Gay marriage

There are 20 comments on the Mar 28, 2013, Los Angeles Times story titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

d pantz

Chicago, IL

#13405 Dec 10, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. What if they are? What men and women do in a pride parade is inconsequential. It has no bearing on their capacity to perform their job.
Dumb troll. Very dumb troll.
in a public place??? Do you know that there might be kids on the streets??? WTF, would okay straight people running down the road naked??? Quit while you're ahead ,sicko.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13406 Dec 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you, along with Terry, Liddie, Mikey, and Rosie, could saddle up your rainbow ponies, form a posse, and go after them. Bring 'em to justice.
<quoted text>
It be like trying to enforce sodomy laws in Province town.
<quoted text>
So what should be charged with? Having sex out of wedlock? Purporting to married even though they're not legally married? Engaging in "spiritual marriage"? Fathering children, or giving birth to children, out of wedlock? If that's the charge, the NBA, might b in trouble.
Except of course sodomy isn't illegal and any laws banning it are unconstitutional.

They should be charged with bigamy, which IS illegal.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13407 Dec 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet it still exist, provides entertainment via reality shows, and income for TLC. Good thing it's illegal. Maybe that part of the marketing plan.
Or maybe it's all just fake as part of their "marketing plan"?

Some people will do just about anything to get on TV and make a little money.

Either way, just because some people continue to commit a crime in spite of it being illegal isn't a reason to decriminalize it. If that's your logic, we'd have to decriminalize murder, rape, incest, robbery, child molestation, and practically every law on the books.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13408 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
All the legal experts agree same-sex couples have the right to marry; the only disagreement if WHEN will the last ban preventing us from exercising that right be overturned.
ALL the legal experts? You've validated their credentials and taken a poll?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#13409 Dec 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove my points lides;
Where did I say anything about imposing beliefs on others? I simply noted a common and clear fact about God. It takes faith to believe.
It takes stupidity to believe in your god. It's clear he does not exist.
KiMare wrote:
Why would there need to be demands on a couple that needs protection NOT to procreate? Especially when compared to a duplicate gendered couple who can NEVER mutually procreate!
No question about who is stupid...
Smirk.
You.
The ability to procreate is not needed to marry.

North Hollywood, CA

#13410 Dec 10, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
They are always latent..gets boring doesn't it?
I can't imagine why else they would care.
:)

North Hollywood, CA

#13411 Dec 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but I don't, its amazing how "leg" from the leg lamp bore a resemblance to your former icon photo, that's all.:)
Well, Einstein, the leg lamp was an idealized leg. I don't get why you think I'd be insulted by being told my legs look too good to be real. But hey, I'm dealing with you.

North Hollywood, CA

#13412 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfectly good marriage equality forum. Perhaps if you would get on topic and tell us why polygamy shouldn't be allowed instead of just reciting dumb schoolyard ad hominem it would be a much better marriage equality forum.
But you prefer to troll. And hurl dopey insults.
"Polygamy shouldn't be allowed because Frankie really doesn't think it should be allowed, he's lying." Priceless.
GET AN ARGUMENT.
I never stated a position on polygamy, moron.
What to talk about it?
Go to a polygamy forum.
You won't because you don't give a damn about polygamy, as long as people of the same sex aren't married to each other.
If you wanted to discuss polygamy, you'd go to a polygamy forum.
There must be at least one on the internet.
But you just want to troll the forum called, "Gay marriage".

North Hollywood, CA

#13413 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an argument. Polygamy should be allowed because everyone should get equal protection of the law. Even those creepy polygamists.snip.
Polygamists already have equal protection of the law.

North Hollywood, CA

#13414 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes exactly the same amount of faith to be positive God doesn't exist as it does to be positive she does.
No, stupid, it does not.
If god existed, there would be evidence of his existence.
But there is none.
So, any rational person would conclude he doesn't exist.

North Hollywood, CA

#13415 Dec 10, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you have it...
We were talking about men in penis suits and this fellow -- Dusty Mangina -- thinks they should be allowed to teach school. The point here is this is the mentality we'll soon have in every classroom in America if the insanity continues. It's the direction these people are taking -- "There's not a single thing wrong with a man in a penis suit marching down Main Street."
Say, Dusty, how about the guy in bottomless chaps who let's his "top" lead him down Main Street on a dog leash?
Would you let him teach school too?
Chaps are by definition bottomless.
Why do you add the bottomless?
Just to bring that image of a man's firm cheeks framed in leather to mind?

North Hollywood, CA

#13416 Dec 10, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And it's what you DON'T think about, Rose.
In your pea-sized brain same-sex marriage is about letting people who are in love get married. That's the talking point you've adopted and that's all you want to talk about.
Actually, I never use love in my argument.
It's all about equal protection.
garylloyd wrote:
You certainly don't want to talk about men in penis suits and on dog leashes marching down Main Street
No, have no desire to talk about that, but I'm sure there are many sex chat forums where you can find people who want to.
garylloyd wrote:
and that's because there are no talking points on that -- you'd have to wing it on your own and that's something you neither have the education nor intelligence to do.
These men in penis suits want to sexualize youth and they would not be able to do it without useful idiots like you, Rose.
Rose's Law...

North Hollywood, CA

#13417 Dec 10, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's just it, isn't it, Einstein?
Women who flash their boobs are not teaching school -- if we find out, they're out the door.
You just made that up.
garylloyd wrote:
Are you saying that should be the same policy for men who wear penis suits in your gay pride parade, or are you just giving yet another unsolicited public masturbation exhibition?
You're really into those penis suits, huh?
gary, nobody else gives a damn about them.

