Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61402 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#59519 Aug 22, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol --- you are comical and make my day! you live in your own little world with the hopes you attract others like yourself. you sound like a complete moronic idiot. keep it coming you fool
Well thank you. You want more? Here is more!

The second category involves verses which give unlimited powers to those who pray and ask God for assistance. Among these are comments as:

"Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you"--John 16:23;

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive"Matt. 21:22.

John 14:13-14 NIV, "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Please help Bruno, I have asked Jesus in the name of the Father to heal Frankie so he doesn't need his wheel chair any more and there is no answer from God. Perhaps if a devout Bible Believing, filled with faith, real and true pew warmer such as yourself would ask, God would answer.

Location hidden

#59520 Aug 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, We aren't the ones running from it, or making utterly irrelevant arguments.
It would seem, idiot Frankie, that you are the one incapable of handling the truth.
When you call others idiots lides what you show us is you have no valid or convincing rebuttal. I wish you were as tired of your petty bickering and posturing as I am.

Location hidden

#59521 Aug 22, 2014
Costello wrote:
<quoted text>
You are PARANOID !
Look at that Frankie, Costello used CAPS! He must be SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#59522 Aug 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I support SSM. I support polygamy too, but you don't. So we can easily see that I support marriage freedom, and you don't. When we cut through all your angry bullsh!t, that's the truth squeaky.
Good post Frankie. I too support Marriage freedom.

Let us consider the number of homophobic intolerant bigots who use the Bible to speak against the marriage freedom of others.

Look at the lowest of the low, KKKiMare, SevenEleven, PeepeeArmondo etc. who believe only in marriage for a man who asks a woman.

Then we have the middle morons like Sheepie, Poop1, lides etc who believe in slightly more freedom and liberty adding a man should be able to marry a man.

And then there is us, on the top, the only ones supporting freedom for everyone because we are true humanitarians and respect the rights of our fellow human beings.

Location hidden

#59523 Aug 22, 2014
Costello wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sick puppy !
pot/kettle

Are you a clone of Seven Eleven?

Location hidden

#59524 Aug 22, 2014
Bruno wrote:
Goooood morning yall ---
Funny how rose hasn't commented on any of the videos, lol
Rose has said quite clearly that she is not going to reply to really stupid people. And that probably means, and the really stupid stuff they post. I didn't watch the video's either because of who posted them. Why do you like making yourself look so horrible?

Location hidden

#59525 Aug 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware of your support.
Are you aware the sun is shining? Are you aware that you need to put on your clothes before you go outside and terrorize your neighborhood? Are you aware you have to refrigerate mayonnaise after you open the jar? It is difficult to believe that even you, lides, are so dense as to not know Frankie supports marriage freedom. How long did it take you to grasp that? Ten years and 50,000 posts?

Location hidden

#59526 Aug 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>....., and are too stupid to understand what equal means?
And you are too criminal for using equality instead of freedom. When you use equality it means some have something taken from them and something is given to others. And that is the chief difficulty you have that prevents you from understanding what freedom and liberty are.

Equality [and fairness] is the word fascists and communists use. Freedom and liberty are the words real Americans use. You provide all this proof that you are a fascist pig in your posts, then when I identify it correctly and accurately and call you a fascist, which clearly defines you, you object. If you are going to be a fascist and advocate fascism you should not object to me calling you a fascist lides.

Location hidden

#59528 Aug 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Frankie, it is because you are an idiot who is perpetually off topic. As such, your views on the actual topic are seldom expressed. How am I to discern the views you do not express, because you are too busy reaffirming that you are too stupid to count or understand what equal means?
We are not equal, and will never be equal and the government can not bring equality to us and make us all equal with one another; equality is an impossibility and you are psychotically evil presenting the 'equality' dog and pony show.

We should all be equal before the government. That means you have as much a right to marry a man as I have to marry a woman or a man, or two women and a man.

Your "equality" is NOT equal!

If a woman marries me and another woman wants to marry me you advocate she not be allowed to because of the influence of KKKrist-insanity in America. She is not equal if she can not marry me like I can marry my first wife and my first wife can marry me.

What a sick arrogant POS you are to deny equality to a woman will pretending to advocate equality.

The way you use equality it means discrimination.

Location hidden

#59531 Aug 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy is perfectly relevant in any discussion of marriage freedom.
Polygamy seeks nothing. But the people who choose it certainly do seek, and deserve, equal protection of the law just like you do Squeaky. That's what equal protection means. Everyone gets it. EVERYONE. Even people you ignorantly hate.
There has been traditional marriage for years and recently people have recognized that gays have been denied access to it and this thread is about including homosexuals.

Since it is about giving more people access to marriage it is logical and consistent to continue the discussion further and include extending access to marriage to everyone and not just the people lides approves of.

No wonder lides calls people names, he can't refute this rock solid argument.

Location hidden

#59532 Aug 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You too Cali. I'm getting lots of love from these clowns today! Ah good times.
Poop1 took a break and the judge-its dropped to 5 or 6 each, now that he is back they have doubled and tripled. These Christians, all of the, filled with the love of God.

Location hidden

#59533 Aug 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, the topic is "Gay Marriage", and you are off topic. I can also make an on topic argument.
When is the last time you made an on-topic comment? Can you give us the page number and post number? I do not remember you ever making an on-topic comment. All I ever remember about you is attacking people you can't refute and calling them names and insulting them. Can you find a post where that isn't true?

