Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61393 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51985 Jun 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Awww, you're butt hurt again. Does wittle Frankie need a tissue
frankis uncle Guido stuffs it quite a lot, so I don't think it bothers him too much any more he's a pro at fudge packing now --- so he says

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51986 Jun 20, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Minorities used to have to sit at the back of the bus too. What's your point, moron?
What does that have to do with the topic at hand you racist, you sound like the Ho

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51987 Jun 20, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The government has no business in our undies.
Oh comon Ho, first you are all over the G to give you your way, and when you get it you don't want to give it up?!!! LMAO that's bad ---

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51988 Jun 20, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't answer you because gay marriage does not destroy straight marriage in any way.
It just did you moron. The official announcement to a newly wed couple will be I now pronounce you "Married People" that is destroying it for a hetero couple

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#51989 Jun 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are required to sit on the back of the Bus?
Are you intentionally obtuse or does it come naturally?

Do you want to answer, or shall we take a survey?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#51990 Jun 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>^^^^^^Lame^^^^^^ Desperate^^^^^^^^^ butt hurt^^^^^^^^^
Yes, I know that Rose's post was lame, desperate and butt hurt. That's why I repeated it verbatim to you to bait you.

Now apologize to Rose for calling her post "lame, desperate and butthurt". She is surely disappointed in you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#51991 Jun 20, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
frankis uncle Guido stuffs it quite a lot, so I don't think it bothers him too much any more he's a pro at fudge packing now --- so he says
You're getting your lover Poof1 all excited he's gonna wanna slip you all 3 inches of Illinois love snake soon. Watch out! You might feel it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#51992 Jun 20, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know that Rose's post was lame, desperate and butt hurt. That's why I repeated it verbatim to you to bait you.
Now apologize to Rose for calling her post "lame, desperate and butthurt". She is surely disappointed in you.
^^^^^^Lame^^^^^^ Desperate^^^^^^^^^ butt hurt^^^^^^^^^

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#51993 Jun 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>^^^^^^Lame^^^^^^ Desperate^^^^^^^^^ butt hurt^^^^^^^^^
You sure are Poof. You started out trying to rebut my arguments in favor of marriage equality for consenting adults and now you have deteriorated to this nonsense.

You're just a stupid troll. And you're the biggest homophobe around "Rizzo is muh beech". It has been proven by yourself. Got a little drunk that night eh, tough guy? In vino veritas.

Ah good times. YUK!YUK!YUK! What a dope.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Victor

New York, NY

#51994 Jun 20, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
Stupid POS
Oh is your mom here?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#51995 Jun 20, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are Poof. You started out trying to rebut my arguments in favor of marriage equality for consenting adults and now you have deteriorated to this nonsense.
You're just a stupid troll. And you're the biggest homophobe around "Rizzo is muh beech". It has been proven by yourself. Got a little drunk that night eh, tough guy? In vino veritas.
Ah good times. YUK!YUK!YUK! What a dope.
BUTT hurt boy, that wasn't me. You are clueless, Like I told you before, you're a putz. You have yet to refute the facts about polygamy. Let me know when you feel up to it.
Hon Kee

New York, NY

#51996 Jun 20, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying everybody had the right to marry someone of the same race.
There you go again pulling that race card whats with you? Move out of the ghetto get your G.E.D. get a job support yourself STOP looking for a hand out.

oh yeah lose some weight, pawn those gold teeth you bought with food stamps and selling crack.
most of all take a bath......

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#51997 Jun 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>BUTT hurt boy, that wasn't me. You are clueless, Like I told you before, you're a putz. You have yet to refute the facts about polygamy. Let me know when you feel up to it.
Oh, it was that other guy named poof in Moline Illinois who has your same anti Frankie schtick eh?

