Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman. Read more

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4564 Jul 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually, I'm responding to a forum in the U.S. section. I've learned that Topix has multiple links to threads.
This is true; however, one can't tell from which forum a particular poster is accessing a thread.
anonymous wrote:
As far as fancy "address the government" bombast goes, I don't just go mailing letters to Congressmen who thank me for my input and explain to me how I can contribute value and money to that Congressman's efforts. Poor, hard working douchebags!
I post to the civilians out there. I've posted many times over the years about government spying and all anyone ever had to say is "If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear". I don't bother trying to "win" people over. They're fat morons who only go for instant gratification.
No. On most issues, I work from an "eat your $hit first" methodology. Now privacy abuse is starting to make people hurt. That's good, but it's not enough. They have to get off their @sses, open up their big pie-holes and learn to communicate again. I don't need a bunch of fat looters who steal from small business owners. I need organized, politically active, and if necessary, prepared soldiers for a conflict that they better understand and believe in. I don't do pep-rallies! All things considered, I'd be much happier if we'd just create a third party and kick the criminals out of our government.
So you just whine to anonymous posters in multiple internet forums in hopes they will actually take constructive action which you yourself are apparently too lazy to undertake. And you even admit your whining to other "civilians" about privacy didn't accomplish a fraction as much as a single concrete act by Edward Snowden. Got it.
anonymous wrote:
So guess what? You're in my cross-hairs as one of the biggest obstacle to all that stuff and junk!
So what are you going to do about it? Bore me to death with your whining?
anonymous wrote:
You're really not in the plan. You're a liability. You'll always be a liability. Stay out of the way. It's for your own good.
Whatever. Vacuous windbags like you are neither threatening nor entertaining so serve no useful purpose here. Run along and find someone else to annoy.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4565 Jul 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Pay attention Parse Bunny. You haven't shown anything. You're just pulling random assumptions out of your @ss.
Show me real links to official sources. Just post links. You're no authority on anything.
Sure looking like a troll to me! But you WILL keep parsing! You WILL USE IT! You find POWER in IT!!!!
Bunnykins, I've told you this several times already, your whining about nothing at all doesn't make for much discussion. If you want links to you acting like an annoying child, just look at any of your posts here. Get back to me when you actually have something to say about anything other than my treating you like an annoying child.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4566 Jul 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Parse Bunny! I am not denying fact because you are not posting facts. Survive and adapt, Parse Bunny!
Denying reality doesn't help your case any dear.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#4567 Jul 6, 2013
Faith and the family
52. In Abrahamís journey towards the future city, the Letter to the Hebrews mentions the blessing which was passed on from fathers to sons (cf. Heb 11:20-21). The first setting in which faith enlightens the human city is the family. I think first and foremost of the stable union of man and woman in marriage. This union is born of their love, as a sign and presence of Godís own love, and of the acknowledgment and acceptance of the goodness of sexual differentiation, whereby spouses can become one flesh (cf. Gen 2:24) and are enabled to give birth to a new life, a manifestation of the Creatorís goodness, wisdom and loving plan. Grounded in this love, a man and a woman can promise each other mutual love in a gesture which engages their entire lives and mirrors many features of faith. Promising love for ever is possible when we perceive a plan bigger than our own ideas and undertakings, a plan which sustains us and enables us to surrender our future entirely to the one we love. Faith also helps us to grasp in all its depth and richness the begetting of children, as a sign of the love of the Creator who entrusts us with the mystery of a new person. So it was that Sarah, by faith, became a mother, for she trusted in Godís fidelity to his promise (cf. Heb 11:11).

[From the Pope's latest encyclical]

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#4568 Jul 6, 2013
Quest wrote:
This applies equally to gay couples, doesn't it? If you don't believe so, can you explain why?
The quote above answer's Q.'s question why same sex couples differ from husband and wife.

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

#4569 Jul 6, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
And the many of us who are not Catholic should care what the Pope's opinion on the subject is, why exactly?
Outstanding question.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#4571 Jul 7, 2013
anonymous wrote:
The topic is gay marriage and I reject it based on the legal precedents.
No, you twit, you reject it on historical precedent, which has no legal basis. Feel free to indicate a compelling state interest served by limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman that would render such a restriction constitutional, and prove that you are not a twit.
anonymous wrote:
That's all you're going to get when you're a parse bunny.
And you are a juvenile twit. If you had half a brain, you would be offering a rational argument, instead of slinging infantile personal insults like "parse bunny". Do you realize just how sophomoric that makes you look?
anonymous wrote:
Address the whole post, not just your little parsed phrase that you think you can overcome with your snooty and irresponsible remarks.
I will address the post as I wish. If I care to address each point individually, then I will do so. If you can't defend the points individually, then don't raise them.
anonymous wrote:
We've already been through all this. You still parse. You still think that sound bites are all that matters. You WILL use it! You MUST use it.
I address each point specifically, and clearly you lack the capacity to defend the arguments you advance.

Feel free to offer a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional, render your argument valid, and prove that you are smarter than a fifth grader.

