Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Comments (Page 187)

Showing posts 3,721 - 3,740 of50,415
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Any ideal is Disney? Why shouldn't we raise boys to become graduates, employees, men, husbands and fathers? Is it bad to raise girls to wait for marriage before conception?
Guess what, same sex couples raise children that are doing those very things. Feel free to prove to the contrary.
Brian_G wrote:
These things happen too, and many find value in encouraging that social model.
Which they are allowed to do. What they may not do is use the law as an instrument to force others to live by their "social model".
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage supporters should learn more about their culture. Some of this is remedial.
Those oppose to equality should learn about the US Constitution. It's actually a big part of our culture.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is like ignorant barbarism compared to the civilization and husband/wife marriage.
No, it's not. It is equal protection of the law as afforded by the US Constitution, and thus far you have consistently failed to offer any legitimate reason to deny such equal protection.

Your problem, Brian, is that you suffer from ******* of the mouth that you seldom, if ever, substantiate with fact, law, or reason.

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do indeed know. This is the terminal generation.
Revelation 9:15 (NKJV)
15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.
It doesn't really look as if there is much to differentiate your hard-line beliefs from those of the members of Westboro Baptist Church. They may be somewhat more militant in their actions, but not in their thoughts or in the ways they express themselves.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

The most important article you may ever read:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't really look as if there is much to differentiate your hard-line beliefs from those of the members of Westboro Baptist Church. They may be somewhat more militant in their actions, but not in their thoughts or in the ways they express themselves.
or in the hard-line beliefs of his cult brethren the militant islamics...

birds of a feather...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't really look as if there is much to differentiate your hard-line beliefs from those of the members of Westboro Baptist Church. They may be somewhat more militant in their actions, but not in their thoughts or in the ways they express themselves.
I doubt that you know any of what you are saying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>or in the hard-line beliefs of his cult brethren the militant islamics...
birds of a feather...
Does lying make you feel good?

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Does lying make you feel good?
John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
didn't lie at all. every single part of my posts are factual.

if you can counter them, outside of your proven mythical cult, go ahead...

your cult lied to you...again...

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what, same sex couples raise children that are doing those very things. Feel free to prove to the contrary.
<quoted text>
Which they are allowed to do. What they may not do is use the law as an instrument to force others to live by their "social model".
<quoted text>
Those oppose to equality should learn about the US Constitution. It's actually a big part of our culture.
<quoted text>
No, it's not. It is equal protection of the law as afforded by the US Constitution, and thus far you have consistently failed to offer any legitimate reason to deny such equal protection.
Your problem, Brian, is that you suffer from ******* of the mouth that you seldom, if ever, substantiate with fact, law, or reason.
The only thing keeping debates such as there from being anywhere close to useful or meaningful is the inability to completely subtract religion and its various texts from the thought processes. Those who relentlessly argue against same-sex anything can only do so from the perspective of their religion and it leads nowhere. There has never been a more divisive or destructive force than religion in the recorded history of our species. There religionuts are not going to relent. Wars are fought and people kill and die because they're convinced their religion compels them to do so. It's probably unrealistic to argue with these people because they are no less willing to defend the group ego of organized religion at any cost.

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that you know any of what you are saying.
As I doubt that you know any of what you are saying. Are your doubts more valid than mine?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>didn't lie at all. every single part of my posts are factual.
if you can counter them, outside of your proven mythical cult, go ahead...
your cult lied to you...again...
Thought you didn't believe in 'fairy tales'?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>As I doubt that you know any of what you are saying. Are your doubts more valid than mine?
I know what God said.

Romans 1 "men with men" "God gave them over to a REPROBATE MIND"

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
The only thing keeping debates such as there from being anywhere close to useful or meaningful is the inability to completely subtract religion and its various texts from the thought processes. Those who relentlessly argue against same-sex anything can only do so from the perspective of their religion and it leads nowhere. There has never been a more divisive or destructive force than religion in the recorded history of our species. There religionuts are not going to relent. Wars are fought and people kill and die because they're convinced their religion compels them to do so. It's probably unrealistic to argue with these people because they are no less willing to defend the group ego of organized religion at any cost.
The reality is that today's zealots will not fight a war. they are far too busy eating Cheetos and babbling their fiction on Topix to inconvenience themselves to start an armed insurrection. Same sex marriage WILL come to pass, and when it does, there will be no impact upon their lives, their freedom of speech, or their free exercise of religion.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you didn't believe in 'fairy tales'?
no, fairy tales are real. they are a form of literature.

your god is not real, as has been proven with verifiable facts.

you are in a cult that lied to you from day one till the present...

you are knowingly lying when you promulgate the teachings of your cult.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
fairy tales are real.
That might explain some things about you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

fr Brian_G:

>Any ideal is Disney? Why shouldn't we raise boys to become graduates, employees, men, husbands and fathers? Is it bad to raise girls to wait for marriage before conception? These things happen too, and many find value in encouraging that social model.
Same sex marriage supporters should learn more about their culture. Some of this is remedial.
Same sex marriage is like ignorant barbarism compared to the civilization and husband/wife marriage.<

1. Why shouldn't we raise girls to become CEO's, Secretary of State, Premiers of countries, CFO's, police officers, doctors, lawyers, bank presidents, etc.?

