Filner Scandal Casts Shadow On San Diego Recovery

Jul 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

San Diego Mayor Bob Filner's problems - a sex scandal coupled with federal investigations into possible financial improprieties - may end up being purely personal matters.

Comments
21 - 40 of 68 Comments Last updated Aug 12, 2013
Meyer

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
uh, dumbass, he ADMITTED HIS GUILT..you don't have to rape and kill a woman to sexually assault her, you utter moron.
but FYI "pos" means "piece of shit." hope that helps with your education...:)
Which crime was he confessing to? I missed that part.

Sexual assault with a woman is genital contact. I'm sure breasts figure into that somewhere, too. But unless he was trying to place his penis in the woman's lips, I think Allred has a tough road ahead of her in court.

Or, what's your definition of sexual assault with a woman? My guess is your appearance and smell would pass for it. Why don't you go register your armpits?
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Which crime was he confessing to? I missed that part.
Sexual assault with a woman is genital contact. I'm sure breasts figure into that somewhere, too. But unless he was trying to place his penis in the woman's lips, I think Allred has a tough road ahead of her in court.
Or, what's your definition of sexual assault with a woman? My guess is your appearance and smell would pass for it. Why don't you go register your armpits?
"sexual assault with a woman is genital contact."

uh, no, rapist. why don't you put a pistol in your mouth, misogynist?
Meyer

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
"sexual assault with a woman is genital contact."
uh, no, rapist. why don't you put a pistol in your mouth, misogynist?
Because, uh, I think that's your recourse.

Here's one: http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/guide/...

Is kissing sexual? Or is it just friendly? Or if it is technically violence against women, that's still not defined as "rape."

So, friend, you're one step away. Not from me, drat, but I'm sure you'll enrage someone in your vicinity eventually. Make peace with your god.
Meyer

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>misogynist
He, I just caught that one! "Mysogynist!" Think Filner's problem is that he's a Jew? That kind of opens things up a little, doesn't it? Is kissing misgyny?

OK, here we go. Should Filner have waited for the San Diego "Kiss a Jew Day" before he tried to smash lips? Or maybe he should have been romantic and played that song of his, "Kiss a Jew Good Morning..." Or maybe showed how far he can stick his tongue through a bagel. Or asked if his breath smelled like gefilte fish, and when she got close, smersh!

Yeah, you're right on time. You don't get many slander suits against you, do you?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>Because, uh, I think that's your recourse.
Here's one: http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/guide/...
Is kissing sexual? Or is it just friendly? Or if it is technically violence against women, that's still not defined as "rape."
So, friend, you're one step away. Not from me, drat, but I'm sure you'll enrage someone in your vicinity eventually. Make peace with your god.
Is kissing assualt. it depends.if Kissing my wife first thing inthe morning is not. Corning a co worker and forcing a kiss on her in the supply room is. Like giving my 10 year old Niece a hug and a kiss on her head at the airport is acceptable behavior. Putting my tongue in her mouth is behavior that should send me to jail if I tried it.
Fact is if a woman say no or resist it is not acceptable behavior. Is that hard to understand?
Right to Sue

Poway, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

californio wrote:
<quoted text>Is kissing assualt. it depends.if Kissing my wife first thing inthe morning is not. Corning a co worker and forcing a kiss on her in the supply room is. Like giving my 10 year old Niece a hug and a kiss on her head at the airport is acceptable behavior. Putting my tongue in her mouth is behavior that should send me to jail if I tried it.
Fact is if a woman say no or resist it is not acceptable behavior. Is that hard to understand?
Good answer, and no, not so hard to understand as you wrote it. What's missing is the "no" part, as women don't always vocalize their rejection.

Now I know that's going to open up a whole new topic about body language used to reject unwanted advances. Lots of ways to say "no" with your body, like the "Filner Dance." That's a good example. But "no" is only "no" when it's been said and it's meaning made clear.

But I need to ask, is "corning" a coworker fun? Is that gay or something?

And Filner's "confession" isn't really a confession persay, it may just be another lingering trait from "back in the day" (which really wasn't that nice).'Way back when (that no one seems to remember anymore) it was fashionable to have therapy. All the trendy sorts who could afford it had counselors, shrinks, gurus, swamis, advisors, whatever, and went to group therapies, single sessions, gestalts, there was all kinds. If someone told you you needed "help," you agreed and tried to fix whatever it was that was being criticized about you, including wearing Nehru jackets, Beatle boots, and paisley shirts. Didn't really matter if anything was really wrong, people just wanted to fit in back then. Admitting you needed help 45 years ago didn't really mean that you felt you needed help, you just wanted to be liked.

What Filner "admitted" to might not be all as condemning as it's being portrayed in the media (KOGO's really executing him already).

But "corning" a coworker? Has Filner really done that? Wow! We should deport him to China!
Meyer

Poway, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Four more accusers, this time one a retired female admiral. I guess she never got hand-to-hand combat training, must be from the era before women-in-combat.

But here's the tie in, I knew I was right. The Navy is the one that instigated gays in uniform. Now here's an admiral (that's a real high rank, for the uninitiated) that's actually having to claim sexual harassment on a civilian. A civilian politician, true, but this is something rarely seen.