You lying sack of sh!t. Too funny. You lie like a rug. What a loser. And what a homophobe.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#51998 Jun 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>BUTT hurt boy, that wasn't me. You are clueless, Like I told you before, you're a putz. You have yet to refute the facts about polygamy. Let me know when you feel up to it.
You have yet to refute the KKK's "facts" about homosexuals. Are you starting to get it yet?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#51999 Jun 20, 2014
SevenTeeIQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see........
For thousands of years Marriage has always been between a Man and a Woman for the purpose of uniting in marriage and for the purpose of family and children. It is the foundation of our society. It is what it is.
Rose's Law: A moron without a real argument screams, "But what about the children!?"
People marry of all kinds of reasons, children are just one of them.
And legalizing gay marriage won't stop men and women from getting married and having children.
SevenTeeIQ wrote:
Suddenly an unelected activist liberal Judge rewrites thousands of years of history and law and you want to argue that is not destroying Marriage?
Marriage is still here.
SevenTeeIQ wrote:
Homosexuals are not normal people who should get married as if they were normal people.
Damn, look who is talking.

SevenTeeIQ wrote:
That confuses people into thinking that it is an accepted way of life and should be celebrated as such. It is not acceptable and it is not normal, it is an abomination and a perversion of the natural order.
This is a political game that gays are playing to gain acceptance nothing more nothing less. You will see tremendously bad social changes from the destruction of Marriage and it will not be pretty.
Another "plague of locust" argument.
How does a "plague of locust" argument differ from a slippery slope argument.
1. Quality. The type of consequences the arguer says will happen. A slippery slope's consequences are of the same type. "If you allow gay marriage, the next thing you know people will be getting married to their toasters.". A plague of locust argument says the the consequences of a different type.. "You will see tremendously bad social changes from the destruction of Marriage and it will not be pretty."
2. Quantity, the plague of locust consequences are dire, and often vague.
"tremendously bad social changes".

Santa Monica, CA

#52000 Jun 20, 2014
Hon Kee wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again pulling that race card whats with you? Move out of the ghetto get your G.E.D. get a job support yourself STOP looking for a hand out.
oh yeah lose some weight, pawn those gold teeth you bought with food stamps and selling crack.
most of all take a bath......
This guy is a troll obsessed with me and Jade, I'm going to stop replying to him.
We are his life. Hope he doesn't kill himself because I stop replying.

Santa Monica, CA

#52001 Jun 20, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh comon Ho, first you are all over the G to give you your way, and when you get it you don't want to give it up?!!! LMAO that's bad ---
Your post makes no sense.
I want the government to provide us equal protection.

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#52002 Jun 20, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it was that other guy named poof in Moline Illinois who has your same anti Frankie schtick eh?
You lying sack of sh!t. Too funny. You lie like a rug. What a loser. And what a homophobe.
Can you prove that it was me? If so do it .
Bryan Fischer s Hair Gel

Philadelphia, PA

#52003 Jun 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are required to sit on the back of the Bus?
We fixed most of the inequalities in the law the lgbt people used to face over your objections. Just a couple more fixes to go.

And as a result, homophobic bigots now don't have to sit in the back of the bus...they have to keep their bigotries to themselves if they want a place in a corporation or in higher education or in the entertainment industry or in any other aspect of educated society.

Santa Monica, CA

#52004 Jun 20, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have ever had any run in's with the law you would know that cops treat people who don't rob banks about the same as those who do rob banks.
When robots take over many government jobs and you go to the clerks office to get a marriage license the robot should not be programed to ask you what sex you are, or any other questions that don't matter. There also should be room for more than one name as spouse. Just a thought.
I was giving abstract examples.
And I think everybody should be give the same marriage application.
(I'm not arguing for nor against multiple spouses.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Minister: Slayings of 8 rocked Ohio... 2 min Perry Mason 229
News Protesters clash with police outside Trump rall... 3 min Carlita 78
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 214,342
News Muslim Congressmen: Election Year Politics Fuel... 5 min okimar 12
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Go figure 224,783
News Bernie Sanders says he will be in 'strong posit... 8 min Xstain Spot Remover 11
News Trump's Supreme Court list underscores election... 8 min spocko 236
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min -Dont Panic- 383,972
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 16 min PauldenZangpo0521 179
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 28 min YouDidntBuildThat 875
News Government to stop using 'negro' and 'oriental' 41 min WeTheSheeple 300
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr cubeshaker 449
More from around the web