Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61396 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#39545 Mar 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage?
You can't even qualify for separate but equal!
Didn't do so well in simple math, did you?
Smirk.
Wow, another attempted ANALogy that fails.

Still married here, Hunty.

How many SS marriages have your opinions managed to legally invalidate? Which courts have consulted you for your expert testimony as a gender authority?

SecretSmile, Loser.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39546 Mar 29, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Multiple child brides at once can exist ONLY in polygamy.
How can 2 people in a monogamous marriage consist of an 3 or more people?
2 does NOT equal 3 or 4 or 5 etc.
You're having trouble with math again.
So you try the arithmetic argument against other peoples marriages once again. Priceless.

Son, I know 100 times the math that you do.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#39547 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Making you angrily and lamely respond to my every post is doing lots of good. I have proven you a hater and a bigot with no argument and that's the best you can do on Topix.
Nope, you've only convinced yourself of that.

Meanwhile I've helped keep polyga-marriage illegal while getting marriage equality for same-sex couples in 17 states and counting.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39548 Mar 29, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
GREEN SQUID!!!!
It's not illegal to live in a polygamous "family".
They can't be charged with bigamy unless they are legally married more than one person.
Legalizing child brides means you can't prosecute them for having sex with their child bride.
It wasn't illegal for same sex couples live together as married either, but you weren't real happy about it not being equal to marriage, neither are polyamorists.

It is truly amazing you are not aware that you use the same stupid arguments against polygamy as they used against SSM. You are now them.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39550 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that I don't think they're valid, it's that they aren't valid and you have failed to prove they are.
Your circular reasoning and red herrings prove me right. You haven't told me I am a drunk cripple lately to try and prove I'm wrong. That's an improvement.
The proof is in the pudding.

If the arguments against polygamy weren't valid, then polyga-marriage would be legal.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39551 Mar 29, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile I've helped keep polyga-marriage illegal
That shouldn't make you proud. When someone did it to you you screamed bloody murder.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39552 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think it's you keeping polygamy illegal! Too funny! Get a grip son. Like if you die tomorrow, polygamy will become legal.
You are a silly fool. Like your opinion matters and my doesn't. We're talking mental illness here. You are a tiny bit less important than you think you are.
Prove it's not me keeping polygamy illegal.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39553 Mar 29, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
GREEN SQUID!!!!
It's not illegal to live in a polygamous "family".
They can't be charged with bigamy unless they are legally married more than one person.
Legalizing child brides means you can't prosecute them for having sex with their child bride.
Once again. Tell us why legalizing consenting adult marriage legalizes child brides. I love it when you try to explain that.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39554 Mar 29, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe they liked being married, and part of a family.
Possible, but obviously they don't like being legally married enough to actually fight for the right to be legally married to all their "wives" and having the legal responsibilities which go along with that.

That's certainly their right, as long as they aren't abusing any kids in the process.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39555 Mar 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an excellent post. Everyone is taken care of such as survivor benefits, property rights and power of attorney with a gay-domestic partnership contract. Words mean things and Marriage is what it is. It is not a game or an joke like these progay folks want to believe
And my marriage is what it is as well.

If you want a domestic partnership contract, feel free to have one.

I'll keep my marriage and all the rights which come from it.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39556 Mar 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Being against Gay Marriage is not 'bigotry". In fact a gay has the same marriage rights as everyone else. The gay needs to man up and find a nice girl and ask her to marry him. If that gay wants to practice homosex then live the single gay club drug life and give each other AIDS.
Would you want your daughter marrying a gay man?

Would you want your son marrying a lesbian?

Tawas City, Michigan

#39558 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigamy is against the law poof daddy, please keep up.
Yeah, and just how is making bigamy legal going to make it easier to prosecute someone for bigamy?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#39559 Mar 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been tested for AIDS?
You better before you spread the disease to others in your "culture"
It is not bigotry to be in favor of Marriage as between a man and a woman. That is by definition what Marriage is.
I can understand your desperation to feel accepted for your faggottry but it is what it is...a deviant sexual taboo
Look, we know it's difficult for people of your age to accept, but it's over. Really, it is over.
We have federal recognition and 17 states. The remaining states will fall like a house of cards.

Marriage promotes healthy lifestyles, so your pathetic (childish) attempts to insult us with AIDS references are stupid.

