Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61362 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13431 Dec 10, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stop there, moron Frankie.
You see, polygamy is both irrelevant to the topic, and further it does not seek equal protection of the law for two people (as already exists in every state in the union), it seeks extraordinary protection for three or more.
Your regular return to this inept and off topic argument tends to indicate that you have nothing to offer on the topic at hand, and are apparently too stupid to make an on topic argument, or for that matter to understand that three or more is greater than two.
Congratulations, Frankie, with each renewed off topic post, you reaffirm that you are an imbecile.
Polygamy is not irrelevant in a discussion of marriage equality. Sorry. Good try. You will either have to argue why it shouldn't be allowed, or ignore me. Your choice puddinghead.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#13432 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Polygamy is not irrelevant in a discussion of marriage equality.
Sure it is Frankie. Is three or more equal to two?

If you weren't an idiot, you would know the answer.

You see, moron, you aren't talking about equality. You are advocating for greater protection of the law. Ironically, given your mental deficiency in basic counting, you don't seem to understand this simple fact.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13433 Dec 10, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Only common if you were sincere and intelligent about it..It's not polygamy you want, Polygyny is what you're really after..Oink Oink..Ah the Good life Yuk Yuk! LOL
Nope. Polygamy. Polyandry and Polygyny, Also of course I support same sex polygamy. I didn't stutter. If a woman wants two husbands, it's her damn choice. Not yours.

When we cut through all your bullsh!t, I support marriage equality and you do not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13434 Dec 10, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, moron, you aren't talking about equality. You are advocating for greater protection of the law. Ironically, given your mental deficiency in basic counting, you don't seem to understand this simple fact.
Is a man a woman? Same argument. Own it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13435 Dec 10, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a mental deficiency in counting, but you can't tell a man from a woman. See how that works?

Are you having a hard time justifying your bigotry meathead? Good.

Remember! I support marriage equality, and you don't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#13436 Dec 10, 2013
The subtext in all this same-sex hoopla is that once same-sex marriage is the law in all of the states a new day of equality and dignity will be had by all...

... including the men in penis suits and go-go boys in bottomless leather chaps being led down the parade route by dog leashes by their tops ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#13437 Dec 10, 2013
The subtext in all this same-sex hoopla is that once same-sex marriage is the law in all of the states a new day of dignity will be had by gays everywhere...

... including the men in penis suits and go-go boys in bottomless leather chaps being led down the parade route on dog leashes by their tops ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13438 Dec 10, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not advocating for greater protection. Just equal protection. I want the same right to marry the way I want that you already enjoy.

It won't hurt you to let me have it. If polygamy were made legal it would still be so rare you would probably never have to be horribly offended by the sight of a happy poly family.

Marriage. There is no one right way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13439 Dec 10, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
The subtext in all this same-sex hoopla is that once same-sex marriage is the law in all of the states a new day of equality and dignity will be had by all...
... including the men in penis suits and go-go boys in bottomless leather chaps being led down the parade route by dog leashes by their tops ...
But not for polygamists or incest. Someone has to draw the line! And lides, Sheeple and Rose_BlowHole are just the men to do it! They will don their rainbow suits and stomp it out!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13440 Dec 10, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, polygamy is both irrelevant to the topic, and further it does not seek equal protection of the law for two people (as already exists in every state in the union), it seeks extraordinary protection for three or more.
Your regular return to this inept and off topic argument tends to indicate that you have nothing to offer on the topic at hand, and are apparently too stupid to make an on topic argument, or for that matter to understand that three or more is greater than two.
Congratulations, Frankie, with each renewed off topic post, you reaffirm that you are an imbecile.
"Seeks extraordinary protection" Love it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#13441 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a mental deficiency in counting, but you can't tell a man from a woman. See how that works?
Are you having a hard time justifying your bigotry meathead? Good.
Remember! I support marriage equality, and you don't.
No Frankie, you are too stupid to understand what equality is, and you suffer from the delusion that polygamy, which by definition seeks for three or more people to enter into a single marriage is seeking equality, actually seeks equal protection of the law.

Anyone who could count to three, or understand that three or more is greater than two, would see that they do not seek equality.

At a minimum, a moderately intelligent, counting challenged person, could see that the two things are separate issues, and that polygamy is in no way relevant to the topic at hand.

You don't seem to understand either.

One could infer that you are an idiot.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13442 Dec 10, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You are very wrong. Polygamy is perfectly relevant in any discussion of marriage equality. Censorship sucks. Are you trying to hide something?

