Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman. Full Story

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#51282 Jun 15, 2014
anonymous wrote:
I've quoted Wikipedia many times on that assessment because I don't claim to be a legal expert.
Really?
You've quoted wikipedia because not only are you not an expert, but you are also lazy.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#51283 Jun 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have anything but a couple of sick filthy perverts with their name on a piece of paper.
So you're saying STR8 sick filthy perverts don't need a piece of paper....all of the out of wedlock births. You're right!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#51284 Jun 15, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Okay...but if the conjugal, opposite sex, requirement is expendable, so then is the monogamy requirement. It simply has hit the courts yet, other than the Utah ruling.
You do realize, don't you, that conjugal mean relating to marriage (and it is not confined to opposite sex marriage, right? You look like an idiot when you use it in the manner that you do.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Sure it is. Marriage preexists the Supreme Court, and all the previous marriage rulings dealt with marriage as a monogamist conjugal union. "Same sex marriage" was an alien concept for all but a few decades of American history. So what other understanding of marriage is the fundamental right of marriage based on, if not one man and one woman as husband and wife?
Get a clue, kiddo.
Can you offer a compelling governmental interest served by excluding same sex couples from equality under the law to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional, or are you an idiot?
This is an either/or question.
Pietro Armando wrote:
It never ruled on "same sex couples" either, other than Windsor.
Which is to say it has ruled on same sex couples.
If you are going to lie, you could at least display the competence not to lie, or the duplicity not to point out the lie you are making.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Nor does it change the fact that you advocate for same sex marriage which includes both lesbian couples and throuples.
Learn to count, Pietro. No one is arguing for polygamy, excluding yourself.

Most of us can count and understand that three or more is greater than two, and that polygamy seeks extraordinary protection of the law.

Why you can't understand this simple fact is a mystery. Why you publicize your lack of counting prowess is similarly mysterious, yet hysterical.
Bruno

San Pedro, CA

#51285 Jun 15, 2014
Gooooood morning and Happy Fathers day - - -

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#51286 Jun 15, 2014
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying STR8 sick filthy perverts don't need a piece of paper....all of the out of wedlock births. You're right!
Your "gender" is obsessed with Love, Marriage and the Family because your Homosexual Lifestyle is nothing of the sort.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#51287 Jun 15, 2014
lides wrote:
1. If you are going to lie, you could at least display the competence not to lie, or the duplicity not to point out the lie you are making.
2. Learn to count, Pietro. No one is arguing for polygamy, excluding yourself.
Most of us can count and understand that three or more is greater than two, and that polygamy seeks extraordinary protection of the law.
1. You do it all of the time. You said I don't know the difference between pedophilia and homosexuality. I asked you where that came from. You continue to hide from my question because you know you lied.
2. Please explain, in detail, what this "extraordinary protection" is. I'm sure you'll hide from that too. Rights and protections are individual, counting has nothing to with it. It's as irrelevant as you are.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#51288 Jun 15, 2014
Three kids. lides, Billy and Joe.
Each one has an apple. Together they have 3 apples.
lides doesn't have 3 apples.
Billy doesn't have 3 apples.
Joe doesn't have 3 apples.

There you go, lides. I wrote it so a first grader could understand it. Find one and have him explain it to you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

San Pedro, CA

#51289 Jun 15, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You've quoted wikipedia because not only are you not an expert, but you are also lazy.
Quote or not, it is still supporting information. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean you are right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#51290 Jun 15, 2014
lides wrote:
Funny, my browser reads 47,271... KiMare, could you be such a notorious troll that you have had 120 posts deleted from this thread? Topix shields users from seeing their posts have been deleted. Although the count in the forum will differ from the count on the thread, which is a clue.
Congratulations, KiMare, you are a hateful troll.
Censorship sucks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#51291 Jun 15, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize, don't you, that conjugal mean relating to marriage (and it is not confined to opposite sex marriage, right? You look like an idiot when you use it in the manner that you do.
<quoted text>
Get a clue, kiddo.
Can you offer a compelling governmental interest served by excluding same sex couples from equality under the law to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional, or are you an idiot?
This is an either/or question.
<quoted text>
Which is to say it has ruled on same sex couples.
If you are going to lie, you could at least display the competence not to lie, or the duplicity not to point out the lie you are making.
<quoted text>
Learn to count, Pietro. No one is arguing for polygamy, excluding yourself.
Why you can't understand this simple fact is a mystery. Why you publicize your lack of counting prowess is similarly mysterious, yet hysterical.
Polygamy "seeks extraordinary protection". Too funny!

Polygamists seek equality. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#51292 Jun 15, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
When I see lides has posted I know I'm in for a laugh. He never disappoints.
BTW, "mentally deranged" is redundant. Are you lides?
Lideszilla never disappoints when providing an opportunity to laugh at him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#51293 Jun 15, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Censorship sucks.
So does lideszilla.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#51294 Jun 15, 2014
KiMare wrote:
47,350 posts, and not ONE rational argument that equates inferior ss marrage to marriage.
Countless rulings, and still, only, ever, ss couples are defective, mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gender HALVES of marriage.
Now watch the gay troll hissy fits, as if that will change reality...
Smirk.
And yet, we have marriage equality. You, on the other hand, have the sad remains of a bigot's argument.

You've lost already, Hunty. Know when it's time to pull the plug.

FYI, there can't possibly be a rational argument against "marrage", because that's not a real word.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#51295 Jun 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "gender" is obsessed with Love, Marriage and the Family because your Homosexual Lifestyle is nothing of the sort.
What Jesus really meant was: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not love his two father's or his two mother's, his children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#51296 Jun 15, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't deny your drinking problem, tranny?
Snark
Be nice. Trannys deserve the same respect as anyone else. So do those with drinking problems.

I had a drinking problem once, then I got a job and had lots of money to buy alcohol. No more drinking problem!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#51297 Jun 15, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Good luck with that.
You don't seem sincere.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#51298 Jun 15, 2014
Bruno wrote:
Gooooood morning and Happy Fathers day ---
What are you doing for Fathers Day? Isn't Fathers Day the day more people BBQ than any other day? My dad asked us to do nothing more than a nice BBQ and my son says the same thing. My cousin invited a couple of gay fathers over with their kids to swim and join us in the BBQ. I always enjoy having lots of people over.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#51299 Jun 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
So does lideszilla.
Yeah, he's a nasty little piece of work. Unreasonable. Catty. Dullard. Gimme Gimme type. Gimme mine screw yours etc.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#51300 Jun 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that normal people laugh at you, right? You are obsessed with the micromanagement of other people's lives which is a kind of mental incompetence or illness. Only when people are free, free to marry who they want and free to say no to what they don't want, is humanity truly free. We are a long way from being free and it is mostly because of people like you with your defective thinking. You sticking your nose into other people's business I see as a desperate call for some personal psychological help.

1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#51301 Jun 15, 2014
This is the Jesus H. Christ Fathers Day message: "If anyone comes to me and does not love his two father's, his children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min positronium 263,174
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques from Ottawa 178,191
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,110,542
PolitiFact: Is ISIS in Mexico and planning to c... 8 min Eduardo 15
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 9 min boo ya 4,498
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 19 min ChromiuMan 116,753
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 20 min serfs up 91
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr TheIndependentMaj... 154,008
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 8 hr NorCal Native 249
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••