You do realize the when you're dead and gone, nobody will be there to pick up the torch for you, right? Is that why you're cranky?

Tawas City, Michigan

#39560 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I said if polygamy were legal, it would bring it out of the shhdows, lessen any crime associated with it and make it easier to prosecute.
Poof Daddy piped in with "Cohabitation is not illegal, so polygamists lie to their kids" I told Poof Daddy bigamy is illegal. So you pipe in with "Bigamy is polygamy princess". PRICELESS!
If I were you I wouldn't blindly agree with poof daddy's ignorance.
And how would you prosecute someone for having sex with an underage child, if you just made it legal for them to have sex with an underage child?

Living a polygamous "lifestyle" isn't illegal as long as you don't try to get multiple marriage licenses issued from the state, so there is nothing preventing people from coming forward if they're being abused.

Making the abuse legal isn't going to make it any easier to prosecute the abuse, because you would have just made the abuse legal.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39561 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sucks doesn't it? Poof, Sheeples et al do it routinely. Sheepie calls polygamy "polyga-marriage" for some strange hateful reason.
I only do that to differentiate the polygamous "lifestyle" which is technically legal, as opposed to legally marrying more than one person at a time- i.e. polyga-marriage.

I can refer to it by the technical term of bigamy if that makes you feel better, but that has negative connotations as well.

Your choice-

Polyga-marriage?

Bigamy?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#39562 Mar 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only assume you have a gay-marriage piece of paper and you slipped in under a court ordered contract made possible by some liberal judge. You are not married in most parts of the US or the world. You are a fraud
Marriage is more than a piece of paper, Grandpa. You should know that, at your advanced age.

Our marriages are recognized by friends, family, community, employers, the federal government, and in our case the Church. In my state, marriage equality was legislated, so your "liberal judge" comments are simply wrong.

Your opinion that our marriages aren't real (just like KiMare's opinion) is completely irrelevant.

There is good news for you, Grandpa. At your age, you won't have to live in a country with marriage equality too much longer. Your grandchildren, however, will get to live in a land where real equality exists.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39563 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids know polygamy (bigamy) is a crime. They know their parents are hated by people like you and by the police. They know if they go to the cops, very bad things will happen to their families and you fully support this hateful madness. Even while knowing it will lessen if polygamy is brought out of the shadows. In a lot of ways you are responsible for making life miserable for these innocent victims of government excess.
Kids don't want their parents to go to prison Poof Daddy. It is not good for them. And why are they really going to prison? Because you feel their parents shouldn't be married.
So you're saying all these polygamists HAVE actually committed bigamy by getting multiple fraudulent marriage licenses for each of their "wives" at the same time?

Because that's the ONLY way their Daddy would go to jail for being a polygamist in America.

My understanding is they're just LIVING as husband and "wives", but only have one valid marriage license at most. WHICH IS COMPLETELY LEGAL, so no worry about Daddy going to jail.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39564 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you try the arithmetic argument against other peoples marriages once again. Priceless.
Son, I know 100 times the math that you do.
And yet you don't seem to know that multiple child brides at once can ONLY occur in polygamy and NOT in monogamy.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39565 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't illegal for same sex couples live together as married either, but you weren't real happy about it not being equal to marriage, neither are polyamorists.
It is truly amazing you are not aware that you use the same stupid arguments against polygamy as they used against SSM. You are now them.
GREEN SQUID!!!!!

Your argument was that somehow legalizing multiple child brides would make it easier to prosecute people for having multiple child brides.

When did those opposed to "SSM" ever use the argument it would allow men to marry multiple children at once?

I'm pretty sure they never used that argument, because that argument only applies to polygamy.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39566 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That shouldn't make you proud. When someone did it to you you screamed bloody murder.
I've never wanted to get polyga-married, so why would I scream bloody murder when someone else supported keeping polyga-marriage illegal?

You keep claiming these people did the same to me, but they never did.

Are you drunk again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Aura Mytha 204,934
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,418,774
News Obama has no plans to end vacation to visit Lou... 16 min kuda 51
News I talked to a former special prosecutor about D... 28 min Cordwainer Trout 10
News Mass hunger 'a moral scandal' Bread president t... 40 min Rosa_Winkel 76
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 43 min katrina 88 7,731
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Health care in Ca... 222,471
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 393,272
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr IND 239,443
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 4 hr osangaope 45
More from around the web