Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 60846 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5817 Sep 25, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>What did Jesus say about this issue? And while he was here, would it have killed him to mention to the someone that the earth is spherical and not the center of the universe? It might have saved later Christians a lot of time and effort in their zeal for torturing and executing heretics for relying on observable evidence and logic.
Thought this was interesting;

http://www.hiddenmeanings.com/gaysJesus2.htm

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#5818 Sep 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Thought this was interesting;
How dumb do you want people to believe that you are?

Since: Jul 13

Fuzhou, China

#5819 Sep 25, 2013
Support gay, anti-discrimination

Location hidden

#5820 Sep 26, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubly embarrassed aren't you.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5822 Sep 26, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not devolved into juvenile name calling
Correct, you've always engaged in juvenile name calling.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#5823 Sep 26, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
and there's the proof.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5824 Sep 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean?
Fine. MirthMenace didn't start using that "Greg" when replying to you and then you didn't start using the name "Dick" to respond. Still don't really want to know and don't really care!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5825 Sep 26, 2013
Name calling? Anti-discrimination? Might as well be talking to Tweedledill and Tweedledo! I'm outta here!
The Weimar Republic

Cummington, MA

#5827 Sep 26, 2013
Carl from Pittsfield wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss you lover since you moved to Texas.
ROTFLMAO! Carl and Lides are in love with each other but we're all supposed to believe carl has a family and Lides once asserted he in fact was not gay! Oh this is fabulous!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5831 Sep 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean?
Whoops! Jumped the track. What I mean is quite simple. What explicitly did Jesus mean when he spoke of Eunuchs? Gay or something else?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#5832 Sep 26, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops! Jumped the track. What I mean is quite simple. What explicitly did Jesus mean when he spoke of Eunuchs? Gay or something else?
We have no way of knowing; we can only guess.

Jesus said nothing deliberately and specifically about gay people.

Location hidden

#5833 Sep 27, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The first,'a eunuch born that way', has been used historically at the time to refer to gays.

Location hidden

#5835 Sep 27, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5836 Sep 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The first,'a eunuch born that way', has been used historically at the time to refer to gays.
Well, if we are talking about sexually active individuals, then we are pretty much saying that anything goes. Look at the gays here. They expect to marry same sex but procreate strictly for the purpose of making babies.

Personally, I think a child is best brought up by its biological parents but in a world of moral relativism, it seems that anything that can be allowed must be allowed. That's a darn fuzzy message for a religious book. Not very good for bringing up kids either!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5837 Sep 27, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
So Lides, is it safe to say that you once went by the handle Praxis33 and you are in fact are a homosexual that recently moved to Texas as asserted by your now distraught "Lover" Carl from Pittsfield?
Nope, I post under one name only.

Is it safe to say that you are paranoid and have no valid argument?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#5838 Sep 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubly embarrassed aren't you.
I am embarrassed for you every time you post. All you seem to do is expose the depth of your own ignorance.

Location hidden

#5839 Sep 27, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if we are talking about sexually active individuals, then we are pretty much saying that anything goes. Look at the gays here. They expect to marry same sex but procreate strictly for the purpose of making babies.
Personally, I think a child is best brought up by its biological parents but in a world of moral relativism, it seems that anything that can be allowed must be allowed. That's a darn fuzzy message for a religious book. Not very good for bringing up kids either!
Part of Jesus using the word eunuch was to communicate the Jewish morality of sex only within marriage between a man and woman. Same sex sex was never accepted.

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

[email protected]

#5840 Sep 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Somehow you think evidence that Jesus saw "natural" eunuchs as being a naturally-occurring phenomenon helps your case? And there certainly is no shortage of scientific evidence to support that stance. That being the case, doesn't the denial of rights to a certain group of citizens born a certain way seem like an arbitrary basis for discrimination? The Bible made a better case for discriminating against people born with dark skin or people who are left-handed or people who have vaginas. I'm still trying to understand your passion for this topic, Greg, and the zeal with which you pursue it. Why is it so vitally important to you? Why do you invest such inordinate amounts of your time and energy in your crusade? At this point that seems like a pretty fair question. I've yet to encounter anyone - short of Fred Phelps - who seems so driven, so consumed with his own point of view, as you, Greg. It's too late, my friend. Did you see in the news where George and Barbara attended a same-sex wedding AND signed off as witnesses? I think I just felt the earth move!

Location hidden

#5841 Sep 27, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Somehow you think evidence that Jesus saw "natural" eunuchs as being a naturally-occurring phenomenon helps your case? And there certainly is no shortage of scientific evidence to support that stance. That being the case, doesn't the denial of rights to a certain group of citizens born a certain way seem like an arbitrary basis for discrimination? The Bible made a better case for discriminating against people born with dark skin or people who are left-handed or people who have vaginas. I'm still trying to understand your passion for this topic, Greg, and the zeal with which you pursue it. Why is it so vitally important to you? Why do you invest such inordinate amounts of your time and energy in your crusade? At this point that seems like a pretty fair question. I've yet to encounter anyone - short of Fred Phelps - who seems so driven, so consumed with his own point of view, as you, Greg. It's too late, my friend. Did you see in the news where George and Barbara attended a same-sex wedding AND signed off as witnesses? I think I just felt the earth move!
Dick,

Many things occur in nature that are not normal. In fact, Jesus grouped 'born that way' with castration and the choice to resist nature.

I have posted numerous reasons why I engage this battle numerous times. Your personal troll attacks, Dick, and blatant deceit and distortion simply expose a fear you have of my purpose.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#5842 Sep 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

I have posted numerous reasons why I engage this battle numerous times. Your personal troll attacks, Dick, and blatant deceit and distortion simply expose a fear you have of my purpose.
Your blathering verbosity makes the rationale behind your posts completely incomprehensible.

It's funny that your perceive you're instilling fear in anyone. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,276,030
News Trump: 'I have to do right thing' 3 min mjjcpa 247
News Clinton campaign denies 'boxcar' a Holocaust re... 3 min Denny CranesPlace 34
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 4 min Cujo 254
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min positronium 340,912
News Obama defends Arctic oil drilling 6 min Christsharia Law 8
News 'We can't be intimidated' 6 min Denny CranesPlace 41
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min HILLARY 2016 193,765
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 13 min positronium 191
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Denny CranesPlace 196,889
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 210
More from around the web