Biden Cancels Speech at LGBT Event Am...

Biden Cancels Speech at LGBT Event Amid Shutdown

There are 19 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 3, 2013, titled Biden Cancels Speech at LGBT Event Amid Shutdown. In it, EDGE reports that:

Vice President Joe Biden is canceling a speech to an influential gay rights group because of the government shutdown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Oct 3, 2013
That makes no sense. He's still getting paid to DO HIS JOB.

And since Stumblebum Joe has spent nearly his ENTIRE political life in the U.S. Senate, then why isn't he working with Harry [G]Reid, and his other buddies in the Senate to work out a compromise with the House ?

The American people ELECTED republicans to the House in 2008, and then REELECTED them to a majority to pass legislation, NOT to be stonewalled by Senate Democrats.

I'm all FOR the two party system AS LONG AS those two parties are the "Conservative Republicans" and the "Little Bit Less Conservative Republicans".

<s>

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2 Oct 3, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
The American people ELECTED republicans to the House in 2008, and then REELECTED them to a majority to pass legislation, NOT to be stonewalled by Senate Democrats.
Oh Please Daniel, Frank, Edmond or whatever the hell your name is.....the fact is this SHUTDOWN is the DIRECT result of Boehner and the House Republicans throwing a tantrum because they AREN'T getting their way about defunding the Affordable Health Act!!!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 Oct 3, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
That makes no sense. He's still getting paid to DO HIS JOB.
And since Stumblebum Joe has spent nearly his ENTIRE political life in the U.S. Senate, then why isn't he working with Harry [G]Reid, and his other buddies in the Senate to work out a compromise with the House ?
The American people ELECTED republicans to the House in 2008, and then REELECTED them to a majority to pass legislation, NOT to be stonewalled by Senate Democrats.
I'm all FOR the two party system AS LONG AS those two parties are the "Conservative Republicans" and the "Little Bit Less Conservative Republicans".
<s>
There is no compromise to negotiate. The House merely needs to pass the continuing resolution that the Senate already passed. But your buddy John Boehner won't allow a vote.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4 Oct 3, 2013
Can I burn down your house?

No.

Can I at least burn down the second floor?

No.

Well, let me burn the master bedroom?

No.

Let me at least burn down the garage.

NO!

What part of the house will you allow me to burn down?

NONE!

You aren't negotiating with me!

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#5 Oct 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Oh Please Daniel, Frank, Edmond or whatever the hell your name is.....the fact is this SHUTDOWN is the DIRECT result of Boehner and the House Republicans throwing a tantrum because they AREN'T getting their way about defunding the Affordable Health Act!!!
Yikes, easy now, I'm Edmond, I'm real, and I'm definitely NOT Foxy!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#6 Oct 3, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
Can I burn down your house?
No.
Can I at least burn down the second floor?
No.
Well, let me burn the master bedroom?
No.
Let me at least burn down the garage.
NO!
What part of the house will you allow me to burn down?
NONE!
You aren't negotiating with me!
Excellent metaphor.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#7 Oct 3, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes, easy now, I'm Edmond, I'm real, and I'm definitely NOT Foxy!
Oooops......sorry.....I would NEVER insult you......I was just grabbing names.......again, my bad:(

Please forgive.....hopefully:)

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Oct 3, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no compromise to negotiate. The House merely needs to pass the continuing resolution that the Senate already passed. But your buddy John Boehner won't allow a vote.
"continuing resolution" ?! Why hasn't the DEMOCRATIC Senate passed a budget bill, as required by law, since The Obamaniac Regime seized power ? The Obamaniac had DEMOCRATIC MAJORITIES the first 2 years of his Stalinist Regime, and they STILL didn't pass a budget. Why not ???

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#9 Oct 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Oooops......sorry.....I would NEVER insult you......I was just grabbing names.......again, my bad:(
Please forgive.....hopefully:)
Of course!:) It was amusing. Who could keep all these names straight?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#10 Oct 3, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course!:) It was amusing. Who could keep all these names straight?
I know......lol!!!!

<jumping for joy> thank you so much!!!

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#11 Oct 3, 2013
Who really cares if Biden backs out? The Democrats have been shamelessly holding out their proverbial carrot on a stick for so long only the most "die hard", yellow dog gays believe that they'll ever actually do anything for us. Time to let them go!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#12 Oct 3, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Who really cares if Biden backs out? The Democrats have been shamelessly holding out their proverbial carrot on a stick for so long only the most "die hard", yellow dog gays believe that they'll ever actually do anything for us. Time to let them go!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Huh??

