'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 286887 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#124142 Sep 20, 2013
Jay wrote:
CROW....MY RESPONSE:
Your post is so incredibly presumptive I don't even know where to begin.

The seven hospital's that closed in Texas, when Ron Paul announced that during his campaign era, was because of Mexican's coming over the border, birthing babies, of which they could not refuse, then blowing back to Mexico leaving enormous hospital bills.

There's not a damn thing wrong with wearing hand me down or garage sale items. My daughter does it all the time.! Looney imaginative idiot!!
The little waitress I referred to works at the Huddle House...yeah a vertically challenged restaurant that only nutcases patronize. She is not a friend, but knows us from the times we eat there. I know she has a little girl about five that she has in daycare, due to a deadbeat dad who skips out on his child support. At the time she told us about her 2% Obama tax increase she was joined by a middle age woman manager agreeing with her, as her check was smaller, too.
We also made good decisions years ago in Civil Service ( none of your business what that was)! We invested wisely and now can afford to give to whomever we wish, and including our kids!
I started working after school and on Saturday at 14 in a grocery store, so you have nothing on me there. I paid for my own car when the time came and my own insurance...tra la la! We also chose to have a farm, horses and field of Charolais and the babies.....tra la la, among a host of other farm type animals on over 100 acres, tra la la.
I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, too! Putz!
JAY: YOU'RE STILL AN ELITIST, HYPOCRITICAL, UNINFORMED, IDIOTIC PUTZ - MY RESPONSE.

LOLOL! How am I presumptive just because you keep changing your story?

First you said hospitals across the country are closing because of Affordable Care.

Now you say well, it was really only 7 in Texas, it was 2 years ago, and they closed because of a horde of pregnant Mexican ladies. Oh, and your source for this bit of intel is from a Ron Paul campaign speech, and goodness knows Ron Paul is a veritable encyclopedia of rational, reliable information.

First you said that it was only poor mothers who dressed their kids in second hand clothes.

Now you say that your daughter does it all the time.

First you said the little waitress was facing ruination because of a 2% cut in pay (you still don't see anything patronizing about that phrase, do you little man?).

Now you say that there's a deadbeat dad who's not helping her, and now her supervisor makes an appearance and guess what? She's against Obamacare too! Well golly that makes it a much more believable story. The one thing I do believe is that you don't have any friends who are waitresses. Anybody to has to email a friend who has a friend who knows some black people wouldn't hang out with waitresses either.

Good for you for making good decisions (I didn't ask what they were, did I? I really couldn't care less.) So if you're as well off as you say, why do you begrudge RC a little bragging about her retirement?

Yes, there have been exemptions made for ACA enrollment, and every single one of them have been explained at great length. If you can't list the ones you're talking about, I'm sure not going to waste my time repeating any explanations.

As for that last paragraph...that's a joke, right? Were you singing as you typed it? What's all the "tra la la" stuff? LOLOL! Oh, and what exactly are "farm type animals"? Do they live in a farm type barn? Do you have a farm type tractor? I've been around real farmers my whole life and I've never heard any one of them say they had "farm type animals"! You sound a whole lot like somebody who's all hat and no cattle, there, puddin' pop. Which, really, is par for your course. It's much easier for your type to parrot what Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity tell you to say than it is for you to think for yourself.

Putz.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#124143 Sep 20, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again Einstein. The corporations/businesses will opt to pay the cheaper fines to the government rather than offer insurance to their employees. Many have already announced that is what they will do. Those people will go to the exchanges and see that they can't afford the premiums but it's the law and they have to have insurance. Then Obama and Pelosi and Reid will step up and save us from doom and gloom again. LMAO They will offer a single-payer policy through the government. Medicaid. Obamacare was set up to end up as a single-pay insurance law that everyone pays to the government and in turn gets government medicaid medical care. The government collects the money from all the corporations and businesses and they collect the money from every man, woman and child that, by Obama law, has to have medical insurance. They make out like a bandit and we the people will have intolerable health care situations...and pay for it too!
Who pays for the uninsured now you ignorant ass? You are among the most stupid. The only single payer healthcare ran by the government is Medicare not Medicaid. Turn in your card hypocrite.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#124144 Sep 20, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Glasgow :)
Thank you for ALL you do!
You, among ALL the other *Patriots*
IS 'why' I do what I do ...
Put up with the 'bs' from this board.
Sometimes I may get a lil 'frustrated'...
But PLEASE excuse me for that :)
It will ALL come out in the 'wash'...
~-~
I understand how their vast stupidity would frustrate you. They have cried wolf so many times and lied so many times and justified their many failures so many times and it IS frustrating and sad that they have become so weak and unable to think for themselves. I guess Obama was right about something...they won't ever bite the hand that force feeds them.

