Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman. Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#32353 Mar 3, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry that my post was above your head. Try again
Well you're just too smart for me! So stop trying. Hell you're a "master machinest" [sic].

I dunno. If I wanted to hire a master machinist, I doubt I'd pick the guy who can't even spell it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#32354 Mar 3, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just tell us why you do not make any sense and why it is impossible to understand what you are saying.
So you can't understand a simple question.

As I said...... politics. You're cherry picking your points as much as anyone here that you torment.

SIMPLE QUESTION. Why defend gays and NOT single people who choose not to get married, as they have the right to and certainly don't deserve to be financially punished for?

You already said that you agree that marriage shouldn't include financial incentives. You just don't say it to me.

Politics! You want to turn the topic in a certain direction. That's nice. A lot of us do so, but some of us see it coming fairly early and then we give you THAT MOST DREADED OF COMMENTS!.....the simple question. You don't answer. You feel entitled to that great white man's luxury, keeping your silence. Well, the Bill of Rights does mention that, but it's not a luxury for politicians or anyone who has to fill out a job application.

You really don't have a point worth making. Wrong time. Wrong place. Wrong reason...that is, if you're actually making one. As is, all you demonstrate is a passion for that fundamental right that all Americans agree on but refuse to name, the right to lie.

Congrats for acting it out for us all.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Scotts Valley, CA

#32355 Mar 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a good friend who was an archeologist.(gone now). He said he couldn't decide what to be, a gynecologist, a geologist or a proctologist so he became an archeologist to get a little of each.
Darn. That went over my head.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#32356 Mar 3, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
1. A certain percentage of people are other than heterosexual. Time to grow up and get over it.
2. Irrelevant. Many people marry with no intention of procreation. Procreation is not a legal marriage requirement.
3. Great point with "trusting relationships." Why are you spending so much time belittling other people's trusting relationships?
You bring up a VERY good question!...AND here's my answer.

Let's remove ALL the monetary incentives to marriage so we can ALL appreciate the authenticity of your "trusting" relationships!

Back a'cha!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#32357 Mar 3, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call it 'marriage' but it is not a marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. All other forms of 'marriage' are shams.
For YOU, marriage is between a man and a woman. For most intelligent people, marriage is between and two non-related, consenting adults.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#32358 Mar 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A blatant lie.
Prevailing interest has always been to protect the best birthplace for new members of society. We spend billions dealing with the failures.
There is no prevailing interest apart from children that will not discriminate against anyone or any relationship not included.
Wrong again.....if what you stated was true, an unborn fetus would have rights and they DON'T!!!

If what you stated had truth....then the State would be winning in court with their responsible procreative argument and they haven't there either!!!

Scotts Valley, CA

#32359 Mar 3, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up a VERY good question!...AND here's my answer.
Let's remove ALL the monetary incentives to marriage so we can ALL appreciate the authenticity of your "trusting" relationships!
Back a'cha!
Let's ask a better question.

What have you got against marriage equality?
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#32360 Mar 3, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not be able to confirm Consciousness but I have. It starts with the recognition of the properties of our triune brain and how the parts do not work together in peace and harmony. Only when the 3 parts of the human brain work together in harmony can the higher parts of the brain begin to penetrate and become a part of the working of the lower part.
And only when the higher blends with the lower to actualize the middle is it possible to understand your Jesus other than literally. There are 7 different levels of understanding of each verse in the Bible. You read it like you do a newspaper and that is how I quote it back to you.
Why do you stand outside the pearly gates when the kingdom is within?
That says maybe. The triune brain is a crude abstraction that seems to think that the primordial parts of the brain are hard-wired, indestructible parts of the Freudian Id. I say that all primordial instincts are controllable if the more developed parts of the brain are capable of dominance through a confident sense of control over the environment.

The REAL question here is about what YOU are doing with your brain to break down the normal organization of the higher functions!

If you want to talk about the "levels" of understanding of the Bible, that's purely a human abstraction as only the human species is evolved to put temporal considerations ahead of the holistic view of ones environment....essentially, you're trying to perfect your lying skills by studying religion. Seven levels is irrelevant. Living within the the rules of nature or cheating them is the only spiritual choice that humans make.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#32361 Mar 3, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's ask a better question.
What have you got against marriage equality?
Based on his previous posts, it's probably the fact it doubles the number of people who don't want to marry him.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#32362 Mar 3, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.....if what you stated was true, an unborn fetus would have rights and they DON'T!!!
Boy am I glad I'm not an unborn fetus anymore! Pheeew! I made it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#32363 Mar 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy am I glad I'm not an unborn fetus anymore! Pheeew! I made it.
It's never too late for an 18th trimester abortion.