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13 Oct 3, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Who really cares if Biden backs out? The Democrats have been shamelessly holding out their proverbial carrot on a stick for so long only the most "die hard", yellow dog gays believe that they'll ever actually do anything for us. Time to let them go!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
So.... All of the following are NOTHING?

Matthew Shepard/James Byrd Hate Crimes Law.
Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell.
Full-throated support of marriage equality.
Joining plaintiffs against Defense of Marriage Act.
Aggressively implementing SCOTUS's DOMA decision.
Protecting federal employees against sexual orientation discrimination (a task that GWB's administration refused to do).

I know you disagree with hate crimes laws, but that doesn't change the fact that Obama pushed for it and won. He accomplished something that our community asked for which no other President has accomplished,

One wonders what you would consider actually doing something for our community.

Oh, and ENDA is coming during the Obama presidency.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#14 Oct 3, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Who really cares if Biden backs out? The Democrats have been shamelessly holding out their proverbial carrot on a stick for so long only the most "die hard", yellow dog gays believe that they'll ever actually do anything for us. Time to let them go!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
I agree ! GOOD post !

Democrats are Evil. PURE EVIL.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#16 Oct 4, 2013
Big Deal, A hate crimes bill that will be turned against people it was never intended as a tool of prosecution (A la PATRIOT act) You're just making it easier for them.

Who gave us DA, DT? Bill Clinton, Democrat!

"Full throated? What the hell does that mean?

I'm Transexual and the DOMA never meant much one way or the other.

Yeah well, Whatever! How many laws did they enact that either push us around some more or steal more of our money?

Believe me, we paid dearly for that legal protection, as tenuous though it may be. Democrats think that our freedoms and net worth are fair game and something to be traded away. "Power, Dear Winston, power!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So.... All of the following are NOTHING?
Matthew Shepard/James Byrd Hate Crimes Law.
Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell.
Full-throated support of marriage equality.
Joining plaintiffs against Defense of Marriage Act.
Aggressively implementing SCOTUS's DOMA decision.
Protecting federal employees against sexual orientation discrimination (a task that GWB's administration refused to do).
I know you disagree with hate crimes laws, but that doesn't change the fact that Obama pushed for it and won. He accomplished something that our community asked for which no other President has accomplished,
One wonders what you would consider actually doing something for our community.
Oh, and ENDA is coming during the Obama presidency.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17 Oct 4, 2013
I could understand this if HRC was holding its' function in L.A. or some other distant place from D.C. Claiming saving money on the plane and support staff is reasonable. However, this is probably only a couple of miles travel in a car. I don't get it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#18 Oct 4, 2013
RalphB wrote:
I could understand this if HRC was holding its' function in L.A. or some other distant place from D.C. Claiming saving money on the plane and support staff is reasonable. However, this is probably only a couple of miles travel in a car. I don't get it.
What's to get? It's something to complain about. Like playing golf. I mean, it's not like any other President was known for their recreational activities. Like going to Martha's Vineyard. Like no other President has gone on vacation before. Like using teleprompters. Like no other President has used teleprompters before.

Let them scream into the wind. They only embarrass themselves.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#19 Oct 4, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to get? It's something to complain about. Like playing golf. I mean, it's not like any other President was known for their recreational activities. Like going to Martha's Vineyard. Like no other President has gone on vacation before. Like using teleprompters. Like no other President has used teleprompters before.
Let them scream into the wind. They only embarrass themselves.
Oh, I agree, but I'm still wondering why he cancelled. The government shutdown doesn't really sound like a good reason.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Oct 4, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I agree, but I'm still wondering why he cancelled. The government shutdown doesn't really sound like a good reason.
Yup. Government shutdown alright.

And Americans are getting along JUST FINE without it !

Oh my ! That just shows ONE LIE the Democrats have been preaching. I hope the "government shutdown" goes on at least the next 3 years, its working out so splendidly.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dean steps out of DNC race; Ellison says he may... 3 min Kiss6729 2
News Corker Applauds Unanimous Supreme Court Ruling ... (Jul '14) 7 min Coconutz3878 4
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 9 min MikeyDJT2imbeciles 14,596
News Tent jails, pink undies: Odd choices for New Ar... 11 min Dolly1510 7
News Wisconsin Dems Slam Trump Backers 15 min Crushy9254 75
News Trump win casts pall of uncertainty over Asia 18 min LovePotion4470 45
News White House announces support for women in mili... 23 min Cupcake4854 17
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 37 min Rico from East Lo... 403,777
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 253,079
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 1 hr GrowUp 73
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,458,229
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 2 hr Patriot 2,939
More from around the web