It's all good tho. We will have our country back soon and the damage Obama and the democrats have done can be easily undone. Rational, intelligent people thank you for caring about our country and family. The others don't matter. They are just here for entertainment purposes. No one takes them seriously.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#124145 Sep 20, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
JAY: YOU'RE STILL AN ELITIST, HYPOCRITICAL, UNINFORMED, IDIOTIC PUTZ - MY RESPONSE.
First you said hospitals across the country are closing because of Affordable Care.
Now you say well, it was really only 7 in Texas, it was 2 years ago, and they closed because of a horde of pregnant Mexican ladies. Oh, and your source for this bit of intel is from a Ron Paul campaign speech, and goodness knows Ron Paul is a veritable encyclopedia of rational, reliable information.
First you said that it was only poor mothers who dressed their kids in second hand clothes.
First you said the little waitress was facing ruination because of a 2% cut in pay (you still don't see anything patronizing about that phrase, do you little man?).
Now you say that there's a deadbeat dad who's not helping her, and now her supervisor makes an appearance and guess what? She's against Obamacare too! Well golly that makes it a much more believable story. The one thing I do believe is that you don't have any friends who are waitresses. Anybody to has to email a friend who has a friend who knows some black people wouldn't hang out with waitresses either.
Good for you for making good decisions (I didn't ask what they were, did I? I really couldn't care less.) So if you're as well off as you say, why do you begrudge RC a little bragging about her retirement?
Yes, there have been exemptions made for ACA enrollment, and every single one of them have been explained at great length. If you can't list the ones you're talking about, I'm sure not going to waste my time repeating any explanations.
As for that last paragraph...that's a joke, right? Were you singing as you typed it? What's all the "tra la la" stuff? LOLOL! Oh, and what exactly are "farm type animals"? Do they live in a farm type barn? Do you have a farm type tractor? I've been around real farmers my whole life and I've never heard any one of them say they had "farm type animals"! You sound a whole lot like somebody who's all hat and no cattle, there, puddin' pop. Which, really, is par for your course. It's much easier for your type to parrot what Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity tell you to say than it is for you to think for yourself.
Putz.
Hey there old OLD crow. Is this your best attempt at imitating Rachael Madcow? Try, try again. You're stupid enough but Madcow doesn't quite obsess about Beck and Hannity as much as you do.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#124146 Sep 20, 2013
I'm heading out to meet some friends for a weekend getaway. School' em and spank 'em like you always do AL. Have a great weekend.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#124147 Sep 20, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my premiums are skyrocketing just in anticipation of the Obamacare train wreck. I know that is partly because insurance companies and businesses have to hire lawyers and insurance professionals to attempt to figure out how to implement Obamacare. Obama delays and gives waivers every week or so and he doesn't have a clue what is in his legacy law. Pelosi and all of her crooked democrat comrades didn't bother to read what they voted yes to and forced on everyone else. Congress and the prez opted out of this wonderful socialized law, didn't they? How come? If their law is so grand then they should be willing to jump right in and participate. But they aren't and they didn't and they won't.
People have already had their hours cut due to the anticipation of Obama's and the democrats train wreck socialized medicine law. Small businesses will not hire due to the anticipation of Obamacare sinking their business.
Yeah buddy, it's a great law, isn't it? Great for the friends of the democrats who received waivers.
You didn't get a refund because of Obamacare...Obamacare has not been implemented yet. Obama has delayed about 15 parts of his train wreck so it won't affect the midterm elections. So tell another lie Newbie. lol Just because you roll around in democrat political shit all day and enjoy it doesn't mean the rest of us are willing to do so.
STOP TYPING. You are so dumb on everything you are saying. """ Small business will not hire """. You are so stupid. Do you even know what a "small business" is according to ObamaCare? It's less then 50 employees. Do you know how many "small business there are that will NOT be effected by ObamaCare because they do not have MORE than 50 employees?? 96% of "small business do not even need to read the new law. It has nothing to do with them. Stop typing your ignorance.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124148 Sep 20, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be so sad, I'm sure they're all black
Just 'because you libTARDS think 'innocents' are dispensable ...
DOES NOT mean "I" do ...