North Hollywood, CA

#13418 Dec 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It has the leg of natural procreation to stand on...snip...
You don't have to be able to able to reproduce in order to marry.
Next.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#13419 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it hasn't.
Either way it's still 100% irrelevant to marriage for same-sex couples.
Yes it has. So sorry. try again, insert another 2 cents please.

The fact is most gay men (about 66%) do anal sex, most straight men (about 60%) don't do anal sex. Of the straight men who have done anal sex, most (74%) have experimented with it only. Of the gay men who do anal sex, they do it routinely.

Nothing to be ashamed of, just facts. I attach no value judgements to these numbers, you shouldn't either. But I insist they are correct. If you say they are not, prove me wrong.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#13420 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is precisely why no one on here believes you actually support polygamy & incest.
That's a common tactic among dishonest fools like yourself. Trying to make me prove my sincerity because you have no argument against mine on the topic. It's not gonna work sunshine. Even if I wasn't sincere in my support for marriage equality, you still have no argument against mine. I support marriage equality and you do not.

See Rose_NoHo about red herrings and straw men, she's an expert.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#13421 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have the right to equal protection of the laws. But that can only apply to those similarly situated.
Here's some examples to help you understand:
-Adults and children are not similarly situated, therefore they don't have the equal protection of laws which apply to adults such as voting and marriage and property rights and driving and drinking etc.
-A married person and a single person isn't similarly situated, therefore they don't have the equal protection of laws which apply to married people such as immigration sponsorship, immunity from testifying against each other, tax breaks, insurance breaks, etc.
And a group of people isn't similarly situated to a couple, therefore they don't have the equal protection of laws which apply to couples such as the right to marry or joint adoption.
You don't need to be identical, just similarly situated- i.e. single, adult, not closely related.
Here's something to help you along. I support marriage equality and you do not.

Your ridiculous "seeks extra protection" argument is just that. Ridiculous. No one is seeking "greater" protection you dunderhead, just equal, which we are all supposedly granted. But not if you were King eh? Good thing you're not.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as your marriage. No "greater", but certainly no less.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#13422 Dec 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet it still exist, provides entertainment via reality shows, and income for TLC. Good thing it's illegal. Maybe that part of the marketing plan.
Here's another "illegal" family, no, not illegal immigrants. Man oh man, Sheepie and the Rainbow pony posse, are going to be busy.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20729...
Move over Sister Wives, there's a new polygamous family in town.
My Five Wives is TLC's latest foray into the world of polygamy. The one-hour special profiles Brady Williams, his five wives and 24 children, who all live together on a large family property outside of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Brady and his wives maintain that they practice polygamy not only for religious reasons, but also out of mutual love and commitment to each other. They are estranged from their church and therefore shunned by their community and many family members, but the Williams family believes the sacrifices are worth it.
Here's what's up with the wives:
Paulie, the First Wife: Brady and Paulie have been married for 21 years and have six children together (ranging in age from 9 to 20). A dental hygienist, Paulie was raised in a polygamist family but supports her oldest daughter who is in a monogamous marriage.
Robyn, the Second Wife: Brady and Robyn have been married for 20 years and have five children together (ranging in age from 9 to 19). Growing up in a polygamist family, Robyn always expected to be a plural wife.
Rosemary, the Third Wife: Married to Brady for 18 years, Rosemary is the mother to four children, ages 11 to 17. She is studying for her teaching degree in music and biology at a local college.
Nonie, the Fourth Wife: When she first met Brady, Nonie was living in Montana, so the couple dated long-distance before they got engaged. After 15 years of marriage and five children, Nonie is the only wife that works with Brady on a regular basis on the family's construction business.
Rhonda, the Fifth Wife: After marrying into the family 12 years ago, Rhonda confesses that it took eight years before she "really" felt like part of the family. The mother of four admits that while there are downsides to polygamy, she loves that her kids will always have other mothers around that love them.
My Five Wives will air Sept. 15 on TLC.
Every polygamist I have ever encountered supports SSM. It's the very rare homosexual who supports it though. What's wrong with this picture?

It's that the selfish fools think polygamy is just a plot against their marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#13423 Dec 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a polyphobe.....priceless!
Sheeple is not just a run of the mill polyphobe he's a very vicious and rather stupid one. He doesn't notice his hypocrisy. Gay good straight bad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#13424 Dec 10, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated a position on polygamy, moron.
What to talk about it?
Go to a polygamy forum.
You won't because you don't give a damn about polygamy, as long as people of the same sex aren't married to each other.
If you wanted to discuss polygamy, you'd go to a polygamy forum.
There must be at least one on the internet.
But you just want to troll the forum called, "Gay marriage".
Right. You won't state your position because it would reveal your hypocrisy. You are very obviously against marriage equality or else why so angry at me? Don't shoot the messenger. You're a hypocrite, you're really mad at yourself.

I support marriage equality for every consenting adult who wants to marry. And you don't. So climb down off your gay horse and get a credible argument why. Then maybe we can talk. "I'm not saying" says a lot dummy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min ACTUALLY 161,002
Who do you side with in Ferguson? (Aug '14) 7 min R12 Freon 12,166
Loosing Innocent Lives In An Airstrike: Do the ... 11 min Old Pom 97
News Ferguson's ugly, racist emails released 29 min R12 Freon 664
News Marco Rubio: Desperate for Cuba Deal, Obama Ign... 47 min Liger 44
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr litesong 34,195
News Hillary Clinton - no stranger to controversy 1 hr Sally 203
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 2 hr ItaSta 208
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr VorenusI 324,657
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr John Galt 1,220,549
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr IND 179,323
More from around the web