Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 59794 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#44424 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue was depriving a child of a mother or father.
You know that.
Why would you deliberately, deceitfully distort such a critical issue for a child???
A kid would be better off shot in the back of the head than in a household with you as a parent.
Whatever your genitals are like.
:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#44425 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue was depriving a child of a mother or father.
You know that.
Why would you deliberately, deceitfully distort such a critical issue for a child???
War and disease "deprive" more children of a mother or father than anything else. The planet just keeps chugging on.

"Ideal" does NOT equate to either "essential" or "real".
well

Round Lake, IL

#44426 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, you diagnose others on line, and self diagnose.
Moreover, you verbally assault and mock someone (a physically handicapped person no less) you have diagnosed as insane.
Hardly the behavior of a professional. Instead, it is clearly the behavior of a bully troll.
You need help.
Sweetie you have NO physical handicap...your handicap is all mental!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#44427 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it.
You make my point.
You would have been better raised by your mother and father.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolling much?
Here we go again.

According to gays, speaking the truth means someone is 'trolling'.

You only expose how your denial has made you stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#44429 Apr 29, 2014
what a really sad series of responses...

I find it hard to believe if I didn't see them in black and white.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

North Hollywood, CA

#44430 Apr 29, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, there are some things Government does do right. Dealing with pollution is one of them. Making sodomy illegal and stopping gay people from exercising their innate right to get married is not.
Racial discrimination is a form of mental instability, usually a result of being raised around mentally unstable morons. Certainly you have the innate right to live where ever you can afford to live. I have to look at both sides and being a landlord I do not want the government telling me who I have to rent to.
I would not either. But I feel that these laws are one way to insure people can live where they want to live as long as they can afford to live there, regardless of their race.
Reverend Alan wrote:
I have already mentioned how my father rented one of our rental homes to a black man in the 1950's and how we had to tell the other tenants if they had a problem with it they should move now before he moves in. No one moved and one man even told his kids they could no longer use the "N" word. That man was my uncle who married my fathers sister. He was what you would call "white trash" and he raised his four kids to be trailer trash. He was despicable and his four kids were dysfunctional over-reacting hot heads. I wish my father had never rented to them. They were a huge embarrassment to the rest of the family.
Your dad is a man who was ahead of his time!
Reverend Alan wrote:
<
Up here in northern California we have the town of Napa and a few miles to the south American Canyon. The same thing you described goes on here. If you are black looking to buy a home you are shown homes in American Canyon and Vallejo. If you are wealthy white you are shown homes in Napa.
But there are ways around this. Certainly things no one should have to do, but if you want something then some times you have to kowtow a little. I went to a realtor in Napa and said I was wanting to buy a home, when it came time to sign the papers I said I had my own notary-public who would witness my wife and I sign the papers at the same time. A black couple I was helping signed the papers and moved into their house two weeks later.
Good one.:)
Reverend Alan wrote:
Things went pretty smoothly until the cops kept stopping him when he would ride his bike around town after the sun set, he kept getting stopped.
Pulled over for a BWB.
Reverend Alan wrote:
<
But hey, our president still keeps putting blacks in prison at record numbers.
""""" there are more Blacks in prison today than were in slavery 160 years ago, """""
The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander (The New Press,$27.95).
Our "justice" system is absurd, and it hasn't improved under Obama.
I think getting rid of laws against victimless "crimes" would go a long way to improving things.

North Hollywood, CA

#44431 Apr 29, 2014
SevenTee IQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why else would a gay "DO IT"?
For the same reasons straight people do it.
To have fun and to show love if it's part of a relationship.
If heard sex just for the intent of getting pregnant is a dreary affair.
SevenTee IQ wrote:
Certainly they don't "DO IT" to have a child and raise a family.
It is nothing more than animalistic behavior
Now who is the stupid one?
Nobody has sex out of some selfless desire to insure the human race continues.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#44432 Apr 29, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>No letter is going to make you anything but the same batshitcrazy 3-nippled crusty dusty rusty musty mangina freak that you are..
Right on!

Location hidden

#44433 Apr 29, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>Hot here too. I'v been on the boat the past few days. Getting ready to head for the island this week.
How much cooler is it at Catalina?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#44434 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it.
You make my point.

Here we go again.

Oh you're trolling.That's your special
Gift to the female parishioners you
Destroyed, be fore your defrocking !