September 20, 2013
The Frederick Douglass Free Public Library
By Ken Blackwell and Bob Morrison

In Washington, D.C., one of our most stately buildings is undergoing an extensive renovation. The Free Public Library, Northeast Branch is probably the library closest to Capitol Hill. And this red brick structure, with its stylish quoined corners, promises when it reopens to bring even more opportunities for study and reflection to this thriving community.

We would like to suggest renaming this library after Frederick Douglass. Douglass was, with Abraham Lincoln, the greatest example of what nineteenth-century Americans meant when they defended "the right to rise." Millions of Americans, native born and immigrant, free-born and emancipated slaves, committed themselves to self-government and self-improvement.

They recognized that knowledge is power. They sought to improve their minds in order to improve their country. We saw hundreds of colleges founded in the nineteenth century, including the first colleges for women and black Americans. We saw the vast expansion of the public library system, many the gift of philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. We saw lecture series -- like the famed Chautauqua Circuit -- dedicated to informing and equipping the citizens of the world's greatest republic.

Abraham Lincoln traveled the lecture circuit with his address on inventions and discoveries. He honed his research and oratorical skills in preparing and delivering this lecture. He knew something of invention. He is still the only president to hold a patent.

Frederick Douglass[A G~R~E~A~T *Black* AMERICAN Patriot] was born into slavery on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Loaned out to Baltimore relatives of his owner, he came in contact with young white boys. He pleaded with them to help him read.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/the_fr...
Follow us:@AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Casual students of the Civil War often disagree about
whether the War was fought over slavery, unjust economic policies, or “states’ rights.”

Yet for millions of Americans in the 1860s, their reason for going to war can be found in the words of a famous 1830 speech made by Daniel Webster in the US Senate ...

In 1863, President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation and the Union Army began actively recruiting black volunteers. William understood the powerful spiritual dimension of emancipation and eagerly enlisted – a decision that sprang from his deep Christian convictions. As he explained:“Previous to the formation of colored
troops, I had a strong inclination to prepare myself for the ministry; but when the country called for all persons, I could best serve my God [by] serving my country and my oppressed brothers.”
Carney joined the Morgan Guards, who later became part of the Massachusetts 54th (featured in the 1989 movie Glory).

The regiment was led by the 25 year-old white Colonel Robert Shaw, son of prominent Boston abolitionists. >>--> The all-black 54th included both freeborn men and former slaves as well as two sons of *Frederick Douglass*(Douglass played a major role in establishing the 54th). Upon completing their training, the 54th was assigned to attack Fort Wagner, South Carolina

a pdf...
http://www.wallbuilders.com/downloads/newslet...
Local News

Reno, NV

#124149 Sep 20, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare is only unpopular because of all the misinformation Republicans are putting out there.
LOL They are even trying to sabotage it by urging young people not to sign up!
It doesn't matter. It will go into effect and once people see though the lies there will be no possible way to get rid of it.
That is why the closer it gets to implementation the more panicked the Republicans get.
If it were nearly as bad as they make it out to be, they would just step back, let it take effect, say "I told you so" and simply repeal the failed attempt.
In a couple weeks the sign-ups begin and the first of the year full implementation begins.
Then you all can STFU about it already :P
ObamaCare is unpopular because Howard Dean (D-VT), Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) and all of their supporters have said so! "It was written by the insurance companies"
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124150 Sep 20, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be so sad, I'm sure they're all black
Just 'because you libTARDS think 'innocents' are dispensable ...
DOES NOT mean "I" do ...

September 20, 2013
The Frederick Douglass Free Public Library
By Ken Blackwell and Bob Morrison

In Washington, D.C., one of our most stately buildings is undergoing an extensive renovation. The Free Public Library, Northeast Branch is probably the library closest to Capitol Hill. And this red brick structure, with its stylish quoined corners, promises when it reopens to bring even more opportunities for study and reflection to this thriving community.

We would like to suggest renaming this library after Frederick Douglass. Douglass was, with Abraham Lincoln, the greatest example of what nineteenth-century Americans meant when they defended "the right to rise." Millions of Americans, native born and immigrant, free-born and emancipated slaves, committed themselves to self-government and self-improvement.

