Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61391 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#17143 Jan 4, 2014
Birdwatcher wrote:
<quoted text>
If only I knew how to get your posts more widespread.
The sewer is unbelievably widespread. Like hate speech do ya?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#17145 Jan 4, 2014
Nine ball wrote:
I thinks
No, you don't.
Nine ball wrote:
that a liberal judge over turned a vote of the people to ban same sex marriage in California. Ain't that right?
Awww, isn't it cute when you attempt to think. Now, put on your thinking cap, because I am going to share some information that explains to you why your premise is incorrect. Ready?
"One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/...
Nine ball wrote:
All of your arguments are based on the idea that you gots rights and you.
Actually, they are all based upon the 14th Amendment guarantee of equal protection of the law for all. You aren't terribly bright, are you?
Nine ball wrote:
Take normal. Normal is how we is made. A pecker up the butt ain't normal. Ain't no amount of married gays going to change that.
You keep on returning to "normal," but don't seem to understand that it is both subjective and irrelevant.
Nine ball wrote:
Take a little time and tell me what a couple of gays will gain by marrying up. Make a list so that we normal guys can understand. Then tell us why you is gay. Does you think you was born that way? Did some gay do you when you were a kid and you liked it?
They gain the legal protections of marriage. I would think even to someone as dim as you that would be self-evident.
Nine ball wrote:
I thinks that you wants to be married cause you think others will accept your abnormal life style more. But that is just one feller. What does you think?
Nope. I couldn't care less what you think is normal or acceptable. You have long since proven yourself to be an intolerant, unintelligent, bigot. I don't care what people like you think, and I certainly don't seek the approval of such intolerant people.

This is about equal protection of the law. Nothing more. It isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Even you should be able to understand that.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#17146 Jan 4, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Context ...?
You scour the net, find an instance of a straight wearing a genitalia costume then rush back here waving it like a bloody shirt while yelling, "See! See! Straights do it too!"
You miss the point that whoever does it is engaging in vile and disgusting behavior. Is it, that once you become gay, there's no longer such thing as vile and disgusting behavior?
Is that it, Dusty?
Oh so wearing a camel toe costume isn't vile and disgusting behavior because it's not gay? Is that it, Princess? No you miss the point, the outrage isn't that there wearing them, the outrage is that you feel you have the right and are driven to stop them.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#17147 Jan 4, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Two points here:
First, as a mental disorder, homosexuality is very close to Tourette's Syndrome. It's another obsessive/compulsive disorder but not quite as mediagenic, assuming you think vulgarity is mediagenic. I think of that as something that most people get out of their system after middle school.
Second, see how stupid this argument has become when people are using anecdotal evidence to determine law? You won't stop your nonsense. Why should anyone stop the other guys?
3...2....1... DENIAL!
Dusty supports all his claims, ideas, theories with anecdotal evidence. He routinely says things like "all the gay parents I know are good parents" as evidence gays make good parents. Then when presented ewith evidence like the Regneus study showing gays are train wrecks as parents he yells homophobe!

Also, Dusty's sense of proportion is that of a child. Each year there are more than 1000 gay pride parades in this country and in each men wearing vile and disgusting penis suits. Dusty thinks if he can scour the net and find one instance of of a straight in a penis suit it's evidence penis suits are not vile and disgusting.

The disturbing thing here is Dusty is a school teacher.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#17148 Jan 4, 2014
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so wearing a camel toe costume isn't vile and disgusting behavior because it's not gay? Is that it, Princess? No you miss the point, the outrage isn't that there wearing them, the outrage is that you feel you have the right and are driven to stop them.
Just so everyone knows what we're talking about, Mikey, you think that men dressed like those in the link are perfectly fine for pride parades, correct?

https://www.google.com/search...

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Studio City, CA

#17149 Jan 4, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
My dream is to be invited to a public debate on same-sex marriage where I go head-to-head with some idiot trying to defend gay pride parades. There won't be a enough meat left on him to make a sick dog a bowl of soup.
This is profound mental illness:
http://ohrheally.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/...
The guy in the suit is sick and needs treatment. In fact, that's what the LGBT community has become -- a clearing house for the mentally ill and sexually deranged members of society.
Look at him -- even he knows he's a sick man, that's why he covers his face.
You have several real problems that cannot be overcome, gaylloyd:

1. like your mind, trhe link you provided doesn't work.
2. you will never be invited to a public debate on anything; if you were, you'd be humiliated by yourself.
3. you will have to suffer from your sick obsession with homosexuality for eternity.
4. no matter how loud you squawk, no matter how rancid your mind, you will always be on the losing side of history.

