good, humanitarian things .... all of which can be done
for less money and without the ideological nonsense than the
putrid crap being uttered at the U.N. Let others do it, as
others can do it better and easier and more efficiently than
your precious temple on the East River.

In the place of the United Nations I would support or endorse
the creation of an international organization that consists
of democracies .... with all their faults and flaws. Dictator-
ships (whether Saudi Arabia or Ugabogoga) are excluded. Such
countries agree that no funds shall be extracted from their
citizens for projects outside their borders. Got that?

How's this, IO .... the United States shall not receive any
financial assistance from any other nation. Nor shall the
United States be required (ever, given her own financial plight)
to any other nation because its first responsibility is to the
citizens of the United States?

How's this, IO ....ahhhhh .... you get the idea. It is all
that antiquated nonsense that Washington (actually, no, Jefferson
stole) about not making allegiances with other countries. We
owe South Korea nothing. We owe Japan nothing. We owe the
Philippines nothing. And they may .... as they have by some
of their U.N. votes ... declare they owe us nothing.
Allegiances are earned. They are not edged in stone and
includes Israel and Saudi Arabia and anyone else.

America's first commitment must be to the protection of her
own .... get this, since you missed the word previously ...
sovereignty. The United States does not owe an ounce of
loyalty to a corrupt organization like the U.N..

If you disagree, renounce your citizenship and declare yourself
a citizen of the world.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29424
Dec 8, 2012
 
taxpayerUSA wrote:
The government needs to stay out. If you are too irresponsible to get a pre-nup or whatever you want to call the contract that defines the agreement between two or more people then the state does what the state will do to settle it.
The government thinks it needs more taxes. What it needs is a backbone and machete to slash the spending.
<quoted text>
The government has to be involved, Tax advoidance is my right, and by being able to file married,I reap the benefit, and the government does not. That contract you talk about is a one sided contract in the womans favor, the guy always gets the short end of the stick when it's time to split. And IMO that is why women always want those children. One, as a hook to keep the guy from wanting to leave and if he does leave she gets it all. It's always a win win in the womans favor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••