'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#148904 Feb 10, 2014
Lexington Louie wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say you most likely tell the truth because the local server of your ISP is where the Topix server gets your Geolocation, that Lat and Long are used to display your approximate location each time you post (if you register you can change locations shown by the edit function).
Some dial up users and a few ISP's like AOL still hide your geolcation by default.
They will appear without a location or just USA.
I live about 5 miles from Lexington, so you can see...they tell the truth.
Have a great day.
I see what your saying. I have had the same provider for years and it spins me to Campbellsville, Elizabethtown, Brandenburg, Cecilia and I live in none of those cities. I am closer to Elizabethtown and Cecilia than Campbellsville or Brandenburg. I only have one PC and only post on this thread.(I posted on the President bashing site once or twice after a poster that trolls them all was badmouthing me on it) I don't have the time, desire, or energy to sign in and out several devices, accounts, or proxies like the sock king does. I choose not to register to avoid these nutjobs "messaging" me like they do other posters. You live close to my favorite city in Kentucky, home of the Wildcats. I love that city. Lots to do and see.

You have a great evening.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
let r rip

Butler, KY

#148905 Feb 10, 2014
Gov. Steve Beshear made a pitch for the proposed statewide ban in his State of the Commonwealth speech last month.

"Tobacco use is the single-biggest factor negatively impacting our health," he said in the speech.
SevenTee

Williamsburg, OH

#148912 Feb 10, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
How Radical has the Republican Party Become? One State Perfectly Sums Up the Insanity
I’ve talked with several moderate Republicans who shockingly don’t disagree with me when I say the tea party is extremely dangerous. They can’t stand what it’s done to the Republican party, and they’re genuinely terrified that I’m right in my assessment that it will eventually destroy the GOP.

Then as I read through an article detailing how the tea party is increasing its efforts to “primary” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in Kentucky, it hit me – Kentucky is a great example of how far the tea party is pushing the GOP.
In 2010, Kentucky elected Rand Paul to the United States Senate. A man who had absolutely zero political experience (outside of riding his father’s coattails) prior to his election. Essentially, the people of Kentucky elected a man because of how radically “anti-government” his father was known to be.
A few years ago, there’s no way Rand Paul gets elected to anything in Congress above possibly a no-name Congressional district like his father was. Yet, thanks to the tea party movement, he’s now a United States Senator.
Then there’s Mitch McConnell. The man who flat-out said,“Our top political priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term in office.”
You can watch him say it here:
This is also the Senate Minority Leader who’s presided over record-setting obstruction in the United States Senate. This Senate has broken records for the frequency at which the filibuster has been used to block legislation.
So McConnell has clearly not been someone liberals would embrace and call “a moderate Republican.” In fact, I’ve never talked with a liberal who can stand him.
Yet even with his level of obstruction and blatant attempts at sabotage of anything and everything President Obama wants, apparently he’s still not radical enough for the tea party.
They’re gathering momentum to get behind Kentucky businessman Matt Bevin to oust McConnell so he won’t be the GOP candidate during the general election.
It doesn’t help that McConnell is actually trailing in polls right now to his Democratic challenger, Alison Grimes. Still, there has been talk that the tea party was targeting McConnell long before Grimes began leading him in polls.
Ronald Reagan wouldn’t be conservative enough for the tea party. That’s not an opinion, that’s just a fact.
This is a trend you’re seeing more and more conservatives embrace. The idea that they need more conservative candidates, not less, to defeat Democrats in national elections. No, seriously, that’s what many far-right leaning conservatives believe. The reason why they lost in 2012 in their delusional minds was because Mitt Romney wasn’t conservative enough.
Never mind the fact that when only Republicans had a choice, they chose Romney – that sort of reality has no place in the “logic” of the tea party voter. Or let’s ignore the fact that poll after poll shows Americans getting more liberal, not less. These people really believe that one of their biggest shortcomings as a party is the fact that they need more people like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.
Terrifying, isn’t it?
But that’s what the tea party is trying to have happen. They want to keep pushing the GOP further and further to the right, believing that somehow that’s what Americans want. Despite reality, stats, polls and just about every other piece of evidence out there showing the majority of Americans are getting more liberal.
I guess that’s what happens when you bet on fiction in a non-fiction world.
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/radical-re...
Love it when they eat their own. bye, bye teabagger CONS
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Rand Paul for President 2016
LOCK THAT UP
Sockdejuer

Netherlands

#148913 Feb 10, 2014
ROTFL wrote:
<quoted text>
man, you are the biggest liar psyofag on here,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gtTGfWDamVEXX
yeppers, dat dumbazzzz posted from Brandenburg, saying she was at her sisters horse farm in Meade county. Den tales dis tale. Bet dat was a one horse, rocky, cedar tree farm fer realzzzzz!