What do you fear if a woman marries two men? Is it cool with you if she bangs both of them while she's single but uncool if she marries them? Why?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#13443 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Polygamy. Polyandry and Polygyny, Also of course I support same sex polygamy. I didn't stutter. If a woman wants two husbands, it's her damn choice. Not yours.
When we cut through all your bullsh!t, I support marriage equality and you do not.
My Bullsh!t?! Nah, I could care less. If you can get an extra wife more power to you but that's your own fight and not to be tacked on to the backs of gays fighting for equal rights. But tell me Pappy, which one of your sons from which wife, will inherit your kingdom, lead the tribe and the keys to the harem? Won't that cause some infighting? Or how about this? You marry her, she marries him, he marries her, she marries him, he marries him, he marries her and she marries her, she marries him and he marries me....Now we are all married to each other! I guess then were ALL equal eh?
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Southfield, MA

#13444 Dec 10, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Comrade Lides calling for 'equal protection' under the law then denying others the same rights. Typical hypocritical lying liberal.

If you like your current plan you can keep it.
ROTFLMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Southfield, MA

#13445 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You are very wrong. Polygamy is perfectly relevant in any discussion of marriage equality. Censorship sucks. Are you trying to hide something?
What do you fear if a woman marries two men? Is it cool with you if she bangs both of them while she's single but uncool if she marries them? Why?
Careful Frankie, Lides is one of those super blue liberals from Massachusetts and an admitted communist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13446 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it has. So sorry. try again, insert another 2 cents please.
The fact is most gay men (about 66%) do anal sex, most straight men (about 60%) don't do anal sex. Of the straight men who have done anal sex, most (74%) have experimented with it only. Of the gay men who do anal sex, they do it routinely.
Nothing to be ashamed of, just facts. I attach no value judgements to these numbers, you shouldn't either. But I insist they are correct. If you say they are not, prove me wrong.
The fact is 99% of straight men have been the recipient of anal sex and enjoy it routinely.

See, anyone can make up facts.

You made the claim, the onus is on you to defend it.

Btw, random anonymous sex surveys don't count as facts.

Tawas City, Michigan

#13447 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a common tactic among dishonest fools like yourself. Trying to make me prove my sincerity because you have no argument against mine on the topic. It's not gonna work sunshine. Even if I wasn't sincere in my support for marriage equality, you still have no argument against mine. I support marriage equality and you do not.
See Rose_NoHo about red herrings and straw men, she's an expert.
Obviously I do have an argument against polygamy & incest, and a rather effective one since both remain illegal throughout the US.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13448 Dec 10, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
My Bullsh!t?! Nah, I could care less. If you can get an extra wife more power to you but that's your own fight and not to be tacked on to the backs of gays fighting for equal rights. But tell me Pappy, which one of your sons from which wife, will inherit your kingdom, lead the tribe and the keys to the harem? Won't that cause some infighting? Or how about this? You marry her, she marries him, he marries her, she marries him, he marries him, he marries her and she marries her, she marries him and he marries me....Now we are all married to each other! I guess then were ALL equal eh?
I am talking theoretically, for the sake of argument. I don't want to marry one woman certainly not two or three. I just want to discuss marriage equality. I believe if some consenting adults want to, they should be allowed to. And you seem to have no credible arguments against it except some nonsensical tripe about arithmetic.

My point is we aren't done yet when you get yours. There are still good people being denied. If you won't support them at least don't mock them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13449 Dec 10, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful Frankie, Lides is one of those super blue liberals from Massachusetts and an admitted communist.
Commie eh? Yeah. I noticed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#13450 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's something to help you along. I support marriage equality and you do not.
Your ridiculous "seeks extra protection" argument is just that. Ridiculous. No one is seeking "greater" protection you dunderhead, just equal, which we are all supposedly granted. But not if you were King eh? Good thing you're not.
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as your marriage. No "greater", but certainly no less.
Nope, polygamy and incest are no more entitled to equal treatment under our marriage law than children or dogs are.

They aren't similarly situated to an unrelated adult couple, so they aren't entitled to equal protection of the laws which cover married couples.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Student arrested for refusing to leave 'die-in' 2 min Marauder 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Sarah 1,779,083
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Game Lor Coka 86,831
News Congress doesn't want you to eat your dog or cat 19 min southern at heart 651
News Melania Trump says US should govern - with hear... 25 min sly mongoose 14
News Republicans risking conservative backlash over ... 31 min sly mongoose 49
News Analysis: Tax cuts, spending to raise deficit t... 40 min swampmudd 47
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 1 hr guest 912
News Trump's land of delusion 8 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 626