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#44435 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it.
You make my point.
<quoted text>
Here we go again.
Keep trolling. ROTFLMAO

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#44436 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Truth hurts much troll?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#44438 Apr 29, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why lie?
I've never said anything like that.
That men and women are interchangeable androgynous beings? You have implied it in numerous posts.
No two people are interchangeable.
See......ya did it again.
But they are all persons, and as such, are entitled to equal protection under the law.
Toodlers are persons too.
Appeal to popularity.
Appeal to biology and conjugality.
Circular.
Like arguing we shouldn't legalize pot because pot is illegal.
Strike 3
Yer out!
That's like arguing we should prevent women from becoming fathers because it's physically impossible, or men from breast feeding.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#44439 Apr 29, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T give a damn what some one called it....the FACT is that the right to marry is just that...
Just what? The right to define marriage as one wishes, and have the state certify it?
.A RIGHT and it SHOULDN'T be dependent on the 2 individuals SPECIFIC gender!!!
Why not? There has to be a definition of marriage to begin with.
Again for the MORON in front......there is NO such entity as "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" marriage!!!
So all marriages are comprised of husband and wife then. Why didn't you just day so?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#44440 Apr 29, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
This NATION is STILL great and why should I have to marry a man
You don't have to.
just to follow the cult of heterosexalism?
(Laughing) where do you get this stuff from? You really do see the world through rainbow colored lenses. You can continue to follow the cult of lesbianism if you want, even move to the Greek isle of Lesbos, then you'll be a lesbian twice.
I'm NOT attracted to men and therefore if marriage is TRULY a Fundamental right, then I SHOULD be the one to decide who I want to share my life with, which does include marrying!!!
You don't need the state's permission to do that.
Guess what Bruno, the Blacks had to do the same thing to get the rights they deserved as well and white folks used the same crap then as folks are using against Gays and Lesbians.......if lawsuits is what it takes to get our rights......then so be it!
What about the bisexuals? Why do you omit them?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Santa Monica, CA

#44441 Apr 29, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Camera lenses kept breaking?
No stupid, I'm smarter than you, I don't have a need to show myself to the world like you do.What a stupid tranny

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“LIFE'S TO SHORT TO LET TOPIX”

Since: Aug 08

TROLLS GET YA DOWN:-)

#44443 Apr 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
They actually think they are legit people
We VERY much are legitimate people and your religious views DON'T get to change that, nor are your religious beliefs allowed to make laws!!!
Bruno

Santa Monica, CA

#44444 Apr 29, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much cooler is it at Catalina?
It can be the same as in Pedro or Long Beach, but about 20 detrees cooler than the valley. I've been on the island when it's gotten to 100! we're not leaving until friday morning.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“LIFE'S TO SHORT TO LET TOPIX”

Since: Aug 08

TROLLS GET YA DOWN:-)

#44445 Apr 29, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to.
<quoted text>
(Laughing) where do you get this stuff from? You really do see the world through rainbow colored lenses. You can continue to follow the cult of lesbianism if you want, even move to the Greek isle of Lesbos, then you'll be a lesbian twice.
<quoted text>
You don't need the state's permission to do that.
<quoted text>
What about the bisexuals? Why do you omit them?
I DIDN'T ask the States permission......we simply applied for a marriage license like other couple's do who want to get married and have all of the rights, benefits and privileges that go with being legally married:-)

Again Petey,,,,,,,,NO ONE is omitting them..........they have the same right as I do to marry one other person of their choosing, HOWEVER if they want to marry one person from each gender, then they MUST file the appropriate lawsuit and fight their fight just as Gay and Lesbian individuals have been fighting their fight......Gays and Lesbians CAN'T do it for them UNLESS they want to marry more than 1 other consenting adult.

Location hidden

#44446 Apr 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:

Tell us your de-frocking story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,233,902
News ACLU Waging Total Lawfare on Hapless PA Town Tr... 3 min Dee Dee Dee 3
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... 6 min Le Jimbo 114
News Scott Walker Approved Pro-Immigration Reform Lo... 6 min Who guessed it 32
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min sassyjm 309,904
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min IB DaMann 53,490
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min - Lady Liberty - 328,572
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Kong_ 164,261
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min scirocco 182,710
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min Jacques Orleans 190,146
More from around the web