Location hidden

#59537 Aug 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>No, Frankie, equal means equal. Is three greater than, less than, or equal to two? You are a moron,
Two and Three are equally numbers, just as a man and a woman are equally human beings. Two men are human beings and one man and two women also are equally human beings.

Yes, three is a larger number than two. But they are both numbers.

You are trying to play another of your dog and pony show games lides.

Two is a single number different than three, another single number, just like one is a single number. All are necessary. If two is the only number you allow in your twisted thinking math becomes impossible.

Do you know that nuns marry Jesus? They are the brides of Jesus? How many nuns are there in the world today? Talk about polygamy lides.

Your whole "three is greater than two" fallacy does not explain why one woman can marry me but a second can not. What right do you have to tell Jane she can marry me but tell Mary she can't?

As one of the stupidest people posting in topix you really need to stop calling people who post using reason and logic stupid.

Location hidden

#59539 Aug 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can manipulate and pervert the law and words all you want. This reality remains:
Ss couples are vastly inferior to the complexity of diverse gender, sexually complementary, procreative marriage.
And there is not one damn thing you can do about it.
Smile.
Lides, do you have a direct reasoned response to what I wrote or just your normal gay troll hate and denial?
Your wholly unconvincing assertion is irrelevant KiMare. Today in America we are recognizing that each individual has the right to marry other individuals and the Government and religion has no say in it. You can keep whining but quite honestly you are just wasting your time. Are you so stupid you think you are going to change someone's mind about gay marriage? Clearly your insults and harassment aren't changing anyone's mind.

But you do make a good observation of lides inability to come up with a direct reasoned response to the insults and harassment which you have posted. All lides will be able to do is to call you names and insult you back. I guess that petty bickering is a Christian thing.

God says there is a time for marriage freedom, why do you go against God?

GOD: Ecclesiastes 3:2, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:...."

Will you address God as directly as you insist lides should address you?

Location hidden

#59540 Aug 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Ki Mare, Are homosexuals people?
Can you indicate a single compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples equality under the law to marry?
Are polygamists people lides? Can you state any benefit to anyone from denying polygamists the same freedom as others enjoy?

Location hidden

#59541 Aug 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality remains that using your inept rationalization, many straight couples would be denied the ability to legally marry. Procreation is neither a prerequisite for, nor a requirement of legal marriage. Infertile couples regularly marry. Elderly couples beyond menopause legally marry. Applying your standard all of these would be barred from legal marriage.
Your reply to KiMare is non-responsive to what he said. Since it took you 10 years and 50,000 posts to realize Frankie support marriage freedom for everyone you might want to go back and actually read what KiMare wrote. Not that I agree with what KiMare wrote, I don't, and I don't like it that he harasses gay people with it, but the point is you failed to address what he asserted, as wholly unconvincing as it was.

What did KiMare state: "Ss couples are vastly inferior to the complexity of diverse gender, sexually complementary, procreative marriage."

I can make an argument that the earth is over populated and polluted and that procreative marriage is a bad thing.

But you lides didn't answer KiMare, you went off with another of your hot headed over reactions.

I could say that oranges are vastly inferior to apples but that does not mean people should not engage in the peaceful activity of eating them or that the Government should ban them.

Location hidden

#59542 Aug 22, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incapable of understanding them. You prove that time and again.
It is true, lides repeatedly proves he can't understand time and time again. You can tell, the more he doesn't understand the more times he calls someone stupid.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#59543 Aug 22, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wholly unconvincing assertion is irrelevant KiMare. Today in America we are recognizing that each individual has the right to marry other individuals and the Government and religion has no say in it. You can keep whining but quite honestly you are just wasting your time. Are you so stupid you think you are going to change someone's mind about gay marriage? Clearly your insults and harassment aren't changing anyone's mind.
But you do make a good observation of lides inability to come up with a direct reasoned response to the insults and harassment which you have posted. All lides will be able to do is to call you names and insult you back. I guess that petty bickering is a Christian thing.
God says there is a time for marriage freedom, why do you go against God?
GOD: Ecclesiastes 3:2, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:...."
Will you address God as directly as you insist lides should address you?
Honey, I responded directly to YOU. Whats the matter, you have no rational rebuttal?

Smile.

Location hidden

#59544 Aug 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed my post was opinion. Man up and answer, or we'll take your lack of response as confirmation of your deceit and lack of charcter.
Smile.
Lides may be a moron and lack "charcter", and he may not have a clue how to answer you, but you are the one lacking the most character so it is funny that you would pull a pot/kettle like this.

You also lack human decency and a respect for the peaceful activities of your fellow human beings. Must be a Christian thing. It is the Holy Spook guiding you right?

Location hidden

#59545 Aug 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>My argument is that we cannot deny marriage equality due to moral disapproval. Your argument is "Frankie can't count".
lides argument fails on so many levels I have to wonder if there is time to go into them all.

Marriage freedom works and marriage micromanagement [what lides calls equality] doesn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min Born USA 391,451
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,405,076
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Chazofsaints 201,513
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min Bakker 5,559
News Trump bounces into the lead 8 min reality 226
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 10 min Responsibility 62
News Donald Trump encourages Russia to hack Hillary ... 12 min trump sucks 22
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Demonicrats 233,374
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 33 min spud 304
More from around the web