They recognized that knowledge is power. They sought to improve their minds in order to improve their country. We saw hundreds of colleges founded in the nineteenth century, including the first colleges for women and black Americans. We saw the vast expansion of the public library system, many the gift of philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. We saw lecture series -- like the famed Chautauqua Circuit -- dedicated to informing and equipping the citizens of the world's greatest republic.

Abraham Lincoln traveled the lecture circuit with his address on inventions and discoveries. He honed his research and oratorical skills in preparing and delivering this lecture. He knew something of invention. He is still the only president to hold a patent.

Frederick Douglass[A G~R~E~A~T *Black* AMERICAN Patriot] was born into slavery on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Loaned out to Baltimore relatives of his owner, he came in contact with young white boys. He pleaded with them to help him read.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/the_fr...
Follow us:@AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Casual students of the Civil War often disagree about
whether the War was fought over slavery, unjust economic policies, or “states’ rights.”

Yet for millions of Americans in the 1860s, their reason for going to war can be found in the words of a famous 1830 speech made by Daniel Webster in the US Senate ...

In 1863, President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation and the Union Army began actively recruiting black volunteers. William understood the powerful spiritual dimension of emancipation and eagerly enlisted – a decision that sprang from his deep Christian convictions. As he explained:“Previous to the formation of colored
troops, I had a strong inclination to prepare myself for the ministry; but when the country called for all persons, I could best serve my God [by] serving my country and my oppressed brothers.”
Carney joined the Morgan Guards, who later became part of
the Massachusetts 54th (featured in the 1989 movie Glory).

The regiment was led by the 25 year-old white Colonel Robert
Shaw, son of prominent Boston abolitionists. >>--> The all-black 54th included both freeborn men and former slaves as well as two sons of *Frederick Douglass*(Douglass played a major role in establishing the 54th). Upon completing their training, the 54th was assigned to attack Fort Wagner, South Carolina

a pdf...
http://www.wallbuilders.com/downloads/newslet...
Local News

Reno, NV

#124151 Sep 20, 2013
"ObamaCare was written by the insurance companies" -- Howard Dean (D-VT) and Dennis Kucinich (D-OH)--
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124152 Sep 20, 2013
Hello Crow, Calvin, Newport, Injudgement. Your posts are spot on. CONS are afraid, they are going to lose. Over a year for it's success and the rhetoric and propaganda is proven false, threatening or shutting down gov't for not getting their way after 42 attempts will cost them votes. That 1% and a few nutjobs like these misinformed losers will still be the MINORITY.

I see the loon is encouraging shutting down the trucking to further tank the country while terrorist sit in the shadows licking their lips and recruiting some of these American Taliban. I can't see the truckers doing that myself but I am sure she will troll facebook now, as it appears, and keep us posted. It will be about that million bike run to DC. Most I am sure went to honor and pay tribute to 9/11, there were thousands. It is a shame they want to destroy America and give our military an IOU. Cutting their own throats, I mean votes.

Then jboy is lost and confused, oh and where is arigeneralbobbysocks? haha

Hope you got some rain. Big showers here. Got home from dinner before it really got pouring. No storm, just heavy rain. Awwww it smelt good, the ground needed it. Fall is a couple days away. I love fall. So lucky in Kentucky to have the four seasons.

So I see the big number of posts missing. Just saying...hahaha

Have a great night. I hope ILIH and tofy stops by with some words of wisdom and humor to drown out the ~C~R~A~Z~Y.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124153 Sep 20, 2013
wtf wrote:
I'm heading out to meet some friends for a weekend getaway. School' em and spank 'em like you always do AL. Have a great weekend.
Have a good one Glasgow ...
I'll keep on KEEPING ON!
Along with the other *Patriots*...
by the Grace of God ...

;~)

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#124154 Sep 20, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there old OLD crow. Is this your best attempt at imitating Rachael Madcow? Try, try again. You're stupid enough but Madcow doesn't quite obsess about Beck and Hannity as much as you do.
Speaking of imitation, remember this, when you accused someone of impersonating another poster:

wtf
Munfordville, KY

Are you so mesmerized by Ari and Jay that you would give anything to be like them? Imitation is the highest form of flattery. 
You are a sad little person who realizes you have to imitate someone else just to get noticed. Well, change your "soiled draws" cause I gave you a little attention even if it was only to make fun of you.
You're welcome, sad person!