Pull on your white hooded robe, knock back another quart of Old Crow, and let us know more about you, won't you darling? You'd be amusing (like a poo-flinging chimpanzee) if you weren't so tragic...

May your dreams forever be filled with visions of gay sex.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#17150 Jan 4, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't.
<quoted text>
Awww, isn't it cute when you attempt to think. Now, put on your thinking cap, because I am going to share some information that explains to you why your premise is incorrect. Ready?
"One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/...
<quoted text>
Actually, they are all based upon the 14th Amendment guarantee of equal protection of the law for all. You aren't terribly bright, are you?
<quoted text>
You keep on returning to "normal," but don't seem to understand that it is both subjective and irrelevant.
<quoted text>
They gain the legal protections of marriage. I would think even to someone as dim as you that would be self-evident.
<quoted text>
Nope. I couldn't care less what you think is normal or acceptable. You have long since proven yourself to be an intolerant, unintelligent, bigot. I don't care what people like you think, and I certainly don't seek the approval of such intolerant people.
This is about equal protection of the law. Nothing more. It isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Even you should be able to understand that.
Tell us, Lides, if a heterosexual man petitioned for the right to marry his male heterosexual roommate, is he also granted this right by the 14th Amendment?

garylloyd

Location hidden

#17151 Jan 4, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
You have several real problems that cannot be overcome, gaylloyd:
1. like your mind, trhe link you provided doesn't work.
2. you will never be invited to a public debate on anything; if you were, you'd be humiliated by yourself.
3. you will have to suffer from your sick obsession with homosexuality for eternity.
4. no matter how loud you squawk, no matter how rancid your mind, you will always be on the losing side of history.
Pull on your white hooded robe, knock back another quart of Old Crow, and let us know more about you, won't you darling? You'd be amusing (like a poo-flinging chimpanzee) if you weren't so tragic...
May your dreams forever be filled with visions of gay sex.
Tell us, Eyeful, at the end of your masturbation exhibitions, are we supposed to applaud or make sure someone hands you a towel?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#17152 Jan 4, 2014
Nine ball wrote:
<
Take a little time and tell me what a couple of gays will gain by marrying up. Make a list so that we normal guys can understand.
Same-sex couples will gain the exact same rights, benefits, & legal protections opposite-sex couples get when they marry.

That's kinda the whole point.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Studio City, CA

#17153 Jan 4, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty supports all his claims, ideas, theories with anecdotal evidence. He routinely says things like "all the gay parents I know are good parents" as evidence gays make good parents. Then when presented ewith evidence like the Regneus study showing gays are train wrecks as parents he yells homophobe!
Also, Dusty's sense of proportion is that of a child. Each year there are more than 1000 gay pride parades in this country and in each men wearing vile and disgusting penis suits. Dusty thinks if he can scour the net and find one instance of of a straight in a penis suit it's evidence penis suits are not vile and disgusting.
Are you a paid shill for NARTH? If not, what in the world is wrong with you? Are you one of those "repaired-by-religion " ex-homosexuals? Or are you bitter and angry that you've effed' around with men? A member of the KKK? A godless religious zealot? A closet homosexual? A garden variety homophobe? Which is it? How did you sink to this low point of waging an unwinnable Crusade Against Homosexuality on Topix?

You have a lot of answering to do, missy!

BTW, any psychiatrist would recommend an extended period of institutionalized treatment for you... you're that sick.

Tawas City, Michigan

#17155 Jan 4, 2014
Nine ball wrote:
<quoted text>
I thinks that a liberal judge over turned a vote of the people to ban same sex marriage in California. Ain't that right?
The people can't vote by simply majority to take away the rights of others.

The only way to take away rights is to amend the US Constitution.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#17156 Jan 4, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so everyone knows what we're talking about, Mikey, you think that men dressed like those in the link are perfectly fine for pride parades, correct?
Just so we ALL know what we are talking about..
Want to explain the difference? Where's your outrage on this Princess? Why aren't you outraged about the objectification of women? Humm? Could it because you're a bigot?

