Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 60846 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10797 Nov 25, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals have the right to marry -- following the same rules anyone else does.
Allowing them to marry each other accepts the premise that they are a suspect class. This is a premise that should not be accepted because by all accounts homosexuals are little more than a sex cult.
End of story.
Except of course it's obviously NOT the end of the story.

Same-sex couples can marry regardless of their sexual orientation.

Soon all states will be forced to recognize those legal marriages.

Tawas City, Michigan

#10798 Nov 25, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
Another thing I find incredible is these liberals who would have us believe that these jackasses who prance up and down Main Street in penis suits should have the right to adopt kids.
Ditto for the heteros in the Mardi Gras parade...

Since: Jan 06

Oshawa, Canada

#10799 Nov 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Marriage is marriage. If you have the legal right to be a gay couple, you have the legal right to be a gay MARRIED couple. End of debate.
Let's climb out of the 19th century, folks.
Check this out : http://rikijo.blogspot.com

Excellent read.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#10800 Nov 25, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
Homosexuals have the right to marry -- following the same rules anyone else does.
Gary, thus far, you have been utterly incapable of articulating a compelling state interest served by limiting marriage to opposites sex couples that would render such a restriction constitutional.
garylloyd wrote:
Allowing them to marry each other accepts the premise that they are a suspect class.
Actually, in many jurisdictions they already are a suspect class. Allowing them equality under the law to marry the adult, consenting, same sex partner of their choosing in no way makes them a suspect class. Only an intesely stupid person would claim that it does.
garylloyd wrote:
This is a premise that should not be accepted because by all accounts homosexuals are little more than a sex cult.
In your idiotic opinion, which you are utterly incapable of supporting with facts. Congratulations, Gary, you've proven that you are a bigoted idiot.
garylloyd wrote:
End of story.
End of story, Gary's an idiot.

Well played.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#10801 Nov 25, 2013
lides wrote:
Allowing them equality under the law to marry the adult, consenting, same sex partner of their choosing in no way makes them a suspect class.
You left out the word "qualifying." These qualifications eliminate the possibility of marriage for many people.

Tawas City, Michigan

#10802 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like the gays here though, and we offer free public educations, including sex education here.
And yet you anti-gays don't want the very education in public schools which could prevent many of those infections.

Btw, in many places in Africa villages are being completely depopulated because the majority of heteros have died from HIV.

Tawas City, Michigan

#10803 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the word "qualifying." These qualifications eliminate the possibility of marriage for many people.
Only if those qualifications are upheld as being constitutional.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10804 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion doesn't "qualify".

WE all say so.

Now shut up.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#10805 Nov 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Yes, Wondering. Yet those qualifications must serve a compelling governmental interest if they exclude anyone from a specific protection of the law, and they must be narrowly tailored to accomplish their goal.

You have consistently been incapable of offering a rational defense of restricting marriage to opposite sex couples. I have long attributed your lack of ability to present such an argument to the fact that you are both bigoted and unintelligent. Don't feel too badly, it appears that the detractors of marriage equality are having a similar difficulty in finding such an argument that would allow them to explain the restriction of marriage to opposite sex couples as being necessary, valid, and constitutional. This is why they have consistently lost in court.

Now, I shall return to ignoring your spurious drivel.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#10806 Nov 25, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
Here's the deal: the jury is in. Thirty-years after the universal safe-sex campaign while the hetero HIV rate remains stable, the gay male HIV rate continues to grow. In 2010 MSM HIV went up a shocking 12%. Worse still, for the same time period MSM accounted for 78% of new infections among males.
CONCLUSION: What other conclusion can there be except there's no safe way to have male-to-male anal sex?...
I came to the conclusion that you are fixated on male-to-male anal sex.

Santa Monica, CA

#10807 Nov 25, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Gary, junk science. Their work is kind of like your posts, a great number of claims and assertions that cannot be supported by facts or empirical data.
<quoted text>
Gary is an idiot.
No kidding!