You run like a scalded dog every time I post this. You finally gonna sac up and explain what you meant, or are you gonna run again?
Local News

Reno, NV

#124155 Sep 20, 2013
ObamaCare was written by the insurance companies! You people are insane to believe what Barack Obama just recently said!
Local News

Reno, NV

#124156 Sep 20, 2013
ObamaCare was written by the insurance companies! All of you people are insane to believe what Barack Obama just recently said!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124157 Sep 20, 2013
You Can Lead A Republican To Facts But You Can’t Make Him Think; New Research Confirms It

I’ve been saying for a long time that you can lead a Republican to facts, but you can’t make him think. Ignorance is now part of conservative politics.

Armor of Ignorance by Pat Bagley

I’ve been saying for a long time that you can lead a Republican to facts, but you can’t make him think. Wouldn’t you know it, Scientific research has verified my conclusions. Up until now my opinion on this was formed strictly from personal observation, combined with a multitude of anecdotal evidence. But now Dan Kahan, a Yale Law School Professor, has added to a growing body of evidence, which provides verifiable evidence that leading a person to facts does very little to make them think.

Kahan’s paper titled “Motivated Numeracy and Enlightened Self-Government” was published early in September, 2013. The research shows that strong ideological beliefs undermine a person’s ability to interpret data and even perform math problems.

The researchers first assessed the subject’s ability to handle the math problems and interpret the data by using material that had no political association. Subjects who were able to correctly interpret the data and solve the math problems when they addressed non-political situations, became unable to do so if the correct solutions and interpretations conflicted with their underlying ideological beliefs. Yes, this phenomena was documented in people with strong beliefs, both on the left or on the right.
One large difference between the two parties is the consistency with which facts tend to collide with an underlying worldview (religious or political) outside of the experimental laboratory.

Previous studies have confirmed that showing facts to a person who has a misconception not only doesn’t correct the misconception, but actually causes them to become even more committed to their false belief. In a separate study conducted by Dartmouth College Professor Brendan Nylan and Jason Reifler of Georgia State University (2011) the researchers decided to test this idea using three commonly held misconceptions:

“where some citizens may be unwilling to acknowledge factual information that contradicts their preexisting beliefs:

1. Whether insurgent attacks in Iraq decreased after the US troop surge

2. Whether the number of jobs in the US increased from January 2010 to January 2011

3. Whether average global temperatures have increased over the past thirty years

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124158 Sep 20, 2013
CONtinued:

I think it’s safe to conclude that commonly held misconceptions in these three areas are only “commonly held” among die-hard Republicans.

In spite of being presented with evidence which contradicted their beliefs, the subjects of those experiments became even more dedicated to the idea that the false information was true.

Aside from climate change, the Iraq war and President Obama’s economic record, there are literally hundreds of areas where Republican beliefs contradict facts. We see this type of rejection of reality in everything from gun violence to the abortion debate. It’s apparent in their false interpretation of United States history and their unfailing devotion to the theory of “trickle down economics.” It’s obvious when you think about their totally wrong conclusions about the Affordable Care Act as well as their inability to figure out that Obama has not raised their taxes. The list of realities that remain firmly out of the grasp of Republican minds goes on and on.

Anyone who has ever attempted to debate a Republican using graphs, charts, data, statistics, research, reputable sources of information etc… has experienced the mind numbing reality of it.

Facts don’t matter. Regardless of how much information conflicts with their beliefs, regardless of how well documented an opposing view is, they dismiss every bit of it in favor of the voices in their heads. While the results of the study are depressing to the say the least, at least people on the left now have evidence to support what we already knew – you can lead a Republican to facts, but you can’t make him think.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/09/20/you-c...

"at least people on the left now have evidence to support what we already knew – you can lead a Republican to facts, but you can’t make him think."
...EXACTLY, these RWNJs are proof every day.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124160 Sep 20, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Putz.
BRAVO, well said and so true. Loved the email a friend of a friend ....hahaha I remember that. I was wondering about that tra la la too..hahaha puddin' pop...PRICELESS.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124161 Sep 20, 2013
McCain publishes opinion piece in Pravda – but not the one he wanted

100 mllion dollars a day if shutdown occurs
Senator John McCain: Russians deserve better than Putin

When Pravda.ru editor, Dmitry Sudakov, offered to publish my commentary, he referred to me as "an active anti-Russian politician for many years." I'm sure that isn't the first time Russians have heard me characterized as their antagonist. Since my purpose here is to dispel falsehoods used by Russia's rulers to perpetuate their power and excuse their corruption, let me begin with that untruth. I am not anti-Russian. I am pro-Russian, more pro-Russian than the regime that misrules you today.