Tawas City, Michigan

#17157 Jan 4, 2014
Nine ball wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't that what gay marriage is all about? Making people think that they are normal and hoping that people will like them more?.
Is that what hetero marriage is all about?

I can only speak for myself- I got married because I love my husband and wanted to ensure we have the same legal rights & protections for our family which only marriage can provide.

I don't really care who likes me or whether they think I'm "normal".

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Studio City, CA

#17158 Jan 4, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
gaylloyd, please stop bloviating and WISE UP:

http://www.livescience.com/17913-advantages-g...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/06/24/chrisle...

http://www.care2.com/causes/gay-parents-just-...

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regio...

http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/gay-parents-as-g...

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20051...

http://www.parenting.com/article/same-sex-par...

Tawas City, Michigan

#17159 Jan 4, 2014
Nine ball wrote:
And get this. Most of us normal people don't care what you do. When you try to rub it in our faces as the gays did to the Duck Dynasty the normal rise up and slap you down.
And get this- most of us don't care what you do either.

Our only goal is to get marriage equality for same-sex couples in all 50 states, along with employment & housing protections.

So you can continue hating gay people all you want.

You're a dying minority.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Studio City, CA

#17160 Jan 4, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us, Eyeful, at the end of your masturbation exhibitions, are we supposed to applaud or make sure someone hands you a towel?
Another vivid example of your deranged obsession with homo-sex. Nice work.

Based on your behavior - and your vulgar sexual imaginations in a public place - it seems obvious that you are a very mentally and emotionally troubled, confused, self-loathing closet homosexual.

Lay your hands on THAT.

Tawas City, Michigan

#17161 Jan 4, 2014
The only question is which state will be the next with marriage equality, and will it happen before this thread reaches 20,000 of the same lame posts?

My money is on my own state of Michigan in Feb/Mar.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Studio City, CA

#17162 Jan 4, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us, Lides, if a heterosexual man petitioned for the right to marry his male heterosexual roommate, is he also granted this right by the 14th Amendment?
You couldn't seriously be that stupid...or could you? Have you been living under a rock during this whole marriage debate? Do you understand the definition of "same-sex marriage?"

Just as a man and woman are NOT required (by law or church) to describe their sexual orientation, or the extent to which they will have sex, or the type of sex, or if they can/will procreate together - so it goes with same sex couples. It is no one's business who they are or why they have decided to marry. You don't get that?!

gaylloyd, honey, you are just as stupid as you are tedious. BEGONE before I drop a Leather Bear on you!

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Studio City, CA

#17163 Jan 4, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, EVERYTHING has a purpose. I'm glad you're taking this path of denial because it is a VERY essential element of the Big Lie that is Liberal political denial. They engage in many criminal activities in the name of their social engineering. They have committed MANY crimes that they realized they were ignorant as @#$% on when they started and now they want to sweep those mistakes under the carpet at my expense.
I'm not a guinea pig, not even if my POS mother may have wished it in her hatred of men. Everyone who has committed acts of harassment, whether through their church, their government or their mob connections will pay. I have EVERY intention of crushing them to power or shutting their gops for good, whichever comes first.
I'm SO glad to have you here to play your part. Now, I've left you a seed to follow. Please DO sink your teeth in and talk about my mother now, because we are going to clear the air on what "authority" is and you have a special part to play in revealing it.
"anonymous"
"location hidden"

Sorry, charlie, but that doesn't look like someone who is capable of "crushing" anything but a beer can.

Angry much? I'd be angry too if I were part of a disappearing minority of bitter, self-loathing, powerless evangelikal konsevatives. Enjoy the fall!

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Studio City, CA

#17164 Jan 4, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
The only question is which state will be the next with marriage equality, and will it happen before this thread reaches 20,000 of the same lame posts?
My money is on my own state of Michigan in Feb/Mar.
Add Arkansas, Florida, Oregon, Pennsylvania, West Virginia as most likely to move forward with equal rights for all...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 min WasteWater 9,788
News In ME, Trump strikes back at US Chamber on trade 3 min WasteWater 22
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,396,334
News Efforts to fight Zika fail as lawmakers play po... 4 min Bert 22
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 228,942
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Blitzking 199,518
News Trump takes on trade deals in Pennsylvania speech 7 min WasteWater 62
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min positronium 388,398
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 14 min spocko 544
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 3 hr WasteWater 1,269
More from around the web