The TOP 10 Guitar Players Alive Today...

The TOP 10 Guitar Players Alive Today...vote

Created by 4 Love Of Guitar on Dec 18, 2007

2,226 votes

Click on an option to vote

Eric Clapton

John Mayer

Jordan Rivers

Eric Johnson

George Benson

Zack Wylde

Buddy Guy

Santana

Doyle Dykes

Robert Cray

First Prev
of 28
Next Last
Jeff

AOL

#1 Dec 18, 2007
I like John Mayer music, he's young, but lets face it Jordan Rivers is the best guitarist and the best singer in this group.
israel benitez

Longwood, FL

#2 Dec 18, 2007
The Best Guitarist out there now is Dave Navarro of Janes addiction.
John Ramone

AOL

#3 Dec 18, 2007
I saw Jordan Rivers in concert, he's the best hands down, I can't wait till his new CD and DVD comes out in 2008. He Rocks like Elvis, but no guitar player in the world is better than this cat, he can play anything and better than the best.
And his story is sad and true, but he's over come some great hardships to climb to the top.
His nearly killed and he turn down a world tour and took care of her for 5 years, he said at his concert he dreamed, he would get a second chance.
People around the world are pulling for him, I think by the end of 2008 once his new album comes out in Feb or March of 2008 they will see a new KING of the guitar world.
I remember when I first saw Stevie Ray Vaughan, he looked superhuman, Jordan Rivers has that also.
His old Album got him high rankings, but he recorded it a home, on a wing and a prayer somehow people listened. This guy is awesome.
So listen up people, a great one is comming soon,infact he's already here.
I hope Eric Clapton puts him on the crossroads DVD next time,he'll stand alone.
Cindy

AOL

#4 Dec 18, 2007
Hi I like John Mayer,he's cute and wow can he play.
Matrix

AOL

#5 Dec 18, 2007
I have to go with Eric Clapton, I am a Clapton fan thru and thru....I have heard of Jordan Rivers.
Mr Rivers is stunning, he's the future of guitar.I also think John Mayer is the future also.
These 2 guys are the best comming up.
It good to see we have future guitar talent
Eric Clapton Fan

AOL

#6 Dec 18, 2007
Hey I wish we could vote more than once, this Jordan Rivers guy is kicking my hero's butt.

I think Eric Claptons the greatest and I think I have heard of Jordan Rivers before,but i don't know who he is really, but this is a landslide.

I'll have to check this Jordan Rivers guy out and find out for myself, I still think Claptons the best.
Eric Clapton Fan

AOL

#7 Dec 18, 2007
Come on people stop voting for Jordan Rivers, why are you doing this?
Claptons the best.
Who's Jordan Rivers, this is sick, you all pissing on the Guitar God himself, be true to Eric and Rock on Dudes. Stop this sh1T
Jason

AOL

#8 Dec 18, 2007
You guys should stop voting for Jordan Rivers,Zack Wyld is the best.
And Eric Clapton.
What's wrong with you all?
Ya got ya'z heads screwed on wrong?
So what Jordan Rivers is a Gospel singer guitar player, he's not some one to vote for.
No one from gospel music can be that good.
Eric Clapton Fan

AOL

#9 Dec 18, 2007
STOP Jordan Rivers : STOP Jordan Rivers :

Nail him to the cross
NIcky

AOL

#10 Dec 18, 2007
JORDAN RIVERS IS THE NEW KING,LONG LIVE THE KING OF GUITAR !!

Since: Oct 07

Glendale, CA

#11 Dec 18, 2007
jorma kaukonen
blondie

AOL

#12 Dec 19, 2007
hey guys if yo keep asking for jordan rivers why don't you go to emusic and listen you might really be suprised on what you hear....he really does rock....I have heard him play in concert and I have his album......when you listen to his guitar it is top notch playing and he doesn't miss a key like some of the other ledgends in this time of ages.....and if you don't have emusic go to rapshady he's there too....
so before you start knocking someone listen to him and learn a little people..you may be really suprised and have a new leagend on your hands too...
Cheryl

AOL

#13 Dec 19, 2007
I'M A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN,OF COARSE I VOTED FOR JORDAN RIVERS.

HERE THIS ALL YE CHRISTIANS,STAND UP FOR JESUS VOTE FOR JORDAN RIVERS.
THE CHRISTIANS HAVE A GUITAR HERO !!
blondie

AOL

#14 Dec 19, 2007
hey cheryl you rock
wyoming

Decatur, TX

#15 Dec 19, 2007
Rick Vieto, did the slide ride for Seger on "Like A Rock"

“Like any other man,but more so”

Since: Sep 07

Cimmeria

#16 Dec 19, 2007
Anybody ever hear of Jimmy Page?My vote though would have to be Junior Brown.I don't see him on the list.What about Ted Nugent.HEY, are any of you people guitarists?Or do you play that "guitar hero" crap?
wyoming

Decatur, TX

#17 Dec 19, 2007
or Tony Rice, flatpickin grass!
israel benitez

Longwood, FL

#18 Dec 19, 2007
damskippy wrote:
Anybody ever hear of Jimmy Page?My vote though would have to be Junior Brown.I don't see him on the list.What about Ted Nugent.HEY, are any of you people guitarists?Or do you play that "guitar hero" crap?
Jimmy Page is my favorite guitarist. I would of said Jimmy but I thought the question catered only to guitarists still touring now, I know the remaining members of Led Zeppelin are touring with Bonham's kid right now but you know what I mean.
jessie

AOL

#19 Dec 19, 2007
i listened to jordan rivers for the last 3 months,he's top 10 for sure and gets me vote
Selma

AOL

#20 Dec 19, 2007
Damn, he's hot,ROCK'N Jordan Rivers? wheres the hell he's been all these years?
I can't decide who's better Jordan or Eric?
I think Jordan is, damn to close to call.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,405,624
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min District 1 219,707
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Relaxen2 391,563
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Cornelius Scudmister 233,539
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min DanFromSmithville 201,697
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5,693
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 8 min nanoanomaly 319
News Clinton Wins Democratic Nomination; Gets Boost ... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 86
More from around the web