Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61385 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

anonymous

Barberton, OH

#2838 Apr 29, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The constitution is an ego trip?
You aren't terribly bright, are you?
There is a constitutional right to equal protection of the laws.
<quoted text>
There is also a constitutional prohibition against making laws respecting an establishment of religion.
That provision is actually essential to being able to guarantee the free exercise of religion.
Carry on, parse bunny!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2839 Apr 29, 2013
fr Eileen Jael:

>Don't tell me about you & your wife. Tell it to God & repent of this lesbian devil wickedness before God severely punishes you & yours. If you don't want to believe in God or the Bible, that's your choice. I, however, don't appreciate you throwing your sin in my face. If you want sodomy, God will have you answer for this sin.<

1. My WIFE and I are gay Christians, we have nothing to do with the devil. We worship a God of love, not anger. We are full members in a local United Methodist Church. Our minister at the time was a special invited guest at our WEDDING.

2. I am not "throwing" anything in your face, Eileen. However, you should look in the mirror and say that rant about throwing.

3. Please get secular help for your anti-gay hatred and bigotry. I'm sure that your county has a mental health department that you can call for assistance. Note that I said SECULAR help.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2840 Apr 29, 2013
[fr Eileen Jael:

>That's just NUTZY THINKING! God did not make you gay. You came into contact with this learned behavior right here on planet earth and decided DEBAUCHERY was for you.... Or GOD CALLS US ON THE CARPET FOR NOT TELLING YOU. WE ARE THE WATCHERS ON THE WALL.<

May I suggest you look up "Judge not, lest YE be judged", Eileen.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2841 Apr 29, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Carry on, parse bunny!
I've never parsed you infantile posts. It is not my fault that your argument is lacking in rational foundation.
The Minnesota Kid

Tempe, AZ

#2842 Apr 29, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not going to get through to the troll. That whole group is all wrapped up in an ego trip and the liberals are glad to fund it.
It wouldn't be much of a litmus test for party loyalty if the trolls were to start being reasonable. The libs want their gays to be obsessive-compulsive poo-flinging monkeys. What can you possibly gain other than monkey poop stains by continuing the debate?
They know that they're shaking down single people to fund a prejudicial entitlement. Married people are willing to throw you under the bus in order to keep their entitlements, even if it means tolerating gays, which they'd collectively rather not do.
The only message that needs to be put out is that soon single people, parents or otherwise, will be in the majority. Remember the selfish entitlement system and be ready to act with as much self-interest as they have shown you.
See anyone here addressing Constitutional rights? No! You're not going to, either. You're just going to keep hearing the lie that they claim to have a "right" to marriage.
Well, we all know that we can't just create our own religion that declares our "right" to engage in whatever bigoted selfish nonsense that we put in writing and call "God's Word". It seems that we are in a country of bullies, and the only lesson that can be conveyed is to bully right back like a bunch of monkeys.
In our private lives, I can only hope that we remember civility. As far as the parties go, we will just need to always have a rolled up newspaper handy to explain "rights" the way these baboons understand them to be.
Constitutional arguments on why marriage equality will be the law of the land and why this is the Constitutional and the right way to go!

www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments
d pantz

United States

#2843 Apr 30, 2013
Din
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Where does the constitution address marriage?
<quoted text>
Are you realy so foolish as to have to answer one question twice?
<quoted text>
Is marriage still a choice? The individual still has a right to chose. Although I realize in your particular case you may be to repellant to court. Allowing the choice protects equal protection; which, if you weren’t stupid, you would see.
<quoted text>
Ahem, if you weren’t an imbecile, you would realize a medical condition is not a protection of the law, nor is how one is born.
Did you mean to illustrate that you are a dullard? If so, mission accomplished.
stopped reading your post at that first question. IT DOESN'T thanks for making my point. It also says the government should nor honor any belief group. Thanks for typing the rest that I won't be reading...
d pantz

United States

#2844 Apr 30, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't the Constitution, and its amendments, provide for equal protection under the law?
You might want to read it again.
very good. Now what are the federal marriage tax laws? UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
d pantz

United States

#2845 Apr 30, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way?
Single folks have the right to choose to marry, or not. We are only working to make sure that gay folks have the same choice.
Isn't that sensible and fair?
well the poverty line for a single citizen is 11 thousand dollars a year and for a family its 54 grand so if you don't understand, I guess I don't know what else to say.
Gay people have the same right to marry as single people do, the thing is its not a choice we wanted to make so why treat us differently because of that. Bigots.
d pantz

