'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
109,681 - 109,700 of 146,897 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means AL, please take him, PLEASE!
Here ya go :)
``````````
Or show me language that says just the House controls the money... said ng
``````````

Article 1 Section 7

Section 7
1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

http://constitutionus.com/

Revenue
rev·e·nue noun,
: money that is made by or paid to a business or an organization
: money that is collected for public use by a government through taxes

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rev...

originate
orig·i·nate verb
: to begin to exist : to be produced or created

: to cause (something) to exist : to produce or create (something)
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ori...

Document 11

House of Representatives, Duties

15 May 1789 Annals 1:65
Mr. White. The Constitution, having authorized the House of Representatives alone to originate money bills, places an important trust in our hands, which, as their protectors, we ought not to part with. I do not mean to imply that the Senate are less to be trusted than this house; but the Constitution, no doubt for wise purposes, has given the immediate representatives of the people a control over the whole government in this particular, which, for their interest, they ought not to let out of their hands.

Mr. Madison. The Constitution places the power in the House of originating money bills. The principal reason why the Constitution had made this distinction was, because they were chosen by the people, and supposed to be the best acquainted with their interest and ability. In order to make them more particularly acquainted with these objects, the democratic branch of the legislature consisted of a greater number, and were chosen for a shorter period; that so they might revert more frequently to the mass of the people.

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/docum...

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
ie, You think you are a hero, but you are full of (well you know)
Good night Ari, Tea bagger or whoever you are.
Maybe AL will come to your rescue.
I doubt it, but you have to try something I guess.
You have all night to search the teabagger blogs to come up with something.

Enjoy :-)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Tax-raising Affordable Care Act started in wrong house of Congress

Sissel v. United States Department of Health & Human Services

https://www.pacificlegal.org/cases/Tax-raisin...
Tea Party Republican

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good night Ari, Tea bagger or whoever you are.
Maybe AL will come to your rescue.
I doubt it, but you have to try something I guess.
You have all night to search the teabagger blogs to come up with something.
Enjoy :-)
I knew Al would put that ass to bed!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go :)
``````````
Or show me language that says just the House controls the money... said ng
``````````
Article 1 Section 7
Section 7
1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.
http://constitutionus.com/
Revenue
rev·e·nue noun,
: money that is made by or paid to a business or an organization
: money that is collected for public use by a government through taxes
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rev...
originate
orig·i·nate verb
: to begin to exist : to be produced or created
: to cause (something) to exist : to produce or create (something)
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ori...
Document 11
House of Representatives, Duties
15 May 1789 Annals 1:65
Mr. White. The Constitution, having authorized the House of Representatives alone to originate money bills, places an important trust in our hands, which, as their protectors, we ought not to part with. I do not mean to imply that the Senate are less to be trusted than this house; but the Constitution, no doubt for wise purposes, has given the immediate representatives of the people a control over the whole government in this particular, which, for their interest, they ought not to let out of their hands.
Mr. Madison. The Constitution places the power in the House of originating money bills. The principal reason why the Constitution had made this distinction was, because they were chosen by the people, and supposed to be the best acquainted with their interest and ability. In order to make them more particularly acquainted with these objects, the democratic branch of the legislature consisted of a greater number, and were chosen for a shorter period; that so they might revert more frequently to the mass of the people.
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/docum...
I agree of course.
The bills do originate in the house, then go to the senate, and from there to the President. I the order, but you misunderstood the conversation.

One of the things he indicated in his post was that the house ALONE controls the money.
Perhaps the request should have been more specific in my reply, but I thought you would have taken the request in context to the post I was replying to.
Oh well.
ANYWAYS,
That still does nothing to dispute the fact that there is no Constitutional way for them to defund the AHCA (Obamacare) without it having to go through the President for his signature.

If you feel you must jump into this to help him out (he really needs it),please, no blog posts. I don't want opinions, definitions, Federalist papers or anything else that isn't actually part of the Constitution. Just show me the language you think applies.

Goodnight sweet lady.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Tax-raising Affordable Care Act started in wrong house of Congress
Sissel v. United States Department of Health & Human Services
https://www.pacificlegal.org/cases/Tax-raisin...
Wrong again.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I knew Al would put that ass to bed!
Old habits die hard.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree of course.
The bills do originate in the house, then go to the senate, and from there to the President. I the order, but you misunderstood the conversation.
One of the things he indicated in his post was that the house ALONE controls the money.
Perhaps the request should have been more specific in my reply, but I thought you would have taken the request in context to the post I was replying to.
Oh well.
ANYWAYS,
That still does nothing to dispute the fact that there is no Constitutional way for them to defund the AHCA (Obamacare) without it having to go through the President for his signature.
If you feel you must jump into this to help him out (he really needs it),please, no blog posts. I don't want opinions, definitions, Federalist papers or anything else that isn't actually part of the Constitution. Just show me the language you think applies.
Goodnight sweet lady.
part of the Constitution...said dumchit.
``````````
Article 1 Section 7
*IS*
The US Constitution!
Tea Party Republican

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
``````````
Article 1 Section 7
*IS*
The US Constitution!
Are you starting to see why I said PLEASE, AL?:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yeah, BUT I already knew :)
Just wanted to show 'him' to the others on here ...
Again ...

Right here in front of God and everybody ... again!

:D

Just didn't want to 'jump in' on your argument ...
He's sooooooooo 'easy' to dupe ...
Almost 'feel sorry' for him ...
Did I say ... ALMOST :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Good Night :)

I've had a pleasant day today, without all the bs going on ...

