Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61394 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6790 Oct 12, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you're the one drawing the distinction. We have all of the same marriage characteristics that you have. See, there's no difference.
Please be specific.

Smile.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#6791 Oct 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I can just see.
Are duplicate genders equal to diverse genders? It's a simple question, which has a valid answer, even if you don't want to say it.
Smirk.
Are you an idiot?
The people themselves are not, and do not have to be, equal. The Constitution requires that the states provide them with equal protection of the law. Do you understand the difference?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#6792 Oct 12, 2013
lides wrote:
By definition, polygamy seeks greater protection of the law for three or more people.
False. Every person gets equal protection. No person gets double or triple protection. A rock is smarter than you are.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#6793 Oct 12, 2013
lides wrote:
The Constitution requires that the states provide them with equal protection of the law.
They do. Everyone in any given state has the same laws and requirements applied to them.

Face it, you don't understand the constitution. You are the idiot that said states have no interest in stable families, because they allow divorce. You are still a laugh a minute.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6794 Oct 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Miss Thing, prove it. Prove that if polygamy became legal society would destabilize. I won't wait.
It's called cultural anthropology, Blankie. Just because YOU are totally clueless about it doesn't mean everyone is.

Prove what it's like to be dead.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6795 Oct 12, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
False. Every person gets equal protection. No person gets double or triple protection. A rock is smarter than you are.
helloooooooooooo

A marriage is not one person, it is two. Not 3, not 4, not 5. TWO.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6796 Oct 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
The problem is, gays are trying to dumb down marriage so much, anyone and anything can get in.
Care to prove that nonsense? Of course you don't. You never prove ANYTHING.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#6797 Oct 12, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
helloooooooooooo
It could be 3 or 4 or 5.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6798 Oct 12, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize, of course, that ads on a sight are chosen by the cookies on your computer to tailor content that would be applicable to you, right? I'm seeing a lot of ads for Pippin on Broadway, because I visit a lot of theatrical websites. I guess we know where else you go online now.
Thanks for revealing things that no one here ever really wanted to know.
Ads on a "sight"? What's a "sight"? A website I suppose.

YUK!YUK!YUK! What a dope.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6799 Oct 12, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a number of poster, yourself included, who have raised the question of polygamy. By definition, polygamy seeks greater protection of the law for three or more people. Anyone who can count could see that what they seek is not equal.
<quoted text>
You have let your religion slip on more than one occasion. It has no applicability to matters of civil law.
<quoted text>
The simple fact is that if you dumb down the concept of equal protection, it becomes meaningless.
I haven't offered a straw man, I have rebutted arguments that you have advanced. My position has remained consistant, and is based in the US Constitution, specifically the 14th Amendment guarantee of equal protection.
Thus far you seem incapable of offering any compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional.
The "seeks greater protection" argument is absurd. By that logic a large race of people say Asians is seeking greater protection than a small race of people, say Inuits.

Is that your argument moron? Asians seek greater protection than Inuits because there are more of them so we shouldn't give them civil rights?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6800 Oct 12, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact is that if you dumb down the concept of equal protection, it becomes meaningless.
Exactly. Same with marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6801 Oct 12, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be 3 or 4 or 5.
Yes. He tells me to take a cultural anthropology course and then he tells us polygamy is not marriage.

It's pointless to make fun of Neil An Blowme's stupdity because it will take him the rest of the day to figure it out.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6802 Oct 12, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called cultural anthropology, Blankie. Just because YOU are totally clueless about it doesn't mean everyone is.
Yes. I know what it's called, I have a degree in it, that's where I learned to spell it.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6803 Oct 12, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
helloooooooooooo
And you tell me to take a cultural anthropology course. What does gamy mean Mona? As in polygamy? It means MARRIAGE. What does poly mean Mona? As in poly MARRIAGE?

I hate to waste my time teaching you something you couldn't be bothered to learn for yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6804 Oct 12, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
helloooooooooooo
Hi!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6805 Oct 12, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be 3 or 4 or 5.
of course it can. Mona has decided poly marriage is not marriage. She learned that in cultural anthropology classes in Hoboken Junior College doncha know.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6806 Oct 12, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to say it but I think even Neil An Blowme is smarter than lides.

Polygamy seeks "greater" protection. Too funny! Wouldn't want to hog all the protection away from lides now, would we?

Ah good times!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6807 Oct 12, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Objects in your mirror are dumber than they appear.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#6808 Oct 12, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to prove that nonsense? Of course you don't. You never prove ANYTHING.
That's rich coming from you.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6809 Oct 12, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be 3 or 4 or 5.
It could be 5,000..... but it isn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News Trump on unarmed Clinton guards: 'Let's se... 1 min barefoot2626 824
News Clinton in a landslide in endorsements: Do they... 1 min Diamonds7156 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,433,903
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Blitzking 210,065
News The Latest: Trump praises Germany's Merkel as '... 2 min barefoot2626 24
News Hillary Clinton speaks in Orlando on her plan f... 3 min Go Blue Forever 16
News Post-debate poll: Clinton takes round one 3 min barefoot2626 340
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min IND 244,081
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 18 min Quirky 396,033
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 31 min Tn clm 10,607
More from around the web