Santa Monica, CA

#10808 Nov 25, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
Another thing I find incredible is these liberals who would have us believe that these jackasses who prance up and down Main Street in penis suits should have the right to adopt kids.
Don't worry, they have a "Did you prance up and down Main Street in a penis suit?" question to check off. If you check "Yes" you don't get to adopt a kid.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#10809 Nov 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you anti-gays don't want the very education in public schools which could prevent many of those infections.
It's a medical issue. Whether you're gay or straight, avoid sharing needles, avoid unprotected sex. There, I just saved the taxpayers over $1 billion.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#10810 Nov 25, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary, thus far, you have been utterly incapable of articulating a compelling state interest served by limiting marriage to opposites sex couples that would render such a restriction constitutional.
I haven't articulated a compelling state interest to limiting marriage to humans either.
Actually, in many jurisdictions they already are a suspect class. Allowing them equality under the law to marry the adult, consenting, same sex partner of their choosing in no way makes them a suspect class. Only an intesely stupid person would claim that it does.
You apparently don't understand the concept of "suspect class" which is odd because you acknowledge that in some states they're already a suspect class. Tell us, Jackass, do you think that a coincide or the result of a successful legal defense for same sex marriage?
Anal love

Oak Lawn, IL

#10811 Nov 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Marriage is marriage. If you have the legal right to be a gay couple, you have the legal right to be a gay MARRIED couple. End of debate.
Let's climb out of the 19th century, folks.
I lost a bet with my wife from St. Louis when they beat the Bears yesterday. She got to "strap one on" and give me my first anal experience. I must say it was enjoyable so I'm all for gay marriage!

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#10812 Nov 25, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. The federal government says otherwise. You have no authority over our relationships. In other words, you're irrelevant. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Further, your aids mantra, which is a smokescreen for your obvious hatred of LGBT people, has nothing to do with SSM.
The jury is in, fella -- male-to-male anal sex is morbidly unhealthy.

Thirty years after universal same-sex education your HIV rate is sky-rocketing. Although only 4% of the population, you're 78% of all new male HIV cases.

I interpret that as meaning there's no safe way of having MSM anal sex.

What's your interpretation, fella?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#10813 Nov 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The current terms used to describe the identity may be new; the identity isn't.
Its not that simple. Seems odd that such an identity is a recent invention despite the practice of same sex sexual behavior acroos time and place. Why would if have to be invented in the first place if its not new?
Why do some people with opposite-sex sexual attraction feel no need for a "hetero" identity?
Its an invented identity.
Or even choose not to engage in opposite-sex sexual behavior?
Asexual? Low, or no sex drive.
Labeling oneself is a choice, just as engaging in a particular behavior is a choice.
Exactly, a choice.

Santa Monica, CA

#10814 Nov 25, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
The jury is in, fella -- male-to-male anal sex is morbidly unhealthy.
Thirty years after universal same-sex education your HIV rate is sky-rocketing. Although only 4% of the population, you're 78% of all new male HIV cases.
I interpret that as meaning there's no safe way of having MSM anal sex.
What's your interpretation, fella?
My interpretation is you can't get your mind off of male-to-male anal sex.

Santa Monica, CA

#10815 Nov 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not that simple. Seems odd that such an identity is a recent invention despite the practice of same sex sexual behavior acroos time and place. Why would if have to be invented in the first place if its not new?
<quoted text>
Its an invented identity.
<quoted text>
Asexual? Low, or no sex drive.
<quoted text>
Exactly, a choice.
Are you straight?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#10816 Nov 25, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I teach children who are raised by gay and lesbian parents, greg. They don't give a shit. Their friends don't give a shit. Their relatives don't give a shit. Nobody, other than you, gives a shit.
These children are being raised in a loving home by TWO parents (as opposed to divorced families).
Can you, for once, admit that children would rather have two loving parents that two hateful parents???????
Of course you can't. You're a troll and a hateful Christian. Jesus thinks you're a dick, BTW.
Dear friends, this is being posted because it is clear from those who know the man's mentality, that Greg Kirschmann the PROVEN and ADJUDGED Predator see the Notice http://share.cx.com/bGPnbx to share "the Legacy of a Predator now assaulting Gays and Lesbians.pdf"

Iesus Christ says he is a thief and a robber indeed. Sorry, but calling him a dick well he is more vile than a dick, that's all. Notice the swine photo? http://share.cx.com/DxxRNc See the resemblance? He is swine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 min Agents of Corruption 12,550
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min VorenusI 340,799
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Blitzking 173,442
News Trump: 'I have to do right thing' 12 min My name is Nobody 222
News Jindal: Louisiana stronger since Katrina 15 min Sterkfontein Swar... 9
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min Jay 193,606
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 24 min My name is Nobody 286
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 38 min RoxLo 1,275,357
News Cheneys liken Iran nuclear deal to Munich pact 52 min Ditat Deus 33
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 2 hr Donut Manic 157
More from around the web