Pray for a 'better' tomorrow
<3

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Are both of you retarded?
NOTHING and I mean NOTHING in Article 1. section 7 Says that the house alone controls the money. Yes the bills originate there, but before they can go into law they MUST also go through the Senate and then on to the President.

Secondly there is NOTHING that says ANYTHING Congress votes on (except adjournment) can go into law without going to the President for his signature.
If he dont sign and you dont have a 2/3rds majority vote, IT Doesn't go into law period.
Here is the freaking applicable paragraph again!!!

"EVERY Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill. "

I have never seen anyone so ignorant of such basic things in my life and still function as a contributing member of society.

Now if you guys don't learn anything, at least learn to read!!!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
``````````
Article 1 Section 7
*IS*
The US Constitution!
You cannot be that dumb.
I fully explained how what you posted didn't apply to the conversation we were having.

NOTHING you posted showed that the house alone control the money, nor did it show that ANYTHING can pass through congress without going to the President for his signature.

So unless you got another section of the Constitution to show me, you failed.
Sorry

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, BUT I already knew :)
Just wanted to show 'him' to the others on here ...
Again ...
Right here in front of God and everybody ... again!
:D
Just didn't want to 'jump in' on your argument ...
He's sooooooooo 'easy' to dupe ...
Almost 'feel sorry' for him ...
Did I say ... ALMOST :)
Sorry but luckily for you God has his back turned, or he would have saw your blatant fail.
Better luck next time ;-)
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Lot of yea's and nay's there Jay!
Clear something up for me if you would be so kind?
Which of these new points of the AHCA would you (personally) do away with?
How the health care law protects you. You can respond with the numbered item and would you keep any?
(1)•Creates the Health Insurance Marketplace, a new way for individuals, families, and small businesses to get health coverage
(2)•Requires insurance companies to cover people with pre-existing health conditions
(3)•Helps you understand the coverage you’re getting
(4)•Holds insurance companies accountable for rate increases
(5)•Makes it illegal for health insurance companies to arbitrarily cancel your health insurance just because you get sick
(6)•Protects your choice of doctors
(7)•Covers young adults under 26
(8)•Provides free preventive care
(9)•Ends lifetime and yearly dollar limits on coverage of essential health benefits
(10)•Guarantees your right to appeal
Thanks
tofy

Sorry for the delay tofy, missed your post.

The yea's and nay's were the votes of the people who participated in the poll. That's called opinion.

The health care law doesn't personally protect me because of the kind of insurance we have, under civil service. But that doesn't mean it can't be affected in ways that haven't been implemented yet...or ways we have no knowledge of yet. As for others, how does it protect them? I have no personal knowledge of any of this.

I have not seen any proof of your question number 1.

If an insurance company covers pre-existing conditions, you can bet someone is going to pay for this. Insurance companies are not in the business to lose money. Notice those big high-rise buildings they own?!

Any insurance you take out gives you a policy to help you understand the coverage you're getting. This is nothing new.

I've always believed in number 5. I would agree with that, yes.

It only protects your choice of doctor's if the doctor accepts you as his patient. There are many doctor's who have patient cut-offs, and the clerk or nurse will tell you, "sorry he is not accepting new patients". So how does this law guarantee your doctor will accept you, keep you, take you on or anyone new?

I've always believed that if the kids still live at home and parent's are still paying for the largest percent of their needs that they should be able to stay on the family policy, especially if they are still in school or college, but many insurance companies cut off these kids when they are 18. At 18 the majority are still living off their parents, so this might be a good move. I would accept that.

What "free" preventative care. Tofy, are you not old enough to understand that nothing in life is free?

Numbers 9 and 10, I have no knowledge that this is even true. Can't answer that one. Need proof.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm do what?
Would you like to explain how you arrived at that theory?
Yes, "theory" is the correct word, contrary to someone who's name I will not mention's belief.
He has the constitutional right to veto any bill period.
Not after it is signed into law cupcake. Jeeeeebbbeeebus don't any of your liberals pay attention in class.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot be that dumb.
I fully explained how what you posted didn't apply to the conversation we were having.
NOTHING you posted showed that the house alone control the money, nor did it show that ANYTHING can pass through congress without going to the President for his signature.
So unless you got another section of the Constitution to show me, you failed.
Sorry
Nice play on words pookie, however every revenue bill has to start in the House. Once the bill is passed by both houses, the house has control over the money, where it goes and how much.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Nice play on words pookie, however every revenue bill has to start in the House. Once the bill is passed by both houses, the house has control over the money, where it goes and how much.
Thanks for accepting responsibility for the deficit.

pookie: A term of endearment used for a loved one. Often used when one is aroused sexually.

lafraud continues to troll for men on toothpix. Lucky for you, you have another bj's for jesus weekend coming up.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Nice play on words pookie, however every revenue bill has to start in the House. Once the bill is passed by both houses, the house has control over the money, where it goes and how much.
Iv'e stated the order OVER and OVER again.
YES the bills start in the house, but the Senate and the President has to approve, so it isn't just them. Their control isn't complete. They just come up with the original idea (and rarely does any bill pass as first originated in the house.).

Irregardless, back to my original point. I've have yet to see ANYONE show me how any language in the Constitution would make it even POSSIBLE for a bill (defunding Obamacare) to pass without the Presidents signature and/or 67 votes in the Senate.

I do apologize for the name calling. I should be above that, and it wont happen again. I just cannot understand how someone can argue this when it is written in such plain, concise and explicit language.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Not after it is signed into law cupcake. Jeeeeebbbeeebus don't any of your liberals pay attention in class.
That's my POINT!!!!!
He has to sign it into law, or the Republicans would have to come up with 67 votes in the Senate.
Either is about as likely as getting hit by a Meteor. TWICE! IN ONE DAY!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••