I'm sure there's a gay rights question in here somewhere. Bob's probably gone for sure now, but he's really being pilloried. His transgressions aren't anything like Weiner's, he shouldn't even be compared to him, but some one or group (gays) really have him under the gun. I'm from California, but now I really have to wonder about what's being sacrificed just to allow gays to do their thing.

Just a couple months in office and he really hit the old Golding/Sanders regime hard. What he could have done.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>He, I just caught that one! "Mysogynist!" Think Filner's problem is that he's a Jew? That kind of opens things up a little, doesn't it? Is kissing misgyny?
OK, here we go. Should Filner have waited for the San Diego "Kiss a Jew Day" before he tried to smash lips? Or maybe he should have been romantic and played that song of his, "Kiss a Jew Good Morning..." Or maybe showed how far he can stick his tongue through a bagel. Or asked if his breath smelled like gefilte fish, and when she got close, smersh!
Yeah, you're right on time. You don't get many slander suits against you, do you?
as confused as you are about sexual assault, are you posting from jail?

no idea where the jewish thing came from...are you an anti-semite?
Sue Reynolds

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

San Diego Democrats don't care what Filner does or they would throw him out of both the Party and the Mayor's Office.
Today's version of Democrats just "talk the talk" about womens rights.

The citizens of San Diego will be more than happy to pay for the endless multi million dollar harrassment lawsuits. The like to see their City degraded on the National stage. It makes them feel "progressive".

They knew who Filner was and what he was B4 they settled for him as their Mayor.
Meyer

Escondido, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
as confused as you are about sexual assault, are you posting from jail?
no idea where the jewish thing came from...are you an anti-semite?
You didn't now Filner's Jewish?

So, you're not in San Diego and you don't seem to know much about its mayor at all. What do you do, follow alleged sex crimes around on the computer and make inane comments about them? That's pretty smart, duh!

So now you know Filner's a Jew. Think there's something racial in all of this? Little Hymie wants kisses from nice, pretty, white woman please? Nah, that doesn't happen anymore, does it?

Show me where my "confusion" is. I'd like to share it with Mayor Golding's people. But you don't know anything about that either, do you, foreigner?
Meyer

Escondido, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Sue Reynolds wrote:
San Diego Democrats don't care what Filner does or they would throw him out of both the Party and the Mayor's Office.
Today's version of Democrats just "talk the talk" about womens rights.
The citizens of San Diego will be more than happy to pay for the endless multi million dollar harrassment lawsuits. The like to see their City degraded on the National stage. It makes them feel "progressive".
They knew who Filner was and what he was B4 they settled for him as their Mayor.
That's right! Remember this was voted the nation's #1 city for years and years! But that was a Republican mayor that did that, wasn't it? She might have missed a couple spots, but, hey, nobody's perfect, right?

The DNC and the San Diego Democrats decided they don't like Filner anymore. But Maureen Steiner had the SDDC back when her people put all their gay legislation through. Them big ol' gals can get pretty ruff 'n' tumble, but none of that gets categorized as sex harassment at all, does it?

They knew who Filner was when they voted him in because he is them, they are one. They handicap themselves when they get rid of him because they're now self-destructive, they know no other way out of the hole they've dug themselves into. And they're really dragging everyone down into it with them.

The problem isn't Filner with his petty annoyances. It's Washington, that's where the harm is really done. Five years of Obama and this is what makes headlines, an old man trying to get a kiss. They impeached one Democrat president not too long ago, they can do it again. Don't go after the Kissing Bandit, get his boss.

But, hey, they sure could have made some money with Filner in the Kissing Booth at Del Mar, right?
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't now Filner's Jewish?
So, you're not in San Diego and you don't seem to know much about its mayor at all. What do you do, follow alleged sex crimes around on the computer and make inane comments about them? That's pretty smart, duh!
So now you know Filner's a Jew. Think there's something racial in all of this? Little Hymie wants kisses from nice, pretty, white woman please? Nah, that doesn't happen anymore, does it?
Show me where my "confusion" is. I'd like to share it with Mayor Golding's people. But you don't know anything about that either, do you, foreigner?
i'm not from san diego...don't know filner...know from the stories that he's a sexual criminal...and want to see him resign before he drags the Dem Party down further.

this is a mystery to you? Why are you defending him, using anti-semitic language, and babbling about race?

decent people, when busted for criminal behavior, quit and apologize. why isn't your boy filner doing that?
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>That's right! Remember this was voted the nation's #1 city for years and years! But that was a Republican mayor that did that, wasn't it? She might have missed a couple spots, but, hey, nobody's perfect, right?
The DNC and the San Diego Democrats decided they don't like Filner anymore. But Maureen Steiner had the SDDC back when her people put all their gay legislation through. Them big ol' gals can get pretty ruff 'n' tumble, but none of that gets categorized as sex harassment at all, does it?
They knew who Filner was when they voted him in because he is them, they are one. They handicap themselves when they get rid of him because they're now self-destructive, they know no other way out of the hole they've dug themselves into. And they're really dragging everyone down into it with them.
The problem isn't Filner with his petty annoyances. It's Washington, that's where the harm is really done. Five years of Obama and this is what makes headlines, an old man trying to get a kiss. They impeached one Democrat president not too long ago, they can do it again. Don't go after the Kissing Bandit, get his boss.
But, hey, they sure could have made some money with Filner in the Kissing Booth at Del Mar, right?
so, what's the takeaway here? you're a middle aged woman, obsessed with filner, wishing he or any man would molest you, and blaming it all on obama?

