Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61402 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

poof

Madison, WI

#39519 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. I am simply saying polygamy should be legal and you aren't giving me any valid reasons why it shouldn't be.
Why is polygamy illegal?
poof

Madison, WI

#39521 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when it will result in her family going to prison for bigamy. Whereas if polygamy were legal she could use the laws we have for crimes like these. But you prefer she doesn't have access to them and suffers in silence. Because you erroneously believe that if we allow polygamy your marriage might be effected.
Huh, cohabitation is not against the law. That must mean that people like Kody lie to children.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#39522 Mar 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Being against Gay Marriage is not 'bigotry". In fact a gay has the same marriage rights as everyone else. The gay needs to man up and find a nice girl and ask her to marry him. If that gay wants to practice homosex then live the single gay club drug life and give each other AIDS.
You are kidding right? ROTFL! A nice girl and a gay man would have no NEED for each other. As for AIDS/HIV is knows NO gender. ANYONE can get it!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#39523 Mar 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an excellent post. Everyone is taken care of such as survivor benefits, property rights and power of attorney with a gay-domestic partnership contract. Words mean things and Marriage is what it is. It is not a game or an joke like these progay folks want to believe
Yes, words mean things. And nobody gets to call my marriage anything less.

Do you also get offended when a cookbook tells you to marry two ingredients?

See how stupid you are?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#39524 Mar 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Being against Gay Marriage is not 'bigotry".
That's your fantasy and you're sticking to it. Reality be damned.
SevenTee wrote:
In fact a gay has the same marriage rights as everyone else.
Yes dear, we do. It is the right to marry the legally qualified individual of OUR choice, without unwarranted governmental interference. Telling us who we may and may not marry based on their gender, unwarranted governmental interference.
SevenTee wrote:
The gay needs to man up and find a nice girl and ask her to marry him.
This straight needs to man up and find a clue. Your problems with the gay folk are your problems Mary, not ours.
SevenTee wrote:
If that gay wants to practice homosex then live the single gay club drug life and give each other AIDS.
If this straight wants to practice stupid and hateful, please keep it to yourself.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#39525 Mar 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Being against Gay Marriage is not 'bigotry". In fact a gay has the same marriage rights as everyone else. The gay needs to man up and find a nice girl and ask her to marry him. If that gay wants to practice homosex then live the single gay club drug life and give each other AIDS.
Pappy, It is Bigotry! Read your own post Moron.'Man up" Please. What makes a 'man' is NOT by what he sleeps with, it comes from, doing the right thing, honesty, accepting others and one's self.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#39526 Mar 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly is bigotry, by definition. If you don't want to be called a bigot, stop being one.

So stupid, you have no respect for women, either. You think it's cool for a gay man to marry a straight woman just to please you? What about the woman? Should she waste her prime years in a sham marriage while he experiments with your stupid premise? Does she not deserve genuine love? You're disgusting. And stupid.

And nasty. "give each other AIDS." Yes, I'm sure Jesus appreciated that comment.

Phony "christian."
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39527 Mar 29, 2014
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Huh, cohabitation is not against the law. That must mean that people like Kody lie to children.
Bigamy is against the law poof daddy, please keep up.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39528 Mar 29, 2014
poof wrote:
<quoted text>You suck at comprehension, try again.......
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to give you anything, and polyga-marriage will remain illegal.
Seems I'm also rather effective as well.
He never said a word about him keeping polygamy illegal.
"Seems I'm also rather effective as well."
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39529 Mar 29, 2014
poof wrote:
<quoted text>I cant? You should move to one of them.
If anal sex bothers you, stop doing it
Didn't work for you.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#39530 Mar 29, 2014
LEGAL IN THE UK

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/gay-marri...

Prime Minister David Cameron championed its passage.

In an article for the Web site PinkNews published late Friday, Cameron hailed the new law.“It says we are a country that will continue to honour its proud traditions of respect, tolerance and equal worth,” Cameron wrote for the Web site, which describes itself as Europe’s largest gay news service.“It also sends a powerful message to young people growing up who are uncertain about their sexuality. It clearly says ‘you are equal’ whether straight or gay.”
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#39531 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigamy is against the law poof daddy, please keep up.
Bigamy is polygamy, Princess. you just don't tell.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39532 Mar 29, 2014
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I said if polygamy were legal, it would bring it out of the shhdows, lessen any crime associated with it and make it easier to prosecute.

Poof Daddy piped in with "Cohabitation is not illegal, so polygamists lie to their kids" I told Poof Daddy bigamy is illegal. So you pipe in with "Bigamy is polygamy princess". PRICELESS!

If I were you I wouldn't blindly agree with poof daddy's ignorance.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39533 Mar 29, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, words mean things. And nobody gets to call my marriage anything less.
Do you also get offended when a cookbook tells you to marry two ingredients?
See how stupid you are?
Sucks doesn't it? Poof, Sheeples et al do it routinely. Sheepie calls polygamy "polyga-marriage" for some strange hateful reason.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#39534 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I said if polygamy were legal, it would bring it out of the shhdows, lessen any crime associated with it and make it easier to prosecute.
Poof Daddy piped in with "Cohabitation is not illegal, so polygamists lie to their kids" I told Poof Daddy bigamy is illegal. So you pipe in with "Bigamy is polygamy princess". PRICELESS!
If I were you I wouldn't blindly agree with poof daddy's ignorance.
Actually I don't agree with either of you. Oinky. There's no longer the need for patriarchs on the farm...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39535 Mar 29, 2014
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Huh, cohabitation is not against the law. That must mean that people like Kody lie to children.
This is Poof's response to my post that victims of crimes ignorantly associated with only polygamy would be better off if polygamy were legal. It would bring polygamy out of the shadows and make crimes easier to prosecute.

So Poof responds "Ah, duh, drool, duh, cohabitation is not against the law. Ah, duh, drool. That must mean that people like Kody lie to children. Ah, duh, drool."

That's why I like you silly jackasses.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#39536 Mar 29, 2014
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I don't agree with either of you. Oinky. There's no longer the need for patriarchs on the farm...
Who is the patriarch in a marriage of three men Squeaky? Or a marriage of two men and one woman?
poof

Madison, WI

#39537 Mar 29, 2014
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no polygamists in the US ,its illegal
poof

Madison, WI

#39538 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Poof's response to my post that victims of crimes ignorantly associated with only polygamy would be better off if polygamy were legal. It would bring polygamy out of the shadows and make crimes easier to prosecute.
So Poof responds "Ah, duh, drool, duh, cohabitation is not against the law. Ah, duh, drool. That must mean that people like Kody lie to children. Ah, duh, drool."
That's why I like you silly jackasses.
Duh if the parents are telling their children that they will go to jail for living together . Then they are lying. Polygamy is against the law not cohabitation
poof

Madison, WI

#39539 Mar 29, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the patriarch in a marriage of three men Squeaky? Or a marriage of two men and one woman?
Why is polygamy illegal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A spurned Christie commands the spotlight 2 min Synque 129
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min My New Alias RULES 1,403,370
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 3 min WeTheSheeple 132
News Could NATO be the next alliance to unravel? 7 min WeTheSheeple 44
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min One way or another 201,148
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... 10 min Synque 21
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Frankendrumpf 232,860
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min Coffee Party 391,107
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 1 hr Responsibility 156
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 1 hr spud 192
More from around the web