United States

#2846 Apr 30, 2013
By that I mean they could marry the opposite sex. Its their right and they could choose to do that.
d pantz

United States

#2847 Apr 30, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Carry on, parse bunny!
lol.
d pantz

United States

#2848 Apr 30, 2013
" the only message that needs to be put out is that soon single people, parents or otherwise, will be in the majority. Remember the selfish entitlement system and be ready to act with as much self-interest as they have shown you."
We are the majority.
" Well, we all know that we can't just create our own religion that declares our "right" to engage in whatever bigoted selfish nonsense that we put in writing and call "God's Word". It seems that we are in a country of bullies,"
Well, we could but, we wouldn't deserve tax benefits for it.that's where the bullying part comes into play otherwise why even care what they do?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#2849 Apr 30, 2013
If you are not gay then gay marriage is none of your concern.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#2850 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
If you are not gay then gay marriage is none of your concern.
If you're not paying your share of taxes, I'm making you my business.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#2851 Apr 30, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never parsed you infantile posts. It is not my fault that your argument is lacking in rational foundation.
The post you responded to is parsed. If you want to talk "childish", don't lie like a five year old.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#2852 Apr 30, 2013
The Minnesota Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Constitutional arguments on why marriage equality will be the law of the land and why this is the Constitutional and the right way to go!
www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments
Don't bother linking if you don't have an argument. You need to do your own research and demonstrate a reasonable level of understanding of it.

I'm not debating web sites. If I give you a rebuttal, I expect you to have an informed, responsible point of view. If I dismiss your links, I have no interest in hearing your shrill name calling as a response.

We've already been over this several times. What is the difference between polygamy and gay marriage? If anything, at least polygamy seems to address the aristocracy's livestock breeding agenda. You just feel entitled to tax breaks to indulge your sexual fantasies.

...and don't bother posting presumptuous comments on the noble efforts of gays to adopt children. That's a lie. I've been around long enough to see plenty of adults who only marry for financial perks. Gays aren't different in that respect.

You just want to cherrypick the moments when you're just another sleeze and when you're all pretty and special and in need of government protection.

**********POLITICS!!!*******

....and nothing else!

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2853 Apr 30, 2013
d pantz wrote:
Din<quoted text> stopped reading your post at that first question. IT DOESN'T thanks for making my point. It also says the government should nor honor any belief group. Thanks for typing the rest that I won't be reading...
Thanks captain not so bright.

If it doesn't then DOMA is unconstitutional.

Read the 10th Amendment.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2854 Apr 30, 2013
anonymous wrote:
The post you responded to is parsed. If you want to talk "childish", don't lie like a five year old.
No, it's not. Your post is there is its full, uncut, and unmodified stupidity. If you consider it "parsing" to respond to each point in turn, then your are a pretty dim fellow.

It is not my fault that you can't craft a rational argument or support your position with facts.

The reality remains you can't offer a reason to deny same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry, which they are constitutionally guaranteed.
sicking

United States

#2855 Apr 30, 2013
GOD will never never accept two people of the same sex as being married,no such thing in GOD'S eyes.he will judge this country,the sodomites are coming out thinking its ok but its a sin and a disgrace.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#2856 Apr 30, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not paying your share of taxes, I'm making you my business.
taxes are theft.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#2857 Apr 30, 2013
sicking wrote:
GOD will never never accept two people of the same sex as being married,no such thing in GOD'S eyes.he will judge this country,the sodomites are coming out thinking its ok but its a sin and a disgrace.
If that is the version of God you want to believe in, sweetie, you go right ahead, but sorry to disappoint you, his opinion really doesn't matter to those of us who haven't made the same mistake you have. There are plenty of versions of God in the public square that are more than happy to extend their blessings to the marriages of same sex couples. Whether you and your version of God like it or not, the right of those of us who would marry someone of the same sex is going to be recognized, you're both just going to need to learn to cope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Manaforta s plan to a greatly benefit the Putin... 1 min Mikey 17
News Trump to GOP: Pass health care bill or seal you... 2 min Dee Dee Dee 26
News Comey: FBI probing links between Russia, Trump ... 4 min Sassy 3 116
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Earl 1,507,896
News Trump may have been monitored, says House intel... 6 min Mikey 33
News Young Americans: Most see Trump as illegitimate... 7 min CodeTalker 555
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min THE LONE WORKER 239,244
News Two Ohio coal-fired plants to close, deepening ... 13 min Mikey 116
Gay Skype !! 1 hr thomast515 57
More from around the web