Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61385 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5709 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly stupid. Again you misquote and censor what I said. It only exposes your desperate denial.
You are fervently attempting to dumb down marriage to a contract and throw children under the bus in the process.
Have you no shame? What kind of man are you?
Leave the rights and protections of mothers and children alone. Be a man, get your own identity and rights. You will never ever equate to a marriage.
Be a man an answer simple questions. Do you feel that those who have chosen not to breed must, by law, help subsidize those who do?

Be a MAN! Yes or No!

The last time you gave a long anectodical response claiming that single mothers get government assistance. I don't think that anyone is interested in that. They want to see the law and how it is worded. They really are fed up with secret societies deciding their fate.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5710 Sep 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Be a man an answer simple questions. Do you feel that those who have chosen not to breed must, by law, help subsidize those who do?
Be a MAN! Yes or No!
The last time you gave a long anectodical response claiming that single mothers get government assistance. I don't think that anyone is interested in that. They want to see the law and how it is worded. They really are fed up with secret societies deciding their fate.
Yes.

Government has an interest in protecting and supporting the foundation of society.

Your very existence is rooted in that relationship and experienced the support of others.

You are confusing that with other issues occurring in our society. The same sex marriage of big government and big business at the expense of personal freedom and responsibility.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5711 Sep 22, 2013
SSM is legal in 13-14 states now. More states on the way one day all 50 states. PROGRESS DOES NOT STOP HATE AND BIGOTRY.

If it bothers you so much move to Iran you religious freaks fit in better there anyway.

Location hidden

#5712 Sep 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
SSM is legal in 13-14 states now. More states on the way one day all 50 states. PROGRESS DOES NOT STOP HATE AND BIGOTRY.
If it bothers you so much move to Iran you religious freaks fit in better there anyway.
ss marriage is an oxymoron.

ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

A desperate but foolishly futile effort to appease an inner sense of defect.

No need to go to Iran, Islam is coming to America. Arrogant homosexuals need to think about that...
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5713 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
ss marriage is an oxymoron.
ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
A desperate but foolishly futile effort to appease an inner sense of defect.
No need to go to Iran, Islam is coming to America. Arrogant homosexuals need to think about that...
Islam will never rule here....I mean heck WE THE PEOPLE cant stand you nosey Christians and we fight you tooth and nail....How do you think we will fight the insane controlling pig muslims..........Sop that part of your post is BS and you know it..

On the other part who cares what you religious freaks think....IT WILL STILL BE LEGAL.....AND YOU WILL HAVE DIED OF OLD AGE....
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5714 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Government has an interest in protecting and supporting the foundation of society.
Your very existence is rooted in that relationship and experienced the support of others.
You are confusing that with other issues occurring in our society. The same sex marriage of big government and big business at the expense of personal freedom and responsibility.
And WHO are YOU do decide what is the foundation of society?

As far as I'm concerned, those who marry can protect each other as they see fit, but NOT by the abuse of the LAW! The Bill of Rights is about individual freedom, not to be compromised by ANY sort of political dogma.

There's a lot of fixing that needs done. Two wrongs don't make a right, but reform won't happen until that wrong is corrected. Nothing else will do.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5715 Sep 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam will never rule here....I mean heck WE THE PEOPLE cant stand you nosey Christians and we fight you tooth and nail....How do you think we will fight the insane controlling pig muslims..........Sop that part of your post is BS and you know it..
On the other part who cares what you religious freaks think....IT WILL STILL BE LEGAL.....AND YOU WILL HAVE DIED OF OLD AGE....
You can be controlled by Muslims just as easy as you are controlled by Christians. You're only out for personal gain. You think you've invented "divide-and-conquer" but you have nothing.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5716 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly stupid. Again you misquote and censor what I said. It only exposes your desperate denial.
You are fervently attempting to dumb down marriage to a contract and throw children under the bus in the process.
Have you no shame? What kind of man are you?
Leave the rights and protections of mothers and children alone. Be a man, get your own identity and rights. You will never ever equate to a marriage.
Sorry Jeeves! If you have children you can't afford, I call their poor upbringing a matter of natural selection. Turn them over to the State to be raised in an orphanage. Accept being permanently neutered for a repeat offense.