Ditch de dumb dum repiblicums tail.
Sockdejuer

Netherlands

#148914 Feb 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Rand Paul for President 2016
LOCK THAT UP
I like it!

“GOD OF ALL”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

#148915 Feb 10, 2014
sorry Paul i am already President and Pope
you have not got a hell's chance mate.

“GOD OF ALL”

London, UK

#148916 Feb 10, 2014
i am sweeping up behind me on a range of issues.

SHS state health service

lighting up 50 states from this april 2014

with 50 different series of balance of payments

------

take the 2 day war on Syria

not lest the nuking of syrian states 8 million approximately enemy dead

we are retching the power bases

for a preconditioned government to take place

as going to topic this is being done.

-------

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#148917 Feb 10, 2014
Ok, woodtick. LOL

“GOD OF ALL”

London, UK

#148918 Feb 10, 2014
i am also doing the citizen allowances this year

you should have your paycheque through the post by sept 2014

i want every american born citizen to receive a paycheque of at least:

$250,000 adult

$150,000 child (under 18 years of age)

these monies will not affect your regular pay packet should their be one or pension plan whatever it maybe.

what i propose is 4 quarterly payments in american dollars to be paid to you wherever convenient to you

to be eligible you have to keep your american citizenship in good health and that means you require a yearly stamp to be added (with state office frank mark) to citizen license.

keeping your citizenship healthily may mean staying out of piston, or remaining of sound mind and body.

stamps will be rewarded on broad yearly merits with yearly health check-up at your state health service.

-------
CrackerJack

Mayfield, KY

#148919 Feb 10, 2014
let r rip wrote:
A proposed statewide smoking ban at workplaces and in public buildings won bipartisan backing Thursday while breezing through a House committee in a state with historic ties to the tobacco industry.

Supporters said the measure would protect nonsmokers from the dangers of secondhand smoke.

"We're saving lives," Democratic Rep. Susan Westrom of Lexington, the bill's lead sponsor, said afterward. "We're allowing people to have clean air that's breathable."

The measure was approved by the House Health and Welfare Committee on a 10-3 vote.

Opponents included Republican Rep. Tim Moore, who said the bill encroaches on the use of a legal product.

"This is too far-reaching and impacts people's liberty and freedom," he said.

Westrom sponsored similar proposals in recent sessions, but supporters couldn't muster enough support.

She made her latest pitch Thursday alongside Republican Sen. Julie Denton of Louisville, who is leading the push in her chamber for the statewide ban. There's a patchwork of local smoking bans in Kentucky.

Denton acknowledged the challenge of passing sweeping anti-smoking restrictions in a state that typically posts some of the nation's highest smoking rates.

"I know that it's going to take some 'profiles in courage' to get some people to vote on this bill because it may not be popular to smokers back home," Denton said in a Senate speech Wednesday.

Denton acknowledged Thursday that the individual-choice argument will be the toughest obstacle for smoking ban supporters to overcome.

"Your personal choice ends when it infringes upon my health," she told reporters.

House Health and Welfare Committee Chairman Tom Burch said nonsmokers are the clear majority of society, and they shouldn't be put at risk because of an unhealthy habit by others.

"Why should 75 percent of the people suffer because 25 percent of the people want to kill themselves?" the Louisville Democrat asked.

The bill would prohibit smoking in enclosed public places and workplaces. It would apply to bars and restaurants, as well as manufacturing facilities, professional offices and most other workplaces.

Smokers who light up in prohibited places would face fines of up to $100 for a first offense and $250 for subsequent violations.

Business owners failing to comply with the ban would be fined up to $250 the first time and up to $500 for a second violation occurring within a year of the first violation. Their fine would rise to as much as $2,500 for each additional violation in the same year as the first offense.

Kentucky remains the nation's top producer of burley tobacco, an ingredient in many cigarettes, though production has dropped sharply in the past decade.

Gov. Steve Beshear made a pitch for the proposed statewide ban in his State of the Commonwealth speech last month. He laid out a goal of cutting Kentucky's smoking rate by 10 percent by 2018.