Scotts Valley, CA

#32364 Mar 3, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on his previous posts, it's probably the fact it doubles the number of people who don't want to marry him.
I see your point. lol

Scotts Valley, CA

#32365 Mar 3, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That says maybe. The triune brain is a crude abstraction that seems to think that the primordial parts of the brain are hard-wired, indestructible parts of the Freudian Id. I say that all primordial instincts are controllable if the more developed parts of the brain are capable of dominance through a confident sense of control over the environment.
The REAL question here is about what YOU are doing with your brain to break down the normal organization of the higher functions!
If you want to talk about the "levels" of understanding of the Bible, that's purely a human abstraction as only the human species is evolved to put temporal considerations ahead of the holistic view of ones environment....essentially, you're trying to perfect your lying skills by studying religion. Seven levels is irrelevant. Living within the the rules of nature or cheating them is the only spiritual choice that humans make.
WTF? Is this rubbish supposed to make sense?
Poof

Madison, WI

#32366 Mar 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're just too smart for me! So stop trying. Hell you're a "master machinest" [sic].
I dunno. If I wanted to hire a master machinist, I doubt I'd pick the guy who can't even spell it.
How does that change the questions that I asked? Look sport you wish to discuss polygamy, here is your chance or STFU
Poof

Madison, WI

#32367 Mar 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama appointee, the liberal Justice Sonia Sotomayor, interrupted the presentation of anti-Prop 8 litigator Theodore Olson to pose the following question: If marriage is a fundamental right in the way proponents of same-sex marriage contend,“what state restrictions could ever exist,” for example,“with respect to the number of people ... that could get married?”
How do you know that? Prop 8 was killed by SCOTUS for lack of standing. The case was returned with the original ruling left intact. Same sex marriage is now legal in Cali, polygamy is not.. Are there any cases pending in any state, or ,federal courts that are challenging polygamy laws?
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#32368 Mar 3, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? Is this rubbish supposed to make sense?
Darn. I guess you didn't bother to do a minute's reading on the topics being discussed. That's not really my problem.

The Cliff Notes version for gays is that Rev. Alan is likely into hallucinogenic drugs and enjoys indulging his reptilian brain at the expense of being conceptually aware of his surroundings. I should think that would be the obvious conclusion of all his random and contradictory posturing on libertarian freedoms. He's looking for his next thrill and sometimes gets angry if he isn't simply handed one. There's a piece of work for you!...the you that you'd try to be if you weren't still infatuated with your mother.

Oh, well. I guess you can't have it all! Wink-wink while you can!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32369 Mar 3, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups said in the decision handed down on Dec. 13 that a provision in Utah's bigamy law forbidding cohabitation with another person violated the First Amendment, which guarantees the freedom of religion.
The ruling decriminalizes polygamy, but bigamy — holding marriage licenses with multiple partners — is still illegal. Utah's law was considered stricter than the laws in 49 other states because of the cohabitation clause. If the ruling stands, Utah's law would be identical to most other states that prohibit people from having multiple marriage licenses. In most polygamous families in Utah, the man is legally married to one woman but only "spiritually married" to the others.
Polygamy is still illegal in Utah, and the other 49 states.
"The ruling decriminalizes polygamy,...."

"In most polygamous families in Utah, the man is legally married to one woman but only "spiritually married" to the others."

So what's illegal again?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32370 Mar 3, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
For YOU, marriage is between a man and a woman. For most intelligent people, marriage is between and two non-related, consenting adults.
Most intelligent people still think in opposite sex terms, and as such, view marriage as a union of husband and wife, who could be first cousins.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#32371 Mar 3, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know that? Prop 8 was killed by SCOTUS for lack of standing. The case was returned with the original ruling left intact. Same sex marriage is now legal in Cali, polygamy is not.. Are there any cases pending in any state, or ,federal courts that are challenging polygamy laws?
Not yet. Except for Utah, where the ruling favored polygamy. It's like the early days of SSM. Had guys like yourself all upset and against it. Then things started changing for the better and look at it now! Why you think polygamy will be otherwise I suspect is just bigotry and ignorance. Or maybe it's just me!

Whatever. Bottom line? I support marriage equality and you do not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#32372 Mar 3, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"The ruling decriminalizes polygamy,...."
"In most polygamous families in Utah, the man is legally married to one woman but only "spiritually married" to the others."
So what's illegal again?
Boy oh boy Poof daddy doesn't like poly eh? Where have we seen that before?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,155,481
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 8 min Smart Alex 67
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min positronium 294,242
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 min Morse 2,595
Church-based institutions ponder same-sex benefits 10 min Mitt s Baptism of... 10
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Calvin_Coolish 165,776
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 11 min payme 442
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 19 min Aura Mytha 133,645
Probe fails to link IRS scandal to White House 28 min Shinichiro Takizawa 12
Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat in 2014 3 hr Go Blue Forever 29
More from around the web