2. Is it bad to teach boys to keep their pants zipped until marriage, and quit thinking that they are the center of the universe? I don't think you've ever heard or understood the word RAPE.

3. My marriage to my WIFE, Brian, is NOT "ignorant barbarism". Grow UP and get a life. Quit whining, for a change, and realize that Marriage EQUALITY is coming, whether YOU like it or not!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
That might explain some things about you.
are you saying the story of Hansel and Gretel isn't a real story? were the Brothers Grimm also fantasy?

now, believing that the events in a fairy tale are real is what you are doing with your cult worship...totally different thing.

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what God said.
Romans 1 "men with men" "God gave them over to a REPROBATE MIND"
God didn't say that. Actually, that quote was attributed (probably incorrectly) to Paul. And you didn't finish the sentence as it was published. Just sayin'.

You 'know" what is written in whatever version of the Bible you insist is correct. Do you know what Jesus said about homosexuality?
common sense

Box Hill, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I sense a self important, meandering, pointless rant coming on.
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with Christianity or religion, it is a matter of civil law. However, you may have just shown the true basis of your own position.
<quoted text>
Actually, neither are required. Legal marriage is a civil matter, if one would want to marry sheerly for legal benefits, that is entirely legal. I have friends who are accountants who civilly marry or divorce based upon tax liability for the year.
<quoted text>
Once again,y ow are bringing the religion to a civil debate. Read the first amendment, never the twain shall meet.
You truly have unveiled your underlying motivation, and it is irrelevant.
<quoted text>
Do you enjoy making yourself look stupid?
I would invite you to cite criminal code in the US tht criminalizes homosexuality.
Now you just look ignorant.
<quoted text>
Congratulations, you are not terribly intelligent or rational?
<quoted text>
Then perhaps you should not have introduced such an short-sighted argument. The fact remains we live in a free society, and that means that unless it hurts someone else, or is contrary to a compelling state interest, people can basically do what they want. One would have to be an idiot to bring up same sex incest, because the compelling state interest does not exist. Of course, the fools that bring up this argument think they are making a valid argument against same sex marriage, but they are not, they are merely making a valid argument for same sex incest. Well played.
The words and actions of the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church are, in your own childlike words “disgusting ,the majority of the population dont want it,its not normal social behavior”, but they are still covered by free speech.
Grow a thicker skin, equality is coming, regardless of how bigoted you are.
The compelling state interest exists just as much for one as it does for the other ,and it goes to show that if we change it for one ,then there would still be inequality so we would need to change it for others ,thus deteriorating the meaning of marriage and the moral fortitude of our civilization even further than it already is.

You keep refering to it as equality which is ridiculous as it already exists because we are all bound by the same rules of marriage.Allowing gays to marry would cause inequality for heterosexuals in certain circumstances where there is enforced divisions within the sexes such as in prisons.Theoretically a male in prison would be able to be in prison with their 'spouse' whilst normal people wouldnt have that priveledge.

Just face it,gay marriage is a ridiculous concept ,i now pronounce you husband and husband ,or wife and wife,its just not what marriage was created for.Snap out of it ,stop breaking everyones balls and just live your lifes without trying to change things to suit your disorder.

common sense

Box Hill, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that today's zealots will not fight a war. they are far too busy eating Cheetos and babbling their fiction on Topix to inconvenience themselves to start an armed insurrection. Same sex marriage WILL come to pass, and when it does, there will be no impact upon their lives, their freedom of speech, or their free exercise of religion.
Lucky for you that they are far too busy eating their cheetos otherwise the attraction challenged would be booted back into their closets faster than you could say gay marriage.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
The compelling state interest exists just as much for one as it does for the other ,and it goes to show that if we change it for one ,then there would still be inequality so we would need to change it for others ,thus deteriorating the meaning of marriage and the moral fortitude of our civilization even further than it already is.
You keep refering to it as equality which is ridiculous as it already exists because we are all bound by the same rules of marriage.Allowing gays to marry would cause inequality for heterosexuals in certain circumstances where there is enforced divisions within the sexes such as in prisons.Theoretically a male in prison would be able to be in prison with their 'spouse' whilst normal people wouldnt have that priveledge.
Just face it,gay marriage is a ridiculous concept ,i now pronounce you husband and husband ,or wife and wife,its just not what marriage was created for.Snap out of it ,stop breaking everyones balls and just live your lifes without trying to change things to suit your disorder.
ridiculous argument...

again the everybody has the same rights now argument was used previously and it failed when trying to keep 'traditional marriage' to a couple of the same race.

when will you realize there is no 'traditional marriage'? it has been constantly changing as all social constructs do...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,721 - 3,740 of50,415
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••