Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61392 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#59344 Aug 20, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
When Poop1 cheats by working with a Topix moderator to cowardly remove your posts and rig the judge-its against messages which are in complete compliance with TOPIX TOS he is showing us exactly how Christians really are. What does Poop1 win when he behaves so badly except a trip to hell! I hope he likes long vacations in hot places.
You understand that no "spamming" is permitted anywhere on Topix at any time. You will not post or transmit links, identical content, or snippets of identical content to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple threads for a single topic. Transmitting any such identical messages indiscriminately to multiple threads and/or creating multiple threads constitutes an unauthorized use, is in violation of these Terms of Service and is prohibited. You understand Topix may, at any time, in its sole discretion, determine what user activity constitutes "spamming." and that Topix reserves the right to employ any means and methods of technology, including, but not limited to rate limiting, content filters, and captchas to prevent automated posting of duplicate content. Any attempt to reverse engineer, bypass, or publicize these systems is similarly prohibited.

Mr Rizzo posted the same clips from youtube on no less than 3 different threads, I don't have to do any thing he does it on his own, its called spamming, and the mods in time will remove all of them and any posts made during that time span. You people need to read and then follow TOS and stop whining when you get nailed
Pietro Armando

Canton, MA

#59345 Aug 20, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when they get frustrated and claim it's a "gay thread" meaning your opinion doesn't carry as much weight as it would if you were gay. You are under a very fickle invitation here, subject to be thrown out at LGBT whim for crimes real or imagined. Censorship sucks.
There must be a two lesbian limit to "marriage equality".

Judged:

33

33

33

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#59348 Aug 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand that no "spamming" is permitted anywhere on Topix at any time. You will not post or transmit links, identical content, or snippets of identical content to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple threads for a single topic. Transmitting any such identical messages indiscriminately to multiple threads and/or creating multiple threads constitutes an unauthorized use, is in violation of these Terms of Service and is prohibited. You understand Topix may, at any time, in its sole discretion, determine what user activity constitutes "spamming." and that Topix reserves the right to employ any means and methods of technology, including, but not limited to rate limiting, content filters, and captchas to prevent automated posting of duplicate content. Any attempt to reverse engineer, bypass, or publicize these systems is similarly prohibited.
Mr Rizzo posted the same clips from youtube on no less than 3 different threads, I don't have to do any thing he does it on his own, its called spamming, and the mods in time will remove all of them and any posts made during that time span. You people need to read and then follow TOS and stop whining when you get nailed
7:42 PST

Judged:

30

30

29

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#59349 Aug 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand that no "spamming" is permitted anywhere on Topix at any time. You will not post or transmit links, identical content, or snippets of identical content to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple threads for a single topic. Transmitting any such identical messages indiscriminately to multiple threads and/or creating multiple threads constitutes an unauthorized use, is in violation of these Terms of Service and is prohibited. You understand Topix may, at any time, in its sole discretion, determine what user activity constitutes "spamming." and that Topix reserves the right to employ any means and methods of technology, including, but not limited to rate limiting, content filters, and captchas to prevent automated posting of duplicate content. Any attempt to reverse engineer, bypass, or publicize these systems is similarly prohibited.
Mr Rizzo posted the same clips from youtube on no less than 3 different threads, I don't have to do any thing he does it on his own, its called spamming, and the mods in time will remove all of them and any posts made during that time span. You people need to read and then follow TOS and stop whining when you get nailed
Too funny! 7:44 PM PST

Judged:

31

31

31

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#59350 Aug 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Rev,
You gay worshipers do not want a debate you want to be accepted.
You want affirmation on these threads not Truth
Don't flatter yourself, grampy. We don't care what you think.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#59351 Aug 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They worthless gay wants this to be a "hookup" site for homosexual offenders and perverted misfits and or people who swallow the Gay Koolaid.
So, have you had any hookups yet?

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

#59357 Aug 20, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Many learned judges disagree with you Cletus. Your inbreeding is showing.
Lolol....cult...you can't admire their intelligence, empathy or much else. Just occasionally you can smile at their sheer ignorant persistence.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#59359 Aug 20, 2014
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

The Washington Post reports that a highly definitive study from 2013 has pegged the size of the gay population in the United States at far less than has sometimes been estimated.
The National Health Interview Survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the federal government’s most relied upon estimate of the nation’s health and behaviors, found that fewer than 3% of respondents self-identified as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. Only 1.6% of respondents self-identified as gay or lesbian, and even less, 0.7%, self-identified as bisexual.
The estimate of the percentage of bisexuals was lower than the 2008 General Social Survey, which estimated that number at 1.1 percent, while other surveys have intimated that the percentage of bisexuals is the same as gays.
Conversely, 96.6% self-identified as straight, while 1.1% answered,“I don’t know the answer” or stated they were “something else.”
Gary J. Gates, a demographer at the Williams Institute, a research center at the University of California at Los Angeles that studies the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) population, acknowledged,“This is a major step forward in trying to remedy some of these gaps in our understanding of the role sexual orientation and gender identity play in people’s health and in their lives.”
The study was first done in 1957; the Census Bureau conducts it and sends the data to the CDC. It is widely considered highly reliable; the 2013 survey interviewed 33,557 adults between the ages of 18 and 64 using face-to-face interviews with additional telephone questions. The questions ranged from medical care and vaccinations to tobacco use. Government health officials champion the NHIS survey because the population studied is so large.
Brian W. Ward, the researcher for the report, said some of the other findings included:
Gays were more likely to smoke or have five or more drinks in one day than straights.
More straight women considered themselves in excellent or very good health than lesbians did of themselves.
More gays were likely to have had a flu shot than straights; gay men were not as overweight as straight men.
Bisexuals were more likely to have suffered psychological distress in the last month than straights.

