Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61384 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21018 Jan 23, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage equality doesn't include polygamist groupings.
They're not eligible; just as children or incestuous couples aren't eligible.
Poly MARRIAGE is not eligible for MARRIAGE equality. Priceless!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#21019 Jan 23, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal 101. When presented with an unfavorable poll, declare the poll invalid.
Moron 101.

Thinks a Topix "poll" is actually a poll with statistically significant results.

Tawas City, Michigan

#21020 Jan 23, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't. You lied. You were never beaten or tied down for lefthandedness.
Prove I lied.

Prove it never happened.

Tawas City, Michigan

#21021 Jan 23, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You base your hate on ignorance. Typical bigot.
The definition of marriage is plastic. Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three (or four, or six) consenting adults. Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...
I hate no one.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21022 Jan 23, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I mean I was beaten with a ruler- my hand, arm, & head.
Religious people ARE INDEED crazy.
I was afraid to tell my parents because I thought I must have done something wrong, but of course they eventually got it out of me.
The teacher was lucky she only got fired.
Ho boy now they fired the teacher, eh? Too funny! Sure. We believe you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21023 Jan 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, it is not my fault that you are to stupid to understand that equal protection of the law is, or that two is less than three or more.
<quoted text>
Did you notice how they guaranteed those people equal protection of the law?
Polygamy seeks greater protection of the law for three or more people.
Learn to count, moron.
Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21024 Jan 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, it is not my fault that you are to stupid to understand that equal protection of the law is, or that two is less than three or more.
<quoted text>
Did you notice how they guaranteed those people equal protection of the law?
Polygamy seeks greater protection of the law for three or more people.
Learn to count, moron.
"seeks greater protection" Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21025 Jan 23, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for admitting for all to see that you believe it is your "FREEDOM AND EQUALITY" to be able to marry a child as young as age 13.
Yep, THAT is why polygamy is illegal.
No it's not. Polygamy is illegal because of moral disapproval. The court has said so in Reynolds, which has never been repealed and indeed has been cited by the modern court.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21026 Jan 23, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...yawn...
Those poor marginalized children.... can't get married and so they diminish us all....
When you talk of marriage equality I assume you are talking about consenting adults. PLEASE return that simple courtesy or else debate is impossible. Which is of course your intention since you have no argument.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21027 Jan 23, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron 101.
Thinks a Topix "poll" is actually a poll with statistically significant results.
LIAR. I never said that. GET A REAL ARGUMENT. Stop jerking off and lying.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21028 Jan 23, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove I lied.
Prove it never happened.
The lady doth protest too much methinks.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21029 Jan 23, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate no one.
Feels like hate when you advocate denying consenting adults the right to marry for no good reason.

Feels like hate. Motivated by no good reason except ignorance, smells like hate. Quacks like hate...It's hate.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#21030 Jan 23, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"seeks greater protection" Too funny!
Hey, Frankie, Far be it from me to laugh at your pathetic counting abilities.

I'm sorry that you never learned what equal means.

It must be rough growing up stupid.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#21031 Jan 23, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When you talk of marriage equality I assume you are talking about consenting adults. PLEASE return that simple courtesy or else debate is impossible. Which is of course your intention since you have no argument.
Frankie, we aren't the one's who are perpetually off topic.

Debate isn't possible because you lack an argument with a rational basis, and as such you argue utterly irrelevant drivel. That coupled with your inability to count or understand the very concept of equality means that there is no debating with you, because you lack the mental capacity to understand the underlying concepts necessary to participate in a debate.

Simply put, you're a moron.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#21032 Jan 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Monogamy promotes stability within a society.
Yet not everyone is monogamous. It could be said that Americans practice polygamy on,the installment plan, or serial monogamy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#21033 Jan 23, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line is because it's what society supports.
It's not that simply as evidenced by the various states who voted to constitutionally define marriage as a union of husband and wife, and only that.
Same-sex couples are able to marry now only because society has come to support that.
Again, not that simple. The courts played a more significant role in that, than public support, which as indicated by the voters, rejected the IDE of same sex marriage in all but a few states where it was put on the ballot.
If society ever comes to support polygamy in significant numbers, then polygamy will become legal.
It not, then it won't.
Support has increased, however, it's far more important the courts continue to rule in favor of plural marriage, for its eventual legalization.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#21034 Jan 23, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it only indicates someone hit the yes button a bunch of times.
Have you seen some of the ridiculous questions posted on Topix?
Like I said, if society decides it wants to legalize polygamy, then it will be legalized.
Until then it won't.
The courts, a few judges actually, have taken the issue, as with SSM, out of society's hands. Societal support is irrelevant.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#21035 Jan 23, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I mean I was beaten with a ruler- my hand, arm, & head.
Religious people ARE INDEED crazy.
I was afraid to tell my parents because I thought I must have done something wrong, but of course they eventually got it out of me.
The teacher was lucky she only got fired.
A nun, or a brother? Catholic school?

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#21036 Jan 23, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Yet not everyone is monogamous.
When last I checked, it was a free country. People do have the right to make that choice. On the whole, marriage promotes monogamy and stability.
Pietro Armando wrote:
It could be said that Americans practice polygamy on,the installment plan, or serial monogamy.
It could be said that you are an idiot, Pietro.

Even if one is not monogamous, having more than one partner does not constitute polygamy, which would be legally sanction marriage between three or more people. So, the legal rights and protections of marriage would apply only to one's spouse.

Sorry Pietro, you can't put your mistress (boyfriend?) on your health plan, and they aren't entitled to spousal privilege to refrain from testifying against you in a court of law.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#21037 Jan 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Frankie, Far be it from me to laugh at your pathetic counting abilities.
I'm sorry that you never learned what equal means.
It must be rough growing up stupid.
Get an argument and come back when you're feeling better.

Polygamy should be illegal because it was rough on you growing up stupid?

Please tell the court to keep polygamy illegal because they can't count. Comic relief!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min arrr 27,044
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,583,208
News Jesse Jackson Jr. says he's sorry for his crimes (Aug '13) 5 min Guest 6
News Trump returns to Arizona - and a chaotic politi... 6 min Billy Ringo 13
News Cosby hires Michael Jackson's lawyer for sex as... 16 min Cordwainer Trout 5
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min ImPeach 287,912
News Arpaio pardon would refute key theme in immigra... 23 min Quirky 52
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 2 hr Quirky 1,569
News Monument madness a leftist cover to crumble Ame... 5 hr Retribution 71
More from around the web