I make that claim because I respect your dignity and your right to self-determination. I believe you should live according to the dictates of your conscience, not your government. I believe you deserve the opportunity to improve your lives in an economy that is built to last and benefits the many, not just the powerful few. You should be governed by a rule of law that is clear, consistently and impartially enforced and just. I make that claim because I believe the Russian people, no less than Americans, are endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

A Russian citizen could not publish a testament like the one I just offered. President Putin and his associates do not believe in these values. They don't respect your dignity or accept your authority over them. They punish dissent and imprison opponents. They rig your elections. They control your media. They harass, threaten, and banish organizations that defend your right to self-governance. To perpetuate their power they foster rampant corruption in your courts and your economy and terrorize and even assassinate journalists who try to expose their corruption.

They write laws to codify bigotry against people whose sexual orientation they condemn. They throw the members of a punk rock band in jail for the crime of being provocative and vulgar and for having the audacity to protest President Putin's rule.

Sergei Magnistky wasn't a human rights activist. He was an accountant at a Moscow law firm. He was an ordinary Russian who did an extraordinary thing. He exposed one of the largest state thefts of private assets in Russian history. He cared about the rule of law and believed no one should be above it. For his beliefs and his courage, he was held in Butyrka prison without trial, where he was beaten, became ill and died. After his death, he was given a show trial reminiscent of the Stalin-era and was, of course, found guilty. That wasn't only a crime against Sergei Magnitsky. It was a crime against the Russian people and your right to an honest government – a government worthy of Sergei Magnistky and of you.

President Putin claims his purpose is to restore Russia to greatness at home and among the nations of the world. But by what measure has he restored your greatness? He has given you an economy that is based almost entirely on a few natural resources that will rise and fall with those commodities. Its riches will not last. And, while they do, they will be mostly in the possession of the corrupt and powerful few. Capital is fleeing Russia, which – lacking rule of law and a broad-based economy – is considered too risky for investment and entrepreneurism. He has given you a political system that is sustained by corruption and repression and isn't strong enough to tolerate dissent.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124163 Sep 20, 2013
CONtinued:

How has he strengthened Russia's international stature? By allying Russia with some of the world's most offensive and threatening tyrannies.

By supporting a Syrian regime that is murdering tens of thousands of its own people to remain in power and by blocking the United Nations from even condemning its atrocities. By refusing to consider the massacre of innocents, the plight of millions of refugees, the growing prospect of a conflagration that engulfs other countries in its flames an appropriate subject for the world's attention. He is not enhancing Russia's global reputation. He is destroying it. He has made her a friend to tyrants and an enemy to the oppressed, and untrusted by nations that seek to build a safer, more peaceful and prosperous world.

President Putin doesn't believe in these values because he doesn't believe in you. He doesn't believe that human nature at liberty can rise above its weaknesses and build just, peaceful, prosperous societies. Or, at least, he doesn't believe Russians can. So he rules by using those weaknesses, by corruption, repression and violence. He rules for himself, not you.

I do believe in you. I believe in your capacity for self-government and your desire for justice and opportunity. I believe in the greatness of the Russian people, who suffered enormously and fought bravely against terrible adversity to save your nation. I believe in your right to make a civilization worthy of your dreams and sacrifices.

When I criticize your government, it is not because I am anti-Russian. It is because I believe you deserve a government that believes in you and answers to you. And, I long for the day when you have it.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/...

Good for John, every American should write him a letter of disgust instead of hailing him a hero like the TRAITOR SNOWDEN. Half of them should move to Russia. Or Serbia, Or Syria...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min mdbuilder 1,580,758
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Trumpler 25,559
News Why Hire More Border Patrol When Illegal Immigr... 7 min spytheweb 41
News Reactions to Trump's statement on violence in V... 7 min EMMETT TILL 317
News US court rules Arkansas can block Planned Paren... 8 min Red Crosse 11
News Tense days for business owners without legal st... 12 min spytheweb 13
A list of websites and apps that have banned, d... 13 min Quirky 3
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 22 min Rico from East Lo... 1,260
News The Military Coup Against Donald Trump of 2018,... 1 hr Retribution 71
News Under fire - from GOP - Trump digs in on Confed... 2 hr Retribution 52
More from around the web