you're a troll from the gop, let's face it. you want the chaos in san diego to continue so that it benefits the white peoples' party and does harm to the president.

i think i know who you are now..
Meyer

Escondido, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not from san diego...don't know filner...know from the stories that he's a sexual criminal...and want to see him resign before he drags the Dem Party down further.
this is a mystery to you? Why are you defending him, using anti-semitic language, and babbling about race?
decent people, when busted for criminal behavior, quit and apologize. why isn't your boy filner doing that?
Ha ha! Yeah.

Where, oh where can Bob Filner be?
He went away to ther-a-py!
To come back, he says he'll be good
Believe him? Well, may-be we should.

He got elected to mayor-hood,
To do that he had to be ver-y good
But he got to kissin' and foolin' around,
And now he looks like one bust-ed clown

Did he or did-n't he,
He only said “Well, could be.”
People scream and they say
“We got to put Bob Filner away
“Put him where he can't do no harm
Maybe that's on the collective farm!”

Bob went to his shrink and said
“Oh, no, San Diego wants me dead!
“What should I do? I'm only human, you know!”
Shrink said,“Take two in the mornin', I got to go.

Oooh, oooh oooh oooh ooh,
Wooo wooo wooo wooo wooo yeah
Meyer

Escondido, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
so, what's the takeaway here? you're a middle aged woman, obsessed with filner, wishing he or any man would molest you, and blaming it all on obama?
you're a troll from the gop, let's face it. you want the chaos in san diego to continue so that it benefits the white peoples' party and does harm to the president.
i think i know who you are now..
I look like this, maybe? Is this what GOP trolls look like? Well, obviously there's no arguing with you, you must be right.
My name be Zippy.
http://www.zippythepinhead.com/pages/aaportzi...
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>I look like this, maybe? Is this what GOP trolls look like? Well, obviously there's no arguing with you, you must be right.
My name be Zippy.
http://www.zippythepinhead.com/pages/aaportzi...
you're a pinhead, but not zippy...just a garden variety POS pinhead
Dan Salazar

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

So much for the myth that San Diego is a Great American City. It's nothing more that Filnerville USA.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Filner = SCUM

Hillary and Webb Hubbell

https://www.google.com/search...

Weiner = hose nose pervert
Meyer

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a pinhead, but not zippy...just a garden variety POS pinhead
You like Zippy? But "garden variety" might be organic! That's expensive, you know.

Bob Filner was a young man, never been kissed
He got to thinkin' how much he had missed,
So he grabbed him some girls an' kissed 'em and then
Lawdy lawdy, well he kissed 'em again!

But Filner's kisses done got him a fine!
He got, mmm, mmm, kisses what cost him a fine!
(Cost him a fine)

Filner asked 'em if they had them a man
Told 'em,“Kiss me, and then I will scram!”
He hugged and pleaded like an old man,
Then, whoops lawdy, he got slapped by a hand!
'Cuz his kisses done cost him a fine.

(Cost him a fine)

Filner saw what he did,
He ran for the door and stopped in a skid,
There be a lawman with a warrant, he say:
“Bob, you're a bad man, we're gonna put you away!
“What you did won't cost you your life,
“But where you're goin', you may be a wife!”
'Cuz now Filner's gotta make his own wine!

And Filner's kisses done cost him a fine!
(Cost...him...a...fine!)
Dane Thorsen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Meyer wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Zippy? But "garden variety" might be organic! That's expensive, you know.
Bob Filner was a young man, never been kissed
He got to thinkin' how much he had missed,
So he grabbed him some girls an' kissed 'em and then
Lawdy lawdy, well he kissed 'em again!
(Cost him a fine)
Filner asked 'em if they had them a man
Told 'em,“Kiss me, and then I will scram!”
He hugged and pleaded like an old man,
Then, whoops lawdy, he got slapped by a hand!
'Cuz his kisses done cost him a fine.
(Cost him a fine)
Filner saw what he did,
He ran for the door and stopped in a skid,
There be a lawman with a warrant, he say:
“Bob, you're a bad man, we're gonna put you away!
“What you did won't cost you your life,
“But where you're goin', you may be a wife!”
'Cuz now Filner's gotta make his own wine!
And Filner's kisses done cost him a fine!
(Cost...him...a...fine!)
You are amazing!!! That was Great!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,099,660
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 2 min smarty pants 1,790
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 min TALLYHO 8541 1,531
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Fed Up Again 255,724
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min wondering 115,006
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 4 min EdmondWA 469
Atheist group may sue over Fla. county invocation 5 min Cordwainer Trout 35
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Commietator 151,068
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 1 hr WelbyMD 1,313
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••