I don't think you are up to the task.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4572 Jul 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Faith and the family
52. In Abrahamís journey towards the future city, the Letter to the Hebrews mentions the blessing which was passed on from fathers to sons (cf. Heb 11:20-21). The first setting in which faith enlightens the human city is the family. I think first and foremost of the stable union of man and woman in marriage. This union is born of their love, as a sign and presence of Godís own love, and of the acknowledgment and acceptance of the goodness of sexual differentiation, whereby spouses can become one flesh (cf. Gen 2:24) and are enabled to give birth to a new life, a manifestation of the Creatorís goodness, wisdom and loving plan. Grounded in this love, a man and a woman can promise each other mutual love in a gesture which engages their entire lives and mirrors many features of faith. Promising love for ever is possible when we perceive a plan bigger than our own ideas and undertakings, a plan which sustains us and enables us to surrender our future entirely to the one we love. Faith also helps us to grasp in all its depth and richness the begetting of children, as a sign of the love of the Creator who entrusts us with the mystery of a new person. So it was that Sarah, by faith, became a mother, for she trusted in Godís fidelity to his promise (cf. Heb 11:11).
[From the Pope's latest encyclical]
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Stefan

Manassas, VA

#4573 Jul 7, 2013
I'm going to marry my twin brother and nobody is going to stop us.
BeastyGirl

Manassas, VA

#4574 Jul 7, 2013
I'm in love with my cat.Nothing wrong with that because it's all about love.Love is free!
goddam NSA

Manassas, VA

#4575 Jul 7, 2013
The world is going crazy and nobody would notice it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#4576 Jul 7, 2013
lides wrote:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
That's no argument against the Pope's family policies; I like ecumenical philosophy. We can elect representatives that share our values; those that believe the first Amendment protects our right to practice our religions.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4577 Jul 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's no argument against the Pope's family policies; I like ecumenical philosophy. We can elect representatives that share our values; those that believe the first Amendment protects our right to practice our religions.
Actually, it is. At question is a matter of civil law in the United States. According to our constitution, we may not pass laws with a religious basis, which illustrates EXACTLY why the argument that you had advanced is utterly irrelevant.

It does betray your true motivation, however.
american

Bluefield, WV

#4578 Jul 7, 2013
GOD will never accept 2 people of the same sex being married cause there is no such thing. they are sodomites who are sinners as we all are sinners.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4579 Jul 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's no argument against the Pope's family policies; I like ecumenical philosophy. We can elect representatives that share our values; those that believe the first Amendment protects our right to practice our religions.
Of course, if they choose to advance religious based laws that discriminate against other Americans, and have no rational state or public interest for that discrimination, they are overturned by the courts.

That's why we have the courts.

Location hidden

#4580 Jul 7, 2013
american wrote:
GOD will never accept 2 people of the same sex being married cause there is no such thing. they are sodomites who are sinners as we all are sinners.
He already did when He created some people who can only be attracted to the same gender. And then He goes and sends the lucking ones life-mated to love, cherish, and even marry.

And, no, not a single gay person today has ever lived in Sodom. There is not proof in the parable that any of the people in Sodom were gay, either. Read it.

We may all be sinners, but being gay is not one of those sins.

Location hidden

#4581 Jul 7, 2013
BeastyGirl wrote:
I'm in love with my cat.Nothing wrong with that because it's all about love.Love is free!
It's nice you love your cat, most people do love their pets.

But if you have sex with it, you can be arrested for the harm you cause it. And you can't marry it because it cannot sign a legal contract.
american

Bluefield, WV

#4583 Jul 7, 2013
people chose to be a queer,not by GOD'S blessing. and yes the bible speaks many times of same sex is wrong and that is one reason that Sodom was destroyed.
Fed up

San Francisco, CA

#4585 Jul 7, 2013
Greetings sodomites!I have one Question about your um uh lifestyle?I really couldn't care less until recently what you did in privacy,I know something went haywire in the genes,and I almost felt sorry for you,BUT NOW you are in everyones face with it constantly,every GD time I turn on the news,there's a couple of fellers or bulls suckin face,I don't like to see straights doing it,let alone same sex,why do you want acceptance that you know you will never have,I mean when the large intestine is used as a sex organ something isn't right,you can spin it anyway you want but that's what it comes down to,tone it down. Most people aren't out to get you,but you are making yourselves become loathed,I have a girl cousin that is your way and she would never ever act the way some of you act,she's well liked by everyone,even the ones you idiots call haters.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4586 Jul 7, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min HTN640509-040147 154,939
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... 9 min ACTUALLY 472
News Some 60,000 vets are triple dipping on benefits 9 min shnuffmopiggy 9
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 44 min Mr_SKY 6,454
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 175,970
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Charlie 309,294
News Indiana lawmakers try to quiet firestorm surrou... 1 hr NorCal Native 42
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr woodtick57 1,207,368
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 2 hr barefoot2626 391
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr woodtick57 320,063
News Cheney: Obama Is 'Worst President in My Lifetime' 4 hr woodtick57 493
News Ted Cruz defends presidential credentials 4 hr Mothra 49
More from around the web