Judged:

21

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GAY BOB

San Jose, CA

#59360 Aug 20, 2014
&li st=PLebLAvrUbivZCMgItUztIBxFKX UivTpZK

Judged:

21

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GAY BOB

San Jose, CA

#59361 Aug 20, 2014

Judged:

22

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#59362 Aug 20, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolol....cult...you can't admire their intelligence, empathy or much else. Just occasionally you can smile at their sheer ignorant persistence.
Whaddya know....a learned Judge who upholds the right of the state to define marriage.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

In 2006, the citizens of Tennessee, as well as those of other states, voted to approve a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage. The ballot initiative, known as Amendment 1, passed with an overwhelming majority of 81 percent of voters. Virginia, Wisconsin, South Dakota, South Carolina, Idaho, and Colorado also passed similar bans against same-sex marriages.
Simmons continued in his Memorandum Opinion:

In the Windsor case the Supreme Court opines that if a state finds same-sex marriage to be valid, the Federal Government cannot trump that State’s law. The Supreme Court does not go the final step and find that a State that defines marriages as a union of one (1) man and one (1) woman is unconstitutional. Further, the Supreme Court does not find that one state’s refusal to accept as valid another States [sic] valid same-sex marriage to be in violation of the U.S. Constitution.
“The State also takes the position that the laws and Constitution of Tennessee do not deny equal protection,” wrote Simmons,“because they do not burden a fundamental right, target a suspect class, or intentionally treat one differently than others similarly situated without any rational basis…”

“The Court finds that marriage is a fundamental right,” the judge added.“However, neither the Tennessee Supreme Court nor the United States Supreme Court has ever decided that this fundamental right under a state’s laws extends beyond the traditional definition of marriage as a union between one (1) man and one (1) woman.”

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Marr...

The amendment appeared on ballots as Constitutional Amendment #1. The text of the amendment states:

The historical institution and legal contract solemnizing the relationship of one man and one woman shall be the only legally recognized marital contract in this state. Any policy or law or judicial interpretation, purporting to define marriage as anything other than the historical institution and legal contract between one man and one woman is contrary to the public policy of this state and shall be void and unenforceable in Tennessee. If another state or foreign jurisdiction issues a license for persons to marry and if such marriage is prohibited in this state by the provisions of this section, then the marriage shall be void and unenforceable in this state.

Judged:

21

21

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GAY BOB

San Jose, CA

#59364 Aug 20, 2014

Judged:

22

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
mukesh

India

#59365 Aug 20, 2014
i like 35+ age top man my age 30 my whatsapp no +917698059551 im india

Judged:

21

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GAY BOB

San Jose, CA

#59366 Aug 20, 2014

Judged:

22

21

21

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#59367 Aug 20, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tennessee state judge's ruling is poorly reasoned and misapplies the constitutional tests developed by SCOTUS for evaluating the federal constitutional arguments. The author of the article is equally uninformed about constitutional law.
Oh do tell....what in particular is "poorly reasoned", in your humble opinion?

Judged:

20

20

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GAY BOB

San Jose, CA

#59368 Aug 20, 2014

Judged:

20

19

19

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GAY BOB

San Jose, CA

#59369 Aug 20, 2014

Judged:

20

19

19

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bills Still Right

Dublin, CA

#59370 Aug 20, 2014
GAY BOB wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gfl7k9eY4IAXX
Well gee NOT Gay Bob,I'm just so very happy and pleased that "Heterosexuals" NEVER would molest a child..........Oh wait a minute it seems the truth of the matter is that the VAST majority of child molestations are in FACT committed by "Heterosexuals" ! Oh,oh, It seems that 1 out of every 5 young lady's are molested in their youth by......you guessed it....."Heterosexuals ! So how about you STOP lying and molesting the little girls ! Hurts to hear the truth now doesn't it LOSER ,now kindly do the world a big favor and FOAD liar !
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#59371 Aug 21, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Rev,
You gay worshipers do not want a debate you want to be accepted.
You want affirmation on these threads not Truth
Yeah. We're still waiting on that affirmation of God's existence too, you know.

Glass houses and all that jazz, eh?
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#59372 Aug 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
No one, not Poof1, Wasted Water, a state religion, society, or some other institution or group has a right to order a person or even use coercion to enforce how many people he / she may love, with how many people he / she may have concurrent sexual relationships and with whom and with how many people he / she creates a family.
And yet, look around you and observe our legal system. The only things that drive the legal process is money and riots. We're too old to be spending that kind of money and we are definitely too old to be taking rubber bullets and a lung full of tear gas. I don't think Topix prose is going to change that formula either. So what's the angle?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Dogen 221,478
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Julia 274,224
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min No Surprize 1,547,836
News GOP victory lap after Georgia election win will... 16 min Truth 61
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 28 min swampmudd 6,661
News James Comey fired as FBI director 38 min John 3,845
News Ind. plant to lay off 700 workers whose jobs Tr... 40 min OrangeUSilly 2
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 1 hr spud 982
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 7 hr Toxic Repub Toxins 483
News Dems say they'll slow Senate work over secretiv... 7 hr Lawrence Wolf 187
More from around the web