Mothers don't have rights that other don't. Children don't really have rights. You don't have the right to decide ANYthing for others.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5717 Sep 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be controlled by Muslims just as easy as you are controlled by Christians. You're only out for personal gain. You think you've invented "divide-and-conquer" but you have nothing.
Ah....Christians don't control me at all. We the people have the Constitution so religion cant rule here...
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5718 Sep 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Jeeves! If you have children you can't afford, I call their poor upbringing a matter of natural selection. Turn them over to the State to be raised in an orphanage. Accept being permanently neutered for a repeat offense.
Mothers don't have rights that other don't. Children don't really have rights. You don't have the right to decide ANYthing for others.
Your words......YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE ANYTHING FOR OTHERS......Yet you want laws tell people who they can and can not marry.....WOW.......
MirthMenace

Rockford, IL

#5719 Sep 22, 2013
In a loosely related bit of news, I'm leaving shortly to work security for the Pride Walk in Rockford, Illinois this afternoon. The reason security volunteers are needed is to insulate the participants from those who will be out protesting against people being gay while simultaneously advertising their intellectual simplicity. Westboro has sympathizers everywhere, including on this forum and in Rockford. They claim they do not align with the ideals of the infamous Phelps clan, but work just as diligently and passionately pulling in the same direction. I can't wait!
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5721 Sep 22, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
ToMamyLaws, you're an lDlOT
Your still a child I see. Grow up and add something positive or run off to your KKK Nazi meeting and let us adults talk. OK BUFORD?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5722 Sep 22, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
In a loosely related bit of news, I'm leaving shortly to work security for the Pride Walk in Rockford, Illinois this afternoon.
Then why are you posting from San Francisco?
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5724 Sep 22, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Roflmao adult? YOU? Roflmao, you're a mentally challenged child in an overgrown body. A borderline retard.
You proved my point.

Grow up

Location hidden

#5725 Sep 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?

Islam is already having major impact in Europe and Canada.

Young idiots graduate to old age with a degree in common sense. Others will fill our shoes and regret their stupidity.

Location hidden

#5726 Sep 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And WHO are YOU do decide what is the foundation of society?
As far as I'm concerned, those who marry can protect each other as they see fit, but NOT by the abuse of the LAW! The Bill of Rights is about individual freedom, not to be compromised by ANY sort of political dogma.
There's a lot of fixing that needs done. Two wrongs don't make a right, but reform won't happen until that wrong is corrected. Nothing else will do.
Not my opinion. SCOTUS has noted the fact many times.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

Location hidden

#5727 Sep 22, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
In a loosely related bit of news, I'm leaving shortly to work security for the Pride Walk in Rockford, Illinois this afternoon. The reason security volunteers are needed is to insulate the participants from those who will be out protesting against people being gay while simultaneously advertising their intellectual simplicity. Westboro has sympathizers everywhere, including on this forum and in Rockford. They claim they do not align with the ideals of the infamous Phelps clan, but work just as diligently and passionately pulling in the same direction. I can't wait!
Gosh, I need your services on here. I simply exercise my right to free speech by noting the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex, and the failure of ss couples to equate to marriage.

Look at all the violent, hateful vitriol and lies being slung. Should maybe a Gay Shame Parade???
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5728 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Islam is already having major impact in Europe and Canada.
Young idiots graduate to old age with a degree in common sense. Others will fill our shoes and regret their stupidity.
That is not WE THE PEOPLE of the USA...Also we have the Constitution which [protects us from religious rule.

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

[email protected]

#5729 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, I need your services on here. I simply exercise my right to free speech by noting the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex, and the failure of ss couples to equate to marriage.
Look at all the violent, hateful vitriol and lies being slung. Should maybe a Gay Shame Parade???
Oh, come on now, Greg. You can do better than that. Or maybe you can't. You certainly haven't come up with anything new in an awfully long time. Your "At its most basic essence..." line that you use over and over and over is past the point of stale and doesn't make anymore sense in recent posts than it did in your early ones. You do have a rather curious way of wanting to exercise your right to free speech "by noting the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex, and the failure of ss couples to equate to marriage." It certainly is your right, but you sure do seem preoccupied by the topic. Just sayin'...
Common sense

Melbourne, Australia

#5730 Sep 22, 2013
Huh wrote:

So according to you , normal people who believe in god are freaks and people who get their rocks off by anal sex with someone of the same gender are normal . You really are all twisted fks arent you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump takes aim at Obama's efforts to curb glob... 3 min Cordwainer Trout 1
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 6 min Dalai Lama 1,287
News GOP House intel chairman met source on White Ho... 6 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 16 min Terra Firma 25,282
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min Chris Rather 1,509,498
News Fights erupt at pro-Trump rally on California b... 32 min Chris Rather 131
News Why does the Texas criminal code still ban "hom... 44 min Chris Rather 40
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr Tm Cln 7,581
Gay Skype !! 2 hr cam play 122
News Ellison says Democrats must fight Republicans a... 2 hr DR X 129
More from around the web