Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61391 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Cali Girl 2014xt

Los Angeles, CA

#51966 Jun 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>Very well said.....You remind me of Mark Twain
Ha Ha!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#51967 Jun 20, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So get the government out of marriage then. No more licenses.
Let the parties involved make their own contracts. No need for the government at all.

Location hidden

#51968 Jun 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think I may move closer to you, that way when you fall off your row boat I can toss you a brick.
Frankie walks into the VFW club, gets thrown out for impersonating a human.
YUK! YUK! YUK! Ahhh good times, huh meathead
Do you think your words make you look like a humane human being?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#51969 Jun 20, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the first?
Good for you Rose, you sure nailed his neanderthal hide to the wall.

Location hidden

#51970 Jun 20, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The government has no business in our undies.
The government should not be in any business other than protecting the freedom and liberty of each individual.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#51971 Jun 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Poof1" is a troll obsessed with me, and Jade. Seems he can't get his mind off of our underwear. He follows us around, changing names and proxy servers, sometimes several times an hour.
Just watch!
^^^^^^Lame^^^^^^ Desperate^^^^^^^^^ butt hurt^^^^^^^^^
If you weren't so out of touch and a such a moron you'd know it was Rose_NoHo's post changed only to your name. So the joke's on you two. You just described Rose's post as desperate. Now don't you feel silly?

Now apologize to Rose for calling her post "lame, desperate and butt hurt". I hope she doesn't forgive you! I wouldn't.

YUK!YUK!YUK! What a dope!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#51972 Jun 20, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, all persons should be treated equally.
I am starting to like the word neutrally better than equally. I think all government employees should be required to wear blindfolds. I know it would be practical, but if the judges, cops and prosecutors didn't know if the plaintiff was black or white, gay or straight, male of female we might start to get some neutrality from our government here in America.
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51973 Jun 20, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text> You morons have got a word, or two, that you're stuck on too, as though it makes you feel superior to others. You're not, Blanche. You're not.
Yeah, like what ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#51974 Jun 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see........
For thousands of years Marriage has always been between a Man and a Woman for the purpose of uniting in marriage and for the purpose of family and children. It is the foundation of our society. It is what it is.
Suddenly an unelected activist liberal Judge rewrites thousands of years of history and law and you want to argue that is not destroying Marriage?
Homosexuals are not normal people who should get married as if they were normal people. That confuses people into thinking that it is an accepted way of life and should be celebrated as such. It is not acceptable and it is not normal, it is an abomination and a perversion of the natural order.
This is a political game that gays are playing to gain acceptance nothing more nothing less. You will see tremendously bad social changes from the destruction of Marriage and it will not be pretty.
You dodged the question - how does gay marriage destroy straight marriage?

Location hidden

#51975 Jun 20, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer "equal". Mainly because is I grew up during the civil rights ear, and the word strikes a chord in me that "neutral" doesn't. When I hear "neutral" I think of pH 7.
And I have this impression as well.
Equal:
Black bank robber is treated the same by the law as a white bank robber.
Neutral:
Person who robbed the bank is treated the same by the law as a person who didn't.
If you have ever had any run in's with the law you would know that cops treat people who don't rob banks about the same as those who do rob banks.

When robots take over many government jobs and you go to the clerks office to get a marriage license the robot should not be programed to ask you what sex you are, or any other questions that don't matter. There also should be room for more than one name as spouse. Just a thought.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#51976 Jun 20, 2014
Question: How does gay marriage destroy straight marriage?

SevenTee: For thousands of years Marriage has always been between a Man and a Woman for the purpose of uniting in marriage and for the purpose of family and children. It is the foundation of our society. It is what it is.

ALAN: Non-resposive, irrelevant and doesn't answer the question.

Seven Pee: Suddenly an unelected activist liberal Judge rewrites thousands of years of history and law and you want to argue that is not destroying Marriage?

ALAN: Irrelevant. Again you have not answered the question.

SevenPee: Homosexuals are not normal people who should get married as if they were normal people. That confuses people into thinking that it is an accepted way of life and should be celebrated as such. It is not acceptable and it is not normal, it is an abomination and a perversion of the natural order.

ALAN: Irrelevant, non-responsive, question still not answered.

SevenPee: This is a political game that gays are playing to gain acceptance nothing more nothing less. You will see tremendously bad social changes from the destruction of Marriage and it will not be pretty.

ALAN: Irrelevant, non-responsive, question still not answered.

The only logical conclusion is that gay marriage does not harm or affect straight marriage in any way. You must believe that everyone else in here is as stupid as you are what from presenting that irrelevant and non-responsive dog and pony show.
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51977 Jun 20, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think of using the word neutral instead of equal? The government must treat each individual citizen with neutrality verses treat each of us equally?
None of us are equal. Some are smarter, some are richer, some better looking, some are stronger, etc etc etc.
No longer will they announce "Man and Wife", now it's only "Married People" I now pronounce you "married people". I gues that will take the thrill away for a normal heterosexual newly couple who looked forward to hear man and wife. THANK YOU odd people for your persistance!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#51978 Jun 20, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You dodged the question - how does gay marriage destroy straight marriage?
He can't answer you because gay marriage does not destroy straight marriage in any way.
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51979 Jun 20, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, enter into a legally recognized union of Husband and Husband or Wife and Wife, as well as husband and wife!!!
The new announcement will be "married people", how vanilla is that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#51980 Jun 20, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't so out of touch and a such a moron you'd know it was Rose_NoHo's post changed only to your name. So the joke's on you two. You just described Rose's post as desperate. Now don't you feel silly?
Now apologize to Rose for calling her post "lame, desperate and butt hurt". I hope she doesn't forgive you! I wouldn't.
YUK!YUK!YUK! What a dope!
^^^^^^Lame^^^^^^ Desperate^^^^^^^^^ butt hurt^^^^^^^^^
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51982 Jun 20, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody knows what you meant, even you.
I'm just sayin!! don't put yourself in a positions to cry racist all the time. And you are a liar, I didn't call you monkey, you call yourself that, you are the only who mentions it, you feel guilty or something?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51983 Jun 20, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the first?
Quit being stupid, you know very well

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51985 Jun 20, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Awww, you're butt hurt again. Does wittle Frankie need a tissue
frankis uncle Guido stuffs it quite a lot, so I don't think it bothers him too much any more he's a pro at fudge packing now --- so he says

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51986 Jun 20, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Minorities used to have to sit at the back of the bus too. What's your point, moron?
What does that have to do with the topic at hand you racist, you sound like the Ho

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Lomita, CA

#51987 Jun 20, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The government has no business in our undies.
Oh comon Ho, first you are all over the G to give you your way, and when you get it you don't want to give it up?!!! LMAO that's bad ---

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Big C 13,173
News Ahead of convention, Donald Trump vets Newt Gin... 3 min Unsolicited Appro... 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 217,089
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Uncle Tab 228,982
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 3 min WeTheSheeple 546
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Don Barros Serrano 199,538
News Biden says Sanders will endorse Clinton 7 min Jeff Brightone 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,396,402
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 22 min southern at heart 1,272
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 34 min Trumpster 3,648
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 44 min Brian_G 388,440
More from around the web