"Tobacco use is the single-biggest factor negatively impacting our health," he said in the speech.
......just another step on the road to serfdom.
Lexington Louie

Lexington, KY

#148920 Feb 10, 2014
let r rip wrote:
Gov. Steve Beshear made a pitch for the proposed statewide ban in his State of the Commonwealth speech last month.
I am not a cancer doc, however I do know people who have developed breast cancer in their life and never smoked. Same with brain cancer, we were once told that food dye and coloring in hot dogs caused cancer.

So what's your point?
CrackerJack

Mayfield, KY

#148921 Feb 10, 2014
Or is that the road to perdition??
Jay

Paris, TN

#148922 Feb 10, 2014
Lexington Louie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a cancer doc, however I do know people who have developed breast cancer in their life and never smoked. Same with brain cancer, we were once told that food dye and coloring in hot dogs caused cancer.
So what's your point?

My input on that is, I agree, so do I.

I personally don't care who smokes, if they do or not.....but that dang exhaust, diesel fuel, carbons, factory smog, fake food additives, hydrogenated and trans fats, not to mention McDonald's is killing all of us, so I propose for those who do not smoke, when you go outside, hold your breath, stay home, grow a garden and build a bubble to live in.

Or have the gov't mandate that all cars and airplanes be destroyed and we can all get a horse and buggy....ya think? Good idea? No?

Didn't think so.

8)
CrackerJack

Mayfield, KY

#148923 Feb 10, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>**********

I personally don't care who smokes, if they do or not.....but that dang exhaust, diesel fuel, carbons, factory smog, fake food additives, hydrogenated and trans fats, not to mention McDonald's is killing all of us, so I propose for those who do not smoke, when you go outside, hold your breath, stay home, grow a garden and build a bubble to live in.

Or have the gov't mandate that all cars and airplanes be destroyed and we can all get a horse and buggy....ya think? Good idea? No?

Didn't think so.

8)
Or, make your own choices and allow me the freedom to make mine.
Lexington Louie

Lexington, KY

#148924 Feb 10, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't think so.
8)
Watch a diesel as it's really rolling out that black exhaust plume, it falls back to the ground.
It falls because it's particulate matter, it's not going into the upper atmosphere because it's too heavy. Smog is another matter >ha ha<, it's a combination of all the bad stuff we are doing to our planet, and it is the reason so many are dying of lung related illness
Gardening is a great way to lessen the impact of our carbon footprint, and it's a peaceful constructive thing to do. Horse and buggy? HELL YES! for in and around town anyway, pick up your neighbor they will love it! I would! Take me to the drive through and I'll buy you a good bottle of vino.
Jay

Paris, TN

#148925 Feb 10, 2014
CrackerJack wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, make your own choices and allow me the freedom to make mine.

Right ON!
Booby trap

Mount Washington, KY

#148926 Feb 10, 2014
right on
WDP

Boise, ID

#148927 Feb 11, 2014
Obobin Hood wrote:
President Obama should use his executive powers to make it a law that men and women use the same public restrooms and do away with gender bias!!!
This would save money and show the homophobes that they don't run things!!!
Democrats ALWAYS know best!!!!!!!
Always vote democrat!!!!
President Obama should make it mandatory for Teabag Trolls to gargle Draino.
Democrats dont always know best .Republicans just make it look that way.
angel

Boise, ID

#148928 Feb 11, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the way healthcare is currently working. It is the same as if a person has car insurance and someone without insurance wrecks into you. Not only do you pay for your car by Law you would have to pay for theirs.
If America could use the Repub Plan of die if you don't have enough money that would solve the issue. But the Law is everyone must be seen and treated.
The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) signed into Law by R. Reagan 1986.
I think that is part of the issue why Reform has been such a rough go for many on the Right that IS what they beleive:If you have no money die.
Social Darwinism.
Its an unworthy attitude for the United States.
Im glad most people dont feel that way.

“No worries,”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#148929 Feb 11, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>I think that is part of the issue why Reform has been such a rough go for many on the Right that IS what they beleive:If you have no money die.
Social Darwinism.
Its an unworthy attitude for the United States.
Im glad most people dont feel that way.
That is a lie perpetuated by liberal media institutions and so called news agencies.
Nobody wants anyone to die simply because of a difference in political party affiliation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Patrick 1,110,226
Fence jumper at White House sparks evacuation 2 min Obama Bad 21
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min woodtick57 262,926
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 min Frankie Rizzo 113
Southern Governor Fights Same-Sex Marriage - An... 6 min Buford 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min loose cannon 178,096
Byron York: Why didn't Obama pass immigration r... 8 min wild child 2
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 54 min Blacktigershark 4,298
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr wondering 116,693
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Cow Gurl 2014 55,980
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••